Things that other adults do that annoy you

:rotfl2:NO! (sorry cat lovers)

I am a dog person. But I have now seen two small dogs be mauled due to horrible dog owners allowing their dogs off their leash. And it is so rude and unsanitary to allow dogs in public chairs/grocery carts.

And I agree with you on the electronics use. My SIL can't believe people allow kids to have ipads in restaurants. As long as they have headphones on, I say GO FOR IT! Enjoy a quiet meal and let your kids be entertained. Everybody wins.
I've often had the opposite problem. I have a pit bull. When I take her in public, like for walks on the trail or dog friendly events, it's always a little yip yip stupid dog running up to mine being all stupid and barky. My dog is usually really good about it, but I do have her wear a basket type muzzle (she can still eat and drink) because I know she could hurt a smaller dog if provoked, and she'd be the one to pay the price.

People mispronouncing my surname when I've just told them what it is. It happens a LOT. My surname is McCanaan

People: Mrs McCannon?
Me : It's McKaynan, Like the land of Canaan in the bible.
People: Oh, McCannon
Me: (Silently) Please don't correct me on how to pronounce my own surname

I've often had the opposite problem. I have a pit bull. When I take her in public, like for walks on the trail or dog friendly events, it's always a little yip yip stupid dog running up to mine being all stupid and barky. My dog is usually really good about it, but I do have her wear a basket type muzzle (she can still eat and drink) because I know she could hurt a smaller dog if provoked, and she'd be the one to pay the price.
You are a good dog owner. And sometimes the owners of those little yip yips are the worst. Imagine if your dog was a reactive dog? And a leash-less small dog provoked it?

I feel badly for pet owners that do their best to make sure everyone is safe. It takes just one bad owner to throw off that balance.

People mispronouncing my surname when I've just told them what it is. It happens a LOT. My surname is McCanaan

People: Mrs McCannon?
Me : It's McKaynan, Like the land of Canaan in the bible.
People: Oh, McCannon
Me: (Silently) Please don't correct me on how to pronounce my own surname
Lol at this!
Server: Are there any allergies we should be aware of?
Husband: Yes, I am allergic to crustaceans
Server: Shellfish
Husband: No, I am allergic to crustaceans. Lobster, shrimp, and crab. I can eat scallops, clams, oysters...
Server: I see. Shellfish.
Husband: I will have the scallops
*********"
Five minutes later
Chef: Sir, you have ordered the scallops, but I see you have a shellfish allergy!

Lol at this!
Server: Are there any allergies we should be aware of?
Husband: Yes, I am allergic to crustaceans
Server: Shellfish
Husband: No, I am allergic to crustaceans. Lobster, shrimp, and crab. I can eat scallops, clams, oysters...
Server: I see. Shellfish.
Husband: I will have the scallops
*********"
Five minutes later
Chef: Sir, you have ordered the scallops, but I see you have a shellfish allergy!
:confused3Um, since you’ve apparently run into several servers who don’t know what crustaceans are, why put yourself through the hassle? Simply say you’re allergic to lobster, shrimp and crab and the problem should be solved.

:confused3Um, since you’ve apparently run into several servers who don’t know what crustaceans are, why put yourself through the hassle? Simply say you’re allergic to lobster, shrimp and crab and the problem should be solved.
Yeah, the problem is that he'll say, lobster shrimp and crab, and the server will correct him to shellfish. He's at least gotten to the zen state of "yep, shellfish allergy", if he's ordering a burger or something.

Issue is giving accurate info about oneself and being "corrected" (then treated like a giant moron who is purposely ordering the very substance one claims to be allergic to!)

He did accidentally eat some crayfish a few months ago...

Know-it-alls. You don't know everything, so stop being so condescending. Especially when something hasn't even launched yet.

:rolleyes1 genie plus ... just sayin'

REPLYING ALL TO AN E MAIL!! When a general e mail goes out at work and the IDIOTS feel the need to reply all instead of replying to the person one to one. I work in an organization of over 500 people. When a general congratulations or even a general information goes out WHY do people feel the need to thank or congratulate and let the whole world know they did it. I just cleaned out 50 'good luck on your new born' emails today!!! If you do this, send a personal one to one email no one gets extra points for letting the whole organization know that you acknowledged the event. It's like these people are standing there holding a sign saying look how great I am!!!

REPLYING ALL TO AN E MAIL!! When a general e mail goes out at work and the IDIOTS feel the need to reply all instead of replying to the person one to one. I work in an organization of over 500 people. When a general congratulations or even a general information goes out WHY do people feel the need to thank or congratulate and let the whole world know they did it. I just cleaned out 50 'good luck on your new born' emails today!!! If you do this, send a personal one to one email no one gets extra points for letting the whole organization know that you acknowledged the event. It's like these people are standing there holding a sign saying look how great I am!!!

LOL Many years ago, at a healthcare org I worked at, a mass email went out from ONE individual. Well lo and behold, an employee replied ALL and she must have meant to only respond and send to a co worker friend. Long story short, she was terminated and another mass email went out about behavior, and being courteous etc. along with an explanation of how "reponding to email" works. IT was a memorable event!!!

use mobility scooters when they don’t need them

use handicap spots when v they don’t need them

chew noisily

forget to hold the door open for the people behind them.

LOL Many years ago, at a healthcare org I worked at, a mass email went out from ONE individual. Well lo and behold, an employee replied ALL and she must have meant to only respond and send to a co worker friend. Long story short, she was terminated and another mass email went out about behavior, and being courteous etc. along with an explanation of how "reponding to email" works. IT was a memorable event!!!
But was it unintentional??? LOL. You would think people would LEARN but they do not.

Just about everything that has been posted.

I don't think I saw chewing food with their mouth open.......
OMG how could I ever forget chewing with your mouth open. My sister once broke up with a guy who could have been the love of her life because he chewed with his mouth open!! I LOVE this thread.

ETA people who allow their typical older children to ride in the grocery carriage at places like Costco and Walmart etc. I am not talking about a 5 year old, but rather a 7-12 year old. ( I am also not talking about kids with disabilities). In our part of the country and I think I saw this in Fla too, parents let their pre-teens and older SIT in the grocery cart. The other day I saw some "cute" 20 something riding in a carriage at Walmart being pushed by her boyfriend, and they stopped the cart every once in a while to kiss. So sweet, huh? Bad enough kids are addicted to video games which arrest intellectual development, now the parents further contribute to their downfall by causing their legs to atrophy by not making them walk around (this is hyperbole I do not think the legs will actually atrophy but, no one is going to win an Olympic Marathon sitting in a grocery cart)

Last edited:
Skinny people complaining how fat they are to a fat person. You should legally be able to smack that person up side the head for that. LOL People who get offended over nothing just for the sake of being offended. I think these people think that they have some kind of moral high ground to make others "look bad". People telling others that they can not express their opinion because it differs from theirs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!