• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland.

smidgy said:
just do what nebo does. he posts every picture that shows my, um, ( fat).

we will be responding to your email about the meet up shortly. I had forgotten that I changed our ADR at teppan edo to 4.. oops..I .better get on that!

That's what I'm afraid of, that T-Man will find every unflattering picture of me (which will probably be all of them). I guess that's the price I pay for handing him a loaded camera.

We will await your reply. We are very excited to meet you both!

Does anyone else have the CityPass ad at the top of their screen? Just a little too creepy, Big Brotherish for me. Last night, my sister told me she was curious about a product advertised on late night TV, not that she wanted to buy it, mind you :rolleyes1
She said she was afraid to Google it though, because the computer always seems to know what you've been looking at or talking about, and she didn't want ads popping up when, for instance, her grandkids are playing games on the computer.

Does anyone else have the CityPass ad at the top of their screen? Just a little too creepy, Big Brotherish for me. Last night, my sister told me she was curious about a product advertised on late night TV, not that she wanted to buy it, mind you :rolleyes1
She said she was afraid to Google it though, because the computer always seems to know what you've been looking at or talking about, and she didn't want ads popping up when, for instance, her grandkids are playing games on the computer.

I have DCL because I was just looking at cruises. We used to play a game on one thread here. We would put a random word in and wait for the ad to appear at the top and laugh with each other. Good one on Friday night with a glass of wine. :lmao:

this interweb is very creepy. Try typing hearing aid for example, and see if you dont get ads for them

Last of the post card requests were mailed out today. Thanks everyone for the requests. It was our pleasure to mail them out.

Boy, now I feel left out for not asking for a card. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind flying back and,,,,,

ok, ok,,, I just didn't want to have you asking for the 45 cents first thing if we do meet up.

nebo said:
Boy, now I feel left out for not asking for a card. If it's not too much trouble, would you mind flying back and,,,,,

ok, ok,,, I just didn't want to have you asking for the 45 cents first thing if we do meet up.

We did have one waiting for you and Smidgy but never got a request from you all. We could always send it, it just won't come directly from Disney like all the rest. And the stamp only cost 32 cents for post cards, except for international postage of course.

orangecats2 said:
(im)patiently waiting for the adventure to start...:surfweb:

Yeah, me to. That T_Man is taking forever to post. Wonder what he's waiting on?

Oh wait, that would be me. As Lady H said, I've been working on the pictures. Deleting the not so good ones, and trying to remember what the heck we were trying to take pictures of in others.

Also trying to go through all my notes. Looks like I had one too many fuzzy cups when I wrote them down at the end of each night. Plus gotta remember what some of them reference. Like this one: "Pearls , Ponzi". I think there's a picture that goes with this and some how relates to his TR.

Hoping to have a chapter up by Wednesday night.

Plus I'm behind again on other TR's,gotta catch up on those to.

Yeah, me to. That T_Man is taking forever to post. Wonder what he's waiting on?

Oh wait, that would be me. As Lady H said, I've been working on the pictures. Deleting the not so good ones, and trying to remember what the heck we were trying to take pictures of in others.

Also trying to go through all my notes. Looks like I had one too many fuzzy cups when I wrote them down at the end of each night. Plus gotta remember what some of them reference. Like this one: "Pearls , Ponzi". I think there's a picture that goes with this and some how relates to his TR.

Hoping to have a chapter up by Wednesday night.

Plus I'm behind again on other TR's,gotta catch up on those to.

Yeah, hurry up you! :goodvibes j/k
I mean we've all seen WDW hundreds of times, we need some DL!
Just glad you're going to start before I leave in 11 days.

Color me surprised when I wandered over to the DLR Boards and I see this TR. We aren't planning a trip to DLR for several years (gotta save) but can't wait to read you TR. It's never too early to plan right?

HEY MIKE and HEATHER, I AM HERE!!!!!!!! BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!!!!!!! :dance3: :dance3:

I just found this on the WEATHER thread!!!!

LOVE THE TITLE!!!! :thumbsup2

OK, looking forward to reading everything!!!!!

I so hope you both LOVED OUR DISNEYLAND!!!!! :mickeyjum

Hi Kar.

You will have to stay tuned. Too bad we missed you this trip. I know you mentioned on the weather board you and DH were traveling. Hopefully we can meet up again next trip.

WELCOME HOME!!! :wave2:

REST UP!!! ::yes::

THEN WE WANT PICTURES, Thumper!!! :surfweb:

I will tell you, Mike, you and Heather picked a great week to come to DL … as the DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON is here this 3 day weekend … OMG OMG OMG there are ONE MILLION people in town today AND all at the Parks! :thumbsup2

I didn't know about the half marathon when we planned this trip. I tried planning it around the times school would be back in session. We heard more about the half marathon towards the end of the trip. Good thing we left when we did.

Oh we have plenty of pictures. I still need to upload them to an internet site. I spent most of the weekend uploading them on to our computer and deleting the not so good ones. I still have pictures I need to pull off the camcorder as well. Hopefully I'll have all that done by the time I get to those days.

We did have one waiting for you and Smidgy but never got a request from you all. We could always send it, it just won't come directly from Disney like all the rest. And the stamp only cost 32 cents for post cards, except for international postage of course.

rats. I was going to send you our address, but I thought for sure nebo must have already. (sometmes we don't communicate)

Heather and Mike, you have just reached your 5-year wedding anniversary, what are you going to do next?

We’re going to Disneyland!!!!

Saturday August 25th, 2012. 5:00 am and visions of Disneyland were running through my dreams. :cloud9: No sooner is it 5:30 and the alarm goes off. Then again at 5:40 and one more time at 5:50. You think we would’ve just sprung up out of bed, but we have a memory foam mattress so there are no springs in our bed; plus we didn’t get the ejection feature either. So now we have to get ourselves up out of bed. You’ve all seen the commercial “I’m too excited too sleep,” I don’t know about Lady H, but that was me until I finally did fall asleep. Now all I wanted to do was sleep, at least a couple more hours. I tried calling Southwest and asked them to hold the plane for us; but they were not willing to. Shoot darn. :( Good thing is, it’s an hour and 40 minute flight, so at least I can take a nap on the plane.

By the time we finished packing and actually got to bed the night before, think it was close to midnight; so we knew it would be just a quick nap. Think it was finally close to 2:00 that I fell asleep. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 9:15 am. Maybe we’ll get a text message saying our flight was delayed and we can sleep a couple of extra hours. Look at my smartphone and I have one text message. Hopes run high thinking maybe, just maybe, I can sleep a couple of more hours. Nope, text was from a friend wishing us a safe and happy trip. Stroll on over to the kitchen, turn on the coffee pot and proceed to wake Sleeping Beauty. I smile each time I can wake Lady H up just like Prince Phillip woke up Princess Aurora. Sometimes it takes more than one kiss and a bucket of water, but eventually she wakes up. 5 minutes after waking up Sleeping Beauty, coffee is done so we each grab a cup and proceed to get ready. After a couple of cups of coffee and a hour later, we’re finally alert and ready to go. Pack any last minute stuff we may need, even though we’ve probably forgot something already. :confused:

Now I don’t know about the rest of you, but it never seems to fail with us. There’s always one or 2 items you need, and when you start unpacking at the hotel that’s when it dawns on you. “Oh man, I forgot my super duper mega hold, holds like glue styling hair gel. Guess I’ll just have to buy a hat.” Not like I have much hair left anyways. Soon I won’t need any glue, shampoo or conditioner.

Soon the bags are loaded into D’Mil car, as she’s going to take us to the airport and pick us up when we get back. Well let me rephrase that; the bags are loaded into D’Mil’s car and I will be driving us to/from the airport. D’Mil likes to think she’s Miss Daisy, sit in the back seat and let me drive. After the bags have been loaded into her car, I do one final check for my carryon bag. Park Tickets, check. Boarding passes, check. Driver’s license, check. Smartphone, still on the nightstand. Run back and get it, now we’re all set. All systems are go.

Stealing this line from Nebo and Smidgy.

“AND WE’RE OFF!’

On the way to the airport, I keep thinking we need to stop for cash. I tell Lady H to remind to stop for cash. 5 seconds after I tell her to remind me, she reminds me. Thanks, honey. I’ll try. We look at the time and it’s getting close to 7. No time to stop for cash now, just got to head straight to the airport. Still a 35-45 minute drive from our house to the airport, depending on how many Sunday drivers are on the road on a Saturday morning.
www.MessenTools.com-Varios-big-301.gif
Lady H tells me there’s an ATM for our bank at the airport, we can get cash there. Great. Disney is going to get enough money from us during the week. I don’t need to be spreading the wealth around with our bank and other banks on the ATM fees.

Checking our luggage and getting through security was easy breezy. Smooth sailing. A walk in the park. Like taking candy from a baby. Although I hear taking candy from a baby can be difficult at times.

Lady H and I head over to Hudson News to buy the paper. Our usual routine whenever we fly somewhere. They were out of the paper we usually buy. There’s another Hudson closer to our gate, we’ll check to see if they have it there. On our way to our gate, we notice the first item we forgot to pack. COFFEE. There’s a particular brand of coffee that is packaged and sold locally called New Mexico Pinon Coffee. This is the type of coffee we drink each morning. We meant to buy a small bag from the supermarket, but completely spaced it out. As luck would have it, they sell the small bags here in the airport at one of the kiosks. Instead of paying the $8 we would have at the supermarket, we’re paying almost double in the airport. With our bag in coffee in hand, we now head on down to one of the eateries for breakfast. We divide and concur. Lady H heads off in search for the paper, after reading the menu and telling me what she wants for breakfast. I stay and stand in the first of many long lines we’ll encounter during the week. I wait, and wait, and wait, and finally after 3 long minutes, I place our order. We both got a breakfast croissant, which had eggs, cheese and choice of ham, bacon or sausage. I got a sausage patty on mine while Lady H got bacon on hers.

Lady H came back from her quest to find the newspaper. We chow down on breakfast and no sooner did we finish than it was time for us to board. Once on board, Lady H and I picked out our seats. One of our first observations, the pilots took turns going in and out of the restroom. We hoped it’s from having too much coffee and not from the party the night before. Only time will tell. On the plane, Heather had the aisle seat, I had the window seat and the middle seat was empty, for now. Across from Lady H on the next aisle seat was a lady that was either: A, already suffering from air sickness or had some bad sushi and looked like she was ready to hurl; B, was already asleep; or C, both A & B (sleeping to fight the air sickeness). This lady had her head on her forearm, which was on the seat in front of her. I told Lady H, “For your sake, let’s hope she’s already sleeping.” Pilots are done in the restroom, take their seats and we push back from the hub. The pretty yellow stripe that is there for pilots to follow, well our pilots aren’t following it very good. As we taxi down the runway, I notice the plane is swerving from one side of the yellow strip to the other side of the yellow stripe. So much for my theories they had too much coffee or are suffering from the night before. I think they’re still drunk.

The flight attendants give their usual safety instructions and soon the pilots make that famous announcement, “we’ve been cleared for departure” and I start to pray.

“AND WE’RE OFF!”
2sgn106vacation-1.gif

Sorry, just had to say that one more time.

I’m guessing we had a famous music producer on board, because not too long after take off, we had a singing audition from one of the stewardess’. Oh wait, let me use the politically correct term, flight attendant. She gave us the Southwest rendition of “When You Wish Upon a Star.” I don’t remember exactly how she worded it, but I was wondering if she might be a long lost cousin since she re-wrote the words to the song. I would’ve recorded it, but the use of electronic devices is strictly prohibited until the captain gives the ok. Plus I left my camera in my bag, which is stowed neatly under the seat in front of me. How was I to know we would be serenaded? :confused3

Now that the audition is over (I never did see a producer approach her by the way) the captain has given the ok to NOW use our electronic devices. The “Flight Attendant,” makes her announcement that they will soon go through serving complimentary soft drinks, coffee or water. If you wish to purchase a Monster energy drink or cocktail, they only accept major credit/debit cards; or drink coupons if you have them. They no longer accept cash.

CASH!

We forgot to get cash out of the ATM. Looks like we’re now doomed to pay the ATM fees.

While filling up our jet back at the airport, they must’ve put some kind of super fuel. We actually arrived in Los Angeles ahead of schedule. Which is a good thing. We actually got a tour of LAX and we didn’t even have to get off the plane or pay any extra fee. How thoughtful of them to give us a complimentary tour. The terminal we had to dock at must have been the terminal at the end; because each time we drove up to one, the pilots kept driving past it. Sometimes I even had to wonder if we were driving in circles. I could’ve sworn we passed the same terminal at least twice. Finally make it to our terminal. Turns out the lady sitting next to Lady H must have been sleeping. Once we landed, she finally sat up and the good thing is she never got sick.

After we get off the plane we head down to baggage claim, because where else would we go. Ever since Lady H’s bag didn’t make it back from vacation once, we always get a little worried now. We split up our clothes between each other’s bag. I gave her some of my clothes to put in her bag and vice-versa, some of hers in mine. This way if one bag makes it and the other doesn’t, we will both have clothes. We also had a carryon with us in which we packed couple of day’s worth of clothes for each of us, in case neither one of our bags showed up. A couple of tips I learned here on the Disboards.

As we stepped off the moving staircase that lead down to baggage claim, Lightning McQueen was there to greet us.

Color me surprised when I wandered over to the DLR Boards and I see this TR. We aren't planning a trip to DLR for several years (gotta save) but can't wait to read you TR. It's never too early to plan right?

We hope you enjoy it. There are some hard acts we're trying to follow. And it's never to early to start planning. Soon as people tell me dates for DL next year, I'll have Lady H get right on it.

rats. I was going to send you our address, but I thought for sure nebo must have already. (sometmes we don't communicate)

Even better yet, yours will be personally hand delivered to you when we meet up in December. :thumbsup2 We are meeting up in December right?

We hope you enjoy it. There are some hard acts we're trying to follow. And it's never to early to start planning. Soon as people tell me dates for DL next year, I'll have Lady H get right on it.

shocked.gif

I don't think you know how this works hun, but that's OK, I'll remin you...You plan. I just show up, look fabulous, and have fun! ::yes:: OK OK...I show up and have fun...now stop laughing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter