• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Things...Gratitude Thread

I love listening to music in my car. I like a lot of variety so I switch stations a lot. I like 70s and 80s music mostly. Anything from rock to country to early hip hop/rap music.

Sharing the music I love with my kids. My kids know as many 70s/80s songs as I do. Their taste is music is wide-ranging.

Memories associated with music. Hearing anything by Jim Croce, Linda Rondstadt or Bruce Springsteen (their 70s music) reminds me of listening to 8 tracks when my Dad was driving. Hearing anything by The Carpenters, Tammy Wynette, George Jones or Tanya Tucker reminds me of my late Mother singing along with their songs.

She used to sing Let it Go like she was straight out of the movie. About 8-9 years ago there was a karaoke guy outside of the Disney Store on Michigan Ave, Downtown Chicago and she sang Let it Go and you should have seen the crowd - it was amazing! The crowd cheered and asked for more - all these little girls were in the front looking at her like she was Elsa. So she sang - Do You Want To Build A Snowman - people were videoing her on their phones - it was unreal.
Wow. Tears in my eyes picturing this. ❤❤❤

 Music

Like @Tink-osophy, I love good harmonies. Since I love A LOT of things related to music, I'm placing a group harmony specific focus on my answers so I can keep it to 3 (ish?)

Dapper Dans, Cadaver Dans, Reindeer Wranglers, Voices of Liberty (+ all the other live entertainment at Disney)

Crosby, Stills, Nash (and Young), Beach Boys, The Beatles, Bare Naked Ladies, Mamas and the Papas, Queen, The Eagles, Alice in Chains, Fleetwood Mac, America, ABBA, Blue Rodeo, Bee Gees

Choirs and Gregorian chants

I'm grateful for learning how to play the piano. I don't play it too often, but I have my grandma's piano and just enjoy that I know how to do it (and am decent at it).

I'm grateful for 5th grade (when they start band in our school district) band - It's amazing to me how the teacher can take a room full of students, most of whom have never played an instrument or read any music and have them play a few songs by the winter band concert. Just amazing!

I'm grateful for Joy FM (our local contemporary Christian music station). I listen to it every morning on my way to work and afternoon on my way home. I think it just sets the tone for my work day and then my evening at home. The DJs are all cheerful and positive and I just love the music too.

Music can help me put myself into a calming trance, which helps a ton with achy days

Pretty sure I relate to my world largely through music, so it's my language to understand the world

Music is joy, nothing like a Christmas song to put my heart right where it is supposed to be

Music related . . .

Surround sound. I love to just stand in the middle of the family room and let the music swirl around me.

CDs. Yes, I know it’s easier to just stream or download digital music, but I still think CDs have a richer sound, especially if you have quality equipment to listen to them.

Harmony. I have been a harmony fan for as long as I can remember. I think some of it comes from the type of music my mom listened to when I was a child, which was a lot of Broadway and classical music. I was in choir at church and all through school and to this day, if I am not careful, I will be harmonizing with whatever I sing along to. A good harmony will make the hairs on the back of my neck stand straight up and send a chill down my spine.

Music related(since I missed yesterday)

Music is my therapy…happy, sad, doesn’t matter-it makes me FEEL and I love that-I’m super thankful it exists

My parents constantly had it playing so I’ve been lucky to be exposed to all sorts of genres and I’m thankful for that

I’m thankful I had the opportunity to learn how to play so many instruments in school(5 total)…as I first mentioned, it’s very therapeutic for me so being able to go into the band room, grab random sheet music, and play something for a bit really helped during some tough times 💜💜💜

May things!

It’s been POURING here for days, but thankful that means flowers are on their way!

We leave in a few days for my first trip since 2017…I’ve had vacation time, but haven’t really done much since then-and certainly not anywhere more than an hour away from home-I can’t tell you guys how excited I am!

May is much quieter at work and that will be a nice change of pace to be able to get caught up on some non high priority projects

Happy May 1st Everyone :flower1:

#1 - I’m grateful for DD19 finally coming home this month - I’m so excited to have her home.

#2 - I’m grateful it’s the month to plant flowers - I love having some color outside. I don’t think I’m planting as many flowers as normal - they are getting more and more expensive and since we have no parties this year, there’s no need to be excessive (last year I planted a lot since we had DD’s grad party)

#3 - I’m grateful for everything getting green again - I’m so tired of everything looking so blah.

May things!

It’s been POURING here for days, but thankful that means flowers are on their way!

We leave in a few days for my first trip since 2017…I’ve had vacation time, but haven’t really done much since then-and certainly not anywhere more than an hour away from home-I can’t tell you guys how excited I am!

May is much quieter at work and that will be a nice change of pace to be able to get caught up on some non high priority projects
Have a wonderful and safe trip! :cool1:
Tell Mickey we’ll see him on June 6th :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter