Three Things...Gratitude Thread

My unusual combinations:

sweet potato fries dipped in blue cheese dressing,

salt on watermelon (a trick I learned from my dad)

and I actually did make a pizza cake years ago:
View attachment 852880

The "sauce" and "cheese" were frosting, the "pepperoni" was cut from fruit roll-ups, the "green peppers" were sour jelly candies, and I can't remember what the "olives" were - maybe some sort of licorice??

Cute!!!! Now you’re speaking my language 😂 Sliced licorice is definitely a popular olive imposter if you're not forming fondant or modeling chocolate. The fruit rollups as pepperoni is genius!

I haven’t done much in the way of food imposter cakes, but I’ve done some. I still don't love that steak and the scale and color still bugs me on the sushi. I’m including the fish because that thing is ready to be filleted and broiled! 😁

IMG_2095.jpeg
IMG_2096.jpeg
IMG_2098.jpeg

I also made some mini food (popcorn and pizza) for a slumber party cake.

IMG_2099.jpeg

French fries on sandwiches and on salads is a very Pittsburgh thing. We have a whole chain of restaurants that are known for it—Primanti’s. They put coleslaw on them too.
1. French fries on salad
2. Anchovies on pizza
3. Apricot jelly to glaze a ham loaf.

I was up in Pittsburgh in early December to take DD15 to a camp at Pitt. I tried Primanti's for the first time! It was interesting. I didn't hate it, but I'm still conflicted 🤣

Love potato chips on sandwiches still do that
Salt in watermelon and cantaloupe❤️

You just reminded me that Tajin and Chamoy on fruit is REALLY big here. There's a place we sometimes play in College Station, TX that has these amazing quart sized container fruit cups (pineapple, honeydew, cantaloupe, fresh berry mix). The Chamoy and Tajin were so popular that they just added them to the condiments area so that people could apply it generously to their fruit.

>Cantaloupe and vanilla ice cream
>Wearing crocs with dresses. People have enough opinions about crocs, in general; wait until you wear them with dresses! (only shoes that don't kill my misaligned knees/ankles)
>One of my favorite sandwiches: Rare roast beef with cream cheese, ketchup, and onion. How do any of those really go together?

I was up in Pittsburgh in early December to take DD15 to a camp at Pitt. I tried Primanti's for the first time! It was interesting. I didn't hate it, but I'm still conflicted 🤣
I might have to go into hiding, but I am not a big fan. I like fries on salads, but lots of places here now do that. Their sandwiches though are just too much. Too much meat, too many toppings making the sandwich so big I can’t get my mouth around it. I end up deconstructing it just to eat it and then what was the point of putting it all together? I am fine if other people want to go there when deciding on a place, but wouldn’t pick it myself.

(Thu, 4/18) - 3 strange combinations you're grateful for

When DH is gone for the evening, the kids and I used to eat Spam sandwiches - spam on toasted bread, then topped with a slice of velveeta, pineapple and brown sugar - so weird, but so good!

Pickle, cheese and mayo sandwich

Potato chips and ketchup (I don't think it's weird, but DH sure does)

I might have to go into hiding, but I am not a big fan. I like fries on salads, but lots of places here now do that. Their sandwiches though are just too much. Too much meat, too many toppings making the sandwich so big I can’t get my mouth around it. I end up deconstructing it just to eat it and then what was the point of putting it all together? I am fine if other people want to go there when deciding on a place, but wouldn’t pick it myself.

Now I don't feel so bad! I tried taking a bite as is but preferred it deconstructed. It felt like a good environment for watching football.

Unusual Combinations: -

Pineapple on pizza, definitely!! 🍍 🍕

Tuna pasta with toasted flaked almonds.

A croissant, filled with scrambled eggs and topped with some bbq sauce. 🥐

Peanut butter with Marmite. ........Well, Marmite would probably be weird to y'all anyway. (Even over here, it's known as something you either love or hate). It's salty and savory and sooo good with peanut butter. WARNING: If you ever come across it, proceed with caution and use very sparingly!! :D

I've been trying to come up with a combination not related to food but, haven't yet. 🙃

Lot's of great responses. Let's us show our weirdness in a fun way, along with a little good natured ribbing along the way.

Pizza with pineapple - always seems to get a bad rap
Fries dipped in a vanilla shake - the sweet and salty combo can't be beat
Pretzels dipped in yogurt - another tasty combo

Honorable mention from the college days - bottom shelf tequila, salt and lime. No one can take that shot without wincing. Am I right?!?!

We used to eat lemons as kids !! I still remember how sour they were !!! 🤣❤️

I must say I’ve really enjoyed today’s topic with the exception of cottage cheese we all have a lot in common !!

Yes pineapple on pizza gets a bad rap it’s very tasty !!! I do love a shrimp pizza every now and then !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter