Tiana's Bayou Adventure..Yea or nay?

Disneyland1084

OH PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME!
What's your opinion? Are you looking forward to it? I am, though I'll always refer to it as Splash Mountain. I dread the wait times once it opens, and I'm sure it will take a while for the novelty to wear off. As much as I don't like getting wet in the morning, once the ride opens, I'll run to it first thing once the park opens so I don't have to wait hours in the afternoon. I just hope thousands of other people won't have the same idea as me.

I think it will end up a lot like Guardians in DCA. It's a good ride in its own right, appeals to people who like the new IP, and will always be compared (unfavorably) to the classic it replaced. But ultimately it's the only water ride in DL, so it will be popular on hot days no matter what. Assuming Disney doesn't completely botch the new experience (which it doesn't sound like they will, but time will tell), after the novelty wears off I expect the wait times to be pretty much the same as they always were for Splash.

What's your opinion? Are you looking forward to it? I am, though I'll always refer to it as Splash Mountain. I dread the wait times once it opens, and I'm sure it will take a while for the novelty to wear off. As much as I don't like getting wet in the morning, once the ride opens, I'll run to it first thing once the park opens so I don't have to wait hours in the afternoon. I just hope thousands of other people won't have the same idea as me.
They will have the same idea as you.

They will have the same idea as you.
Noooooooo!! I just want to experience Disneyland one time in my life where hardly anyone is there. The nerve of others to go the same time as me. 😂 ETA- I'm not planning on being there the day it opens unless it lands during the same time I always go, which is generally the first week of August.

I am all for it. Tiana is my favorite princess, so I am excited she is getting a ride. I love the OG SM, but the animontronics were looking worn at WDW this December, so I imagine they were the same at DL. I will miss the OG, but I think the new ride will be beautiful and I assume the same ride mechanics, so it is certainly not anything to get upset about, imho.

Yay if there's a meet and greet with Loius near the ride, Nay if it doesn't. I'm a ride coward, and I don't like getting wet, so my first thought when I heard about the retheme was, I really hope there's a meet and greet with Loius because he was one of the best parts of the movie.

I'm excited. I think Disney will plus it up enough to make it a worthy successor to Splash Mountain. Will it top SM, probably not. There's a lot of nostalgia it will be going up against. I'll be honest though, I think Guardians is much more enjoyable experience at CA than Tower of Terror was. However, I like that ToT is still an option in Orlando. I would be unhappy if it was made into Guardians there. I wished they could've kept Splash Mountain in WDW as it just fit better in that park.

All that said, Tiana at DL makes too much sense given the proximity to New Orleans Square. It's almost a natural bridge from NOS to Haunted Mansion (Garden District), out to the bayou.

Now if you really want to wow me, Disney, put in some Dr. Facilier and the Shadow Friends when you're about to climb the final hill before the drop. It almost makes too much sense to make that ominous climb with "Are You Ready" playing as you go up. But I get Disney is probably going to make it less scary so it's friendly for most ages. It just feels like that's a missed opportunity.

Our next return trip to DLR is after this opens.

Last edited:
Super excited for it. And for it to become the nostalgia ride for younger generations. <3 I see so many folks talking about it like it's been there since opening day, when in reality it's only 30 years old. If it can evoke so much nostalgia in ppl, can't wait for Tiana's to do the same.

Not excited at all. I am excited for the restaurant. I wish they had turned Pooh into Tiana, and did something else with Splash. I love Splash, and I am very sad it is gone. If they had made it S.E.A. or something that made more sense, I would be more on board.

Now if you really want to wow me, Disney, put in some Dr. Facilier and the Shadow Friends when you're about to climb the final hill before the drop. It almost makes too much sense to make that ominous climb with "Are You Ready" playing as you go up. But I get Disney is probably going to make it less scary so it's friendly for most ages. It just feels like that's a missed opportunity.
Now that gave me chills. That would be terrifying and amazing!

I am not a SM fan. The drop terrifies me!

Excited to see this new ride. I love that Disney is always changing. And I love Tiana.

I LOVE Winnie the Pooh. He is honestly one of my favorites, but the I hate the ride. I go on it out of obligation, but I wish they had a better ride.
I absolutely love the ride. Last summer during one evening there was no line. I went on it about 4 times in a row without getting off.

I don't mind the change. I kinda hope they make it a little less "splashy" I don't enjoy getting wet.

This. I was so disappointed to read that he won't be included with their latest press release. At least that's what the bloggers were told on that New Orleans trip they went on.

I look forward to the new theme as I love that movie and have no attachment to briar rabbit. I like the little bits of splash, but not the overwhelming drenching. I sat upfront once (and never again). The mid-ride, dark tunnel drop splash was bigger than the big drop splash. I get some people love getting drenched like that. I've learned my lesson on where to sit on that ride. But maybe they will rework it a bit?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter