Things that make me shake my head!

Well, I'm not suggesting you pull food out of the bottom of the trash can and eat it or eat things covered in snot rags or spoiled food. I'm just saying this PARTICULAR poptart looks unharmed still on the plate on the very top of a clean trash bag. Doesn't look nasty to me! At the very most I might break off the part that is off the plate but that's it.

Well, I'm not suggesting you pull food out of the bottom of the trash can and eat it or eat things covered in snot rags or spoiled food. I'm just saying this PARTICULAR poptart looks unharmed still on the plate on the very top of a clean trash bag. Doesn't look nasty to me! At the very most I might break off the part that is off the plate but that's it.

I can't believe that you even need to ask why. Eating food out of a garbage can is just plain nasty. First, because the liner is not food safe, even if it is brand new. Second, because the can itself is not clean. And third, I throw all kinds of stuff in my garbage can because (get this) IT'S GARBAGE! That includes spoiled food, Kleenex with boogers and paper towels used to clean up dog vomit. And believe it or not, I don't sanitize the can after I change the liner.

Bolding mine. Even if the bag appears clean, the can is not and the liner was probably not a clean seal between any other grossness that had been in the can and leaked/hung around and the food. So just because you don't SEE snot or spoiled food, there is very real potential for those contaminants to be on the food just from being in there.

I might pull it out and feed it to my golden retriver... actually, no, I wouldn't even do that (though she probably eats more disgusting things off the ground). I'm with Marionnette, I can't believe this has to be explained. :scared1:

Calm down all... I was just joking about taking it out of the trash can, I would never do so... I just thought you Budget Boarders would get a kick out of it...

Maybe you could impose a fine of 15 cents for future trashed poptarts? That's about what one costs.

Maybe in Texas... In Hawaii it's about $5.00 for a box of 8 so that works out to about $.62 each... It really doesn't bother me that much... Definitely not as bad as the time when they were helping put away the groceries and put $40 worth of t-bone steaks in the cupboard! :crazy2: They are only 6 and 8 so ya just gotta laugh sometimes!

WOW 5 bucks for a box of pop tarts! Thats crazy! They are something like $1.98 at walmart, here in ohio.

I'm also trying to figure out why it is on a paper plate - sorry - just one of those things I don't understand and we are on the budget board :sad2:

Did you find out why it was tossed and not eaten?

What's wrong with paper plates? Was she supposed to break out the fine china for a pop tart?

I can't believe that you even need to ask why. Eating food out of a garbage can is just plain nasty. First, because the liner is not food safe, even if it is brand new. Second, because the can itself is not clean. And third, I throw all kinds of stuff in my garbage can because (get this) IT'S GARBAGE! That includes spoiled food, Kleenex with boogers and paper towels used to clean up dog vomit. And believe it or not, I don't sanitize the can after I change the liner.

I cannot believe that I even need to point any of that out.

I feel like I need to vomit.

No kidding. Blech.

Even when we were poor as church mice, I never ever considered taking food out of the trash can. :sick:

What's with the head shakey smiley about paper plates? We use them at least a couple times a week. No muss, no fuss when we want a fast clean up.

:confused3 Sorry I just don't follow your line of thinking. Even if the trash can and liner look clean...they are NOT! There was raw chicken in my trash can last night but it has a nice new liner in it this morning and 'looks' clean but that does not mean that salmonella is still not floating around in that can. Sorry, but I am not digging uneaten anything out of our trash with the expectation of anyone eating.

I'm only admitting this since no one on here really knows me but I would totally eat that or not feel bad giving it to my kids out of the trash can like that. For one thing its still on the plate, it doesn't look like its touched other trash or had gross things spilled on it. The trash bag looks new. What's the big deal :confused3

I agree. For goodness sake the bag is clean, it's still on the plate, was probably just dropped there and it's in your own home, own family. Some people on here act like you'd be scavaging other people's garbage to feed your kids:rotfl: What child of "anybody" has not dropped something on your own kitchen floor and picked it up and ate it (where all the family has been walking with their germy shoes). :confused3 This looks much cleaner than that. I would not even care if someone knew I did that, not the way this picture looks. Then these same people are the very ones I probably see letting their little ones ride in carts with seats and handles being one of the "germiest" (probably not a word :laughing:) things I know of and they're eating or putting their hands in their mouths - grosses me out. A lot of them don't even bother with the sani wipes available, or if they do don't wipe every wire on the front of the cart that kiddies touch. :rolleyes1

I cannot believe that I even need to point any of that out.

I feel like I need to vomit.

Everyone doesn't keep a filthy trash can in their kitchen - I for one keep mine sanitized with Lysol (also PP samanella (sp) doesn't "float around") This appears to be a clean bag, clean trash can, and the food hasn't even touched the "clean" bag (she seems to have seen it happen and grabbed her camera). Your garbage can sounds like it should be kept in the garage - dog vomit - now that's a clencher. I sanitize everything around our house - guess I'm germ phobic, but we're seldom sick so something must be working (knock on wood;) But to each their own :thumbsup2

Everyone doesn't keep a filthy trash can in their kitchen - I for one keep mine sanitized with Lysol (also PP samanella (sp) doesn't "float around") This appears to be a clean bag, clean trash can, and the food hasn't even touched the "clean" bag (she seems to have seen it happen and grabbed her camera). Your garbage can sounds like it should be kept in the garage - dog vomit - now that's a clencher. I sanitize everything around our house - guess I'm germ phobic, but we're seldom sick so something must be working (knock on wood;) But to each their own :thumbsup2

I take our kitchen and bathroom trash cans outside every Sunday and scrub them with hot water and bleach, I also spray them with Lysol every time I change the bag (daily, sometimes twice a day) and wipe the sides down with a Clorox wipe...that said, it is still the dang GARBAGE can! It hold GARBAGE and eating out of it is just plan nasty! It's a Poptart...they cost a quarter but even if it were a lobster, I would NOT be fishing it out of the trash for anyone in my home to eat. Sorry, no matter how frugal, budget minded, whatever, I draw the line at eating food out of the trash!

OMG...my whole family likely would have fought over that one pop tart in the garbage can!! :lmao:

I love pop tarts but only buy them once every couple of years because of their not so nice ingredients...and I would probably eat the entire box before anyone got home. Same reason I cannot buy Oreos. My poor, deprived kids!

I'm sorry but that is so grosssssss. Just because it looks "unharmed" does not mean it has not come into contact with other germs. Do you pick food up off the floor and eat it??

Seriously, you don't know what has been in that trash can and whether the bag is clean looking or not does not mean it is. :sick::sick:

It's a GARBAGE can, not a wastepaper basket.

Geez! I'm surely not going to leave dog vomit in the kitchen can all day! But I'm also not going to walk all the way into the garage with a nasty, gross paper towel. I grab the kitchen can, drag it to the location, clean up the mess and take the bag out to the garage can.

But I still don't sanitize the can after every bag change. And we're rarely sick, so maybe it has more to do with handwashing and NOT EATING OUT OF A GARBAGE CAN, than it has to do with what's been tossed in said can or how long it's been since the can in question has been washed.

I'm sorry but that is so grosssssss. Just because it looks "unharmed" does not mean it has not come into contact with other germs. Do you pick food up off the floor and eat it??

Seriously, you don't know what has been in that trash can and whether the bag is clean looking or not does not mean it is. :sick::sick:

5 second rule? Of course, it only applies to junk food, not fruit or veggies!! ;)

I agree. For goodness sake the bag is clean, it's still on the plate, was probably just dropped there and it's in your own home, own family. Some people on here act like you'd be scavaging other people's garbage to feed your kids:rotfl: What child of "anybody" has not dropped something on your own kitchen floor and picked it up and ate it (where all the family has been walking with their germy shoes). :confused3 This looks much cleaner than that. I would not even care if someone knew I did that, not the way this picture looks. Then these same people are the very ones I probably see letting their little ones ride in carts with seats and handles being one of the "germiest" (probably not a word :laughing:) things I know of and they're eating or putting their hands in their mouths - grosses me out. A lot of them don't even bother with the sani wipes available, or if they do don't wipe every wire on the front of the cart that kiddies touch. :rolleyes1

I'm sorry but my kids do NOT eat food off the floor anywhere. As for carts, they are wiped down and when infants/toddlers I had a cart cover. My kids even wash their hands after basketball/soccer and before touching food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter