There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gang! Just wanted to share..... I just signed up for the Princess Half Marathon in February. :scared1:

My first race over a 5k ever......Excited to be heading back to WDW!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Checking in next Friday for 2 nights YC CL!!! Can't wait for a relaxing weekend at the pool!! Pixie dust for good weather!!!

Can anyone confirm the reports that Cape May really isn't offering crab legs anymore? Someone had told me that today so I decided to search the boards and sure enough I saw a thread about it. We have a reservation there in 4 weeks and I definitely do not want to keep it if they have been removed from the buffet menu. TIA!

Not true. Just texted one of my co-workers who ran over and talked to the chef. Crab legs are there now and there is no plans for removing them.

Hello! For anyone who may have stayed in a BCV studio, I have a quick question regarding the coffee maker. My understanding is that the machine is a 4-cup drip style?

I have a bunch of single-serving coffee pods (leftover from our trip to CBR when we had the Cuisinart machine) and was thinking about using 2 pods per pot rather than bringing a pound of ground coffee and filters in our luggage.

DH & I would be staying on points so we would not be getting daily replenishments of the in-room coffee packets.

Thank you for your help!

TeenaS said:
Not true. Just texted one of my co-workers who ran over and talked to the chef. Crab legs are there now and there is no plans for removing them.

Whew! Thank you for the info. I'm looking forward to this dinner!

Thanks. Do you guys feel it's worth the price difference to stay here as opposed to WL?

Having stayed at all three (BC, WL, and AKL), I have to say that it depends. In my experience, BC rooms are larger and the beds are more comfy. There is also a graciousness to the lobby. Here's an example: walking in from the rain at BC, we found baskets of towels in the entry way for us to use on our wet selves. Lovely. There are real towels in the restrooms off the lobby. I think YC has cold water available with little plastic cups in their lobby. Not sure about BC. These little touches remind me of other really nice hotels like Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC.

By contrast, AKL and WL are all about the theme. The rooms are fine just slightly smaller than BC. BUT, they have bunk beds, which our DDs really like. The lobbies are magnificent. The WL has the boat to MK and the lakefront location. AKL transports you to Africa. An experience in itself. And, the dining at AKL is, IMHO, the best on property besides maybe GF.

I don't know if I've helped you at all. These are my three fave resorts. We've stayed at WL twice, AKL twice and are coming to BC for the second time in late Sept., having originally booked WL. The pool debacle changed our plans for us. I would stay at any of them again in a heartbeat. If you love EPCOT, BC can't be beaten.

No matter which you choose, I think you'd be happy. But, yes, there is a difference. Whether it's worth it or not is a personal choice.

Having stayed at all three (BC, WL, and AKL), I have to say that it depends. In my experience, BC rooms are larger and the beds are more comfy. There is also a graciousness to the lobby. Here's an example: walking in from the rain at BC, we found baskets of towels in the entry way for us to use on our wet selves. Lovely. There are real towels in the restrooms off the lobby. I think YC has cold water available with little plastic cups in their lobby. Not sure about BC. These little touches remind me of other really nice hotels like Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC.

By contrast, AKL and WL are all about the theme. The rooms are fine just slightly smaller than BC. BUT, they have bunk beds, which our DDs really like. The lobbies are magnificent. The WL has the boat to MK and the lakefront location. AKL transports you to Africa. An experience in itself. And, the dining at AKL is, IMHO, the best on property besides maybe GF.

I don't know if I've helped you at all. These are my three fave resorts. We've stayed at WL twice, AKL twice and are coming to BC for the second time in late Sept., having originally booked WL. The pool debacle changed our plans for us. I would stay at any of them again in a heartbeat. If you love EPCOT, BC can't be beaten.

No matter which you choose, I think you'd be happy. But, yes, there is a difference. Whether it's worth it or not is a personal choice.

All are nice but Y&B have SAB. Enough said.

Hi gang! Just wanted to share..... I just signed up for the Princess Half Marathon in February. :scared1:

My first race over a 5k ever......Excited to be heading back to WDW!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Congratulations!

I'll see you there as DD, DH and I are signed up for the Glass Slipper challenge!

Hoping for a BC/YC stay this time. We had been doing POFQ but since they stopped allowing you to walk to the start from there, I'd rather stay at BC or YC!

:welcome:

I'll put you on the Be Our Guest list for Friday.

:cheer2:

Not sure how crowded- perhaps EasternShoreGirl or Couchy can let you know how the crowded SAB has been this week. 10-1 are prime park-touring hours, so I suspect that is a decent time to find some elbow room at the pool

I figured 10-1 would be a good time, was just wanting to help alleviate DH anxieties. lol

Congratulations!

I'll see you there as DD, DH and I are signed up for the Glass Slipper challenge!

Hoping for a BC/YC stay this time. We had been doing POFQ but since they stopped allowing you to walk to the start from there, I'd rather stay at BC or YC!

I just signed up for the Princess Half today as well... This is my first runDisney race. Very nervous and excited. princess:

Hmmm....when I went into MDE to look at online check-in for our ressie on August 16, the Room Requests section is still messed up. It's still referring to buildings at the Poly and All-Stars. I thought this would have been fixed by now ??:confused3

I figured 10-1 would be a good time, was just wanting to help alleviate DH anxieties. lol

I just signed up for the Princess Half today as well... This is my first runDisney race. Very nervous and excited. princess:

How did you sign up? I saw on the website the registration is open next Tuesday, July 15th. I confused.

Anyone know what time they are letting people in at Epcot's International Gateway these days? We are planning two Epcot rope drop days and I'm wondering what time we should get there. Thanks!!:)

Yippee! The more the merrier! This will be my 6th Princess Half...I'd be happy to answer any questions!

How did you sign up? I saw on the website the registration is open next Tuesday, July 15th. I confused.

A limited number of "early registrations" were available to AP holders and DVC members today. General registration starts on the 15th.

Anyone know what time they are letting people in at Epcot's International Gateway these days? We are planning two Epcot rope drop days and I'm wondering what time we should get there. Thanks!!:)

I believe it opens when the main turnstiles open. I think they place a rope across the bridge that leads to France, pushing everyone to the left as they enter.

Headed to the YC for a 1 day stay this Friday... Planning to hang out by the pool all day, about how busy does it get or has been getting? Specifically, the 10:00am- 1:00pm time frame.

If you get there by ten you will be fine . After that chairs are tough! I will be thee Friday and sat so let me know if you are there !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter