So if I am reading the website correctly, the Memory Maker costs about $150 for non-AP holders. We want one for the May trip so in that case, an AP would actually save us money.

So thinking about this some more...I could get one AP for myself and not pay the additional $ it would cost for my husband over paying for park tickets. I'm thinking our whole family would share the Memory Maker. But if we were eligible for a room discount by having AP, would only one room in our reservation be possibly discounted? (we have 3 rooms reserved).

I've read through the thread and I think I have this figured out, but wanted confirmation from you guys. We got our 7 day PH tickets in from UT. I will go ahead and link them to our MDE so I can do fast passes once available for our June trip. We plan to upgrade to APs once we arrive. Trying to get a good figure for what we should expect to pay. The tickets we have would be worth pre-price increase rates as follows:

2 adults at $467.54/ea and a 3-10 child at $446.24 for a total of $1,381.32

The Platinum APs we want would currently cost $2,337.00. So we should owe right about $955.68 plus tax. Does this sound correct?

Also, I know I've read that since APs include memory maker benefits, there's no need to purchase ahead of time. My only concern is if we have a problem upgrading our tickets on day 1, if we didn't purchase memory maker we won't be able to use that benefit until the tickets are upgraded, right?

Also, I know I've read that since APs include memory maker benefits, there's no need to purchase ahead of time. My only concern is if we have a problem upgrading our tickets on day 1, if we didn't purchase memory maker we won't be able to use that benefit until the tickets are upgraded, right?
No, incorrect. Well, you wouldn't be able to download a photo for free until you have your AP but photos are taken no matter what. And once you get an AP, it will "turn on access to" an entire years worth of photos, include the ones taken before your AP purchase. They go back 1 full year, period.

It will be priced by computing from the GATE PRICE of your 7 Day PH on a date prior to Feb. 12, 2017.

To see that price, click HERE.

On the linked page it says that prices include the 6.5% tax but I think there's a mistake. This indicates that the 6-day base ticket was 378$ with taxe and it is now (on WDW site) 390$ +tax so 415$. I don't believe the price hike was THAT big... Just crunching my numbers in preparation for my upgrade ;)

No, incorrect. Well, you wouldn't be able to download a photo for free until you have your AP but photos are taken no matter what. And once you get an AP, it will "turn on access to" an entire years worth of photos, include the ones taken before your AP purchase. They go back 1 full year, period.

Thanks for the response. That's actually what I mean, as far as downloading the pictures. I didn't word that well at all. I know I can use photo pass photographers regardless. I just wasn't sure if it was worth purchasing memory maker ahead of time to be able to download photos in case I can't upgrade right away. I suppose I'll just hope for the best as far upgrading though, and go without it.

Thanks for the response. That's actually what I mean, as far as downloading the pictures. I didn't word that well at all. I know I can use photo pass photographers regardless. I just wasn't sure if it was worth purchasing memory maker ahead of time to be able to download photos in case I can't upgrade right away. I suppose I'll just hope for the best as far upgrading though, and go without it.

Are you saying that you'd need to actually download the photos while you are at WDW on day one or day two?

Once you "pay for" (direct purchase or getting an AP) MM, you will have retroactive access to download any and all photos.

Are you saying that you'd need to actually download the photos while you are at WDW on day one or day two?

Once you "pay for" (direct purchase or getting an AP) MM, you will have retroactive access to download any and all photos.

Technically, no I don't need to download them. Last time around I did post several of our photos online while we were on our trip though. I assume if I don't pre-purchase MM and don't upgrade right away, I wouldn't be able to do this. It's not a huge deal, as it's not a requirement, but more of something we like to do to share pics with our family while we are gone.

Can an AP upgrade, or other ticket purchase, be charged to your room using your MB?
I'm thinking we did this on our initial AP purchase but now I can't remember for certain

Maybe this has been answered, but I am very confused. If I buy a 6 day PH today from UT for $449.95, and then I upgrade to an AP once I get to a park, will I get credit for $495.23 (the online Disney price) or $515.23 (the same day Gate purchase price - not sure if that's a flat $20 added on or if there is tax on that $20 also, so I'm just saying $20!)?

Maybe this has been answered, but I am very confused.
If I buy a 6 day PH today from UT for $449.95, and then I upgrade to an AP once I get to a park, will I get credit for $495.23 (the online Disney price) or $515.23 (the same day Gate purchase price -

$495.23 (the online Disney price)

There will be no $20 added in an AP upgrade transaction.
(That's because there is no $20 "up-charge" for APs at the gate.)

Last edited:
I have read and read threads on tickets and I think I know the answer to my question, but just want clarification. I purchased (4) 3day PH + extra day from UT before the increase. Now if I decide to add the WP&M option to the tickets, will the cost be $15 per ticket or 15 per ticket/per day? If I understood everything I have read it would just be the per ticket option. Am I right?

I have read and read threads on tickets and I think I know the answer to my question, but just want clarification. I purchased (4) 3day PH + extra day from UT before the increase. Now if I decide to add the WP&M option to the tickets, will the cost be $15 per ticket or 15 per ticket/per day? If I understood everything I have read it would just be the per ticket option. Am I right?

I don't think the upgrade cost will be $15.
But, in general, whatever the cost turns out to be, it will not be "per day."

The upgrade to add Water Parks+ will be a one-time payment for the life of the ticket.

I have a question I need help with that is specific to Florida resident tickets.

Lets say I buy a 3 day Discover Disney ticket and add the water parks option. I then want to upgrade the ticket to a weekday select annual pass before I have used up all 3 of the water park entries.

What becomes of the water park entries? Do I get to keep them?

I have a few questions about purchasing tickets.

1. If I call DVC to add tickets to my reservation, do I pay for them at that time or when I arrive at WDW? If paying when I call, can I use different cc's for payment. There are 3 families going and they may want to use their own cc (but I am making the arrangements). If I have their cc numbers, can I purchase the tickets that way? Will I get confirmation numbers to make FP selections or will Disney automatically link them?

2. I will be getting an AP (mine expired in January and since I wasn't going back until Sept. I'm just getting a new one). Will they give me a confirmation number so I can make FP selections?

3. With the MYW tickets, I know you can no longer get the non-expiring option via the web. Did Disney do away with that option entirely or would I have to add it at the ticket window, if we wanted to?

Thanks!

I have a few questions about purchasing tickets.

1a. If I call DVC to add tickets to my reservation, do I pay for them at that time or when I arrive at WDW?
1b. If paying when I call, can I use different cc's for payment. There are 3 families going and they may want to use their own cc (but I am making the arrangements).
1c.If I have their cc numbers, can I purchase the tickets that way?
1d. Will I get confirmation numbers to make FP selections or
1e. will Disney automatically link them?

2. I will be getting an AP (mine expired in January and since I wasn't going back until Sept. I'm just getting a new one). Will they give me a confirmation number so I can make FP selections?

3. With the MYW tickets, I know you can no longer get the non-expiring option via the web. Did Disney do away with that option entirely or would I have to add it at the ticket window, if we wanted to?

Thanks!

1a. You can certainly order tickets separately from your resort reservations.
When you order non-package tickets, you pay at the time of the order.
1b. You can make three separate ticket orders.
1c. Yes.
1d. Yes.
1e. Likely, but that's not a problem, either way.
You can freely transfer any new tickets over to other guests in MyDisneyExperience.

2. Yes. (Or, likely it will automatically link to you.)

3. Non-expiring tickets are no longer available.

We are planning a short trip to Disney in May for our family of four. We would like to spend one day at MK and one day at one of the water parks. Is my only option to get a single day ticket for each place or is there a way to combine?

We are planning a short trip to Disney in May for our family of four. We would like to spend one day at MK and one day at one of the water parks. Is my only option to get a single day ticket for each place or is there a way to combine?

It will be less expensive to buy a one-day Park-Hopper ticket and add Park Hopper PLUS.

The price to do this will depend on the dates of your May trip...

A high of $159.50 (plus tax)
or a low of $150.00 (plus tax)

Last edited:
You definitely got lucky! I've spent at least 6 hours over the last three days at 4 different ticket counters and was totally unsuccessful. The best price differential I could get was $127 (and was expecting $78 - based on today's 7D PH price vs. DvC Gold AP).

I definitely realize that I got lucky, if I was unsuccessful that last attempt I was just going to pay the $128 and call it a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter