• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This is the dawning of the rest of our lives... AT DISNEY WORLD!!!! COMPLETED 1/6!!!!

Hahaha I am going to try SO HARD to go again this upcoming year. :rotfl: Probably not Christmas... but NYE. It's even better. Because then the day after everyone LEAVES. It's a brilliant time to go. Because you get to PARTY PARTY PARTY and then it's a ghost town. Perfection.

Yes they moved it! Don't worry you're not going crazy! ;)

LOL don't worry. My Dad thinks the same way. However, my Mom and I just leave him in the room with my even lazier brother while we go to the parks :p

That's what I was thinking... if you fly in on the 30th you'd only have two or three days of the big crowds and then stay the first week of January which is the lowest crowd time! :cloud9:

LOL OK THANK YOU because if you said it was in the same old spot I was going to seriously question my sanity.

Someone should really call Ke$ha and get her to write a song about Disney drunkenness. "Your Love Is My Drug" is a pretty accurate representation of how I feel about Disney.

My parents have been eyeing those Mickey Lawn Gnomes for YEARS. I don't quite understand why they don't just buy one. It's clear they're interested.

I think it's impossible to ride Haunted Mansion without getting stopped. At least you were stuck in cool places, though. I'm always stopped right in front of a wall and/or emergency exit sign. Listening to the "Playful spooks have interrupted our tour..." spiel over and over isn't any fun when there's nothing to look at.

Lol-ing at your Small World story. You guys remind me so much of my mother and I. Like crazy stuff always happens to us (in life, not just at Disney) that would probably cause other people to go into complete meltdown mode and we just stand there making faces at each other and laughing.

I totally agree about Mickey's Philharmagic. I'm not a fan of 3D movies and usually try to avoid them, but it's a compilation of my Disney classics so I just can't hate the thing. Even though I have to close my eyes when we start "flying". :sick:

Can't wait for more!!

That's a good song to equate with Disney, minus the "I like your beard" ending. I don't know how that would fit in.

The bigger question is why have you not purchased an army of Mickey Gnomes, or as I like to call them, Mnomes, and had them shipped home as a gift?!?!

Yeah, for us it is also not a Disney-exclusive thing, it's just an every day life thing. I used to say there was a "Storm cloud of insanity" hanging over my head, about to burst at any time. I should probably bring that back, it's a pretty decent metaphor. Feel free to use it...you're welcome!

They need to do more attractions that are themed around the early 90's Disney films because everyone is saying how much they love PhilharMagic for that reason!

BAHHH I CAUGHT UP! I know you're SO excited. :rolleyes:
Okay first of all... RIP Hula Timon. I am legitimately sad. WHY? I mean someone had to have taken him because he wouldn't have just disappeared right?
HOW CUTE. Queen of the Poly... can I ask permission to stay there sometime? I really really want to. THANKS!
Wow, ya know, you are really good at putting my exact thoughts into coherent sentences. Seriously! The Magic, The Memories, and You... I can't even... I just... ahhhhh it makes me so emotional. Even typing that just now. Ugh I have problems.
Ok so yeah, I want to all the international parks too, but I have no clue if I ever can. DL Paris is so gorgeous. The only thing that weirds me out are the bushes, or trees, or whatever they are. They're box shaped and it's awkward to me. Everything else is beautiful though. AND have you seen what the Shanghai Disney is gonna look like? OH WOW it's going to be spectacular! I haven't ever been to Disneyland either. :(
Omg funny, Haunted Mansion and small world were the first two rides of my trip too! Did you know that their ride buildings are RIGHT next to each other?! I'm sure you did. I think that's so cool hahah.
Anyways, I'm glad I caught up, I didn't like being behind! Yay. :goodvibes

I think he probably fell out of my bag, because I had him like hanging out of it, and some kid probably picked it up and just kept it. Like I said, I just hope it's an Andy and not a Sid!

Not all the topiaries at DLRP are square! They have lots of different kids just like they do at WDW :)

I'm excited for Shanghai Disney, especially b/c they say it will be more of a resort than the one in Hong Kong, bigger and better and so on. They expect it to be done in 2016... seems like so far away but I'm sure time will fly, I can't wait to see more developments!!

I did! So much of that area is kind of squished in... but I love it b/c nothing at the Magic Kingdom seems that far to me. Like even if I'm on one end of the park and have to get to the other side... it's not so far. It's quite cozy in the Kingdom.

I know the feeling; that's what happens on travel days when you're up early and out late! But it's crazy fun! Oh what Disney makes us do to ourselves! I love the Small World fiasco! lol never had that happen before! Yay for new things haha.

haha yes it's very fun! And there will be many more new things on this TR... so stay tuned! :yay:

Ahhh! So I’m having an odd day where I don’t really have much to do, as it’s the beginning of the semester and my only goal for the afternoon is to simply stay awake and not nap and throw off my delicate sleep schedule. So of course I came to the dis to time warp away a few hours and WOAH! First, thank you so much for bringing the international Disney Parks to the forefront of my attention. I read everything on the sites you posted and I am flabbergasted! I had always assumed that the parks besides WDW & DL were merely a copy and pasted version of a smattering of successful Disney rides and parks on a smaller scale, without much new innovation. (And why would I ever think that? Disney doesn’t half-donkey anything! Shame on me for assuming!) BUT DISNEYSEA! WOW! What a revelation! It’s like an even more awe-inspiring fantasy version of the World Showcase! I love that you’ve been spending so much time researching it, I’m the same way! I once spent a few hours reading every single thing online about the abandoned “Beastly Kingdom” area of Animal Kingdom (I won’t go into spilling every detail about it here, but if you haven’t read about it yourself, start at the AK Wikipedia page for an overview of what I’m referencing!) I can’t wait to go back to AK with that knowledge, keeping an eye out for the things they left behind!

Anyways, your TR is one of the highest forms of entertainment! Always brightens my days! :goodvibes

Yay, I'm so glad you're all into it too now!! I do know all about Beastly Kingdom... I am not happy that they ended up abandoning these plans. There also used to be secret paths at Animal Kingdom that they've blocked off and that REALLY annoys me because it was SO cool!

I agree about the movies in philharmagic! awesome! I love Aladdin, Lion King, etc. too. Luckily my 4 yr old loved it too so we saw it 2x! (just got back last night).

Aww, how wonderful. I love that my young cousins that are 10 and 14 years younger than me love all those movies too! A lot of the time my aunt/their mom will come in, see us watching a Disney movie, and say how nice it is for me to watch what THEY want to watch... meanwhile I picked the movie! haha

I also find the international Disney parks fascinating...I have one burning question about them though...Is the main language at each of the parks the language native to that country or is it English? I just can't imagine going to TokyoDisney and everyone speaking Japanese!

Disney does not require their cast members in Tokyo to speak English and in fact from what I have read, most of them don't. It's not that big a deal because you can simply open your park map and point to something and they can point to which way it is, you can hold up your fingers to show how many people in your party, you can point to your menu to show what food you'd like to order, etc. Also, they have to separate their shows into English and Japanese shows. Like at Stitch Encounter in Tomorrowland, you have to look at the guide and pick one of the English showtimes. It's a whole other adventure over there!

I've looked into Disneyland Paris before, but not any of the Asia parks. I just assumed I'd never go there, so why bother, but they look pretty cool! Disneyland Paris, though, looks beautiful! I watched that walkthrough of Fantasyland you put up and I love it! :lovestruc I love how there is so much Alice in Wonderland stuff there! I hope I can get to France someday!

I'm pretty much obsessed with Disneyland in CA, but I feel the same way you do, I try not to look at too much of it, because I want to experience it in person for the first time. I do have a DVD of it, and a guide book but that's it. I can't even bring myself to watch World of Color on you tube because I need to see it in person first! But again, like you, I plan to go every year, but then choose WDW because of Epcot! I'm hoping to go next year sometime, but who knows? I need to go at some point. I have to see Walt's park, it's amazing to me that he was actually there, in that park, walking around.

Also, love the update! I love the nights that you are so tired, but you have to keep going, because you can't bear to drag yourself away from the parks! I always wonder why everyone in the world gets stuck on HM...I got stuck in front of the bride when I was there in December, and it was SO scary...at first I was like "oh, awesome, I can take pictures of her"...but after a while, I was terrified...it really seemed like she was looking right at me. :eek:

I LOVE your picture of the castle! God, I really love the castle lit up for Christmas, it's seriously the most beautiful thing ever. :)

I've looked into Disneyland Paris before, but not any of the Asia parks. I just assumed I'd never go there, so why bother, but they look pretty cool! Disneyland Paris, though, looks beautiful! I watched that walkthrough of Fantasyland you put up and I love it! :lovestruc I love how there is so much Alice in Wonderland stuff there! I hope I can get to France someday!

I'm pretty much obsessed with Disneyland in CA, but I feel the same way you do, I try not to look at too much of it, because I want to experience it in person for the first time. I do have a DVD of it, and a guide book but that's it. I can't even bring myself to watch World of Color on you tube because I need to see it in person first! But again, like you, I plan to go every year, but then choose WDW because of Epcot! I'm hoping to go next year sometime, but who knows? I need to go at some point. I have to see Walt's park, it's amazing to me that he was actually there, in that park, walking around.

Also, love the update! I love the nights that you are so tired, but you have to keep going, because you can't bear to drag yourself away from the parks! I always wonder why everyone in the world gets stuck on HM...I got stuck in front of the bride when I was there in December, and it was SO scary...at first I was like "oh, awesome, I can take pictures of her"...but after a while, I was terrified...it really seemed like she was looking right at me. :eek:

I LOVE your picture of the castle! God, I really love the castle lit up for Christmas, it's seriously the most beautiful thing ever. :)

Who knows... maybe you will get to go someday! Life is crazy, you never know.

I love all the Alice in Wonderland stuff too! That has always been one of my top favorite Disney movies and I always wished WDW had more AIW stuff like the other parks. Mad Tea Party is fun but it doesn't really capture the essence of the movie/story like other Disney attractions do. Disneyland in California has an AIW dark ride that I am dying to see, DLRP has that maze that looks INCREDIBLE... I am dying to do that even more! At Toyko Disneyland, they have this AWESOME restaurant called The Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall. You can read about it and see the pictures here: http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID507290.asp Make sure you enlarge them b/c they put so much detail into it! I wish we had that here! They even have heart shaped meat patties and buns and stuff, and I read a TR that said the food was really good there. Ahh I want to go right now!

I totally agree with you... I would NEVER watch World of Color on youtube. I want to experience it in person. I have seen just a few pics of it and I know you can do a dining package, and that is literally all the info I know about it.

And about it being "Walt's Park"... I totally agree with that too. I know I am going to cry so hard when I go there. I am going to be imagining Walt walking down Main Street. I'm going to be looking at everything saying, "I wonder if he sat there. I wonder if he touched that wall. I wonder if he ate here." LOL. I am so obsessed I know, but it I just love the man so much!

I think that Bride is one of the only legit scary things at the Mansion. Everything else is kind of like, either cartoony Disney or spooky and eerie, not actually enough to freak me out. But that bride looks EVIL!

Hi guys... since some of you commented that you appreciated the international Disney parks info I'll probably be sharing more stuff as I discover it!

Check out this awesome view of Hong Kong Disneyland's Flight of Fantasy parade. I find the floats of the international Disney park parades to be so much better than ours, especially in Paris, but these are gorgeous too!

Normally I wouldn't watch a parade on youtube cause I'd want to experience it at the park, but they'll probably change this before I ever get to go. But if you are planning to go anytime soon you should probably wait to see it in person!

Here is the link http://youtu.be/kK3qhFfayvI

I just love so many things about this parade...
-First of all, SO MUCH COLOR! It just all seems so much bigger and brighter than what we have here!
-I love the outfits of the gang, especially Minnie's dress!!
-I love the Pooh floats with the honey pot hot air balloons! That used to be my favorite part to watch as a kid! and the second one with all the Heffalumps and Woozles... SO COOL.
-The girl in the Hunny pot! Adorable!
-The girls that come out in the Marie Antoinette dresses before the princesses are SO BEAUTIFUL as is the princess float! I wonder how hard it is to find American girls to be friends with the princesses there. I heard that when the park opened they sent a lot of girls over who were at WDW, but I don't know if they still do that.
-I think it's so awesome that they stop the parade. I would love that so I could look at more details and take more pictures. And it's sooo magical how they bring out all the children to be in it!!! I'm sure they will never forget that.
-The jungle themed float is just too ridiculously amazing. I can't even with that. Also, the face on the side of it looks like Olmak from Legends of the Hidden Temple. 90'S NICK REFERENCE?
-The LITTLE LADY BUG CARS!!! Everything is just SO. CUTE.
-The hula girls outfits are pretty much my favorite hula outfits EVER!!
-The Stitch float is so beautiful, and I don't know what that thing swinging back and forth is supposed to be... a makeshift spaceship? Who knows, but it is AWESOME! We need Stitch floats at WDW please!
-I literally yelled out in glee when I saw Toy Story was next. I am such a child but omg. This parade is so amazing, I'd be freaking OUT if I was there.
-FEMALE BUZZ LIGHTYEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THAT NOT THE COOLEST THING IN THE WORLD. FOUND MY HALLOWEEN COSTUME FOR THIS YEAR.
-That Toy Story float is so much more extravagant than the one in the Hollywood parade! and I love that one, but man! The giant Rex in the back with the monkeys hanging from him!!! ahh!!

Okay... enough Disney obsessing for me for today... NOT. I am going to the Disney Store and then to see Beauty and the Beast in 3D!! FINALLY!!!!! I just watched BatB like a month ago on my old VHS copy from when the tape came out in 1991! LOL! I still don't have the DVD. I'm so excited to see it in full quality on the big screen!!!! I hear the ballroom scene especially is BREATHTAKING! AHH I'M SO EXCITED! But honestly I am even more excited for THE TANGLED SHORT!!!!!! EUGENE AND RAPUNZEL'S WEDDING OH MY GOD :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Wow. WHEW. I am tiring myself out already. I must go shower and get ready! Have a magical day guys, and cheers to you if you withstood all my crazy rambling! :woohoo:

I JUST BOUGHT THE VERY LAST HULA TIMON FROM AMAZON!!!!!!

51SLzibXb0L._SL500_.jpg

I don't like this stock photo b/c it doesn't really show his personality. SHEESH.

WHEW.

Thank God I got him in time! I really needed Hula Timon to come back to me so that he could Live It Up with us on our next trip. I don't know when that will be, but I just feel better knowing he is here for when I need him!

He arrives in 4-14 days! I can't wait! I will be going to Party City tomorrow to get the appropriate "WELCOME HOME" banners and so on. I'm thinking of throwing a little Hawaiian Luau themed shindig, nothing big, just some tiki torches in the living room and who knows, I may wear a hula skirt and a shell bra. Let's see how many Lapu Lapus I end up drinking and go from there. I just want him to feel comfortable and at home when he arrives, you know?

Alright, it's 2am so I should probably try and get some rest or something...? Have a magical day!

Ok Lia, I've been absent for a long time now, but that only means one thing....A SUPER LONG COMMENT. So here goes.

Day 1 pt.1
Yes, I know exactly what you mean about your alarm going off. Whenever you're not fully ready for it it's like, "Where is that loud noise coming from???"

I've gotta say, I've been saying "BEST. *something* EVER!" a lot lately, always imagining myself as Rapunzel. Not creepy at all.

Wow.....a limo to the airport. Now that's rocking in style. So freakin cool!!! You're obviously Disney VIP.

Wow, you guys did 10 days in carry-on? I applaud you. I wonder if I can try that for my 12 day trip. BTW, who did you guys fly with?

It's definitely fate that led you to travel on his birthday. It's like, "Hey Walt, I'm celebrating your birthday by enjoying your awesome vision."

Hah, I completely agree with McDonald's breakfast! I never get the egg McMuffin. It just.....that's not what a real egg is supposed to look like. No matter how hard those commercials try to tell us.

I actually remember that day you worked on Boardwalk Empire. I remember your tweets. Was that back in 2009?

Awwwww, that little girl sounds SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!! So adorable! Love that some children are still innocent. Thank you, Disney.

LOL about the monorail being fake cause it's not a Disney one. It's actually not a monorail at all, so you're right! Another DISer told me it runs on wheels, making it not a monorail. The more you know!

Wow, being mistaken as a high school cheerleader. Not bad! Good thing you guys weren't staying at the All Stars!

Awww, the hula Timon is so cute. Christmas Stitch you say? I have....one of them. But I also have the White Stitch which comes out for Christmas, so does that count?

LOVE YOUR NAILS!!! Now that I've gotten into doing my nails, I must have Disney nails for my next trip.

I have a Stitch Jibbitz too, of course. I got the full-body one. I have a Wall-E too with an Eve, but my Eve broke *tear*. Love those shoes btw.

Day 1 pt.2
My eyes bugged from reading this line. "I was just in total shock at this point. I was having stomach pains. Any time I get REALLY excited, my stomach hurts. It's not even a BAD pain, though, it's just like such excitement that my body can't even settle, you know?" It's like you're my body double. That's exactly how I feel when I get excited! Particularly when I'm traveling. I'm not alone :hug:

I love watching the old cartoons! Me and Andrew will stop and watch them if we see them playing somewhere. It's just so wonderfully nostalgic even though we didn't watch them much as kids.

Oooh, I'll have to do online check-in on my next trip, since I'll be checking in at least 10 people. I don't think I've ever really minded the whole check in process. It just builds me up some more, haha.

Seriously Lia, you and Kara need to start on that book already. I just love the way you two write. I also nominate you as the leader of the WDW cult. That speech about arriving at Pop and walking to your room? Priceless.

The thing I love about Pop is that you can always find a shorter path to the centre. It's a lot more compact than some people think. I mean, I was in the 70's and found the walk to be super short. Only at Pop do you tell people to "hang a right at the giant walkman".

I spent a good 5 minutes staring at those pictures of you waiting for MK's bus. I want to go "home"!!!! Would you mind if I saved that pic?

Oh my gosh, that driver is so freakin awesome!

And yes, I love your new avatar. It's so sweet!

Day 1 pt.3
Love those shots on the monorail! Especially the one of God taking a picture of Disney. A fine creation indeed.

I'm getting so excited just looking at those pictures. I've only been on the monorail once, can you believe it? No? Neither can I. That needs to be fixed.

Wow, it's so great that you can get seats even without reservations! Probably works better with small groups though.

Haha, I cracked when I read this, "fans of the show Whitney". I also can't fathom drinking a Bloody Mary.

Wow, it's so great that you were seated with huge Disney fans. Would be so awkward if they were complete noobs and asked annoying questions like trying to park hop with 2 MYW tix.

That pom iced tea sounds great! I think I had something like that at Ruby Tuesday's when I was in New York. Were the refills free?

Oooh, I love pot stickers! So glad to hear they were great. Man.....all this talking of food....I need to go get something to eat. Why am I not eating at Ohana tonight??? I can't wait to eat there on my next trip.

Day 1 pt.4
Dang, that's a lot of ice cream. I find that I can always have a lot of green tea ice cream, no matter how full I am. I just love that stuff!

I totally agree with the Culkins. Not a bad movie ever.

Aw, it's too bad you didn't take their picture. I had a wonderful moment with some strangers on our Montreal trip too and also forgot to take pictures. Meeting them totally made our trip more fun. And it's so sweet they gave you their coupons!

Oh no, Timon is missing! It's too bad you couldn't find him even after all that looking. I mean, where could he have gone?

Haha, it's funny the CM didn't think Timon was yours. It's like that a lot when I bring Duffy McDuff around. They think it's a present I'm giving a little kid but no, it's MY Disney bear.

I like Pepper Pan. Reminds me of Pepper Ann.

I'll try my best to make your festival of crazy. Haha, I love Forever 21. At first I heard a lot about it, but when I saw the store I didn't know it was it! It's just roman numerals. Tricky

Ooh, I heard about those nuts on the Travel Channel! What a coinkidink that you actually have one and wore it to the Poly before! You were destined to talk to this CM.

QUEEN OF THE POLYNESIAN!!!! That is so adorable!!! Hail to our queen! :worship:

Aww, I wish I could see those royal photos. I love posing for funny photos! Of course, I also love the attention I get, even if people DO think I'm crazy. BTW, you're one of the few people I know that have watched Girl, Interrupted. Thank you.

Day 1 pt.5
Wow, when did you guys get to MK? It's already dark!

There's something about heading into a park in the evening that just feels so....relaxing.

Dude, it's crazy packed! Woah, that one picture sparkles! So cool!

You have Walt's speech?? Can you pass it to me, please?

That bit about Walt's dreams. Amen sister. You said it. I hate it when people use Disney as a scapegoat for everything bad that happens. "They're only doing it for the money", "CMs are only nice because they get paid to do it." Obviously, none of those people have ever been to WDW. They just don't want to believe that there really is a place where you can be truly happy.

Wow, that peppermint castle looks so cool! With the projection technology nowadays, they won't have to physically change the appearance of the castle. It's amazing.

I've only seen Wishes once. Well, I saw it on my last trip, but was right under it so couldn't really appreciate it. Can't wait to get a good view of it on my next trip, at the wishes dessert party!

Wow, you guys took on EMH on your first night?

Day 1 pt.5
Yes, I know that nice place. That's a nice place to be, especially at MK! But wow....I can almost imagine what it must be like.

Is Sleepy Hollow where you can get funnel cake? If yes, then I remember going there! It was one of the best funnel cakes I've ever had.

Haha, I've never seen those decorations before. I'd love to come across it on a lawn one day and say, "Hey! I saw that in Lia's TR!"

That HM queue sounds like so much fun! I think I would do that during the EMH too, when I can really take my time touching EVERYTHING. It's so awesome that you barely had any lines!

You know what? I think we DISers are the only park visitors that don't mind when a ride stops all of a sudden. Well, when it's not in a scary dark tunnel of course (I'm thinking of you, Kara). Especially in the HM because there's so much to look at!

Your mom sounds so cute. I think it's so great you have such a close relationship with your mom, having so much fun at Disney.

HAHAHAHA, that situation at Small World sounds so funny! I can really picture it all happening.

Good idea using bobby pins to keep the lei on your head. Pretty cool you had spare bobby pins! I hope everyone recognized your royal status.

Yeah, I hate that feeling I get when I know I'm too tired to go on but the MK is still open. I'm glad I planned a no-park day for after my MK day on our last trip. Totally worth it.

Oh my gosh, speaking of Santa-guy, at my old work place we met a man that I though would make a great Santa. He was all jovial and had the white beard and everything. After some talking with him, we found out he WAS a Santa!!! We met Santa!

The rest
I've heard many people say that Tokyo DisneySea is probably one of the best parks in the world. I can't wait to visit it one day!

It's probably because I'm Asian, but I see myself visiting ALL of the parks one day. In fact, the next time I'm in HK I plan to buy an Annual Pass (they have so many different tiered ones) and make at least 2 trips to experience absolutely everything. I can't wait to go on the Jungle Cruise for English, Cantonese and Mandarin!

A lot of people that have been to HKDL say it's not worth it, but they're not a huge Disneyparks fan!

Another bit, not sure if you guys know or have talked about it, but ToT in Japan is actually diff from all the other parks because Japanese people simply don't know The Twilight zone so they had to make up another story. It's really cool if you look it up.

Ok, I almost cried when they brought the kids up to join. That is so magical!

hahaha *Rapunzel voice* LONGEST. COMMENT. EVER!!!!!!!!! But I love it!

We flew American. Not my favorite airline tbh, but the planes landed safely so who am I to complain?

You're probably thinking of a different time, I tweet about Boardwalk Empire a lot still haha. But I worked on it for a month and a half in summer 2009, and I don't think I knew you then!

oooh I want a white Stitch! The Christmas Stitch I bought my mom is wearing Christmas pajamas, it's so cute.

10 people, wow that sounds like an awesome trip! I would love to go on a big family trip like that, but it's near impossible with everyone's schedules and such.

Leader of the WDW cult LOLOLOL omg. You are too funny. Well thank you for the compliments, I'm so happy you guys enjoy my writing so much.

I agree - every room location at Pop is a good one because of the shortcuts you can take through the parking lot.

Feel free saving any pics! I don't mind at all. :)

'Ohana is pay one price and your drink comes with the meal so yup it's free for refills!

haha, Kara said the same thing about Pepper Pan!

I don't have Walt's speech on this computer, once I get it off my other one I'll send it to you! It's on youtube though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W8iiugY3C0 :)

Yup, they have Funnel Cake at Sleepy Hollow. They also have huge waffles that you can get with strawberries or chocolate and they have them all day, not just at breakfast time and they are diiiiivine!

No park days are awesome! I love just going to the resorts, DTD, and hanging out.

Oooh I hope you get to go to HKDL soon! I am dying to go to see Toy Story Land. But also I would just love to visit China in general, and now I'm completely obsessed with Japan so Asian culture is kinda my thing right now haha. I can't stop reading Trip Reports from the Asian parks! It's so weird... it's a similar Disney experience... but SO different at the same time!

I did hear that the ToT story is totally different at DisneySea. I WANT TO GO SO BAD I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN. sigh. The RnR story is different at the Disney Studios in Paris, and I saw a walkthrough and I have to say, Disney World's RnR story kicks Paris' butt bigtime!

That parade is really cool. The whole animal float looks like Legends of the Hidden Temple. Amazing. Does it randomly give out free trips to Space Camp?

I'm so glad Hula Timon will soon be back in your life. He seems like such a lovely fellow. I hope to meet him someday. :upsidedow

That parade is really cool. The whole animal float looks like Legends of the Hidden Temple. Amazing. Does it randomly give out free trips to Space Camp?

I'm so glad Hula Timon will soon be back in your life. He seems like such a lovely fellow. I hope to meet him someday. :upsidedow

jkflksdjflsdk SPACE CAMP. I still want to go. I wanted to be on Legends so bad I can't even describe it. HOW HARD IS IT REALLY TO PUT TOGETHER A FREAKING MONKEY. Do you know that I actually looked up the number for Nickelodeon studios and sat on the phone for a really long time waiting and talking to randoms when I was like, 8 or something, because I wanted to find out how you could be on that show, and the last person I got finally told me they were no longer in production? I wanted to die.

I am waiting with bated breath for Hula Timon's arrival.

I have been singing the classic Vera Lynn song (that also happens to be part of my beloved Tower of Terror area loop):

We'll meet again
Don't know where (well it will be at my house)
Don't know when (within 4 to 14 days actually)
But I know we'll meet again
Some sunny day (it probably won't be sunny cause we have been having crap weather but I am installing a heat lamp in my room so Timon will feel more at home and comfortable)

DECEMBER 6, 2011
Day 2, Part 1 In Which There Are No Mickeys Hidden In Disney Greenery

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSLEEEPINGAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA!

Mickey and Stitch called at 8:00 AM. I wanted to get to Hollywood by 9:00 for opening so I was kind of pushing it but I had been SO tired the night before that I decided couldn't get up any earlier than 8... but after that it was time to GET MOVING!!!!!!!!! :stitch:

My mom woke up but said she was just too tired to go to the parks this early. I wasn't surprised, it had been a looong busy arrival day, and she's never been into commandoing early at the parks. I never want her to be tired and unhappy so I just tour alone until she feels rested!

I was out the door by 8:30ish and of course had to wait long for the bus, but it ended up being fine since Hollywood is the closest park to Pop!

I arrived a few minutes after opening and took a few pictures of Hollywood Boulevard. I can not tell you how much I LOVE this park and always have. To me it's just as magical as Magic Kingdom, just in a different way. The architecture here is my favorite ever, and someday I want a house in that kind of style.

6746006225_e2965f9c7e_b.jpg

6746005787_5fbdd78ff9_b.jpg

6746005489_4cb6d95136_b.jpg

I must say, the one disappointing thing was that they were playing Christmas music instead of the usual area music, which was sad because not only is that my FAVORITE area music at Disney, I wasn't in the Christmas spirit yet at all! In fact, most of the Christmas stuff went completely over my head the entire trip. I'm a holiday FREAK, so I normally get super into Christmas right after Thanksgiving, but my mind was really preoccupied obsessing over the upcoming Disney trip, and it just didn't happen. Flying down to a warm climate didn't help at all either, it just didn't *feel* like Christmas...so hearing Christmas music everywhere was odd. I missed my beloved Sunset Boulevard Area Loop and Slow Boat To China!

6746005105_a80401f825_b.jpg

6746004727_be818706e2_b.jpg

My first stop of the day was obviously my obsession Toy Story Midway Mania, aka the reason I get up in the morning.

6746004503_80aeb44356_b.jpg

DEATH BY MONKEYS!!! p.s. You may notice a big dot in some of my pictures. That's because my camera was on its last legs. More on THAT later. But basically no amount of lens wiping off would get rid of it so I just learned to accept it, kind of the way you do when trying to cover a zit before seeing the person you have a crush on.

I have been addicted to TSM since the first time I went on it, but this trip the obsession went over into what Chandler Bing calls "the bad place." If you're not familiar with that Friends episode (?!) then let me use another TV reference and say I'm like the people on the show Intervention only worse, basically. And if you don't get that TV reference, I just can't help you. Anyway, the main thing that fed the monster was that during such low crowd times you can go on TSM over and over in the morning and it just gets more and more addicting.

6746004177_9848277e16_b.jpg

6746003807_9c5520f67b_b.jpg

ONE POTATO, TWO POTATO, THREE POTATO, FOUR. FIVE POTATO, SIX POTATO, YOU'RE GONNA SCORE.

6746003529_7972304f63_b.jpg

This is one of the best queues at WDW. I especially enjoy Andy's drawings!

6746011223_919ca92228_b.jpg

So cute... if only my zit didn't ruin this photo...

One of the awesome things about being solo is that during certain times, they let you skip the end of the line right after you get your 3D glasses, and send you over into the fastpass line! Wooooooooooohoooooo!

6746010831_51584028c9_b.jpg

My first score was pitiful - 111,400! After 18 months of no TSM, I was quite rusty! It didn't matter, though, I had the time of my freaking LIFE just like I always do. You should see how into this ride I get. I scream and yell and jump around and stomp my feet as if I am gambling a lot of money in Vegas or something. I just... lose it. There is almost nothing in life as fun as this ride and I am serious.

I posted on Twitter:
The amount of fun I have as one of Andy's toys playing Midway Mania is insane. No wonder Woody refused to give up on him! <3

Of course, I got right back on! The ride had been about a 10 minute wait the first time, although it said 30. I actually think they just put 30 minutes up there right at opening because it kept saying 30 in the mornings when it was much less. The second time, my wait was about 20 minutes, probably a little less! This time, I got 148,000 points, which is still crap, but at least it was an improvement! My record is 178,500 though so I can clearly do way better! AND ON MY NEXT TRIP I WILL FINALLY CRACK 200,000 -- THAT IS A PROMISE!!!

Whew.

I love Toy Story Mania, you guys. SO MUCH. Ugh.

After the second time, I decided to take a break from the mania and stroll around Hollywood for awhile.

6746010475_3a4329a394_b.jpg

Can you believe I STILL haven't seen the new Muppet movie?

6746010181_a8ebd7be39_b.jpg

6746009823_9506f8e4e6_b.jpg

Goofy, in his Hollywood Finest, was out with Pluto.

6746008975_082f728430_b.jpg

JOIN ME IN THE NEXT POST FOR MORE LIVIN IT UP!

Nearby, they had a red carpet and film set with a director calling out at people to do certain things like they were in a movie.

6746009453_8ff51a643b_b.jpg

People would be walking by, and the director would yell for them to walk down the red carpet, especially kids. It was SO cute to watch! Also.. is it just me, but are there more Citizens of Hollywood/Streetmosphere than ever? I mean, there's always been a lot of it in Hollywood, but this trip I felt like they were everywhere! They were doing such a good job that my mom kept thinking they were really filming something, haha!

So then Goofy and Pluto came by and the director called out to them and they grabbed a group of kids and walked down the carpet with them, and everyone cheered! It was so magical!

6746008649_22b82538d5_z.jpg

6746007511_7c8bd02601_b.jpg

Sorry about the bad pics, I didn't have time to run around and get them from the front, but you can imagine how cute it was!

After that, I decided to head down Sunset. In protest of the Christmas songs, I hummed the Sunset Blvd Area music. LOUDLY. Take that, people in the Holiday spirit!

6746007087_e705b6d531_b.jpg

6746006605_75a3759ea5_b.jpg

6746015269_6d809e0b1d_b.jpg

6746014827_6efd920bd8_b.jpg

6746014399_848724fe95_b.jpg

The wait time for Tower of Terror, my favorite attraction ever, was only ten minutes (as usual :love: ) but I decided to hold out on this until my mom came. Tower of Terror is kind of *our* thing.

I posted this picture on Twitter:
6771844305_8ce125ed88.jpg

With the caption, "I'm home."

SIGH, IT'S JUST SO BEAUTIFUL.

I walked over to another favorite, The Rock N Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith. Sigh. This is my favorite rollercoaster ever. Not only do I love coasters, I love Aerosmith with a flaming, fiery, dirty rock n roll passion. Being on this crazy ride and singing along to the music I love so much while being at my favorite place in the world is one of the best feelings ever in life. Not to mention that the pre-show makes me SO EXCITED every time like it's the first.

I posted on Twitter:
"The show is all the way across town, but we got you a really fast car."

I always get a little chill when she says that line!!!!

"I hate all of you!" Disney, you are perfect. As are you, Illeana Douglas. Going on this ride for the first time each trip is always one of my favorite moments.

6746014093_04e80db42e_b.jpg

The queue/theming/story of this attraction is one of my favorites of all time. I recently read that the one at Disneyland Paris has a totally different story and I hate that! I mean, I appreciate it being unique to each park, but the story at the WDW one is just so perfect... who doesn't want to be personally invited by Steven Tyler to hang out backstage at an Aerosmith concert? THAT'S ONLY LIKE MY DREAM!!! Sidenote: When I was 14, I told Steven Tyler's security guard that I would lick a public toilet seat in order to hang out with Aerosmith. I was not kidding but that did not seem to matter... he did not provide me with a pass, so this attraction is the closest I have ever got to hanging out with Aerosmith...so far, anyway!

6746013757_b5bcec04c4_b.jpg

"Thank you vera much" has always been one of my favorite details... oh Elvis. :love:

6746013477_1e1acefdc8_b.jpg

6746013221_c3ce3bec03_b.jpg

6746012923_6abb90a05b_b.jpg

I can never get good pictures in here, but that valet parking ticket dispenser thing says "SWIPE CARD AND JUST PUSH PAY" which is a reference to Aerosmith's flawless 2001 album, Just Push Play, which happens to be one of my all-time FAVORITES. A lot of people aren't crazy about their newer stuff, but those people are morons so let's move on.

6746012677_c3a3bfa52a_b.jpg

6746012341_f69f9fd978_b.jpg

6746011997_3982b51570_b.jpg

After the Aerosmith concert, I felt it was time to journey to a galaxy far, far away. But that sounded like a long trip to me so I figured I should hydrate before embarking on such an adventure.

I got a Frozen Strawberry Lemonade due to reading about how delish they are in many a TR.

6746011669_90d37b75f5_b.jpg

Do you like my Stitch clutch? I got SO many compliments on it during the whole trip! You can't see it in this pic, but if you turn the clutch around, there is a little Stitch tail. Ahh, it's so cute! I ordered it on Ebay from Hong Kong. They have the coolest merch over there, and in Toyko too! My dream is to visit all the Disney Parks around the world one day, so hopefully I will see for myself and buy 29840912481098098 Hong Kong Dollars worth of merch!

Dissers did not let me down once again -- the frozen lemonade was THE BOMB! And I never say things are THE BOMB because I am not a teenager in 1995 but really it was THE BOMB. Yet another Disney snack addiction was born! I had sooo many of these on the trip! They are delicious and so refreshing!

While I was sitting on the bench enjoying the frozen lemonade, a group of young girls were looking straight down at the ground and walking in circles. It was pretty funny to begin with, but then they got closer to me and I heard their conversation.

"He was lying! There are no Hidden Mickeys!" one girl said.

Another girl said, "YES THERE ARE! I saw one!" she seemed to be the only girl in the group that actually believed they existed. The rest of them seemed annoyed, but continued to look anyway. It was so hilarious because I think we all know there are hardly any Hidden Mickeys on the ground and the ones that are there are kind of obvious (like on the manhole covers), I mean you wouldn't have to STARE AT THE GROUND for ages to find them like when you have to search murals or something. It was too funny.

These are the moments I hate being solo -- when something hilarious happens and there is no one to turn to and crack up with. It's the main reason why I'll probably never take another solo trip. It's just not as fun.

What happened next literally made me burst out laughing right in front of them: one of the girls went over to a bush and started looking in it. For a Hidden Mickey. A bush! :rotfl: Like, she was pushing branches out of the way and really LOOKING IN THE BUSH FOR A HIDDEN MICKEY. She then examined the dirt around it and called her friends over to help her. I was in tears!

At this point, I had to intervene. They were all kind of ganging up on the one believer and I felt bad. She was never going to prove that Hidden Mickeys existed by looking in a bush. I became obsessed with Hidden Mickeys years ago, and so I thought I'd share some of my knowledge.

"Hey, there ARE Hidden Mickeys!" I said. They all stopped dead and said "WHERE?!" at the same time.

I explained that they were all over the place, but that there were hardly any on the ground and they certainly wouldn't find them in the bushes or the dirt. I said they were mostly found in the attractions and resorts and that there were different types. I told them about the silhouette Mickeys, full bodied Mickeys, the ones that are just three circles, and so on. I also informed them of the fact that there are hidden Minnies and Donalds and more, and that it was a whole other really fun element to Walt Disney World that most people don't know about.

They were stunned.

"REALLY?!?!"

"Yeah. There are books about it and everything, they sell one at a lot of stores here called the Hidden Mickey Guide. But you can just google it, hundreds of them are listed online."

Then, a whole lot of googling commenced as they pulled out their phones. The girl who had believed all along said, "I TOLD YOU GUYS" about 10 times. I told her about a few specific nearby HMs, pointing them in the direction of the Great Movie Ride, which houses a few especially great ones (including a Hidden Minnie that I have never been able to find but am DYING to!).

They seemed into it and it was really cute. They had gone from bratty pre-teens who seemed like they thought they were a little too cool for Disney World to excited kids again. I was happy my endless Disney knowledge helped others to Live It Up!

Up Next: The event that caused me to separate my life into two parts: the time before I ate a Starring Rolls cupcake, and the time after I ate a Starring Rolls cupcake.​

do you remember what song you heard on the rockin roller coaster? I think mine was Sweet Emotion, does that make sense? I only really heard it at the one part where you kind of slow down and you can see around you a bit. I started singing along and then we were off again!

I agree that Hollywood is such a magical place. My appreciation has increased by 5 million percent after last trip. I just love it so much!

Okay, I TOTALLY said the same thing about the holiday music in Epcot! Now, don't get me wrong I love Christmas Music... but I MISSED MY INNOVENTIONS LOOP. I was really disappointed that I didn't get to hear it at all. It just sets such a tone for the area.

I'm glad I'm not the only psychotic one who revolves their lives around TSM. :rotfl: Seriously I think the more you play it the more addicting it becomes. My obsession was getting unhealthy. It sounds like yours was too. :laughing:

And yeah I definitely go a little crazy. I always scream at the screen "BREAK THOSE PLATES!!!!" or anything relating to whatever scene I'm in. Can you imagine the two of us on that ride together? We'd probably injure someone. Seriously.

You'll break 200,000 next time! I know you will! The only times I ever broke it though was when I was on INTENSE adrenaline. Once right before the park closed (that was my best!) and once when the park JUST opened and there was no line. Ah I can't wait to tell all about that part of my TR. I'll probably get to those updates in like... August. LOL but really.

YOU NEED TO SEE THE MUPPET MOVIE!!!!!!!!! My appreciation for them went through the roof.

Oh my gosh that stitch clutch is really adorable!! I bet all of the merch from Hong Kong and Tokyo is so awesome. It's a whole new style to us, Americans!

HAHAHA I am so glad you told those girls about Hidden Mickeys. I would have been DYING if I heard that conversation. Like... I think they just expected them to pop up out of the ground! :lmao:

Yay thanks for the update! Can't wait for more! (and to hear about STARRING ROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:)

EYEROLL. I guess they think that she will bring in young fans who maybe wouldn't be interested in seeing Les Mis otherwise? I can understand it as a business decision, but not on any other level.

Oh man, Everwood sounds awesome. I love Chris Pratt.

The first season of the OC is so good that it breaks my heart and ruins my life every single time I watch it. I LOVE season 2, though. I know a lot of people don't but it's still magical to me. Season 3 is a sin, but there are still some amazing moments that make it worth it. Season 4 is just an entirely new show. I love Season 4 in its own way, but nothing will ever be as good as the beginning. Especially b/c I was in 8th grade at the time and nothing is ever as big of a deal as it is when you are 14. Ah, those were the days!

I've never watched Friday Night Lights but I've literally not heard one bad thing about it. I'll get around to it one of these days. Right now I want to catch up on Grey's Anatomy b/c they are doing a "what if" episode and I LOVE when shows do that.

It's just such a silly decision because the one thing that Les Mis, the longest running Broadway show, is missing is overly invested fans who will come and see everything and pay exorbitant amounts of money.

Chris Pratt is kind of, well, a prat in Everwood but his name is Bright in the show so it's kind of understandable. Who names their kid Bright?? I was thinking of doing a masterpost and then megaupload was taken from me (RIP megaupload and mediafire and like half the places I visit on the internet. It's just not faaaair).

And most importantly: COUGAR TOWN SEASON 3, FEBRUARY 14th!!! Thank goodness my boyfriend scheduled our Valentine's Day activities (seeing Cirque du Soleil) early or I... would have been very conflicted. And maybe thought for a few minutes before just setting the DVR. But it all works out! PENNY CAN FOR EVERYONE.

And this guy on my TV again:

cougartown_wine.gif

He understands me.

Other Disney parks are super fun! And cruises! I mean, going to Disney World is neat and everything but Disney makes up all sorts of easy excuses to go elsewhere. I have to become reading-fluent (that sounds really stupid but whatever) in French and I'm TOTALLY turning that into a trip to EuroDisney (Disneyland Paris? whichever. Rebranding confuses me).

You should do Disneyland December 2012. Because that is a totally awesome time to go to Disneyland (and the San Diego Zoo. PANDAS). I keep peeking at Disneyland pictures because I have no self control but I will definitely not, in NO WAY, look at any pictures of the holiday overlays. I need surprises!! Though, judging by flickr, Disneyland is a magical place where characters are every three feet and do really fun things with you at all possible times so I really need to lower my expectations a tad.

Also, changing the Small World queue at Disney World totally threw me off more than anything. Small World is flawless, no need to change ANYTHING in there, especially something that will make me lost entering a roped area.

DHS is my least favorite; like, there are good parts but overall it needs some sort of cohesive theme. It's so close but just not quite. And it gets way crowded really quickly due to the narrowness of everything. I just want to fix it every time I go in there.

The new Muppet movie is really good though! Bret McKenzie (of Flight of the Concords and Lord of the Rings fame) did a lot of the music and it's really noticeable. And it's meta in a good way!

Good thing for 14-year-old you that public toilet seats are usually quite clean!

But really 'hidden Mickey' is kind of a misnomer because a lot of them aren't very hidden and it's much more scavenger hunt/spy-y than they really are. Like, if you relax and pay attention then BAM Hidden Mickey. Or maybe my years of I Spy and Where's Waldo? obsessions finally paid off and I'm just super good at finding them?? Are they supposed to be difficult?

do you remember what song you heard on the rockin roller coaster? I think mine was Sweet Emotion, does that make sense? I only really heard it at the one part where you kind of slow down and you can see around you a bit. I started singing along and then we were off again!

I can't remember what it was that specific time, cause I went on so many times during the trip. I do remember, however, that a few days later I kept getting Young Lust OVER and over! I couldn't shake that song!

I agree that Hollywood is such a magical place. My appreciation has increased by 5 million percent after last trip. I just love it so much!

Okay, I TOTALLY said the same thing about the holiday music in Epcot! Now, don't get me wrong I love Christmas Music... but I MISSED MY INNOVENTIONS LOOP. I was really disappointed that I didn't get to hear it at all. It just sets such a tone for the area.

I'm glad I'm not the only psychotic one who revolves their lives around TSM. :rotfl: Seriously I think the more you play it the more addicting it becomes. My obsession was getting unhealthy. It sounds like yours was too. :laughing:

And yeah I definitely go a little crazy. I always scream at the screen "BREAK THOSE PLATES!!!!" or anything relating to whatever scene I'm in. Can you imagine the two of us on that ride together? We'd probably injure someone. Seriously.

You'll break 200,000 next time! I know you will! The only times I ever broke it though was when I was on INTENSE adrenaline. Once right before the park closed (that was my best!) and once when the park JUST opened and there was no line. Ah I can't wait to tell all about that part of my TR. I'll probably get to those updates in like... August. LOL but really.

YOU NEED TO SEE THE MUPPET MOVIE!!!!!!!!! My appreciation for them went through the roof.

Oh my gosh that stitch clutch is really adorable!! I bet all of the merch from Hong Kong and Tokyo is so awesome. It's a whole new style to us, Americans!

HAHAHA I am so glad you told those girls about Hidden Mickeys. I would have been DYING if I heard that conversation. Like... I think they just expected them to pop up out of the ground! :lmao:

Yay thanks for the update! Can't wait for more! (and to hear about STARRING ROLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:)

OH MAN I MISSED THE INNOVENTIONS LOOP SO MUCH TOO I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU. I listen to that all the time at home and it never ever fails to put me in a better mood. It was just weird not hearing it.

I can't even imagine how much worse my TSM addiction would be now if I went to Disney as much as you did last year. I mean, I only had that one ten day trip and I was ready to check myself into rehab.

AHH THE PLATE BREAKING ONE IS MY FAVE and also the one I rock the most at, if I do say so myself! And yes, there is lots of screaming involved.

The merch overseas is so cool because they don't really do the whole "slap a mickey head and a castle on something and sell it" thing as much as they do here. Also, in Japan they just have an obsession with cute things, like cartoon animals advertise most products even when they're not for kids, so they're really inventive when they bring Disney characters into that!

Oh I was totally cracking up at them! I will never forget that... when the girl started searching the bush I could hardly get a breath.

It's just such a silly decision because the one thing that Les Mis, the longest running Broadway show, is missing is overly invested fans who will come and see everything and pay exorbitant amounts of money.

Chris Pratt is kind of, well, a prat in Everwood but his name is Bright in the show so it's kind of understandable. Who names their kid Bright?? I was thinking of doing a masterpost and then megaupload was taken from me (RIP megaupload and mediafire and like half the places I visit on the internet. It's just not faaaair).

And most importantly: COUGAR TOWN SEASON 3, FEBRUARY 14th!!! Thank goodness my boyfriend scheduled our Valentine's Day activities (seeing Cirque du Soleil) early or I... would have been very conflicted. And maybe thought for a few minutes before just setting the DVR. But it all works out! PENNY CAN FOR EVERYONE.

And this guy on my TV again:

cougartown_wine.gif

He understands me.

Other Disney parks are super fun! And cruises! I mean, going to Disney World is neat and everything but Disney makes up all sorts of easy excuses to go elsewhere. I have to become reading-fluent (that sounds really stupid but whatever) in French and I'm TOTALLY turning that into a trip to EuroDisney (Disneyland Paris? whichever. Rebranding confuses me).

You should do Disneyland December 2012. Because that is a totally awesome time to go to Disneyland (and the San Diego Zoo. PANDAS). I keep peeking at Disneyland pictures because I have no self control but I will definitely not, in NO WAY, look at any pictures of the holiday overlays. I need surprises!! Though, judging by flickr, Disneyland is a magical place where characters are every three feet and do really fun things with you at all possible times so I really need to lower my expectations a tad.

Also, changing the Small World queue at Disney World totally threw me off more than anything. Small World is flawless, no need to change ANYTHING in there, especially something that will make me lost entering a roped area.

DHS is my least favorite; like, there are good parts but overall it needs some sort of cohesive theme. It's so close but just not quite. And it gets way crowded really quickly due to the narrowness of everything. I just want to fix it every time I go in there.

The new Muppet movie is really good though! Bret McKenzie (of Flight of the Concords and Lord of the Rings fame) did a lot of the music and it's really noticeable. And it's meta in a good way!

Good thing for 14-year-old you that public toilet seats are usually quite clean!

But really 'hidden Mickey' is kind of a misnomer because a lot of them aren't very hidden and it's much more scavenger hunt/spy-y than they really are. Like, if you relax and pay attention then BAM Hidden Mickey. Or maybe my years of I Spy and Where's Waldo? obsessions finally paid off and I'm just super good at finding them?? Are they supposed to be difficult?

AHHH!!! COUGAR TOWN! I'm so excited, I literally clapped when I heard the news. As for me, Ellie is kind of my spirit animal.

tumblr_lhe4xxztIM1qbykdco1_500.png

Love her. Also I'm kind of excited for Laurie and Travis to happen and I know that skeeves some people out but I don't care at all THEY ARE CUTE and I think Jules will be able to accept it.

Ooooh I hope you get to go to France soon, that would be so wonderful! I want to go so bad. As for Disneyland, I don't want my first Disneyland experience to be around Christmas because of all the things that change, but I am SO excited about seeing the Nightmare themed stuff. I've loved that movie forever and they don't feature it at Disney World for some TERRIBLE REASON.

Ahh I totally have to disagree with you on DHS. I think the theme is so perfectly done! The Hollywood that never was and always will be... sigh. As for the crowds, I never go around busy times so I haven't experienced that, but the Osborne lights did get a little crazy.

I'm excited to see the Muppet Movie, I just didn't have time during the holidays, but I can't wait!

I agree that most of the Mickeys are not that hidden, but there are a lot that ARE hard to find, especially because when you're moving on a ride you don't have that much time to look. I've never found the Tinkerbell in Frontierland or that Minnie on the Great Movie ride (SHE ELUDES ME EVERY TIME!). There's a hidden Mickey & Donald on the GMR that I actually JUST found once and for all on this trip. I was so excited! But more on that another time!

I LOVE Hollywood Studios, it is every bit as magical as the Magic Kingdom! I don't get the people that say it's boring, and the only thing to do there is ride TSM. It is SO much fun, the buildings are so beautiful! I love the music loops there too, I kind of miss the music during the holidays. I was in desperate need of holiday magic on my trip in December though, so I was happy to hear Christmas music. In Epcot, though, it's strange to walk in and not hear "Legacy" playing. :confused3

HAHAHA, OMG the Friends where Chandler says "the bad place" was on today! All the best Friends episodes are on right now, the earlier ones where Monica and Richard are together, and Rachel and Ross. "Hi, I'm Chandler, could I BE wearing anymore clothes?" :rotfl2: Ahhh, I love that episode!

Moving on, TSM is so much fun! I still have yet to go through the actual standby queue, we always use FP's. I really have to suck it up and wait one day so I can see all the cute little details in it.

OMG Rock N Rollercoaster, I love that ride so much! It's weird, I've always liked Aerosmith, but now, when I hear an Aerosmith song on the radio or on my Ipod, I think I'm hearing Disney music! :rotfl:

Did you watch Six Feet Under? Because Illeana Douglas was on it for a couple of episodes and her character was just SO disgusting. So I have a hard time seeing her in a Disney attraction!

Where did you get that Frozen Strawberry Lemonade?? That sounds fantastic!

"Monica, I think you've gone to the bad place". :lmao:

You crack me up saying that you would lick a public toilet seat to see Aerosmith. Absolutely hilarious.

You WILL break 200,000 points on your next visit to TSM. I just know it. You can do it! ;)

There are no hidden Mickeys?! Get out! That's too funny. You're right, the one downfall is not having someone to turn to when something is funny. It's like you turn, look......and nothing comes out.

AHHH!!! COUGAR TOWN! I'm so excited, I literally clapped when I heard the news. As for me, Ellie is kind of my spirit animal.

tumblr_lhe4xxztIM1qbykdco1_500.png

Love her. Also I'm kind of excited for Laurie and Travis to happen and I know that skeeves some people out but I don't care at all THEY ARE CUTE and I think Jules will be able to accept it.

Ooooh I hope you get to go to France soon, that would be so wonderful! I want to go so bad. As for Disneyland, I don't want my first Disneyland experience to be around Christmas because of all the things that change, but I am SO excited about seeing the Nightmare themed stuff. I've loved that movie forever and they don't feature it at Disney World for some TERRIBLE REASON.

Ahh I totally have to disagree with you on DHS. I think the theme is so perfectly done! The Hollywood that never was and always will be... sigh. As for the crowds, I never go around busy times so I haven't experienced that, but the Osborne lights did get a little crazy.

I'm excited to see the Muppet Movie, I just didn't have time during the holidays, but I can't wait!

I agree that most of the Mickeys are not that hidden, but there are a lot that ARE hard to find, especially because when you're moving on a ride you don't have that much time to look. I've never found the Tinkerbell in Frontierland or that Minnie on the Great Movie ride (SHE ELUDES ME EVERY TIME!). There's a hidden Mickey & Donald on the GMR that I actually JUST found once and for all on this trip. I was so excited! But more on that another time!

I loooooved when Ellie took down the wine bar owner. Like together, they were perfect but her going after him for being mean to Jules was AMAZING. And Travis just looks old (like, older than 19) to me and well, it's Laurie! Basically: GET IT, TRAVIS. (Though I wouldn't say no to Smith again because I too love it when guys have first name last names and last name first names)

I've actually never seen Nightmare! I don't know, Halloween's never been a thing for me. But claymation is! So I'm going with laziness. :rotfl: I don't think that many things change, mostly just Small World or Haunted Mansion. And really we just want to go and stay in the Disneyland Hotel. I am hoping that we don't get spoiled for a holiday decorated parks (if we like it so much we want to go back), but that week in mid-December is our favorite time to take a vacation so we'll have to risk it. The regular fireworks show is supposed to be spectacular so we'll have to take at least one non-holiday trip!

I wish the sections on the other parks were a little more active - it's so hard to find up-to-date comprehensive information on the other ones! How am I supposed to convince people to come with me?? I think we'll try DLP before TokyoDisney - as awesome as it looks, I could survive in Paris with my language skills. My Japanese is completely non-existant and I don't want to be that tourist! And what's the point of going to Japan if you don't get to see some of the sights (besides the gorgeous Disney hotels. Seriously, why don't we have a version of the Ambassador here?!)?

I like parts of Hollywood Studios - going up to Tower of Terror is brilliant! But so much has been stripped - liking the working studio part which was such an awesome idea - and nothing has really been put in? I know the building of the park was rushed and sometimes it really shows. Like, expand the Indy Jones part! Or Star Wars! Or Muppets! There were all these really great ideas that were put forth at one point and then.. they never came to be. A little more depth would be nice (the same thing could be said for Animal Kingdom, but they've got tigers and the theming there is, overall, impeccable IMO. And tigers win over everything - especially toilet paper trees (is that still in DHS?)! But seriously the Muppets Studios part would have been so much fun). Also, my Hunchback show is gone. And I'm not really sure how to get over that one.

Someone did point out the GMR Minnie to me once, so I don't think that counts. :rolleyes: I should get a list because I realized I have no idea what my Hidden Mickey percentage is. I actually may be terrible!

I LOVE Hollywood Studios, it is every bit as magical as the Magic Kingdom! I don't get the people that say it's boring, and the only thing to do there is ride TSM. It is SO much fun, the buildings are so beautiful! I love the music loops there too, I kind of miss the music during the holidays. I was in desperate need of holiday magic on my trip in December though, so I was happy to hear Christmas music. In Epcot, though, it's strange to walk in and not hear "Legacy" playing. :confused3

HAHAHA, OMG the Friends where Chandler says "the bad place" was on today! All the best Friends episodes are on right now, the earlier ones where Monica and Richard are together, and Rachel and Ross. "Hi, I'm Chandler, could I BE wearing anymore clothes?" :rotfl2: Ahhh, I love that episode!

Moving on, TSM is so much fun! I still have yet to go through the actual standby queue, we always use FP's. I really have to suck it up and wait one day so I can see all the cute little details in it.

OMG Rock N Rollercoaster, I love that ride so much! It's weird, I've always liked Aerosmith, but now, when I hear an Aerosmith song on the radio or on my Ipod, I think I'm hearing Disney music! :rotfl:

Did you watch Six Feet Under? Because Illeana Douglas was on it for a couple of episodes and her character was just SO disgusting. So I have a hard time seeing her in a Disney attraction!

Where did you get that Frozen Strawberry Lemonade?? That sounds fantastic!

I'm so glad you share my Hollywood Studios love! I hate when people say it's boring. I just can't...fathom how that could be. I need to give walking tours of it so I can share my obsession with others!!

That is seriously one of my all-time favorite episodes. It is just so priceless. Any episode where the six of them are all together (as opposed to 3 separate storylines) is just amazing, but that one is especially hilarious.

I love TSM so much that I don't even mind waiting in the standby line LOL. and I never wait on lines more than like 10-15 minutes, but it's worth it to me. Then again, I go at low crowd times so it's never listed as more than 60 minutes, and I know if it says 60 it's really 40.

Yeah, even though I've been obsessed with Aerosmith forever, certain songs immediately bring me back to the RnR, especially Love in an Elevator. I love when that song plays during the ride as Love in a Rollercoaster and the "GOOOOING DOOOOOOOWN" part plays right before a drop. SO AWESOME.

I have been meaning to watch Six Feet Under for YEARS! Illeana's such a good actress too, she has had such a varied career. But she'll always be Aerosmith's manager in my heart! haha

I got it at a cart right off of Hollywood Blvd! I've heard there are other places at the parks to get them but I didn't see any. Also, you can buy Minute Maid Frozen Lemonade at the grocery store, but they don't have the strawberry, and it's just not the same!

"Monica, I think you've gone to the bad place". :lmao:

You crack me up saying that you would lick a public toilet seat to see Aerosmith. Absolutely hilarious.

You WILL break 200,000 points on your next visit to TSM. I just know it. You can do it! ;)

There are no hidden Mickeys?! Get out! That's too funny. You're right, the one downfall is not having someone to turn to when something is funny. It's like you turn, look......and nothing comes out.

YAY I love that people are getting my Friends reference!! :laughing:

Let me be clear: when I was 14, I 100% would have done that to hang with Aerosmith without a second thought. These days, I'm a little more terrified of germs and paranoid. Ah, growing up!

Thank you! I know I can do it too, mainly because I will not leave until it happens. Security will have to forcibly remove me and then probably ask me not to return to the park, so then I'll have to show up in a disguise and basically, it's going to be an ordeal but I AM GOING TO CRACK 200,000.

I loooooved when Ellie took down the wine bar owner. Like together, they were perfect but her going after him for being mean to Jules was AMAZING. And Travis just looks old (like, older than 19) to me and well, it's Laurie! Basically: GET IT, TRAVIS. (Though I wouldn't say no to Smith again because I too love it when guys have first name last names and last name first names)

I've actually never seen Nightmare! I don't know, Halloween's never been a thing for me. But claymation is! So I'm going with laziness. :rotfl: I don't think that many things change, mostly just Small World or Haunted Mansion. And really we just want to go and stay in the Disneyland Hotel. I am hoping that we don't get spoiled for a holiday decorated parks (if we like it so much we want to go back), but that week in mid-December is our favorite time to take a vacation so we'll have to risk it. The regular fireworks show is supposed to be spectacular so we'll have to take at least one non-holiday trip!

I wish the sections on the other parks were a little more active - it's so hard to find up-to-date comprehensive information on the other ones! How am I supposed to convince people to come with me?? I think we'll try DLP before TokyoDisney - as awesome as it looks, I could survive in Paris with my language skills. My Japanese is completely non-existant and I don't want to be that tourist! And what's the point of going to Japan if you don't get to see some of the sights (besides the gorgeous Disney hotels. Seriously, why don't we have a version of the Ambassador here?!)?

I like parts of Hollywood Studios - going up to Tower of Terror is brilliant! But so much has been stripped - liking the working studio part which was such an awesome idea - and nothing has really been put in? I know the building of the park was rushed and sometimes it really shows. Like, expand the Indy Jones part! Or Star Wars! Or Muppets! There were all these really great ideas that were put forth at one point and then.. they never came to be. A little more depth would be nice (the same thing could be said for Animal Kingdom, but they've got tigers and the theming there is, overall, impeccable IMO. And tigers win over everything - especially toilet paper trees (is that still in DHS?)! But seriously the Muppets Studios part would have been so much fun). Also, my Hunchback show is gone. And I'm not really sure how to get over that one.

Someone did point out the GMR Minnie to me once, so I don't think that counts. :rolleyes: I should get a list because I realized I have no idea what my Hidden Mickey percentage is. I actually may be terrible!

YES I just love the Jules/Ellie friendship so much. I mean, I love all the friendships but that is undoubtedly the best.

You really need to watch Nightmare!! It's such a staple of my childhood and as I got older I appreciated it for so many other reasons. It's just amazing and I really don't know why there is no celebration of it at Disney World!

The Disneyland Hotel looks so classic Disney and beautiful. I would love to stay there so much! I would probably have to do a split stay though because the Grand Californian just looks divine.

There is a lot of info about the International parks if you dig around a bit, though I agree, I wish there were some international, english speaking dissers that could post about them more!

I agree there are a lot of parts of DHS that are underdeveloped. Like why is Sounds Dangerous just sitting there. They did something with it during the end of December so I don't understand why it can't just be a whole attraction already. Another thing is, I hate that American Idol is there SO MUCH. I will be so happy when that is changed. I agree Muppet Studios would have been AMAZING and I'm still holding out hope, especially with the new Muppet Movie.

I'm honestly jealous that you have seen the Minnie even though you didn't find it yourself. For some reason I refuse to ask a CM to show it to me. Every single time I go I search and search that mural and I never ever find it! This has been going on for like... 8 years or something. It's just sad!

I've never gone to a park alone...what's it like? I feel like I'd be lonely, but then again you can do everything at your pace and do what you want, when you want to. I guess I wouldn't mind doing a park solo for some of the time, but not all day and all trip.

Love your obsession with the theme park music. I feel the exact same with the music..especially the music at Wilderness Lodge and Innoventions. When I was there in early December I definitely missed my music!

Tower of Terror is my mom and mine's thing too. So fun. Also love TSM and RnRC! Disney does have the best ride dialogue. =) Looking forward to more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter