• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thoughts on Weekend Trip

Wish Upon A Star

DIS Veteran
Anyone ever do just a 2 day WDW fix? Thinking of Jan 31 - Feb 2
Just me and DH.

DH 37th b-day is Feb 1 . . .I think it would be pretty cool to spend two days there . . .but can it be done? Anyone ever try this? Do you feel you spent your whole weekend flying?

Any advice is appreciated.

We flew in on the Friday of Columbus Day weekend in October. We left the resort the following Monday at noon. (Basically not doing anything Monday morning but packing, eating and going to the three AS resorts gift shops.)
Friday was a busy day for us though. We had to get up EARLY and we were up late, as we were at the first night of MNSSHP.
Nice weekend getaway. :)
You just have to set your priorities on what you want to do.

I just went on a three day trip to DISCON. I arrived early Friday Morning and was at MK by 11:30am. I left Epcot at 6:30pm on Sunday to head to the airport. It was a great three days, exhausting, but lots of fun. I don't know if I would do two days, but I would probably try it if I had the chance.

We've never done just a two day trip, but often do 3 day weekends. What we factor in the most is the cost of the airfare - needs to be a good deal - same for the resort and then we plot what we want to do the most - not trying to do it all and often skipping a park.

Our weekend trips tend to be more about enjoying where we stay and getting some great food. More resort focused than theme park if that makes sense. But yes - a weekend trip can definitely be just what you need!

Melissa

I'm considering a short trip in early June. Just me and my sis. We're meeting for lunch today to go over the particulars. It would be a Sat-Tues or a Sun-Wed trip - 4 days. I think that is way too short a trip but I'm figuring any Disney is better than no Disney! I hope we can make our plans "gel" and if so, we'll be at OKW in June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter