Three Things...Gratitude Thread

(Today's topic was inspired by slo's hoodie poll the other day, and by my new garden clogs.)

Articles of clothing I'm grateful for -

1) Garden clogs - waterproof shoes that aren't boots. I got a pair (called Sloggers) a couple of weeks ago, and I no longer come in from taking my pets out with soaking wet feet/socks. I love them!

2) Cuddly, comfy hooded sweatshirts - one of the things I look forward to about fall!

3) A fleece poncho my MIL made me because I once said ponchos were something I missed from the 70s. It makes me feel cozy and just super loved. :goodvibes

Good Morning Pollyanna Mom! :grouphug:

Since we received our first 7" snowfall of the season yesterday, one's thoughts turn immediately to winter-wear:

1. Socks. We've been in that awkward "do I wear socks and shoes today or can I squeak out another day in sandals" stage here for a couple of weeks. I love the freedom of summer shoes but honestly, having had cold feet many times lately, I've been rushing home to put on cozy socks at the end of the day.
2. Black tights. I'm old-school and have never quite gotten comfortable with bare legs under skirts, although I rarely every wear pantyhose anymore. I'm thrilled to be able to roll out in tights again!
3. Christmas party dresses! I love a festive occasion and have tons of them, including a whole section of my closet that has recently "re-opened" due to a fairly impressive weight-loss. There hasn't been any holiday events here for two years so I'm past-due to dress to the nines this season! :banana:

Sweaters ❤️❤️❤️ I may have an addiction in this area
Leggings
Sweatshirts
A nice bra - if your wearing one you want to be comfortable - not judging one way or other it’s your personal choice how you handle this !
Anything really that I can find that fits and doesn’t look like something someone in an old folks home would wear ! I’m petite - the selection is horrible !! There is a huge difference between short and petite !! On that note I have a very tall friend her struggle is the same !!!
I don’t do button shirts as I can’t hardly find any that fit so I have very few maybe 3 - hence why I like sweaters - it’s all about what I can find that fits - thank God my job is super casual - I can wear anything I want !! So nice 🙏

Sweaters ❤️❤️❤️ I may have an addiction in this area
Leggings
Sweatshirts
A nice bra - if your wearing one you want to be comfortable - not judging one way or other it’s your personal choice how you handle this !
Anything really that I can find that fits and doesn’t look like something someone in an old folks home would wear ! I’m petite - the selection is horrible !! There is a huge difference between short and petite !! On that note I have a very tall friend her struggle is the same !!!
I don’t do button shirts as I can’t hardly find any that fit so I have very few maybe 3 - hence why I like sweaters - it’s all about what I can find that fits - thank God my job is super casual - I can wear anything I want !! So nice 🙏
:worship:Yes!! If I find something that's perfect I buy multiples, then wear it/them every day for years.

SNOW ??😱😱😱 7 inches ???😱😱😱😱😲😲😲😲 Where do you live ??? I’m so sorry - we are in the upper 80s - I’m in the Midwest - snow in Oct oh heck no !!
Calgary (Alberta, Canada), in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, which is about 1,000 miles due north of Salt Lake City. This can happen practically anytime here, so there's no hard feelings on our part. :laughing: We've had a hot summer and a lovely autumn but as we here all know too well...Winter is Coming! (This picture was posted on our community board yesterday.)
1666534388775.png

My winter❄️faux fur coats, one winter white and one black, which I only wear for special occasions. They are warm, cozy, and the satin lining is so soft.

My soft nightgowns and robes from Land's End.

My bathing suits with built-in underwire bras that are colorful and fit comfortably.

Articles of clothing I am grateful for:

1. My favorite pair of black pants. I have a few pairs, but one pair I just love. They fit so well and elongate my legs (which is nearly impossible since I am so short, lol).

2. My capri joggers. Good gravy these things are not attractive at all, but they are so comfortable and I wear them around the house year round. (Pants make me too hot, and shorts too cold -- these capris are perfection!)

3. My bridal shower dress. I don't wear it out anymore, but it is my guideline garment to check to see how my body is doing. It is my go-to to see if I need to focus more attention on a certain area during exercise. (Needless to say, this garment has had its moments of the side eye 😒when it didn't fit well. :laughing:)

My jeans...they fit just right
All my summer attire
My two button down sweaters and hoodies

BUT......I would love to be grateful for a package of normal thin anklet socks, I have been searching for several years to find some to replace my holey pairs. Just can't find them. There are many to choose from but they are either too thick or so tight around the top that my ankles look like water balloons when I take them off. (I have skinny little ankles)
Okay I feel better now. I am very grateful I could get that out of my system. :love:

Grateful to God to have clothes in general!

Articles of clothing I especially give thanks for are:

Pajama pants and a nightshirt that I wear around the house in cooler months to keep warmer during the day

Cozy bootie slippers (I also am a sock fan like others of you on here)

Full Zip hoodie

So many things that I can list, but to name my favorite three…..Hhmmmm:scratchin

Most definitely my pajamas - I love love my pajamas ❤️

Next - my sweaters - nothing like a nice cozy sweater on a cold day :goodvibes

Last - my swimsuit, because when I’m wearing that, it means I’m going to be relaxing in my pool all day :beach:

Runner up items….
My softball t-shirts - so many good memories with them
My yoga pants - so compfy

Articles of clothing I am grateful for:

3. My bridal shower dress. I don't wear it out anymore, but it is my guideline garment to check to see how my body is doing. It is my go-to to see if I need to focus more attention on a certain area during exercise. (Needless to say, this garment has had its moments of the side eye 😒when it didn't fit well. :laughing:)
Ain't nobody ever goin' back to their pre-marital sizes around here but for some reason, this just tickles me! :teeth:

Ain't nobody ever goin' back to their pre-marital sizes around here but for some reason, this just tickles me! :teeth:
I was attending a neighbor’s 25th Wedding Anniversary party when she announced to several ladies in attendance that she was hoping to get back into her wedding night negligee that night for the post party festivities. Negligees can be somewhat forgiving, but I was both impressed and a bit embarrassed. Probably didn’t help that I was just days past my 10th Anniversary and was 8 1/2 months pregnant with #3 and absolutely nothing fit me.

Clothing items:

1. Lands End down vests. I wear them October-April in all but the coldest of cold weather and usually even then unless I have to be outside for extended periods. I have several colors but usually wear the black one.

2. PJ pants and tank tops. In really hot weather I may wear a nightgown, but most of the year PJ pants and a tank top are perfect for me. In the winter when it gets dark early I may change as soon as I’m home for the day.

3. Scoop neck t-shirts. I wear long sleeve in the winter and short sleeve when it’s warm. Comfortable—I don’t like anything right around my neck.

shoot, I missed yesterday's again.
So...
RAOK:
1. The people who have paid for DSonIL's lunch over the years. (He's a Marine, and at least 10 times has been told his bill was covered by others; he left tips about what he would have paid in those cases.)

2. The guy who held the door open for us at breakfast this morning, even though I was being a derp and not paying attention.

3. The lady who held my son's hand on his flight to Illinois, telling him it was going to be ok, when he started crying a little. (Moved away from home for real, for the first time)

today clothing:
1. My cardigan sweaters. I love being able to throw one on if I'm a bit chilly, and they are all so soft.

2. DH's tshirts. Ladies, you know what i'm talking about.

3. Sketchers shoes. I do have to buy them in a bigger size because I have a wide foot, but they are so comfy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter