Third Trip of a Lifetime!...2 TR and a PTR for the price of one!

I think you can start packing :)

I also love to prepare for the trip - it's half the fun for me (and the kids!) We get out our park maps (old ones, the ones you order online, whatever we can get our hands on) and map out where we want to go and what we want to do. I never make a hard plan for the parks, but I always find out something new from the kids and then I make sure we do that.

We also make a construction paper "chain" with each link being one day before we leave. We have a lot of fun making it together and then tearing it apart in the days before we leave (we usually tear 2 links every 2 days so each of the kids can tear a link at the same time). I LOVE it when the chain is just a couple of links!

And do you have that Disney box/bag that you keep all year round??? We keep our old rain ponchos, light up items, pins, extras, whatever and we are always checking it out and then writing down what else we need to get (we need more light up sticks! we need koolaid/crystal light drink mixes! - oh, food is ANOTHER box/bag!) I swear, every Friday or Saturday night, the kids and I pop in a Disney movie and pull out our Disney stuff. I can't believe my DH doesn't have me committed but I am SOOO happy when I think about Disney. :banana:

I hate it when work gets in the way of hanging out on the DIS. I hope to post more of our Oct 2007 trip tonight because I really want to get to the December 2008 trip :banana:

Today I did my errands and ended up buying some toiletries and stuff for the trip. I also got those Purex 3 in 1 laundry sheets at Target. They are on sale if anyone is interested. I did not bring laundry soap last trip and was shocked and appalled at the price of laundry soap :eek:. I saw these today and figured they would be very suitcase friendly. One thing that I was not able to find was the travel pack of Clorox wipes for my germphobia. I actually may just pack one of the big round containers as I wipe down everything in the room!

I did go clothes shopping but was not impressed by anything. Maybe a few t-shirts I may go back and get. The one thing I learned from our December trip is the art of clothes layering for unpredictable Florida weather, although it is no different here in Chicago these days. :rolleyes: It is freezing in the morning and evening but warm during the day.

Thanks for all the responses and sharing my trip with me :hug:

^^^ tell me about it, I wish I could Dis when I am at work, esp when there is nothing to do but twiddle your thumbs or try and find work to do.

Can't wait to read more :)

So the next day we headed back to the MK to try and snag a walk in BBB appointment! We were told to go in right after they open and see about any open slots and sure enough they had one for later that morning so we went off and rode a few attractions, caught the Dream along with Mickey show and then headed to BBB for our appointment. Breezy was so disappointed when we had to cancel our initial appointment due to her illness so we were really excited to be able to get her transformation, especially since we were having dinner at 1900 Park Faire that evening.:goodvibes

The Fairy Godmothers in training were so wonderful. They engage your child and make the experience all that much more special. Here are some pics from our visit....

IMG_4879-1.jpg

IMG_4880.jpg

So we had some time before dinner so we continued touring in the park and even went for a swim! Yep, that is right :eek: I let her swim with her new wonderful hairdo, but with the amount of gel they used, I figured it would stay that way for a month! :lmao:

IMG_4895.jpg

We let Breezy get her hairwrapped at the Poly prior to our BBB appointment so that is why she has the wonderful "tail" with her BBB do! After swimming we went back to the room to get in ready for dinner at 1900 Park Faire. When she put on that gown it was like she transformed into a real princess. It was so cute and funny. We loved how she kept looking at herself in the mirror.

Up next....dinner at 1900 Park Faire at the GF!

Dinner at 1900 PF....what a grand experience. At first our TA could not get us an appointment because they were closed for refurb but opened right before we arrived which was such a bonus. Breezy loves Cinderella and I had heard good things about the dinner. The step-sisters are a blast! I really think they are the reason to go to this meal. I love the way they scream at each other from across the room and then asked DD if she wanted to be their new maid :rotfl: They even somewhat insulted her dress :eek:

Our server was a not so great and forgot about us for a while but I don't let that stuff bother me. I have to say that this evening the meal the wonderful. The food was delicious and the desserts were devine. Sadly a year later when we went in December, it was not half as good. I am not quite sure why such a contrast, but the experience is great nonetheless, especially if you can't snag a sneak of Cindy at the castle for a meal! :thumbsup2 DD just loved the GF!
IMG_4899-1.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4903-1.jpg

After dinner we rolled ourselves back to the Poly via the walkway between the resorts which is an experience in itself! We were half way through our trip and were having a fabulous time. So far we had been to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot that one day. We spent a lot of time at the pool and in all honesty had no interest to try any of the other parks as we were having such a nice time going to the MK and hanging out at the Poly. Other than our ADRs we had no plan and it was working for us. Afterall, it was our vacation and we were having a wonderful time!:goodvibes The greatest thing was that I was experiencing Disney for the first time with my little girl and it was truly special :love:

The next morning we were having breakfast in the Castle and then our unexpected last minute plans turned out to be the best part of our trip!! Stay tuned for that part of the story!!!! popcorn::

I love the pictures of the stepsisters! I would love to do this character meal even if my daughter didn't (but she'd love it too :). I honestly had no idea how cool a character meal could be until we tried Akershus and wow! I may have been more excited than the kids! Thanks for the pics!

Great update :) Breezy sure makes a pretty princess in blue :)

1900 PF pics are really nice, love the prince one :)

Looking forward to reading about CRT :)

Yesterday we cleaned out our attic, basements, closets and playroom! :crazy2: We are having a yard sale next weekend. In reality, I just need to get rid of the surplus in our house but we are deeming the profits as Breezy's Disney Fun Money. She does have a lot of her toys that she is no longer interested in for sale and I have some of her clothing but usually pass most outgrown clothing down to her cousin, my neice.

Yes, the money we do earn will go to Disney, but it is not my intention to refill my house either with Disney souviners (maybe just a few;)). We usually do a sale about every three years. One year we made $700, the last time we made about $130! So who knows what will happen this year. What we do not sell will get donated. So bottom line, it will be the family Disney fun money ;)

Now I feel like my house is dirty! Pulling all those dusty boxes down and moving things from this place to that place...Oh well, the dirt will have to stay for now. It is Labor Day and I need a day of rest :cloud9:

While in our attic I happened bring down the suitcases so I can start airing them out :rolleyes1 I also put aside our trypical Disney packing stuff like ponchos, umbrella and so forth. I could have sworn I saw DH roll his eyes :rolleyes: but I pretended to ignore it! :laughing:

I also pulled out DDs Disney box that has her pin lanyard and pressed penny book. She has her "stuff" put aside as well for our trip. She is quickly becoming part of the obsessive Disney Trip planners, junior edition! :lmao:

So next up in our Oct 2007 TR will be breakfast at CRT and then our last minute plans that turned out to be the trip maker :banana:

I love the pictures of the stepsisters! I would love to do this character meal even if my daughter didn't (but she'd love it too :). I honestly had no idea how cool a character meal could be until we tried Akershus and wow! I may have been more excited than the kids! Thanks for the pics!

I love the meals too! I too get really excited. As you will see in our next trip that DD started to grow tired of waiting for the characters after a while. Of course I self admittedly over did the chararcter meals, but still would not change a thing!

Great update :) Breezy sure makes a pretty princess in blue :)

1900 PF pics are really nice, love the prince one :)

Looking forward to reading about CRT :)

Thanks :flower3: She looks so young ih these pics compared to now.

CRT will be my next review and obviously one of my families favorite considering we keep going back every visit despite the not-so-great reviews. I just feel like a trip to Disney is not complete without a meal in the castle :wizard:

We are going to try CRT next year. We haven't tried the last two times we have visited, the first there was absolutely so availability and the second was the food didn't look to appetising. But I think we really need to try this as like you say, how can you visit Disney and not eat at the castle.

I had to laugh when you said you bought the suitcases out to air. I think I would be the same, I am an obsessive planner, so much so I have started planning our third trip a year in advance. I have been inspired by your PTR/TR Recap and am thinking about doing one myself nearer the time.

I hope you have a good sale :)

Happy Labour Day :)

The next morning we headed to the Magic Kingdom for breakfast in the castle! I think I was more excited than Breezy!:banana: She wanted to wear her Cinderella gown again which was fine but she wanted me to do her hair like they did at BBB :scared1: Well, I tried my best and the results were not all that bad.

It was great to walk down Main Street with my princess. A lot of CMs stopped to say hello to her and tell her how lovely she looked! We checked in and were brought right in to meet Cindy herself. I loved the detail in that room! If you have not been there, make sure you really look around as look at all the detailing. Then we got to climb the staircase and we were finally in the beautiful dining room. Even DH seemed excited by the experience.

I forgot to mention that this trip was a celebration of our ten year wedding anniversary and DH getting his MBA. At every meal there was some little celebration like a cupcake or confetti shaped into a heart at the Crystal Palace. Well at CRT we were given beautiful wine flutes! It was a truly unexpected special gift! :lovestruc Our waiter made DH and I feel just as special as he did DD. The meal was your average standard breakfast served family style, eggs, fruit and so forth. But we were there for the experience more than anything:thumbsup2 The princesses were nice, but DD just saw them at Akarhaus a few days before but was gracious nonetheless and happy to see them again!

IMG_4918.jpg

IMG_4929.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

It was a wonderful experience...after breakfast we decided to get the picture taken at emporium that we were supposed to do after BBB but no one told us?? Oh well...off we went for some pretty pics

Aww how sweet that you got flutes, lovely magical Disney touch :)

CRT looks really cool, which would you recommend, breakfast, lunch or dinner?

Aww how sweet that you got flutes, lovely magical Disney touch :)

CRT looks really cool, which would you recommend, breakfast, lunch or dinner?

We have done breakfast and dinner and I have to say I preferred breakfast, not so much for the food, but the princesses. The Dinner with the Fairy Godmother and the Mice were fun but the princesses seemed more magical to us. :wizard:

I have never been to CRT. The kids really want to go 'up' in the castle and I'd love to do CRT. Are there different characters there for breakfast vs. dinner? Did you get a professional photo and does it come with the package (like Akershus) or does it cost extra? And one more question :) Did you get into MK before it opened? I think that would be a big draw for me to go for breakfast!
Thanks!!

I have never been to CRT. The kids really want to go 'up' in the castle and I'd love to do CRT. Are there different characters there for breakfast vs. dinner? Did you get a professional photo and does it come with the package (like Akershus) or does it cost extra? And one more question :) Did you get into MK before it opened? I think that would be a big draw for me to go for breakfast!
Thanks!!

For all meals you meet Cinderella in the lobby and get a pic taken prior to going up stairs to the dining room. The photograph is included with the meal. :thumbsup2

Breakfast and lunch has the princesses. Usually it is Jasmine, Snow White and Aurora (sleeping beauty) and Belle in her blue dress. Yes, we were in the park before it opened and it was wonderful! I was in such awe that I did not take any pictures...oh well.:confused3

Dinner is the Fairy Godmother and the mice. It was a fun show and the Fairy Godmother is quite funny. If you are doing Akerhaus for breakfast than dinner might be something to try.

I have never used dining credits for CRT because I do not think it was worth two of them, but then again it is just the three of us.

Personally I think a meal at CRT is something everyone should try just once! :goodvibes

For all meals you meet Cinderella in the lobby and get a pic taken prior to going up stairs to the dining room. The photograph is included with the meal. :thumbsup2

Breakfast and lunch has the princesses. Usually it is Jasmine, Snow White and Aurora (sleeping beauty) and Belle in her blue dress. Yes, we were in the park before it opened and it was wonderful! I was in such awe that I did not take any pictures...oh well.:confused3

Dinner is the Fairy Godmother and the mice. It was a fun show and the Fairy Godmother is quite funny. If you are doing Akerhaus for breakfast than dinner might be something to try.

I have never used dining credits for CRT because I do not think it was worth two of them, but then again it is just the three of us.

Personally I think a meal at CRT is something everyone should try just once! :goodvibes

Thanks for the info!!

We have done breakfast and dinner and I have to say I preferred breakfast, not so much for the food, but the princesses. The Dinner with the Fairy Godmother and the Mice were fun but the princesses seemed more magical to us. :wizard:

Thanx for that :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more popcorn::

So I have been getting things together all week for this yard sale that is driving me crazy. I should be cleaning my house but here I am typing on the lap top...I am such a slacker!!!

Well anyways, I am so excited to hear that the TTA is open again. We love to take little breaks on the TTA. While I will miss SM while we were there, we rode it a dozen times in December so I won't miss it too much. Besides, SM rattled my brain :headache:. DD loves it though and since I am the desiginated ride partner due to DH vertigo issues, I am obligated!

This morning I took DDs change jar to the bank to cash it out because it was overflowing and whatever "she" makes at the yard sale for her toys and so forth will go for a Disney "credit card" as she calls it. No more Disney Dollars for her :sad2: She wants a credit card, aka gift card. I am ok with this because we lost a $20 Disney Dollar bill last trip. I think it was stuck to another bill but I will never know, I just know we were $20 short at some point:mad: After the sale tomorrow we are heading to the mall to buy her credit cards with her sale money and change jar money! I have been impressed with her ambition to save up her own spending money for this trip. :thumbsup2

Finally the Spirit Halloween store opened this week so Breezy wants to go find her Pirate costume to wear to MNSSHP. I also got a coupon e-mailed today which was a bonus. So I am sure after school today she will be begging to go. The costume really is the last thing I need to get.

I plan on buying some t-shirts for myself before we go too, but I am not too worried. After two trips of bringing WAY TOO much clothing for all of us, Ithink I have finally learned how to pack for Disney, espcially since I mastered the Poly laundry room last visit. A couple loads of laundry during pool time will work just fine!

Ok, well up next was our surprising last minute plans that turned out to be the highlight of our October 2007 trip and we say our goodbyes to Disney!

After breakfast at CRT we decided to get some pics taken at the Emporium. We should have done it the day before after our BBB appointment, but another rookie mistake of not knowing about it. We decided to walk over there on the way out of the park and see if there was a line. There was NO ONE waiting so we had some pics taken. They are cute...
image36.jpg

image21.jpg

image38.jpg

The hairwrap still cracks me up! We made sure for our next trip we did BBB before the hairwrap! These were all on our photopass CD that we bought. I will tell you in my humble opinion that I think most photopass photos are not good, as a matter of fact, we decided against getting one for our Dec trip because I took plenty of pics. That being said, I will probably buy one for our upcoming trip with the photo album. The prepaid deal. This time I will upload all my favorite personal pics as well.

Bottom line, if money is tight...spend it on something else. There are lots of people that will take pics for you with your camera and even the CM's will take pics of your family. You might encounter a few that say no, but keep trying...most will.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter