This is Us- Season four

Kate and Toby's new neighbor was the highlight of the episode for me! I was cracking up when he told her "this is me storming away, don't blink or you'll miss it" - hope he'll be in more episodes!
Yes! And I love that he called her out on her pity party with his own story. It's time for Kate to face her demons for the sake of her child, her husband and Kate herself.

Another too-short episode. - I'm always sorry when it ends!

It was good to see Kevin being nice to Randall as a kid, especially when they were so often at odds. He does seem to step up when he really believes he can make a difference, so I'm looking forward to the storyline with Nicky. And I'm glad Cassidy's son is OK and able to be with her again.

I loved seeing Deja and Tess being all "sister-y" as well, and I do hope things work out in the new school for Tess. (I'm envisioning her in the next episode in front of a poster for an LQBTQ or inclusive school club, about to walk in.) I feel like the writers aren't developing Annie as much as the others, but maybe it's just because she's younger. (Please tell me it's not so we don't get attached because there's a tragedy in the future!)

I'm glad Randall stood up to the know-it-all lady! His campaign guy is right - they're not in this as a stepping stone; they're in this to make a difference. I love that he's giving time to his constituents.

I felt so bad for Kate in the restaurant scene! And you could see how much Toby loves and tries to protect her. I was surprised by his explanation of why he was exercising. - I thought he was just doing it as way to blow off steam/stress. And I loved the end with Kate and the neighbor!

I also loved the part about Randall and his campaign manager Jae won. I love that guy, he was the one who helped Randall win community support with the Korean people. I love that when he kept talking about his proposal to randall we assume he is talking about a business proposal. I was so surprised when he was talking about an engagement. I loved that. Shows how close they are.

Another too-short episode. - I'm always sorry when it ends!

It was good to see Kevin being nice to Randall as a kid, especially when they were so often at odds. He does seem to step up when he really believes he can make a difference, so I'm looking forward to the storyline with Nicky. And I'm glad Cassidy's son is OK and able to be with her again.

I loved seeing Deja and Tess being all "sister-y" as well, and I do hope things work out in the new school for Tess. (I'm envisioning her in the next episode in front of a poster for an LQBTQ or inclusive school club, about to walk in.) I feel like the writers aren't developing Annie as much as the others, but maybe it's just because she's younger. (Please tell me it's not so we don't get attached because there's a tragedy in the future!)

I'm glad Randall stood up to the know-it-all lady! His campaign guy is right - they're not in this as a stepping stone; they're in this to make a difference. I love that he's giving time to his constituents.

I felt so bad for Kate in the restaurant scene! And you could see how much Toby loves and tries to protect her. I was surprised by his explanation of why he was exercising. - I thought he was just doing it as way to blow off steam/stress. And I loved the end with Kate and the neighbor!
I do think it is dealing with legal filming requirements due to Faithe Herman’s (Annie) age. I don’t necessarily think there is anything sinister in the works.

I've seen a lot of posts liking Kate's neighbor. But does anyone think there could eventually be more there than just friendship? Toby is becoming fit and he seems to be growing with confidence as well. Anyone think the possibility exists that Toby and Kate just grow apart?

I do think it is dealing with legal filming requirements due to Faithe Herman’s (Annie) age. I don’t necessarily think there is anything sinister in the works.

I don't think it's anything sinister either. She's young, she really would have no story line that would be interesting to viewers. Lots of times in shows kids are just background characters to enhance the main characters stories.

I just caught up on the last 2 weeks' episodes. Dang this show is a lot of work. But as usual, it was worth it.

That last scene of Kate with the neighbor really got me. Not just because of the relationship with the neighbor, but because something clicked and she's going for a walk. It gave me hope for her. She really DOES need to finally face her demons and take care of herself. Having a blind child should be the wake-up call they need. Toby heard it. And just maybe Kate did too.

I just caught up on the last 2 weeks' episodes. Dang this show is a lot of work. But as usual, it was worth it.

That last scene of Kate with the neighbor really got me. Not just because of the relationship with the neighbor, but because something clicked and she's going for a walk. It gave me hope for her. She really DOES need to finally face her demons and take care of herself. Having a blind child should be the wake-up call they need. Toby heard it. And just maybe Kate did too.
I agree with all of the above RE Kate and Toby. However, I worry about Chrissy Metz during this storyline. She is an excellent actor, but this has to hit close to home. She is very open about her own weight journey and freely discussed losing weight was part of her original contract. Nonetheless, she is the size we see on tv. Chris Sullivan (Toby) wore a “fat suit;” we are just now seeing his real size on screen. As someone with my own weight issues, I feel for Chrissy. She is once again possibly putting her true self on display.

Edited for name mistake.

Last edited:
I agree with all of the above RE Kate and Toby. However, I worry about Chrissy Metz during this storyline. She is an excellent actor, but this has to hit close to home. She is very open about her own weight journey and freely discussed losing weight was part of her original contract. Nonetheless, she is the size we see on tv. Chris Sullivan (Toby) wore a “fat suit;” we are just now seeing his real size on screen. As someone with my own weight issues, I feel for Chrissy. She is once again possibly putting her true self on display.

Edited for name mistake.

I agree but she also is getting paid $250K an episode, over $4 million for the season. While it doesn't help her weight or how she feels, it is her job she decided to do and she is also getting paid a good amount to be open, which is what she signed up to do as her job. Yrs, she is beautiful, but it is a fact that being obese is not healthy. You rarely see any old people that overweight because they end up dying.

Last edited:
Popping into this thread for the first time to share some info about one of the newest cast members (I didn't see anyone else mention this, but sorry if this is repeat information). The actor playing Kate and Toby's neighbor, Timothy Omundson, also had a major stroke in April 2017, and almost died. Other than a cameo in the Psych movie, this is the first time he's worked since then, and this character was created specifically for him. I've been loosely following his recovery, and seeing him back on TV is pretty incredible. I was especially happy to see him on one of my favorite shows :love: This definitely adds an extra layer of realism to an already emotional show!

A little more info: https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/08/pysch-star-timothy-omundson-returns-to-tv-this-is-us-preview/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter