Three Things...Gratitude Thread

SING OUT DAY... 🎶🎵 🎶🎵

Am I allowed to say John Williams' movie music again?! 🤣 I always appreciate it. Movie music, in general, actually.

Disney Parks music. I nearly started a thread on this last week. I especially love SpectroMagic, Main St Electrical Parade, the old Splash Mountain, the Canada Pavilion and Frontierland/Fort Wilderness ambient music. 😍

42nd Street, Les Mis, Grease, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Guys & Dolls...

Keane, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Jack Savoretti...

IMG_1757.jpeg

This weekend is the unofficial start of summer here in New England, so let's do...

Today's Topic (Sun, 5/26) - 3 classic summertime things you're grateful for

Classic summertime things:

A good, old-fashioned family pot-luck cookout. Be it burgers and dogs, chicken, or steak, let's throw some meat on the grill and do it up! Bring on the potato salad, corn, pasta salad, baked beans, green salad, blueberry pie, and marshmallows to toast. WAY too much food, but so many good memories and fun. BRING IT ON!!

Sitting out on the deck, under the soft glow of the christmas lights (yes, I leave them up all year just so I can do this), listening to the night sounds, enjoying an adult beverage (possibly around the fire pit) on a warm summer night.

Sitting/walking at the beach for sunrise/sunset. So peaceful, so beautiful.

Day-tripping, sometimes with a destination, sometimes not. For about 6 weeks in the summer, although still working full-time, responsibilities are few and as long as I keep up with what needs to be dealt with, my time is my own. Depending on their schedules, DH or DD will day trip with me: Off to the beach, out to Bar Harbor, or a car drive thru the wilds of Maine to see where we end up. I love poking thru shops in small towns, finding local breweries or cafes, seeing waterfalls and lakes and just exploring. Summer is the time to do it: Weather's good so roads are usually clear, no unexpected snow to run into, and it stays light later in the day so I don't have to drive as much/as far after dark. Love a good day trip!

Last edited:
Good Sunday Morning! :wave:

#1 - Floating in our pool - one of my most favorite things to do.

#2 - Farmer’s Markets - we enjoy going to local farmer’s markets.

#3 - Hanging out with our neighbors - we love to cook out and hang out together, lots of laughs throughout the years.

Classic Summer Things :

Drive-in movies - we used to do these all the time as a teen and young adult so much fun !! It was like a big block party

Camping - 🏕️ cooking by fire / float trips / playing horseshoes and the games all night

Going to the Pool or Sun Bathing with your friends - we had several public pools or some river beaches or your backyard with the hose !! No one I knew had a pool well nothing bigger than a kiddie pool but we still enjoyed it !! As hot and humid as it is we were grateful for it !!

Bonus - Shopping - Garage Sales / Flea Markets / Estate Sales - always more sales in the Summer

3 things I have because of luck/fortune.

1. I was born into privilege and I do acknowledge that. My family has enough to live comfortably, send me to college, etc....I didn't do anything to earn that.

2. I was adopted at birth into a family that afforded me a very unique opportunity, I was adopted by parents who took me overseas at age 9 months and I was raised overseas and did extensive traveling throughout my childhood.

3. I was given the opportunity to have a parent who pushed me academically into finishing college and grad school. I am not sure I would have had that drive without my father's drive pushing me.

And, something I have said on this forum a few times. My dad paid for my college education. After I graduated, I asked him if I could pay him back. He said, "YES! You can pay me back by paying for your own children's education/college someday."

I am doing exactly that. Right now I have two in college and my check pretty much goes to fund their college and some additional funds I am putting into retirement. We live on DH's salary.

3 summer things:

1. I love the fresh fruit that is in season, especially watermelon!

2. I like that it stays light outside later, especially when we have our DGD visiting.

3. Now that I’m retired this is true most days, but when I was teaching I was always so grateful to not have to set my alarm!

Just a quick note since we have been focusing on music a lot lately, I am feeling sad about the passing of Richard Sherman. I am so grateful for all the wonderful songs the brothers wrote over the years. Songs of optimism that are so appreciated by me now. There’s A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!

IMG_1778.jpeg

It's Memorial Day

Today's Topics (Mon, 5/27) ~

If you have specific service members in your family or that you want to write about, please do!

If you don't, just pick 3 things - one red, one white, and one blue, that you're grateful for.

Good Morning to all:grouphug:

My absolute gratitude to all who have served and anyone currently serving. God Bless You all. As I get older, Patriotism, has come to mean more to me. Grandma Dolores and my late friend Shirley were both very Patriotic and helped instill in me for me what that means.

Dad's car is red and my own is white. How blessed we are to have safe vehicles.

Blue boxes of cocoa I so enjoy and the blue label on Aquafina water that helps keep dad and I hydrated.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter