Ticket Price Increase - Fall 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you say whether or not it's all tickets, or some tickets that will change?
That I don't know. Honestly, other than having a good idea of when this is all going down, I don't know anything more than what's already been shared by some others in this thread. I am **guessing** that it will be all multi-day passes but that's pure speculation on my part.

That I don't know. Honestly, other than having a good idea of when this is all going down, I don't know anything more than what's already been shared by some others in this thread. I am **guessing** that it will be all multi-day passes but that's pure speculation on my part.

Really that's the only thing that makes sense. It would be way too complicated otherwise.

Edit to add: If I did know something that hasn't been posted already, I'd never reveal it as it's not my place to do so. I'm always happy to share speculation but never trade secrets that don't belong to me in the first place.

Yeah, I'd probably make a horrible whistleblower...

@MuppetFan418 - I realize you may or may not know the answers to my questions, but I will ask just in case: will the imminent raise also apply to APs? And will any of the current price bridging change?

Thanks!

So, is this (tiered multi-day tickets) the reason Josh (easywdw) has been posting lower summer wait times?
Pay more, get lower waits?

My guess would be no....he writes about wait times pretty regularly and has been writing posts for the last few years around how crowds are shifting to support his reasoning for no longer doing a crowd calendar, but still providing advice to people as it relates to crowds. I do think tracking of crowds will be really interesting in the upcoming year assuming these ticket price changes do go into effect. For example - do the slower times of year become more crowded because people can't afford to go other times of the year (or just want the better prices)...do peak times become less crowded because people refuse to pay the prices...do crowds overall drop because people who were taking annual trips or a few trips a year cut back on how often they are going, etc.

Yep... I think it can either be expensive OR complicated... but you can't do both and expect return visitor loyalty.

This is the thing that's irritating more than ticket hikes really.... yes it's getting harder for me to afford and maybe eventually can't go again, BUT I might try to make it work more if they did more on their end to make planning it less of a fiasco on top of it. I don't want to pay more money AND the app has a huge, catastrophic issue that they are taking forever to fix (see present day), now I also have to look at calendar dates for peak/value times that change day to day and figure out how to structure the ticket I'm trying to buy, reserve dining 6 freaking months ahead of time, on and on....

This is how I feel. If I have to pay more and it also leads to way more work, then that is a huge "cost" in terms of "worth it". We always buy multi-day park-hoppers because we value flexibility. I have no problem paying for that perk. However, I also don't want to be nickel and dime to death...especially if paying for that isn't really giving me that flexibility.

No doubt Disney is taking advantage of the economy as well as upcoming updates/additions/celebrations/etc. Plus, with everything they have going on, their expenses are massive right now. And anyone who has ever done projects knows how quickly they can (and inevitably do) spiral out of control. I can't blame them. I certainly would assume/hope that a company of their size and caliber had run all of the numbers and scenarios. If they honestly think they can increase and not suffer the masses, then they will do it. While many don't like it for many good and viable reasons, I'm not sure we can fault them either. If there is a negative impact or economic downturn that effects their bottom line, then they'll make changes then. However, a massive, global business can't and won't make decision based on that sort of what-if. They'll bank their bucks now and worry about that when it happens.

The FB group admin I referred to up-thread said we have a reprieve, but maybe this coming Sunday. Based on the recent discussion I think it is safe to say that it will happen very soon. It could be in two days, two weeks or ???

Argh! This is stressful! I'm planning on buying my tickets next Friday, when I have the last of the money saved up. I really don't want to buy on credit, but I think I should get the tickets while I can get the current price. My DH isn't going to be happy. :(

Argh! This is stressful! I'm planning on buying my tickets next Friday, when I have the last of the money saved up. I really don't want to buy on credit, but I think I should get the tickets while I can get the current price. My DH isn't going to be happy. :(

If you buy them now on a credit card and pay it next Friday you should not be charged any interest. Wouldn't you be putting the transaction on a credit card either way?

If you buy them now on a credit card and pay it next Friday you should not be charged any interest. Wouldn't you be putting the transaction on a credit card either way?
We just did. We just had a timeline, and were trying our hardest to stick to it in building our Disney fund. No big deal in the end.

I did want to mention that Undercover Tourist only has physical tickets through Feb of 2019. For my trip in May I wanted the physical tickets mailed to me. They told me I would need to purchase etickets for a May trip.
l

That's good to know...I'm planning on buying from them for tickets in June. Probably should do that soon.

I did want to mention that Undercover Tourist only has physical tickets through Feb of 2019. For my trip in May I wanted the physical tickets mailed to me. They told me I would need to purchase etickets for a May trip.
Thanks for posting this info, which is not very apparent on the website, until clicking on the name of the ticket you are purchasing. this message is then displayed:

If your first date of use for this ticket(s) is after February 28, 2019, please select E-Tickets above and read the policies for that ticket.

Thanks for posting this info, which is not very apparent on the website, until clicking on the name of the ticket you are purchasing. this message is then displayed:

Glad to see they updated the message. It was much more vague when I was purchasing and just said if you were going in 2019 to call.

Sounds like Sep. 30/ Oct. 1. That would make sense...start of new quarter. Not sure if it's end of Fiscal Year for Disney too (it is for the Fed Gov).

That is the end of their fiscal year and also around when recent cuts go into effect (actors removed from Rivers of Light, character meets at Rafiki’s Planet Watch ending, etc)

Hoping for some help! We are planning a June 2019 trip. At the moment, we have a package booked. It's possible we will need to adjust dates once flights are released. I'm thinking from the sounds of this, we should probably change to a room only and buy tickets soon, since we would have to rebook to change dates. Is that a better plan?

Hoping for some help! We are planning a June 2019 trip. At the moment, we have a package booked. It's possible we will need to adjust dates once flights are released. I'm thinking from the sounds of this, we should probably change to a room only and buy tickets soon, since we would have to rebook to change dates. Is that a better plan?

Probably...because hopefully an RO discount comes out for your dates which you would want to apply anyways. The only thing you would be missing out on would be if they offer some kind of big package promotion next June, since you would already have your tickets. It is such a gamble! I usually look at historical discounts for my dates and find best case discount scenario to help me decide which way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter