They have received the estoppel letter

Johnandrandi

Earning My Ears
The title company has received the estoppel letter, five days ago, but still haven’t received closing docs 😭 I know I am being inpatient, just have 320 points that will expire July 31. Everyday that goes by is another day where things are completely booking up

do they let you know when the estoppel letter is received? We passed ROFR on a sale May7th and wondering the timeline till we get closing docs.... I so hope that you can get those points and use them before they expire!!!!

do they let you know when the estoppel letter is received? We passed ROFR on a sale May7th and wondering the timeline till we get closing docs.... I so hope that you can get those points and use them before they expire!!!!
I emailed them last Wednesday to ask 😁 (I’ve probably been so annoying) we passed ROFR on May 3. So hopefully you’re not too far behind us.

I emailed them last Wednesday to ask 😁 (I’ve probably been so annoying) we passed ROFR on May 3. So hopefully you’re not too far behind us.
I may email at end of week. We have one that we are selling and one that we are in process of hopefully buying! so many dates swirling.....

Honestly I would be following up 1-2 times a day.

I would just remind them of the expiring points and that after it's closed Disney still takes their time so the longer it takes the more likely you lose all those points.

They should easily be able to tell you if the closing docs were mailed or the other party is responding.

The title company has received the estoppel letter, five days ago, but still haven’t received closing docs 😭 I know I am being inpatient, just have 320 points that will expire July 31. Everyday that goes by is another day where things are completely booking up
My resale company has taken over communication with the title company so I don't have a clue if Disney is dragging their feet or the resale company for the closing docs. I guess if they had kept their $79 fee, maybe they'd be different. Now, I feel like they are obstructing information to justify reinstating the 'concierge fee".

You don’t even know who your title agent is? What?

I had fantastic experiences with multiple title agents with Mason, who were quite responsive to things like this.

You don’t even know who your title agent is? What?

I had fantastic experiences with multiple title agents with Mason, who were quite responsive to things like this.
Magic Vacation Titile and they told me they do not notify people when they receive the estoppel.

I got closing docs 10 days after I passed ROFR. I made sure to ask the name of my title agent during the ROFR wait. This is whom I am primarily communicating with at this stage until they get my money. Then I will hound the broker if they got the seller’s signature if there is a hold up. It’s a dance I tell you. Then back to the title to see if it’s recorded. Again, not everyday, but once in awhile if not going according to my expected projected timeline.

Last edited:
We did not get notified when the estoppel letter was received. We heard as soon as we passed ROFR, then got the documents to sign about 10 days later. That was with First American Title w/ DVC Resale.

My resale company has taken over communication with the title company so I don't have a clue if Disney is dragging their feet or the resale company for the closing docs. I guess if they had kept their $79 fee, maybe they'd be different. Now, I feel like they are obstructing information to justify reinstating the 'concierge fee".
Magic Vacation Titile and they told me they do not notify people when they receive the estoppel.

About this concierge thing... I made the offer some days before this new concierge fee but today I received an e-mail from the title company asking me to check the information they received for my contract in order to prepare the closing docs. Some minutes later I receive an email from the broker, very polite, mentioning the following steps and the team that would take care of closing and everything. I noticed that an e-mail account copied was something concierge... wonder if my contract is part of the concierge thing... for free, because there wasn't any fee indicated for payment at closing. Hope it speeds things up a bit. I have a reservation for March to make asap.
I sent an e-mail to Magic Vacation Title asking about estoppel, but have not received any answer yet.

About this concierge thing... I made the offer some days before this new concierge fee but today I received an e-mail from the title company asking me to check the information they received for my contract in order to prepare the closing docs. Some minutes later I receive an email from the broker, very polite, mentioning the following steps and the team that would take care of closing and everything. I noticed that an e-mail account copied was something concierge... wonder if my contract is part of the concierge thing... for free, because there wasn't any fee indicated for payment at closing. Hope it speeds things up a bit. I have a reservation for March to make asap.
I sent an e-mail to Magic Vacation Title asking about estoppel, but have not received any answer yet.
I received the same e-mail and am liking the communication so far. I also asked about estoppel and was told they have not received it yet (passed ROFR 10 days ago) and that they'll send closing docs as soon as they received it.

I received the same e-mail and am liking the communication so far. I also asked about estoppel and was told they have not received it yet (passed ROFR 10 days ago) and that they'll send closing docs as soon as they received it.
I must have made an offer right before the "concierge" thing started, because I did not get this and we are closing now. I wish I had. We've had a bunch of errors - mostly on the part of the Title company (wrong names on tax forms, in emails) and the points and UY on are deed were wrong (not sure who's fault that is). Its added like a week to the process.

I would have been willing to pay a small amount to avoid all of that, although not sure if it was avoidable by DVC resale.

YOU are the one paying the Title company so if you want to talk with them then that should be fine. If DVC Resale Market is blocking that then shame on them.

I must have made an offer right before the "concierge" thing started, because I did not get this and we are closing now. I wish I had. We've had a bunch of errors - mostly on the part of the Title company (wrong names on tax forms, in emails) and the points and UY on are deed were wrong (not sure who's fault that is). Its added like a week to the process.

I would have been willing to pay a small amount to avoid all of that, although not sure if it was avoidable by DVC resale.

DVC Resale market still wouldn't be preparing the documents. That has to be the title company and any and all real estate transactions can end up with errors that you need to correct.

I do get where DVC Resale Market thinks they can find a place to charge a new fee but they're already getting paid to do all of this. If they are failing then they aren't earning their high commissions that they charge.

They didn’t actively notify me when they received estoppel either. But they were very prompt in replying to my emails when I inquired about estoppel. I wouldn’t hesitate to email them!

Experiences with resale is so different for people.
My first resale contract this year took 5 weeks from ROFR before I got closing documents! (Mason)
My broker told me the estoppel came 1 week after ROFR.

I emailed Mason for my Fidelity contract last night to see of the seller had signed the documents and found out we are closing today on one of my smaller contracts. YAY!

Still no idea on the big contract with DVC Resale Market and MV Title.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter