This doesn’t sound good (EMH going away?)

No it was a regular reservation. I had read on the theme park boards that this was happening a lot so I wasn’t surprised & I admittedly didn’t volunteer the info. And did they fee go up? Someone just said $33/night, but it was $24/night in Nov. I also thought that I had read that they weren’t allowing ppl to park in resorts like Poly & CR without hotel reservations since they implemented the parking fee. I’m going to have to look that up & see what I read.

$33 was the new fee for Valet Prking

checked again this morning, the "glitch" still isn't fixed.

I wonder if i was fed a line of BS or not.

Not free, included in the very high hotel cost:flower:

Agreed, which is why I do not think the fee has anything to do with revenue. Disney could have simply increased the room rate and no one would have singled our "parking". I firmly believe the fee is to discourage renting vehicles and to encourage as many guests as possible to use DME. I think DIsney wants to trap peole on property to capture as muc of the vacation dollar as possible. It's what I would do. Offer dining plans to on site guests, add "free" transportation to and from MCO, and implement a penalty to those who do not play along.

checked again this morning, the "glitch" still isn't fixed.

I wonder if i was fed a line of BS or not.
Can you tell us more about your problem? The second onsite stay window not opening if you have 2 stays within 60 days was fixed on Friday. There's a whole thread on TPAS. Can you check again?

Agreed, which is why I do not think the fee has anything to do with revenue. Disney could have simply increased the room rate and no one would have singled our "parking". I firmly believe the fee is to discourage renting vehicles and to encourage as many guests as possible to use DME. I think DIsney wants to trap peole on property to capture as muc of the vacation dollar as possible. It's what I would do. Offer dining plans to on site guests, add "free" transportation to and from MCO, and implement a penalty to those who do not play along.

I do think you are 100% right about Disney wanting to trap people on property. I just think it is so unfair to locals/people within driving distance who have no choice but to drive. Parking at the parks is included in the cost of an AP, they could have easily included resort parking with an AP too. We never drive to Disney as it would take us 24 hours to get there if we drove non stop.
We do plan on renting a car for our September trip for the fist time ever but we are staying on dvc points so we won't have to pay.

As someone who almost never drives (one time in 20+ trips simply because we drove to Tampa one evening to watch the Blackhawks play), I’m glad they didn’t raise the rates (more than normal) to include it.

Sometimes we have a car, sometimes we don’t. I don’t like the new parking fee, even though we don’t pay it since we mostly stay in a DVC room or offsite with no parking fee. It increases the overall cost of staying onsite when there doesn’t seem to be a scarcity of parking spaces. We use a car service with an included grocery store stop when flying and staying at the Dolphin. It is a stress free way to solve the transportation, parking and grocery issues.

That is part of it, but another part is they have an aging infrastructure and reducing traffic on the roads will help them last longer without major repairs.

I do think you are 100% right about Disney wanting to trap people on property. I just think it is so unfair to locals/people within driving distance who have no choice but to drive. Parking at the parks is included in the cost of an AP, they could have easily included resort parking with an AP too. We never drive to Disney as it would take us 24 hours to get there if we drove non stop.
We do plan on renting a car for our September trip for the fist time ever but we are staying on dvc points so we won't have to pay.

I aslo do not drive in WDW but this fee is the one that I dislike the most.

That is part of it, but another part is they have an aging infrastructure and reducing traffic on the roads will help them last longer without major repairs.

But free parking at Disney Springs (where traffic is the worst) and free parking for those not staying at the resorts. Makes sense. And resort parkers still get free parking at the parks so they're still insentivising the ones who drive not to use included transportation. Makes sense.

Can you tell us more about your problem? The second onsite stay window not opening if you have 2 stays within 60 days was fixed on Friday. There's a whole thread on TPAS. Can you check again?

It was? that's interesting, because when i checked this weekend I was still having a problem.

In short this is what's happening:
We are staying off site starting this Wednesday and running through Saturday. Fast passes for Wed-Sat are booked.
Return trip in June and staying at Pop, we were only able to book fast passes for 3 days, because we had 4 already booked.
I emailed Disney and someone in Guest relations informed me of the glitch, but then was able to book my fast passes for me. They noted that on Thursday if i looked i woudn't be seeing the same message on my account. However I still am.

I just checked again and still have the same issue. I'll check wednesday after we burn through those fast passes to see if it'll free up a day.

It was? that's interesting, because when i checked this weekend I was still having a problem.

In short this is what's happening:
We are staying off site starting this Wednesday and running through Saturday. Fast passes for Wed-Sat are booked.
Return trip in June and staying at Pop, we were only able to book fast passes for 3 days, because we had 4 already booked.
I emailed Disney and someone in Guest relations informed me of the glitch, but then was able to book my fast passes for me. They noted that on Thursday if i looked i woudn't be seeing the same message on my account. However I still am.
Ah, yeah, you have FPs not associated with an onsite stay. That has not changed. You got a really nice CM, most just say that if you have any offsite stays, you are limited to 7 days of FPs. He/she may have thought your Weds-Sat stay was onsite. Even if you have one day of FPs booked that is not associated with an onsite stay, the system has always limited to 7 days of FPs total.

They did fix a huge problem where guests with multiple onsite stays could not get their 60-day FP window to open for their second (and third, if there was one) onsite stay.

Ah, yeah, you have FPs not associated with an onsite stay. That has not changed. You got a really nice CM, most just say that if you have any offsite stays, you are limited to 7 days of FPs. He/she may have thought your Weds-Sat stay was onsite. Even if you have one day of FPs booked that is not associated with an onsite stay, the system has always limited to 7 days of FPs total.

They did fix a huge problem where guests with multiple onsite stays could not get their 60-day FP window to open for their second (and third, if there was one) onsite stay.

That's interesting, because i asked that question specifically, and 3 different CM said it had nothing to do with the offsite stay.

But good to know.

That's interesting, because i asked that question specifically, and 3 different CM said it had nothing to do with the offsite stay.

But good to know.
Yup, the CM training has been sub par. When the 60-day window wasn't opening, we heard all kinds of explanations from the CMs that were not correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter