Those back from Med cruise help, question!

crafty91

DIS Veteran
Ok so we are considering doing a Med cruise, well actually we will definitely do one at some point but my question is to those that took children. At the time we are considering cruising our kids will be 12 and 10. What age were your kids when you cruised and do you think "understood" or got something out of being overseas in a different country? Right now our DD and DS enjoy going to places that are "fun" (read slides and rides) so would they enjoy the tours that are offered? Ok ready to be schooled! :teacher:

TIA!:thumbsup2

My kids were 12 and 9, and did they "get" what they were seeing or appreciate it, most likely not. Were they bored, sometimes and asked to go back to the boat when they got tired. Did they enjoy the trip, I think so. They're still talking about it 2 months later.

My DS were 12, 13, and 15. They did get it. It has actually helped in school this year (one is studying ancient Rome).
I think some is what we did....mostly on our own.
Malta - Turkish schooner (DCL)
Tunis - Cab to market (they love their African souveniors)
Naples - private driver to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii
Rome - Train to Rome, HOHO bus (toured Colessium)
Florence - hiked Cinque Terre, had about 2 hours at the beach (take water shoes...lots of rocks)
Corsica - HOHO Train and then beach for about 2 hours
Monte Carlo - Walked around and went to beach
Hope this helps!!!!
We are going again this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter