Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Coworkers and schoolmates

1&2 - coworkers from my previous career. To this day, I can call on them for anything. They know my deepest, darkest secrets and kept loving me when others did not.

3 - funny, one of my best friends from 8th grade on ended up living in the same small town as me in another state.

Co-workers/ Schoolmates

This one needs a bit more thought for me.

A long time ago I worked on a management team and the main manager N was the best I have worked with/for. He was one of those managers who could see past individual personalities and quirks - and especially, beyond his own ego and convenience - and value their actual efforts. He was patient, considerate, assertive, organised, approachable... I learnt such a lot from him.

SC was a schoolfriend and I think I didn't appreciate how good a friend at the time. Now I can see past the other challenges at the time, I can see and be grateful for that.

Coworkers and Schoolmates ~

G~~~, the only high school friend I still keep in touch with. Her family lived way out of town (like had their own pond and lots of animals far) and I was always grateful to spend time there.

P~~~, the college friend who DH and I credit with getting us together. We technically "met" as fellow volunteers in a school program, but it was when my friend invited now DH to have lunch with us one day that we really started talking.

N~~~, a lovely older lady who kind of adopted me at one of my first temp jobs after college. After I moved away, we still sent each other Christmas cards until the year she passed.

coworkers or schoolmates you're grateful for
1. My two supervisors. They are both awesome, flexible, and understanding, and people I can talk to about non-work stuff as well.
2. My co-workers are ALL pretty much amazing, and I'm grateful for all of them.
3. I don't keep up with may classmates, but it has been fun watching my classmates kids grow up through their FB posts. Does that count? lol

Happy Sunday Friends!

I missed yesterday’s topic about coworker or schoolmates…

#1 - I’m grateful for my best guy friend of 35 years (coworker at our first job). He’s stood up in my wedding, been my sponsor when I converted to Catholic, is my DD24’s Godfather and has always been there for me - I love him very much ❤️.

#2 - I’m grateful for my current only coworker/boss who is also a friend. He has given me a great job and gives my family free Chiropractic care (mostly DD19 who he has put back together throughout her many injuries several times).

#3 - I’m grateful for my schoolmate who is also my DH. We started dating at 16 and 35 years later (27 1/2 year of marriage) we are still growing up (or now old - LOL) together. ❤️

All my laundry is done !! 🤣🤣🤣
It’s a nice quiet day - cleaning is done - all chores are done - I’m relaxing / reflecting / bracing for next week - very lazy start to the day
Used to be night for Wonderful World if Disney - then other shows I loved - once Upon A Time ❤️ Sunday night seems to have good tv shows / Game of Thrones anyone ??
I enjoy Sundays even thou they are the end of the weekend - they are usually a nice relaxing day - run some errands grab lunch with a friend - reject on the previous week and plan out the week ahead
Count your blessing !!! 🙏🙏
Happy Sunday !!
Edit - do this while enjoying ice cream sundae !!!

I also love your share, Eksmama01, thank you for posting that.

3 thing's you're grateful for about Sundays

1 Online Worship
2 Quieter day all-around to be stiller and these days a bit cozier, too.

3 Grateful to have been able to bake cookies this Sunday morning that dad will bring tomorrow to our closest fire station along with a toy drive donation.

Today's Topic (Sun 12/11) - 3 thing's you're grateful for about Sundays (sundaes count too! 😆 )

1. That hubby watches football all day, and I get to do or watch whatever I want in another room
2. I make a good dinner, and make enough for a couple of nights of leftovers
3. sundaes--since we are allowed to count them--make mine chocolate marshmallow ice cream hot fudge, pineapple topping and whipped cream and I am a happy girl

@WDWEPCOT -- I miss Once Upon a Time!!

Last edited:
Very grateful for the Sunday family dinners we had at MIL's when DS was little.

Grateful for my favorite sundaes and the places I got them - warm brownie, peppermint snowball, and jubilee roll

And always grateful for "sun-days" - when the sun is shining and my mood is bright!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter