Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Today's Topic (Wed, 2/7) - 3 elements you're grateful for
Oh my, this one is above my pay scale! Still I will try. First I am listing what I easily found

• Earth elements: oxygen, silicon, aluminum, iron, calcium, sodium, potassium, magnesium
  • Water elements: hydrogen, oxygen
  • Air elements: nitrogen, oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide
  • Elements of life: carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus, sulfur
  • Elements in space: hydrogen, helium, oxygen, carbon, neon, iron
  • Metals: gold, silver, copper, iron, zinc, tin, lead, nickel
Now to pick!
Calcium is one I take every day for my bones. I am 5’10” and at 77, I still am about as tall as I was in 6th grade when I stopped growing.

Aluminum is one element that is used then recycled into more things, I think that’s good.

Next I will pick two, oxygen and carbon dioxide, because I am a gardener and appreciate the relationship between humans and plants.

:wave:Good afternoon to all with a Wednesday hug,

I am not a science lady though when I was younger especially always wished I was naturally talented in it. I absolutely enjoyed as always all of your kind and thoughtful shares.

I also drink water like a 🐳so definitely H2O

Bobbi, I am blessed with height at over 5'8"Strong bones are indeed important as I sure have learned extra with my feet issues! Calcium, too, is indeed a grace especially as found in warm cocoa :D

Great answer to all who said aluminum! Dad and I sure use a lot of foil. I also use plastic wrap.

Definitely the blessing of oxygen and clean air!

PollyannaMom, big hug and you know I am a Ribsy fan, Henry, too! Thank you again for reading some of their adventures with me last year, that was such fun. Rigsby the dog is the pet of Lauren in a children's series called Friends 4-Ever. I had never heard of this series until about 10 years ago. I no longer have the series but I did enjoy reading it a couple times. There was also a smaller known series called Pen Pals. I liked some of those but nowhere near as much as the Friends 4-Ever. Should any of you be up for rereading any favorite kid's books please PM me. PollyannaMom and I did enjoy doing that together last year. I would enjoy doing so again this year. I have some Boxcar Children and some Baby-sitters Club books also the My Secret Unicorn Series.

I asked this in the kindness thread and will here, too. should any of you go to IHOP or Wendy's please PM me. I have an IHOP favor to ask and a Wendy's treat to offer :) Thank you:grouphug:

Good Morning! :wave:

#1 - Dogs - I loved my dogs (RIP), but I’m not ready to love another one yet.

#2 - Dentist - I’m a big fan of my dentist. I don’t like going, but I’m grateful to him for his thoroughness and attention to detail.

#3 - Dinner - I’m always grateful that we are blessed with being able to put food on the table.

My faith belief that I have been delivered.

Devotionals

Amen Slo to the blessing of dinner and all

meals.

Dad

Dogs, memories of Champ

Dentist. Also gratwful to my current dentist. I really loved my dentist before this one who retired. I wish him and his wife the best.

Disneyland!
Dodgers

Last edited:
D Things:
1. Our dog—Nala. She had her birthday this week and is 12 now. She really is a huge part of our family.
2. My dad’s dog. He’s only had her a year. She’s a rescue, but she has given him a new lease on life. He takes her everywhere.
3. Daughters—I have 3.

Daniel, my middle ds, who used to complain about being a "D" name when his 2 brothers are "M" names, lol. Now, he is appreciative of being his own letter.

Dogs. I love my crazy beagle but there are lots of other dogs I am so glad to have in my life. They bring such joy to me.

Doctors. As I am currently searching for a new primary doc because we moved, I'm grateful that there are so many wonderful doctors in my insurance plan and hopefully, one will have an opening soon!

DDDDD

Disney parks. Of course!! So many good memories. And more to be made.

Daffodils. A little bit of sunshine in February. Last year I planted 40 or 50 bulbs into a small area of lawn, they are just shoots at the moment, but I'm really looking forward to seeing them flower. (If I remember, I might take a photo.)

Duran Duran

Daftness. I appreciate a lighthearted side.

I guess Daughter and Disney are too obvious, right?

Doughnuts- they are my ultimate junk food and something I try to avoid, because if I have one, I'm gonna want six!

Dishwasher- We rarely used it when we were a family of three, and when it was just DH and me we never used it at all. Now that we are a family of 5? I LOVE having a dishwasher!

Daffodils- While they aren't my favorite flower, they pop up in my gardens early enough in the spring to make me really believe that winter HAS ended!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter