Thoughts on food bank donations

I donate to our local food bank, and other organizations. I also follow a neighborhood site where we try to help locals in need with food/cleaning supplies/paper products/clothing/diapers, etc. Some of these families are really in dire circumstances. I never thought much about people taking advantage of others kindness until I noticed one woman who consistently asked for money/gift cards because her kids "really missed having steak." Good grief!

i learned when i went to donate some items to a local vet's charity that the shops they operate local to us have informal food pantries that serve the vets that frequent the shops. if there's a specific charity or group you are interested in helping you might reach out to an organization that serves them in your new community to see what's out there.

In certain areas, you can make and donate sandwiches directly to emergency homeless shelters.

We do that monthly (very specific rules on how to make and pack them and what can be made, but it's nice knowing it's directly feeding people who need it)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter