Throwaway Room - Offsite to Onsite Stays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an FYI: most of the days on our June trip last year, we were only asked to show our MB to get free parking. I think they actually scanned it twice...so if you have your MBs from your throwaway ressie to show, you may not be asked to pay for parking. No guarantees though.
Just wanted to piggyback off this to ask a parking question.

If, for example, I book a campsite with max occupancy (IIRC it's 12 people?) does that come with free parking privileges for up to 12 vehicles at the parks? Or is there some other limit to how many vehicles actually get free parking? Thanks.

We are staying offsite from 5/28-6/10. Have 8 day park tickets (planning to hit parks 29, 30, 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 or something similar giving days off in between). We have throwaway room booked for 29th. Am I understanding this correctly with fastpasses?

29th & 30th book fastpasses at 60 days out
31st (if went) books at 58 days out
1st books 57 days out
2nd books 56 days out
8th books 50 days out

If that is correct (which I'm not certain about), would we be better off to book the throwaway room more in the middle of trip (say 6/1)? I'm thinking that would throw the 29th at like 57 days out and the 8th at like 53 days out (as opposed to the 50 in above scenario).

If I even have this figured out correctly, is it just 6 one way and half a dozen the other?

If we leave the original plan, we are going to Epcot on 29th because it is the last day of the Flower & Garden Festival. So we wouldn't be taking advantage of EMH that day. Second day would be Animal Kingdom to take advantage of EMH. If we switched to middle of trip, possibly take advantage of EMH on a second day... This is all foreign to me since we always stay offsite and try to avoid parks with EMH when we plan assuming they will be busier parks.

Thanks for any help! My head is spinning!

We are staying offsite from 5/28-6/10. Have 8 day park tickets (planning to hit parks 29, 30, 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 or something similar giving days off in between). We have throwaway room booked for 29th. Am I understanding this correctly with fastpasses?

1st books 57 days out
2nd books 56 days out
8th books 50 days out

If that is correct (which I'm not certain about), would we be better off to book the throwaway room more in the middle of trip (say 6/1)? I'm thinking that would throw the 29th at like 57 days out and the 8th at like 53 days out (as opposed to the 50 in above scenario).

If I even have this figured out correctly, is it just 6 one way and half a dozen the other?

If we leave the original plan, we are going to Epcot on 29th because it is the last day of the Flower & Garden Festival. So we wouldn't be taking advantage of EMH that day. Second day would be Animal Kingdom to take advantage of EMH. If we switched to middle of trip, possibly take advantage of EMH on a second day... This is all foreign to me since we always stay offsite and try to avoid parks with EMH when we plan assuming they will be busier parks.

Even with a room booked at the beginning of your trip, you are booking FPs at 60 days before each park day. So in your above scenario, you would be booking FPs for June 8th 60 days before June 8th, not 50 days before June 8th. (It may be 50 days before the start of your vacation, but that's somewhat irrelevant in this situation.)
I still think it makes sense to book your room at the start of your vacation strictly from a FP point of view. Now, it might make a difference if you are wanting to take advantage of other perks like EMH or free parking, but just for FPs - I say get a room at the start of your trip.

1st books 57 days out
2nd books 56 days out
8th books 50 days out

Agree with my3princez. If you change the Throwaway reservation to 6/1, there are no changes to booking window (60 days) for June 1-8th (except June 2, which is one day earlier (61 days out). However, you will not be able to book May 28th-May 31st until 60 days from June 1st.

We booked a sort-of last minute trip with park days 4/28-5/1, and are using a throwaway room for the first time! (Woo hoo!)

I found a campsite at FW for $85.50 all-in, just paid for with WDW GC from Target, purchased at the 5% Red Card discount. Last night, I linked my UCT tickets on MDE, and we were able to immediately make FP+ for all four days. Thanks to all of the great information on Disboards that made this a very straightforward process!

The only issue I am having is I cannot find the place in MDE where I need to be in order to customize our MB's. I just received the email reminding me to customize, but when I click on MB's on MDE, all I can see is my MB from last year's trip. I have linked my family into the room reservation, so I am expecting to see an option to customize MB's for all.

We booked a sort-of last minute trip with park days 4/28-5/1, and are using a throwaway room for the first time! (Woo hoo!)

I found a campsite at FW for $85.50 all-in, just paid for with WDW GC from Target, purchased at the 5% Red Card discount. Last night, I linked my UCT tickets on MDE, and we were able to immediately make FP+ for all four days. Thanks to all of the great information on Disboards that made this a very straightforward process!

The only issue I am having is I cannot find the place in MDE where I need to be in order to customize our MB's. I just received the email reminding me to customize, but when I click on MB's on MDE, all I can see is my MB from last year's trip. I have linked my family into the room reservation, so I am expecting to see an option to customize MB's for all.
Might want to call. My parents have a trip booked 1st night is 4/28 and their MDE shows "Act Quickly - your order might ship at any moment" under customize magicbands. Today seems to be the last day - if it's not already too late.

I have a question. We are going to WDW July 9-13. If I book a throwaway campsite for July 9 and then another for July 11th, that should cover me for 4 days parking. My question is, since there are 4 consecutive days that we will be considered "onsite," will I be able to book fastpasses for all 4 days 60 days out from the 9th, or do you think I will have to wait until 60 days from the 11th to do the other two days?

If you click on "My Dinsey Experience" at the top right side of the page, it takes you to a screen that will allow you to customize your magic bands. I couldn't find it anywhere else, but when I clicked there, I was able to see it. Hope that helps. :)

I have a question. We are going to WDW July 9-13. If I book a throwaway campsite for July 9 and then another for July 11th, that should cover me for 4 days parking. My question is, since there are 4 consecutive days that we will be considered "onsite," will I be able to book fastpasses for all 4 days 60 days out from the 9th, or do you think I will have to wait until 60 days from the 11th to do the other two days?

From what I recall (and it could have changed), since there is a gap in the nights you have booked on site, they are not considered (or can be linked) as a single reservation for this purpose, so you will have to wait for the second set.

Might want to call. My parents have a trip booked 1st night is 4/28 and their MDE shows "Act Quickly - your order might ship at any moment" under customize magicbands. Today seems to be the last day - if it's not already too late.

I was so excited to post about my experience, I forgot to include the dates! I booked the throwaway room for check-in 4/30, and check-out 5/1, so hopefully I have a couple more days to get this taken care of. Those dates also explain why we were able to book FP+, as the days we are there are all within the 60 day window (so we could book), but still outside the 30 day window (so we could book good FP+ options).

If you click on "My Dinsey Experience" at the top right side of the page, it takes you to a screen that will allow you to customize your magic bands. I couldn't find it anywhere else, but when I clicked there, I was able to see it. Hope that helps. :)
When I clicked there, I was taken to a screen that only showed all of my plans (FP+, check-in, check-out, no dining reservations), but no MB options. I will call tonight for help.

When I clicked there, I was taken to a screen that only showed all of my plans (FP+, check-in, check-out, no dining reservations), but no MB options. I will call tonight for help.
On my laptop when I click on My Disney Experience in the upper right of the webpage, one of the options is "Magicbands and Cards." When I click on that, I can see the option to customize bands.

On my laptop when I click on My Disney Experience in the upper right of the webpage, one of the options is "Magicbands and Cards." When I click on that, I can see the option to customize bands.
Thanks. Just checked there again, (as I had originally, when I posted "...but when I click on MB's on MDE, all I can see is my MB from last year's trip..") but no change. Only my MB from last trip is there; not even MB's from my family from last year's trip are there.

OK...also just posted this in FPs thread:
OK so I am confused...on p. 1 it says that onsite guests can make reservations for the length of their tickets...
We have our 1st night booked (only 1 onsite); we have 7 day tickets & they are linked.
I was able to book our 1st 2 days (I didn't book FPs on arrival day, so was able to book checkout day AND the next day) but the next days on the calendar are greyed out.
So apparently I AM able to book the rest of the days 60 days out (since I was able to book the day after we checkout) BUT not until each of those days is exactly 60 days out?
So I just need to pop on each day & get FPs?

Also--we also have booked a throwaway tent site our first night.
If I have MBs sent & I check in online, do we even need to go to the campgrounds? (we will if we have to!)
One last question--I booked at more expensive site over the weekend, then our flight got changed so I booked it less expensive Thursday night. I thought it would refund the difference to the credit card but I just noticed it says we have that amount as a credit on the room. Really?
So can we "charge" on Friday after checkout time or do we have to make the charges before 11AM? Thanks

OK...also just posted this in FPs thread:
OK so I am confused...on p. 1 it says that onsite guests can make reservations for the length of their tickets...
We have our 1st night booked (only 1 onsite); we have 7 day tickets & they are linked.
I was able to book our 1st 2 days (I didn't book FPs on arrival day, so was able to book checkout day AND the next day) but the next days on the calendar are greyed out.
So apparently I AM able to book the rest of the days 60 days out (since I was able to book the day after we checkout) BUT not until each of those days is exactly 60 days out?
So I just need to pop on each day & get FPs?

Yes.

You can book a maximum number of days per the number of days on your ticket...but you can only book days that are within the current window. The window is 30 days without a reservation. With a reservation, the window opens to 60 days once you are 60 days from check in, but it only extends forward beyond 60 days for the length of the _reservation_. In you case, you can book any 7 days from now until the end of the reservation. Then, for days AFTER the reservation, they can be booked 60 days out as the window stays at 60 days until your check-in day.

Yes.

You can book a maximum number of days per the number of days on your ticket...but you can only book days that are within the current window. The window is 30 days without a reservation. With a reservation, the window opens to 60 days once you are 60 days from check in, but it only extends forward beyond 60 days for the length of the _reservation_. In you case, you can book any 7 days from now until the end of the reservation. Then, for days AFTER the reservation, they can be booked 60 days out as the window stays at 60 days until your check-in day.

OK, I misunderstood...no big deal, had no issues today (and just flipped to earlier throwaway room tonight) & it is a quick process. THANKS!!

Also--we also have booked a throwaway tent site our first night.
If I have MBs sent & I check in online, do we even need to go to the campgrounds? (we will if we have to!)
One last question--I booked at more expensive site over the weekend, then our flight got changed so I booked it less expensive Thursday night. I thought it would refund the difference to the credit card but I just noticed it says we have that amount as a credit on the room. Really?
So can we "charge" on Friday after checkout time or do we have to make the charges before 11AM? Thanks

No need to go to the campground.

I can't say for sure about the difference in price, but you may be able to call and ask. IIRC you can generally charge after the checkout time until midnight. Your credit card will be charged for charges overnight before checkout, and any additional charges made after that will be charged in a separate transaction.

Even with a room booked at the beginning of your trip, you are booking FPs at 60 days before each park day. So in your above scenario, you would be booking FPs for June 8th 60 days before June 8th, not 50 days before June 8th. (It may be 50 days before the start of your vacation, but that's somewhat irrelevant in this situation.)
I still think it makes sense to book your room at the start of your vacation strictly from a FP point of view. Now, it might make a difference if you are wanting to take advantage of other perks like EMH or free parking, but just for FPs - I say get a room at the start of your trip.

Thanks! I knew I had to be figuring something wrong.

Agree with my3princez. If you change the Throwaway reservation to 6/1, there are no changes to booking window (60 days) for June 1-8th (except June 2, which is one day earlier (61 days out). However, you will not be able to book May 28th-May 31st until 60 days from June 1st.

Thanks! I knew I had to be making that more complicated than it should be. I clearly need more sleep :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter