This doesn’t sound good (EMH going away?)

I don't know - but would that really upset that many people ? I would be more upset if I couldn't buy a churro
yes, I'll be very upset. I don't give a crap about SWGE but I want to see Mickeys Runaway Railway. We won't be coming back for 3-4 years and that is the one ride I was so looking forward to.
If I have to battle the crowds to get into HS while in there in September I at least want to be able to see something new.

May have something to do with paying for each fast pass you get in the future?

Maybe it will develop into a system like Universal, based on the hotel you choose. If you stay at the Grand Floridian, you will never wait in line. If you stay at the All-Star, it will be much more limited.

Well since we can obviously speculate anything based on that original post, how about this one:
Disney has changed their mind slightly on smoking beginning May 1st, not only will it be banned from the parks, but there will be no smoking anywhere on Disney property and if you bring tobacco, cigarettes, vaping devices, etc. on property, they will be promptly confiscated and destroyed in front of you.

That would upset a lot of people, not me personally, but a lot of people.

Well since we can obviously speculate anything based on that original post, how about this one:
Disney has changed their mind slightly on smoking beginning May 1st, not only will it be banned from the parks, but there will be no smoking anywhere on Disney property and if you bring tobacco, cigarettes, vaping devices, etc. on property, they will be promptly confiscated and destroyed in front of you.

That would upset a lot of people, not me personally, but a lot of people.
Yeah I don’t think that’s it...

yes, I'll be very upset. I don't give a crap about SWGE but I want to see Mickeys Runaway Railway. We won't be coming back for 3-4 years and that is the one ride I was so looking forward to.
If I have to battle the crowds to get into HS while in there in September I at least want to be able to see something new.

Understood, totally - I just think that based on his tone it would be a lot more "serious" - maybe the equivalent of an entire section being delayed - (Pandora, SWGE) or maybe the Illuminations replacement not being ready until 2022

Understood, totally - I just think that based on his tone it would be a lot more "serious" - maybe the equivalent of an entire section being delayed - (Pandora, SWGE) or maybe the Illuminations replacement not being ready until 2022
I would hope that if it was of serious interest he would have explained or deleted his alarm post by now.

Last edited:

So....no update? My guess is that it is either the paid fast pass (or tiered by resort category like universal) or end of free dining all together. Really, at this point I'd be more surprised if they kept free dining than if they got rid of it.

So....no update? My guess is that it is either the paid fast pass (or tiered by resort category like universal) or end of free dining all together. Really, at this point I'd be more surprised if they kept free dining than if they got rid of it.
I don't think they'd announce there never doing free dining again though. It would just never roll out as an offer. There's no need to talk about that now when it's already been released for this year. It sounds like something else.

I don't think they'd announce there never doing free dining again though. It would just never roll out as an offer. There's no need to talk about that now when it's already been released for this year. It sounds like something else.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect that to be something they would say. No free dining next year, maybe, but most people probably dont expect there to be free dining next year.

Maybe it will develop into a system like Universal, based on the hotel you choose. If you stay at the Grand Floridian, you will never wait in line. If you stay at the All-Star, it will be much more limited.
If they do this, I hope it doesn't start till January 2020 so people have enough warning.

Could it be something related to Evening Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom? I mention this because if you look at Kenny's calendar for October, the Wednesday 2 hour evening EMH has been replaced with a 1 hour morning EMH. And, it's not just once due to a special occasion.

Last edited:
Could it be something related to Evening Extra Magic Hours at Magic Kingdom? I mention this because if you look at Kenny's calendar for October, the Wednesday 2 hour evening EMH has been replaced with a 1 hour morning EMH. And, it's not just once due to a special occasion.
Oh wow... Disney’s website is showing this for the first Wednesday in October. Not cool.

Could be anything from paying for ME (which has been rumored every so often since the parking fees), lack of free FP (to all or some), changes to EMH, etc. I guess we will just have to wait and see. One thing I figure is that they are taking something complimentary and attaching a price to it, since that’s what causes the most commotion.

Could be anything from paying for ME (which has been rumored every so often since the parking fees), lack of free FP (to all or some), changes to EMH, etc. I guess we will just have to wait and see. One thing I figure is that they are taking something complimentary and attaching a price to it, since that’s what causes the most commotion.
Paying for DME would give people more ability to go off property so I don’t see that happening.

Paying for DME would give people more ability to go off property so I don’t see that happening.

Maybe, maybe not. They have discouraged bringing cars by putting the parking fee in place, so even of there was a nominal fee for ME, if it’s less than the parking fee, people will probably pay to use it, complaining all the while. Besides, with Uber and Lyft, people are free to go off properly any time they want with complimentary ME.

I am not saying it will happen, just that when it comes to rumors, nothing is off the table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!