This is the dawning of the rest of our lives... AT DISNEY WORLD!!!! COMPLETED 1/6!!!!

You are by far the most entertaining trip reporter of all time! I haven't laughed this much in a long time :lmao: Great writing style :thumbsup2

First of all - I am an O.C. fan and really miss that how! One of my kids surprised me with copies of Season 3 for my birthday this past summer and I immediately put DVD 1 in and started watching before I even blew the candles out on my cake (before anyone thinks I'm mean to my family, I had many many many candles to blow out and needed the rest first ;))

How neat that you got into Ohana and everything worked out with the other dinner companions - I think only at Disney could that work out so well. I'm so sorry that Hula Timon didn't turn up - but hopefully as you said, he is in the hands of a child who is treating him like royalty.

First of all, I saw the word 'Everwood' and started bawling. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CANCEL IT, CW???

WHY?

WHYYYYYYYYY?

:sad2:

Anyway, your update...

OoooOooooOooo pretty Christmas lights on the train station. 10,000 more Christmas pics, please! *grabby hands*

It was instant relaxation and relief for someone who never calms down, never stops worrying, never stops stressing, never stops obsessing, never stops freaking out.
::yes:: I couldn't have said it any better. I mean, I'd be lying if I said I stop worrying completely while at WDW because part of me is still convinced I'm gonna go flying into the Briar Patch and suffer death by giant thorn impalement, but the giant weight that I carry around on my shoulders every other day of the year is lifted (and then immediately replaced by my actual giant weight of a backpack) and everything feels right.

After seeing The Magic, The Memories, and You only once, it has become one of my favorite things in all of WDW. It just happened to be raining on the night we saw it, so the tears streaming down my face blended in quite nicely. The song itself would've gotten me, but the music/watching people have fun in my favorite place in the whole wide world/standing *in* my favorite place in the whole wide world/Walt Disney combo was the perfect storm of tear induction.

I still crack up every time I see Livin' It Up all bright and cheery in Comic Sans. I've gotta be careful. If I get super drunk anytime soon, I have a feeling I'm gonna wind up with it tattooed somewhere on my body.

Thanks so much for expressing your sentiments so eloquently. I know exactly how you feel about WDW, the Castle, the fireworks, Walt and all things Disney. You either get it or you don't and you GET IT! This is the first post I read after watching my Saints lose to the 49ers and I sure did need the lift. Thanks again. :thumbsup2

Aww thank you. I'm so happy I could bring you a bit of joy by expressing my Disney love! :cloud9:

Great report! I stumbled upon yours as I was reading Jess's! Fun! I was there in December from the 7-11th so I'm excited to hear what you did and what you thought. Isn't it just beautiful at Christmastime? It was my first time there in December and I just loved it! Can't wait for more :)

I love Jess, she brought me so many new readers! yay Jess! :yay: Thanks for joining in & :welcome:!!!

Yes, it was so beautiful to see all the decorations. :goodvibes I never thought I'd be one to go to Disney around Christmastime and now I can't imagine Christmastime WITHOUT Disney.... the obsession just grows and grows!

OH YAY my first night all moved into college and I have an update to read right before I go to sleep. Life is good! :goodvibes

Beautiful is the perfect word to describe everything in Disney. I'm like tearing up just reading your description right now. NOTHING CAN EVER BE BETTER THAN THE MAGIC KINGDOM. ANYTHING. I love it more than words can describe.

Please excuse me while I go turn on my Magic, Memories, and You soundtrack so I can read this part of your update with the appropriate background music.

"...as we proudly present... the magic, the memories, and YOU!"

- nice sparkly disney music begins -

- piano interlude -

"A TWINKLE OF LIGHT..... A TOWER SO TALL... A PRINCESS PREPARES TO HAVE HER MIDNIGHT AT THE BALL..." :lovestruc

I'm dying. Take me home. Now. Please.

Alright lets continue.

Me too, sister! If it's not a Disney proposal, it's a no go. And if it's not a fairytale wedding... we are going to be off to a rocky start. End of story. :laughing: <-- this guy may be laughing but I'm dead serious. hahaha

And every word you said about Walt Disney is so true. It's absolutely unbelievable to think that everything he ever thought of actually became a reality. He built it out of nothing but a dream! That's absolutely insane when you think about it.

God, this is why I love you. :rotfl: And this is why your trip reports are like some of my top top favorite pieces of literature of all time.

I can't wait for the next update!! Thank you for helping me survive my first night of college. Now I am going to go to sleep and dream about the magic, memories, and you. Good night.

"And we wish you. magical. dreams." :wizard: (said in that beautiful robotic disney resort telephone voice. :lovestruc)

Ahhh CONGRATULATIONS GIRL! A new college, a new adventure! I know how stressful it was for you to be in that other school you hated. I can't wait to hear how everything goes during your first week. I'm sure it will be amazing.

Ok I love how you were tearing up reading my descriptions and now I'M tearing up reading YOUR descriptions. LOL. We're just an endless parade of Disney emotions.

hahaha I'm serious about it too! Disney is one of the most important things to me, how can I agree to spend my life with someone who doesn't understand that? You don't get Disney? THAT'S A DEALBREAKER!!

Every time I get discouraged about my dreams I just think of Walt. What if he had given up before succeeding? I CAN NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT THAT.

hahaha I love you too girl!!! WHAT I WOULDN'T GIVE TO HEAR THAT ROBOTIC PHONE VOICE RIGHT NOW!

You are by far the most entertaining trip reporter of all time! I haven't laughed this much in a long time :lmao: Great writing style :thumbsup2

First of all - I am an O.C. fan and really miss that how! One of my kids surprised me with copies of Season 3 for my birthday this past summer and I immediately put DVD 1 in and started watching before I even blew the candles out on my cake (before anyone thinks I'm mean to my family, I had many many many candles to blow out and needed the rest first ;))

How neat that you got into Ohana and everything worked out with the other dinner companions - I think only at Disney could that work out so well. I'm so sorry that Hula Timon didn't turn up - but hopefully as you said, he is in the hands of a child who is treating him like royalty.

Wow, that is quite a compliment! Thank you so much! :welcome:

Your kids bought you the OC for your birthday? Best kids ever! :cheer2:

I agree, in Disney almost everything works out magically... :smickey: not so much in real life!

First of all, I saw the word 'Everwood' and started bawling. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CANCEL IT, CW???

WHY?

WHYYYYYYYYY?

:sad2:

Anyway, your update...

OoooOooooOooo pretty Christmas lights on the train station. 10,000 more Christmas pics, please! *grabby hands*

It was instant relaxation and relief for someone who never calms down, never stops worrying, never stops stressing, never stops obsessing, never stops freaking out.
::yes:: I couldn't have said it any better. I mean, I'd be lying if I said I stop worrying completely while at WDW because part of me is still convinced I'm gonna go flying into the Briar Patch and suffer death by giant thorn impalement, but the giant weight that I carry around on my shoulders every other day of the year is lifted (and then immediately replaced by my actual giant weight of a backpack) and everything feels right.

After seeing The Magic, The Memories, and You only once, it has become one of my favorite things in all of WDW. It just happened to be raining on the night we saw it, so the tears streaming down my face blended in quite nicely. The song itself would've gotten me, but the music/watching people have fun in my favorite place in the whole wide world/standing *in* my favorite place in the whole wide world/Walt Disney combo was the perfect storm of tear induction.

I still crack up every time I see Livin' It Up all bright and cheery in Comic Sans. I've gotta be careful. If I get super drunk anytime soon, I have a feeling I'm gonna wind up with it tattooed somewhere on my body.

Why does ANY channel cancel ANY good show? This is why you and I should run the world. And by the world, I mean all of TV, but that's basically the whole world anyway.

Oh man, I took an endless amount of pics of the MK all dressed up for Christmas. I have so many of the exact same pictures just on different days. I couldn't stop snapping away. And yet, they do not even begin to capture the beauty!!! One day we are doing a Christmastime Girls of the DIS trip!!!!

I never really worry about safety on Disney rides b/c I know they are the best quality machines money can buy and are tested constantly. ANYWHERE else, though, oh my God I imagine the 10 million different ways any ride can kill me. When I took my cousin to a carnival last summer I was so terrified the entire time.

Ahh it really is one of the best shows they've ever done. I saw it a few more times on the trip and it was just as effective over and over again.

Stay tuned for more Livin It Up!

Hi guys! This is just some of me obsessing over the international Disney Parks. If you've been to any of them or are fascinated by them like me, a lot of this info is going to probably seem lame, but for those of my readers who don't know a lot about these parks I just wanted to write a bit about it because you all really need to get educated and obsessed like me!!!

So my last update seems like forever ago... That's mainly because I've recently become OBSESSED with all Disney Parks that are not in the United States. I mean, I've always been into them and knew a bit of info about each park, but I never went into deep research. I've now completely given up all of my free time to the rabbit hole that is information on all the parks in Tokyo, Paris, and Hong Kong. I can't even describe how passionate I am about this. I have even started learning Japanese. I don't even know, you guys. I've always had a wanderlust and wanted to travel the world... the only reason I ever wanted to be rich was so I could take trips, I don't give a crap about nice cars or mansions, I just want to see the world... my #1 place I wanted to visit was always Europe followed by Africa, but as usual Disney has to take over and influence my whole life... now I think I want to go to Tokyo even more than Europe which I NEVER thought I would say because I have been obsessed with Europe for years... but TOYKO HAS TOYKO DISNEYSEA WHICH IS OFFICIALLY THE COOLEST PLACE I HAVE EVER NOT SEEN. I can't even fathom that park. That's the only way I can describe it: I can't fathom it. You have to check out this website: http://www.tdrfan.com/ especially look at all the pictures of each "land" in Toyko DisneySea. I think it's the most spectacular looking Disney park of all time. Believe it or not, I'm actually not thrilled by their version of the Magic Kingdom -- their "Main Street" is called World Bazaar and is INSIDE, which is...no pun intended..bizarre to me. IT'S A BIZARRE BAZAAR. Quite frankly. I haven't researched it enough yet though because I'm too consumed by Toyko DisneySea at the moment.

My second biggest International Disney Park obsession would be Disneyland Paris. Their version of the MK is the PRETTIEST thing in the world. I can't get over it. Their Fantasyland is 2934801298x better than the one at WDW. It kind of makes WDW's Fantasyland look like an outdoor mall of rides. And I LOVE WDW'S FANTASYLAND!!! But DLP's version looks like a REAL Kingdom out of one of the princess movies. I have watched this walkthrough so many times: http://youtu.be/E-YeQ0FMrHM MY GOD I WANT TO LIVE THERE.

Hong Kong Disneyland seems like the least cool... but it's Disney, so that means even the least awesome is still better than all other things. But I don't know, their Main Street seems REALLY plain and weird to me... still wonderful of course, just dull compared to the other versions of Main Street. And their castle is TINY! I know the one in California is small, but the one in Hong Kong kind of seems like an afterthought! But who cares about THAT because THEY HAVE TOY STORY LAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even with this. They are expanding this park a lot and adding more and more, apparently it will be done in 2013. I WOULD LIKE TO GO FOR THE OPENING OF THE NEW LANDS PLEASE.

I am so pissed that all of these places are not right around the corner from me. It's making me realize how UNBELIEVABLY LUCKY I am to live so close to WDW... I mean, it's 18 hours by car and 2 hours by plane... that is nothing compared to how far Japan, China, and France are. Ahh, at least it's something to look forward to ONE DAY! I hope i'll be able to go to at least one of these places before I'm 30... maybe more than one if my wildest dreams come true... and who knows, maybe they will... Walt's did. :smickey:

I've also never been to Disneyland in California which I know is a terrible thing. I have been meaning to go since like, 2004, but I always end up choosing Disney World instead because LET'S BE REAL FOR A SECOND HOW CAN I CHOOSE TO GO TO A PLACE THAT DOES NOT HAVE AN EPCOT. Like what even. But I REALLYREALLY am going to go to California within the next 2 years, I think. I may go in February 2013 because that's a big time for auditions for new TV shows in Los Angeles (pilot season) and I can't go this year. So WE'LL SEE. I also avoid Disneyland TRs/walkthroughs bc I want to experience it first hand without seeing it any other way. I know that I won't get to go to the international parks for years and years (unless some miracle occurs) so I can't really resist with learning everything about those (plus it's a little less than wise to go overseas without knowing anything LOL). I kind of want to experience Disneyland in California without knowing much about it or seeing many photos. It's always better to enter a Disney park armed with information, but when I was a child I knew nothing about the parks and just explored WDW going wherever and doing whatever and I kind of want to experience Disneyland that way...... CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY I AM NOT ON A PLANE RIGHT NOW? UGH

Anyway....whew. If you have ever been to any of the international parks, please direct me to your TR(s)!! I have been reading a lot of them and I am just dying. Seriously, you think you can't love Disney any more than you already do... and somehow your heart expands like the Grinch's on Christmas Morning!!!!!!!!! Well, I don't even know what I'm talking about at this point but OH MAN. Ok, I'll go finish the update now lalalalala.

We went to Disneyland Paris in September of 2010 and it was beautiful. I didn't write a TR about it, because I was so jetlagged during that portion of the trip that honestly I don't remember much. Silly me. We are going back in July this year though, so I will make sure to take plenty of notes and pictures, and I'll direct you to the TR that I'll be writing. ;)

We went to Disneyland Paris in September of 2010 and it was beautiful. I didn't write a TR about it, because I was so jetlagged during that portion of the trip that honestly I don't remember much. Silly me. We are going back in July this year though, so I will make sure to take plenty of notes and pictures, and I'll direct you to the TR that I'll be writing. ;)

WOW!!! I am so jealous! Even though you don't remember a lot, it must have been beyond amazing if you are going back so soon. Where else in Europe are you going if you don't mind me asking? I can't wait to read this TR!

DECEMBER 5, 2011
Day 1, Part 6 In Which We Probably Made Goofy Look Normal

Attention: This was one of the silliest nights of my life.

We were so. TIRED.

You know how, after a night of heavy drinking, your memories are...well... let's just say a BLUR? I'm not talking blackout drunk, I just mean that nice place alcohol can bring you where everything just seems really fun and silly.

This is the place we were in during our late night MK excursion.

However, it did not involve alcohol.

You can achieve this feeling naturally by combining radical excitement with extreme fatigue. Or by overdosing on food... but you all know THAT story already.

So just a warning: my memories on this night are fuzzy at best. I mostly remember a lot of colors and giggling, just to give you an idea of how this is going to go. And there are not a lot of photos. But hopefully the descriptions will paint enough of a picture in your imagination.

So let's get right to it! After deciding to Live It Up at the Kingdom despite barely being able to function, we high tailed it on over to Liberty Square. You see, our friend Master Gracey died at a Mansion there and gets awfully sore if we don't visit him every once in awhile. On our way, we stopped at Sleepy Hollow because my mom was basically asleep and needed a coffee.

I love that place, it's so quaint. I have always meant to get a treat there but it's never the right time. I have to remember to do that sometime soon. And also, the CM taking people's orders there was from Lyndhurst, NJ, which is like 20 minutes from where we live and right next to where my mom grew up! I love when that happens!

I'm pretty sure this is when we stopped in a store but I don't remember where it exactly was or what it was called. I took a picture of Mickey Lawn Gnomes because that is what people who are not drunk do.

6541796841_be73e8e3e4_b.jpg

It's a good thing I am not in charge of our lawn decorating because I would have purchased approximately 40 of these bad boys to surround our home.

Onto the Mansion!

6541797049_b8f0f7cc4c_b.jpg

Once we got over there, I realized I COMPLETELY forgot that they redid the queue. We had never seen it before and, in our sleepy giggly state, we found the entire thing fascinating and hilarious.

When you get to the point where the line splits and you can go off into the graveyard or into the building, I was all, "WHAT IS THIS?" and then ran into the graveyard while singing "What's This" from one of my favorite movies, The Nightmare Before Christmas. I barely remember this but I remember I LOVED it and we kept letting people pass us so I could press the books or whatever it is (I really don't remember?). OH, YOU KNOW WHAT I DO RECALL? That thing where you touch the instruments and they make the sound of the instrument!!! OH DISNEY!!!!!!!!!

I also couldn't find Master Gracey's grave? Which was troubling. It was probably just me buuuut WHERE IS IT? Cause it's not in the same place, right? Sorry. I was delirious.

Of course, our tour was interrupted by our doom buggys stopping about ten times during our tour. Look Master Gracey, I know you like us, but if you keep trapping us in your house, we're not going to be so inclined to come back. Or at least, we wouldn't in most haunted houses, but this one? Getting stuck is AWESOME cause you get to look around at everything! And who cares if a silly spook sits by your side when they're all so friendly...for the most part. :hmghost:

I think I'm exaggerating, though. I think it was three times that we got stuck? The first time I can't remember but I know it happened (am I making sense?).

I do remember my mom asking me to point out Hidden Mickeys or any other cool things, and I showed her the hidden Donald and the Grim Reaper Mickey, but all the other ones TOTALLY slipped my mind!

The second time it stopped was the GRAVEYARD SCENE! JACKPOT! We got to look at EVERYTHING. It was amazing! I remember noticing a bunch of things I had never seen before, but of course I can't remember exactly what they were now. Like I said, we were just so deliriously tired.

The third time we stopped was right before the hitch hiking ghosts part, but Master Gracey just kept yapping and yapping anyway, so we were sitting there looking at nothing while he was going on about the hitch hiking ghosts, and we just found it hilarious and cracked up ENDLESSLY. I remember us being like (talking to Master Gracey) "Uh, what are you talking about? Hitch hiking ghosts? WHERE? I SEE NOTHING!" While looking around for them, craning our necks, over and over.

Once the ride started going again, Master Gracey repeated the line, "Oh, and there's another matter I forgot to mention, beware of hitch hiking ghosts!" And I was like, "UH, you ALREADY SAID THAT." And my mom said, "Oh! THERE they are!" once the ghosts appeared. You had to be there but it was SO FUNNY in our delirium. I think we then started talking to the ghost in our Doom Buggy. I probably said something to it in a British accent b/c that's what I do when I'm in a silly mood. I do this weird Cockney thing that sometimes blends with an Australian accent. "Oy! Nice to meet you, chap!" It's all a blur.

After we got out of the mansion, I tried to show my mom Mr. Toad in the Pet Cemetery, but you can't see him at all in the dark!

My mom kept bringing up how tired she was and that she really didn't think she could last much longer, and I felt the same way but I was in denial about it. Like, I just wanted to not be tired so we could stay until closing (1 AM) and so I acted like I was totally fine, when in reality I was afraid to even blink because I thought if I closed my eyes for even a second, I would just immediately collapse into a coma.

And still we soldiered on.

I THINK we went on It's A Small World (IN THE NAME OF EVERYTHING CLASSIC IN THE ENTIRE WORLD) next which is obviously the thing to do when you are so tired and happy you feel like you are living in a dream. I was seriously floating on a cloud the entire time.

Oh look, a picture!
6541798623_59fdaee969_b.jpg

And of course, because it's us, something silly and hilarious had to happen. Again.

They changed the Small World queue. The part where you used to exit is now part of the queue. So we went that way and walked around to the bottom... I am not going to explain this well because it is such a blur, but basically what happened is I told the CM there were two people in our party, she put us in a row, there were barely any people there and we all boarded the boat, except my mom.

The gate closed on her literally a SECOND after I had walked through it. We were both so tired that we just paused for a minute and stared at it, expecting it to magically open!

My mom and I then both looked up at the control booth and waved. At the exact same time. Again, you had to be there, but IT WAS TOO FUNNY. Like we didn't even say "Hey, help us!" at first or anything, we literally just waved. The CMs probably thought we were just being friendly. And one of them waved back, smiling. LOLOLOLLOOLODJSDLMJS.

I said, "Can she get through? She was supposed to be on this boat." But they already knew and were trying to fix it.

For some reason, this took a LONG time. My mom and I just kept looking at each other, frustrated but amused. Like, we just wanted to get on the freaking happiest cruise that ever sailed already, and we were so tired, but it was also really funny so we didn't really care. Things like this happen to us all the time so we just kind of laugh about it.

I guess there isn't a button you can just press to open those gates, or if there is, it wasn't working because they never did end up opening! After them trying to fix it for about 5 minutes, they just escorted my mom around to the other side of the boat, where you'd normally exit, and finally she was able to board and we were able to get going! I wanted to call Guest Services and demand ten free Le Cellier reservations for our inconvenience, but I was in too good a mood, so we just sailed on with another hilarious memory. CA-LASS-IC.

After we safely docked and were able to exit together with no trouble, we danced on over to Mickey's PhilharMagic.

I absolutely love this show and was SO excited to be seeing it so early in the trip. It means a lot to me because it focuses specifically on the Disney movies that touched me most as a child, as if it were made for me! I was never into Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, or Snow White that much when I was little. I mean, I LOVE those movies and they are classics and have a very special place in my heart (actually, Snow White was the first movie I EVER saw in a theatre when I was 3, and I still remember it to this day!), but how much I love them does not even compare to the OBSESSION I had and still have with Aladdin, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasia, and Peter Pan. I always joke that they tailor made this attraction for me! And by joke, I mean I very seriously tell people that they tailor made this attraction for me. I am QUEEN OF THE POLYNESIAN, after all. By the way, I was still wearing my crown. All night. I had attached bobby pins to it so that it would stay affixed no matter what, and it worked perfectly! I plan on doing this again the next time I visit the Poly, just so my loyal subjects recognize me instantly.

As usual, I cried during this show (my favorite 3D show ever, FYI... I mean how could it not be when they tailor made it for me...) and I'm pretty sure my eyes didn't fall out. They were really sick of being open.

After we stumbled out of PhilharMagic, my mom said the words that needed to be said.

She could not go on any longer. It was almost 11:30 and we left our house at 5:00 AM that morning. She said she wanted to stay but she knew that if she pushed it tonight, she'd be totally zonked for the next few days and I knew it was true. I bellyached for awhile before finally breaking out of the delusion that I don't require rest and I realized she was right. Usually we don't even do a park on our first day so that we are energized for the rest of our trip, so we were really pushing it here. I didn't want to leave, but I knew that we had nine more days to run wild around the world and right now it was time to stop.

I love the one castle pic I took as we headed out:
6541798421_f2f93ec6d4_b.jpg

What I wouldn't give to be standing in that place right now! :cloud9:

It was still pretty crowded on Main Street, so I told my mom we should walk through the stores which is always my trick to beat the crowds, but I guess everyone was clued into that little trick because the stores were packed too! Not just that, but it took us like three times the amount of time to walk through because we were looking at and obsessing over basically every item.

We then saw a Santa look alike on an ECV by the register. He looked so much like Santa that you could tell he was TRYING to look like Santa even though he didn't have the suit on. His beard was real and he was very pudgy and jolly and wearing red. There were a bunch of children crowded around him. He looked so much like Santa that my mom thought he was like, an official Disney Parks Santa, and said to me, "Why would Santa be on an ECV?" and I was like, "Uhh, that's not SANTA Santa, that's just some guy." and we both were a little skeeved.

Since it's Disney, I'm sure he was just a nice man who dresses as Santa in a totally UN-creepy way. I wasn't too worried about it because I'm positive that if anything even slightly odd went down, Disney would kick his behind out of there in the blink of an eye, but it was just weird that he was sitting there on his ECV listening to what kids wanted for Christmas. Dude, go get a job at the mall!

After stopping to use the bathroom, we finally were able to exit the MK and caught a bus back to Pop where we both collapsed onto our beds! Seriously, I don't think I even watched one full loop of Stacey, I was so zonked. You know that it's a serious situation when I don't even watch one full loop of Stacey!

Up Next: Hitting some of our favorite places on our first full Disney Day!​

WOW!!! I am so jealous! Even though you don't remember a lot, it must have been beyond amazing if you are going back so soon. Where else in Europe are you going if you don't mind me asking? I can't wait to read this TR!

My mom is actually from Belgium and immigrated here when she was 15. So, we still have family in Belgium. We're going to be visiting for about two weeks with Belgium as our hub. The great thing about that location is that it's so close to everything for day trips. We're going to likely be spending 2-3 days at DLRP. We saw plenty of the actual city of Paris in September of 2010. We're also going to be visiting the cities of France that border Belgium, the Netherlands (mainly because I want to go to Amsterdam), Germany, and Luxembourg. We haven't decided where else we're going to go. We don't want to do too much that we don't remember anything. LOL.

Paris in general was just amazing. It's so beyond surreal to visit there. Everything is so old. That's my favorite part of it all. There was so much history there and everything was just so beautiful. And an amazingly clean city for being a major metro area.

My favorite part was the metro system. We just relied on the train/subway/el system to take us where we needed to go. So easy and inexpensive.

Oh, I know exactly what it feels like to be that tired and just trying to make your way through the day! That's how I felt when we went to DLRP, except it was only 3pm. But due to the change in time and all of the time we had been traveling, I had been up for about 24 hours. And seriously felt drunk. Like, I was walking around stumbling and couldn't see straight. But all I could think of was "must.....see.....Disneyland.....Paris!"

Okay, that IASW story is priceless. It must have happened because your reaction times were significantly diminished due to the exhaustion factor. :lmao:

__disneygirl said:
I just mean that nice place alcohol can bring you where everything just seems really fun and silly.

This is the place we were in during our late night MK excursion.

However, it did not involve alcohol.

You can achieve this feeling naturally by combining radical excitement with extreme fatigue. Or by overdosing on food... but you all know THAT story already.

This is me to a tee on New Years Eve. Except I wasn't even that tired. I was just INSANE. I seriously can't wait to get to that part of my trip report. AHH why did all of the best stuff happen at the end of the second trip!? hahaha but anyways... BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD.

Master Gracey's grave is literally the big grave right in the middle of the queue :rotfl: You'll definitely see it next time you go and you're fully functioning! Don't worry - it is there!

Hahaha oh It's A Small World. CA-LASS-IC. What a frumpy mess you guys had going on there. :lmao:

I TOTALLY 100% agree with you about the movies in PhilharMagic. Like... ABSOLUTELY. Disney Renaissance movies pretty much were our childhood. And then Peter Pan, for some reason, is like one of my all time favorites. I decided I have a crush on him when I was at Disney on ice today. Nbd. But AHH those movies. I just can't.. even.. GAHH I LOVE THEM!!!!

I SAW SO MANY SANTA LOOK ALIKES ON MY TRIP!! Seriously they all just congregate to Disney. It's crazy.

I hope you guys were able to drag yourselves out of bed in the morning! I can't wait for the next update!! :goodvibes

Requesting permission from her Royal Highness Queen of the Polynesian to join this trip report. Looking forward to reading more!!

My mom is actually from Belgium and immigrated here when she was 15. So, we still have family in Belgium. We're going to be visiting for about two weeks with Belgium as our hub. The great thing about that location is that it's so close to everything for day trips. We're going to likely be spending 2-3 days at DLRP. We saw plenty of the actual city of Paris in September of 2010. We're also going to be visiting the cities of France that border Belgium, the Netherlands (mainly because I want to go to Amsterdam), Germany, and Luxembourg. We haven't decided where else we're going to go. We don't want to do too much that we don't remember anything. LOL.

Paris in general was just amazing. It's so beyond surreal to visit there. Everything is so old. That's my favorite part of it all. There was so much history there and everything was just so beautiful. And an amazingly clean city for being a major metro area.

My favorite part was the metro system. We just relied on the train/subway/el system to take us where we needed to go. So easy and inexpensive.

That is SO awesome, you are so lucky. I have long lost distant cousins in Italy, but since we don't know each other it would probably be weird if I showed up there. I am so jealous of your trip. I often try to fashion the perfect Europe trip but I would have to go there for like a month at LEAST to do everything I want to do and even then it would be cramped. A lot of people do like, 3 days in France, 2 in London, 3 in Italy, 2 in Germany, etc... but my problem is that I want to spend like two weeks in each of those places SO I need to win the lottery is my point.

My friend goes to France all the time and he loves it there and is always saying I have to visit him sometime in France. I'm like yeah, I'll just hop on a plane NO PROB. We were gonna rent an apartment with a bunch of our friends for 2 months a few summers ago but of course that completely fell through! I remember him saying we could take a "day trip" to Disneyland Paris and I was like LOL A DAY TRIP? It's more like... I'll be there the whole time.

ANYWAY enough of my rambling. I can't wait to read your TR! You should do a PTR.

Oh, I know exactly what it feels like to be that tired and just trying to make your way through the day! That's how I felt when we went to DLRP, except it was only 3pm. But due to the change in time and all of the time we had been traveling, I had been up for about 24 hours. And seriously felt drunk. Like, I was walking around stumbling and couldn't see straight. But all I could think of was "must.....see.....Disneyland.....Paris!"

Okay, that IASW story is priceless. It must have happened because your reaction times were significantly diminished due to the exhaustion factor. :lmao:

Oh man, I'd be so frustrated if I felt that way at DLRP! The only reason I can do that at WDW is b/c I know it like the back of my hand and have seen almost everything. I can't even imagine us being that silly in a foreign country. Well, of course I can, but I'd rather us be awake for it. LOL.

This is me to a tee on New Years Eve. Except I wasn't even that tired. I was just INSANE. I seriously can't wait to get to that part of my trip report. AHH why did all of the best stuff happen at the end of the second trip!? hahaha but anyways... BEST FEELING IN THE WORLD.

Master Gracey's grave is literally the big grave right in the middle of the queue :rotfl: You'll definitely see it next time you go and you're fully functioning! Don't worry - it is there!

Hahaha oh It's A Small World. CA-LASS-IC. What a frumpy mess you guys had going on there. :lmao:

I TOTALLY 100% agree with you about the movies in PhilharMagic. Like... ABSOLUTELY. Disney Renaissance movies pretty much were our childhood. And then Peter Pan, for some reason, is like one of my all time favorites. I decided I have a crush on him when I was at Disney on ice today. Nbd. But AHH those movies. I just can't.. even.. GAHH I LOVE THEM!!!!

I SAW SO MANY SANTA LOOK ALIKES ON MY TRIP!! Seriously they all just congregate to Disney. It's crazy.

I hope you guys were able to drag yourselves out of bed in the morning! I can't wait for the next update!! :goodvibes

I want to go for New Years so bad!

But they moved it, right? I swear it was not in the same place it has always been!

We were very Frumptastic! You would have loved it!

I dragged myself out of bed... My mom on the other hand.... :rolleyes: She has this idea that you're supposed to get rest on vacation? I don't understand it!

Requesting permission from her Royal Highness Queen of the Polynesian to join this trip report. Looking forward to reading more!!

GRANTED!!!!!!!!!!

People of all shapes, sizes, races, creeds (?), colors, and lands are welcome here!!! I also welcome little blue aliens, mermaids, eternal children, magic carpets, genies, unicorns, fairies, things that aren't supposed to talk but do, and just all animals in general.

Anyway.... Thanks for joining us! :3dglasses

I want to go for New Years so bad!

But they moved it, right? I swear it was not in the same place it has always been!

We were very Frumptastic! You would have loved it!

I dragged myself out of bed... My mom on the other hand.... :rolleyes: She has this idea that you're supposed to get rest on vacation? I don't understand it!

Hahaha I am going to try SO HARD to go again this upcoming year. :rotfl: Probably not Christmas... but NYE. It's even better. Because then the day after everyone LEAVES. It's a brilliant time to go. Because you get to PARTY PARTY PARTY and then it's a ghost town. Perfection.

Yes they moved it! Don't worry you're not going crazy! ;)

LOL don't worry. My Dad thinks the same way. However, my Mom and I just leave him in the room with my even lazier brother while we go to the parks :p

Someone should really call Ke$ha and get her to write a song about Disney drunkenness. "Your Love Is My Drug" is a pretty accurate representation of how I feel about Disney.

My parents have been eyeing those Mickey Lawn Gnomes for YEARS. I don't quite understand why they don't just buy one. It's clear they're interested.

I think it's impossible to ride Haunted Mansion without getting stopped. At least you were stuck in cool places, though. I'm always stopped right in front of a wall and/or emergency exit sign. Listening to the "Playful spooks have interrupted our tour..." spiel over and over isn't any fun when there's nothing to look at.

Lol-ing at your Small World story. You guys remind me so much of my mother and I. Like crazy stuff always happens to us (in life, not just at Disney) that would probably cause other people to go into complete meltdown mode and we just stand there making faces at each other and laughing.

I totally agree about Mickey's Philharmagic. I'm not a fan of 3D movies and usually try to avoid them, but it's a compilation of my Disney classics so I just can't hate the thing. Even though I have to close my eyes when we start "flying". :sick:

Can't wait for more!!

BAHHH I CAUGHT UP! I know you're SO excited. :rolleyes:
Okay first of all... RIP Hula Timon. I am legitimately sad. WHY? I mean someone had to have taken him because he wouldn't have just disappeared right?
HOW CUTE. Queen of the Poly... can I ask permission to stay there sometime? I really really want to. THANKS!
Wow, ya know, you are really good at putting my exact thoughts into coherent sentences. Seriously! The Magic, The Memories, and You... I can't even... I just... ahhhhh it makes me so emotional. Even typing that just now. Ugh I have problems.
Ok so yeah, I want to all the international parks too, but I have no clue if I ever can. DL Paris is so gorgeous. The only thing that weirds me out are the bushes, or trees, or whatever they are. They're box shaped and it's awkward to me. Everything else is beautiful though. AND have you seen what the Shanghai Disney is gonna look like? OH WOW it's going to be spectacular! I haven't ever been to Disneyland either. :(
Omg funny, Haunted Mansion and small world were the first two rides of my trip too! Did you know that their ride buildings are RIGHT next to each other?! I'm sure you did. I think that's so cool hahah.
Anyways, I'm glad I caught up, I didn't like being behind! Yay. :goodvibes

I know the feeling; that's what happens on travel days when you're up early and out late! But it's crazy fun! Oh what Disney makes us do to ourselves! I love the Small World fiasco! lol never had that happen before! Yay for new things haha.

Ahhh! So I’m having an odd day where I don’t really have much to do, as it’s the beginning of the semester and my only goal for the afternoon is to simply stay awake and not nap and throw off my delicate sleep schedule. So of course I came to the dis to time warp away a few hours and WOAH! First, thank you so much for bringing the international Disney Parks to the forefront of my attention. I read everything on the sites you posted and I am flabbergasted! I had always assumed that the parks besides WDW & DL were merely a copy and pasted version of a smattering of successful Disney rides and parks on a smaller scale, without much new innovation. (And why would I ever think that? Disney doesn’t half-donkey anything! Shame on me for assuming!) BUT DISNEYSEA! WOW! What a revelation! It’s like an even more awe-inspiring fantasy version of the World Showcase! I love that you’ve been spending so much time researching it, I’m the same way! I once spent a few hours reading every single thing online about the abandoned “Beastly Kingdom” area of Animal Kingdom (I won’t go into spilling every detail about it here, but if you haven’t read about it yourself, start at the AK Wikipedia page for an overview of what I’m referencing!) I can’t wait to go back to AK with that knowledge, keeping an eye out for the things they left behind!

Anyways, your TR is one of the highest forms of entertainment! Always brightens my days! :goodvibes

I agree about the movies in philharmagic! awesome! I love Aladdin, Lion King, etc. too. Luckily my 4 yr old loved it too so we saw it 2x! (just got back last night).

I also find the international Disney parks fascinating...I have one burning question about them though...Is the main language at each of the parks the language native to that country or is it English? I just can't imagine going to TokyoDisney and everyone speaking Japanese!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter