THV vs. BLT

2BR B:T vs THV December

• BLT

• THV

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have stayed at both and would pick THV hands down over BLT. The only thing that would even make me consider picking BLT over THV is the location thing, otherwise THV is a much better place to stay, IMHO.

You are correct on what sleeping arrangements are available but what people were referring to is the fact that THV has a 3rd bedroom whereas at BLT if each child has their own sleeping "place" then there will be two open sleepers in the living area. It's just not the ideal arrangement in many people's mind b/c it limits the useage of the living area to times when the kids are not sleeping.

Yup, that was me. My preference was that if two kids were ok sharing a bed, i would do BLT. Not that they have to. The sleeper chair, in my opinion, is only good for smaller children. I laid on it and hung off considerably (though I am 6'1"). Otherwise you have multiple people in the living room wanting to go to bed at different times and lost use of the living space at night if someone wants to stay up.

BLT offers more space in the living area, great views, great location and convenience. THV offers a 3br option for 2br prices, isolated quiet and a unique experience.

One thing to think about, will the kids be going off on their own? If so, I'd really recommend BLT. While you said youd have a car, they won't. Getting around from Treehouse Villas would be considerably less convenient. Not only can you walk to MK and monorail to Epcot from BLT, you can walk to the MK bus depot and catch a bus anywhere. And, that walk is no worse than being on the far sidemof the BWV and going to the bus stop.

BLT has 3BR units as well, since points are not an issue. :wizard:
We where looking at that too but we would have to do a lake view. But, not sure if that is how many points a want to burn. I was thinking a little less then that.

One thing to think about, will the kids be going off on their own? If so, I'd really recommend BLT. While you said youd have a car, they won't. Getting around from Treehouse Villas would be considerably less convenient. Not only can you walk to MK and monorail to Epcot from BLT, you can walk to the MK bus depot and catch a bus anywhere. And, that walk is no worse than being on the far sidemof the BWV and going to the bus stop.

That was my thought also. Now that the kids are older we might get some Adult time and let the kids have some freedom and BLT would be great for that. THV not as easy to get to places on the bus. Can be done but a lot longer. I'm more leaving to BLT.

Form reading it looks like MK views are hard to come by? Are lakeviews just as good. Does anyone have other suggestions.

I wonder if I couldn't get a 2BR theme park that I wonder if I could get 2 1BR either lakeview or theme park. Will I be disappointed if I get a lakeview. I'm really looking forward to watching fireworks from our room. Is there a place at BLT besides the top of the world bar to watch fireworks that has a good view?

One more question is there a link of breakdown of rooms and views? I just want to see how many in each room catorgy have what views. Thanks

I wonder if I couldn't get a 2BR theme park that I wonder if I could get 2 1BR either lakeview or theme park. Will I be disappointed if I get a lakeview. I'm really looking forward to watching fireworks from our room. Is there a place at BLT besides the top of the world bar to watch fireworks that has a good view?

The area outside the lounge is great, as are the areas near the north side elevators on the upper floors for watching the fireworks. I would imagine the walkway from the contemporary is also good. We had a Lv 1BR on the 8th floor north side and watched the fireworks from the balcony and they would have also been visible from the living room if we had had the drapes open.

I don't think you could have picked two more different resorts to choose from! :lmao:

Me ... yeesh... tough one. I Love the outdoors and am dying to stay in a treehouse, but I'm going to say I'd go with BLT in December. Why? BLT has more holiday decor than the THV to greet us all around. In December I want trees, lights and wreaths around us. It's also a very easy boat ride over to VWL and Ft W. or a monorail trip to the Grand Floridian where there are tons of decorations (and a giant gingerbread house) to take in ;)

Now my husband says lets just go for a LV GV if on is available. We don't have enough points for a MK View GV plus I told him that GV are REALLY hard to get. I guess I will just be happy if I can get a 2BR at BLT either LV or MK. I think that is what I'm leaning towards. Now the wait until May. I will still book a THV in Jan to make sure I have something. I was also looking at AKL GV. I really like how BLT and AKL(2-story) have that sleeping area upstairs which would give the only girl(16) a little space of her own and the downstairs BR of her own. I know it is a pipe dream for any GV at 7 months but one can still hope for Pixie Dust.

Though, now that I've thought about it, you should really stay at THV. We're also going in December 2012 and I don't want any competition for a 2BR!! :rotfl:

I kid, I kid.

Are going around the same time we are Dec 2-8th is our time. Maybe we can both throw pixie dust pixiedust:to get what we want. Do you own at BLT and can book at 11months?

I rented points this year and was able to get renters a 2BR LV for 4 days in Dec and another 1BR LV a week in Dec. at 7 months so really hoping I can do the same for myself.:)

Are going around the same time we are Dec 2-8th is our time. Maybe we can both throw pixie dust pixiedust:to get what we want. Do you own at BLT and can book at 11months?

I rented points this year and was able to get renters a 2BR LV for 4 days in Dec and another 1BR LV a week in Dec. at 7 months so really hoping I can do the same for myself.:)

Somewhere in there, dates aren't known just yet. We have two small contracts at BLT and most of our points at BWV. We plan to book a Sun-Thu stay at BLT sometime between 12/1 - 12/15 and a few extra days over at BWV.

Because we want MK View, we're paying quite the point premium and points are an issue since only about 1/3rd of our points are at BLT. Hence the split stay. Though, it works out well, as we've never stayed at BWV over the holidays and are really looking forward to the chocolate carousel and seeing the other Epcot resort decorations.

After this stay, I think we'll back down to LV or SV at BLT to save on points. Most of the LV rooms have an off center view of the MK (even numbered) and we just did a SV stay and loved it.

That's a hard one but I do think the decision is made for you if you don't own at BLT. Last year for that week I was unable to get a 2BR standard right at 11 months when MS opened. I was able to get an MK view on that day and everyone loved it but those were gone long before 7 months.

If there is an option then I'd just go with if I felt like more of a contemporary stay close to MK or for a relaxed room in the woods.

Not necessarily. I booked AKV at 11 months for our March, 2012 trip. Then at 7 months I changed to 3 nights in a dedicated 2 bedroom MK view at BLT followed by 4 nights in the THV at SSR. My logic was the same as the OP, an extra bathroom at BLT vs an extra bedroom at THV. We have 6 adults- me, my DH, my mom, my sister and her daughter, and another niece. I let the family decide where they wanted to stay and they came up with a split stay between the two. That works for me because I've wanted to try the tree houses! I already know I love BLT from previous stays.

Not necessarily. I booked AKV at 11 months for our March, 2012 trip. Then at 7 months I changed to 3 nights in a dedicated 2 bedroom MK view at BLT followed by 4 nights in the THV at SSR. My logic was the same as the OP, an extra bathroom at BLT vs an extra bedroom at THV. We have 6 adults- me, my DH, my mom, my sister and her daughter, and another niece. I let the family decide where they wanted to stay and they came up with a split stay between the two. That works for me because I've wanted to try the tree houses! I already know I love BLT from previous stays.

I do agree anything is possible. Actually for March I would not have said the same thing but since OP wants what I consider to be the hardest DVC week to book I do think the odds are very poor that MK view will be an option. Lakeview I'd give a chance and standard view as bad or worse than MK view.

That first and second week of Dec are just so darn popular with the low point costs and all the Christmas festivities happening.

We'll be there at the same time Dec 1-15, and plan on spending the first 5 nights in a 2 bedroom dedicated LV for the convenience .... have a similar crew with 5A 3C (2 couples, our kids, plus their uncle)
Plus one of the few things I remember from going to WDW 20 years ago is the Electrical Water Parade so hoping to get a view of that and the third bathroom is wonderful at our home resort we really need it to get out the door in the morning.
The other week we had considered either THV (what DH wanted) or AKV (what I wanted) and instead we settled on BCV, again for the location since we're really interested in Epcot and will have slightly less people (still 5A but only 1C). Haven't stayed in any of them, since most weren't built the last time I was in Florida but I keep thinking the main reason I bought into DVC was for the convenient location to the parks since we're parks people.
We'll be renting/transferring points since I can't book a back-up with my home resort and don't want to risk not getting the dates and can't really see any other solution. :confused3
Somebody should start a December 2012 thread already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter