Tiana's Bayou Adventure..Yea or nay?

I'm hoping it great

I was more excited when the mountain was going to look like this.

princess-frog-2-d24a0edda324446985a49aa78a2fd0a4.jpg

The new look isn't as good as either this art of the OG Splash...so.....hoping the ride it self makes up for it but we will see. No Friends on the other side going up the hill feels like a HUGE mistake but....if they can pull the ride off then great.

Kinda wish the land was getting redone a little more as well but we will see how it all follows and looks in about 2 years.

I'm a YAY! For the new ride. First of all, I'm going to need a mint julep. My dh is from New Orleans. It's our favorite land. And we love The Princess and the Frog. We love Cajun food so we're also excited about Tianas palace. So. Yes. Laissez les bon Temps rouler! Let the good times roll!

I'm kind of torn. I really love Splash, and will miss Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.

On the other hand, I think it's great that Tiana is getting a ride, and hopefully the whole project will freshen up critter country. New Orleans square is one of my favorite places in the park, and I bet the new restaurant will be a nice addition to it.

I'm hoping it great

I was more excited when the mountain was going to look like this.

princess-frog-2-d24a0edda324446985a49aa78a2fd0a4.jpg

The new look isn't as good as either this art of the OG Splash...so.....hoping the ride it self makes up for it but we will see. No Friends on the other side going up the hill feels like a HUGE mistake but....if they can pull the ride off then great.

Kinda wish the land was getting redone a little more as well but we will see how it all follows and looks in about 2 years.

Yeah, I am for the change and want it to be great, but some of the updates they've been releasing are sounding a little meh. It's still early, but they haven't managed to get me super excited yet. I hope it's good though. I am tentatively optimistic I guess.

I liked Splash Mountain a lot, since I first rode it at WDW in 1992. My email handle begins with "brer"...

I liked Princess and the Frog. I think it's a natural fit.

After riding Splash for the last time May 13, I was over it. The ride has been in such bad shape for so long, and it's honestly time for something new.

I'm looking forward to the new version.

I enjoyed Splash Mountain a lot. Rode it a ton as a kid and an adult. I didn't necessarily like the characters but the ride experience was always very fun. It is sad to see such a classic ride go but the state it was in was embarrassing on Disney's part. The WDW version in particular looked awful maintenance wise and had looked that bad for a few years now.

I hope the new Tiana ride is great but my expectations are being kept fairly low. Disney has alluded to Dr. Facilier being excluded from the ride which IMO is a huge mistake. I'm not going to judge this ride until it's open and I can experience it myself.

Plus if I'm missing Splash Mountain, I'll get to ride it when I go to Tokyo Disneyland in the future.

I'm a YAY! For the new ride. First of all, I'm going to need a mint julep. My dh is from New Orleans. It's our favorite land. And we love The Princess and the Frog. We love Cajun food so we're also excited about Tianas palace. So. Yes. Laissez les bon Temps rouler! Let the good times roll!

Oui, cher!!

Just as I enjoy GotG, but miss ToT desperately (it's a 'must do' over and over when we go to WDW) I'm sure I'll enjoy Tiana but will miss Splash with all my heart.

I actually wish they had done something similar to GotG with Tiana - retheme one version of Splash and then build something new for Tiana at the other park. I know in the case of Splash they wanted to move away from that theme anyway, but we could have gotten three new rides total.

I don’t see anyone discussing the actual “plot” they released for the ride - it takes place after the movie, and Tiana’s part of a co-op and they’re searching for an ingredient or something?

I was excited when I thought it was going to be the movie storyline - which seemed tailor-made for the ride’s pacing. The “story” they’re going with sounds like a huge miss to me, though. I hope I’m wrong - I LOVE the idea of a Tiana ride in the Splash footprint, but this sounds kind of bad?

Here’s the post with the ride details: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ext,aging salt mine and built a beloved brand.

I don’t see anyone discussing the actual “plot” they released for the ride - it takes place after the movie, and Tiana’s part of a co-op and they’re searching for an ingredient or something?

I was excited when I thought it was going to be the movie storyline - which seemed tailor-made for the ride’s pacing. The “story” they’re going with sounds like a huge miss to me, though. I hope I’m wrong - I LOVE the idea of a Tiana ride in the Splash footprint, but this sounds kind of bad?

Here’s the post with the ride details: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/02/new-storyline-details-revealed-for-tianas-bayou-adventure/#:~:text=Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an original, next,aging salt mine and built a beloved brand.

Yeah, that's kinda how I feel. I want it to at least use some songs from the movie. I mean, Frozen Ever After takes place after the movie, but also it uses all the familiar music. Honestly, the ride doesn't really need to take place at any specific time or anything at all. I think they get hung up on stuff like that.

Last edited:
I'm a ney and a yea.... I love Splash. Especially the WDW version... But most of what I love about Splash is the music and songs. I think if they get that right with the new version, they will undoubtedly have another hit. I don't think they can afford to go cheap with this redo and I don't think they will. I think they are going to be putting some of the new AA's in here that rival some of the best they've yet to do. They have also said there will be a LOT of AA's, and some all new songs along with songs from the film.

I'm not saying I won't have fond memories of Splash....but I am looking forward to seeing what they do with the next generation flume E ticket.

Here’s the post with the ride details: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2023/02/new-storyline-details-revealed-for-tianas-bayou-adventure/#:~:text=Walt Disney Imagineering is creating an original, next,aging salt mine and built a beloved brand.

"Tiana's Bayou Adventure at the Grocery Store"

I hope the new song they are making for the ride is great

But yeah, I'm not a a fan of this "new" story.....it's rare a ride can pull it off now of days at least from DIsney

Like the Frozen ride at WDW with its "fake" story isn't as compelling as just a dark ride retelling the story.

I hope this time they put more effort into this but we have to wait and see

I hope the new song they are making for the ride is great

But yeah, I'm not a a fan of this "new" story.....it's rare a ride can pull it off now of days at least from DIsney

Like the Frozen ride at WDW with its "fake" story isn't as compelling as just a dark ride retelling the story.

I hope this time they put more effort into this but we have to wait and see

Yeah, but at least Frozen has all the songs that we want to hear. The story is pretty silly though, what with tryign to explain that it's summer because Florida is hot. 🙄 It's not too bad though for what it is. Splash is SO mcuh longer - they really need to flesh it out a lot.

Yeah, but at least Frozen has all the songs that we want to hear. The story is pretty silly though, what with tryign to explain that it's summer because Florida is hot. 🙄 It's not too bad though for what it is. Splash is SO mcuh longer - they really need to flesh it out a lot.
Besides Friends on the Other side

I'd bet we hear all the songs from the films plus the new song being made for the ride
They all fit the new ride even if the story is a sequel.

It doesn’t matter to me. My kids have no idea who briar rabbit is but they love Tiana. A fresh update for the current generation of kids.

I was really disappointed when they changed tower of terror to Guardians…..until I rode it. They hit a home run with the addition of the soundtrack.

I'm pessimistic about it since I generally didn't like Guardians as much as Tower of Terror. To me, the ride experience and story felt kind of forced together and not natural. I have a feeling that this ride will be like that and I find it especially awkward that they're putting a Disney Princess IP on a thrill ride. Little girls who like the IP may be too short or scared to ride and people who like thrill rides may not care for the IP. I just don't see it making sense unlike Radiator Springs Racers and Cars.

The exterior concept art of Tiana's becoming worse looking makes me even more pessimistic about it.

I'd like them to make single rider better and the logs more comfortable but the concept art makes me think they'll just keep the logs as they are.

The ride has been in such bad shape for so long, and it's honestly time for something new.
But then I look at the extended downtime for Indiana Jones and how they returned that ride (almost) to its opening day glory. Splash Mountain could also have been spruced up, plussed up, and made as amazing as ever. And then Tiana could have gotten her own amazing ride, without having to be at the expense of what I personally consider a classic Disney attraction.

But then I look at the extended downtime for Indiana Jones and how they returned that ride (almost) to its opening day glory. Splash Mountain could also have been spruced up, plussed up, and made as amazing as ever. And then Tiana could have gotten her own amazing ride, without having to be at the expense of what I personally consider a classic Disney attraction.
That classic Disney attraction is based on a racist property. They were gonna remove that theme regardless. If it wasn't Tiana it would have been something else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter