Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the window from Stay#1 rolls, creates the ‘merge,’ and opens Stay#2. :)

As long as everyone has separately linked tickets and if one or all people are listed on both reservations, your FP booking window opens for your complete stay (4 days of FPs)...the window from Stay#1 merges with the booking window for Stay#2.

I want to make sure I understand this. If I book a reservation for nights 1-4 as a Throwaway at Fort Wilderness campground, and nights 5-7 at our DVC, I should be able to book FP+ for Day 6 at the 60 day mark from night 1?

We are only doing 1 park day, and really want to be able to book FP+ at DHS.

Sorry if i have missed this.

How does this concept work for annual passes?

Does this also work with the new Disney Springs resorts offering FP+ 60 days in advanced (Best western)?

We do not need magic bands or parking since we have AP. Right now I have a room booked for tuesdsy of thanksgiving week. We want the EMh for Tuesday and Wednesday. Will we be able to book the FP for Thursday and Friday at the rolling 60 day windows?

Here is a possible scenario for me:
For our next trip, some of my family may want to come along and have my immediate family stay with them in a condo off site. I want to take my immediate family a couple of days early and stay at one of the resorts.

If We stay 2 nights at a resort and then move off site, then I know I can’t book all of my fast passes at one time 60 days out from the first day, but would I be able to wake up every day at 7:00 ET and book them 60 days out? Or would I only get my resort days 60 days out and every other day 30 days out?

Has the new ticket system effected the throwaway room option?
No, because those booking now have regular MYW tickets that have the 14-day usage timeframe.

Separately purchased “new” tickets will have “validity timeframes” and if the timeframe covers all park days, there is no problem at all.

It’s the Resort stay that opens the window for any type of ticket media.

I will be doing something like this at AS on January 21. (I say "like" because I plan to actually use the room for a while to rest up, as I can't go 12-ish straight hours any more.) Can I avoid the resort parking fee by just taking a WDW bus to/from AK? I've been pondering the possible issues with the bus taking forever to show up, making multiple stops before reaching AS, etc. vs just driving over there and paying the $13.

Also, when I scan in for free parking at AK early that morning, will the resort ding me for the $13 anyway since now they 'know' I have a car, even if I never park it at AS?

How would this work: have a room booked at pop for 4 people (my family) for 2 days and have friends (family of 7) linked to my account staying offsite the same 2 days can I make their fastpass selections at the same time as I make mine or can she login to her account and make hers at 60 days? Or will they have to wait to 30days out?

Ok thanks . So what if my throwaway room is book for 1/22 and she doenst arrive until 2/1 the last day of our trip??
Then when your window opens, it doesn’t include 2/1 so even you won’t be able to book until the 60-day open window rolls for booking for 2/1.

Total newbie here, I've read thru most of the posts and I have a question.
Similar to the post above I have a reservation for pop on 1/21- 2/2 we have friends that arrive on 1/31 staying offsite & we would like to sync our fastpass for the days we will be together. How will this affect their other fastpass days if they are staying thru 2/7 (5 days after we leave). Can they make all their fastpass starting on the 60 day mark for our trip or from the 60 day mark of 2/3 for the rest of their trip?

Can they make all their fastpass starting on the 60 day mark for our trip
Yes they can if they include 1 onsite person in their FP group and then immediately Remove the onsite person when the Warning appears for the onsite person.

The window remains open for them to complete each FP for the days you’re not with them.

I just booked one night at the campgrounds for EMH at HS and AK for December 2 and 3. $103 total. My magic bands would of cost $71 and then parking for 2 days. We did better than break even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!