There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a general check in question that maybe someone on here can answer. In just 26 DAYS :cool1: I'm heading to a convention at Coronado Springs, but on the last day, my Mom is flying in and we are staying 4 days at the Beach Club to celebrate her 70th birthday!! I plan on leaving CS at the crack of dawn to go check in at the BC to expedite things, and then finish the morning at the convention, since my Mom will be arriving at the BC around 11:00.

My question is, since I will already be checked in, if my room is ready can she just go straight to the room and use her Magic Band to get in without stopping at the desk if I'm not there yet? I can't get to the BC until about noon, but I want her to be able to rest if the room is ready. When we were there in March, we got a text message that our room was ready and my DH and I just went right to it, but we had both checked in together.

Which actually leads me to another question....once I am checked in to the Beach Club, will my Magic Band still work at CS??? I've never switched resorts mid-trip, but I know lots of you guys have, how does that work???

I have a general check in question that maybe someone on here can answer. In just 26 DAYS :cool1: I'm heading to a convention at Coronado Springs, but on the last day, my Mom is flying in and we are staying 4 days at the Beach Club to celebrate her 70th birthday!! I plan on leaving CS at the crack of dawn to go check in at the BC to expedite things, and then finish the morning at the convention, since my Mom will be arriving at the BC around 11:00.

My question is, since I will already be checked in, if my room is ready can she just go straight to the room and use her Magic Band to get in without stopping at the desk if I'm not there yet? I can't get to the BC until about noon, but I want her to be able to rest if the room is ready. When we were there in March, we got a text message that our room was ready and my DH and I just went right to it, but we had both checked in together.

Which actually leads me to another question....once I am checked in to the Beach Club, will my Magic Band still work at CS??? I've never switched resorts mid-trip, but I know lots of you guys have, how does that work???

If you and your mother are both connected on your MDE accounts, then I would think that her MB would open the room door if you have already checked in. That's the way it works for families.

Yay! :cool1: Thanks, Dee, yet again! We are 33 days out from our first visit at the Beach Club. I can't wait to compare it to my Yacht Club stays... :snooty:

I believe I have updated the Be Our Guest list with recent changes, but there has been so much going on, I may have missed something.

Please take a moment to review your information to make sure I have it listed correctly.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Great job on the new thread! I just returned from my visit to the Beach Club and booked a bounceback for November. Please add me to the Be Our Guest List for November 16-23, Yacht Club CL. :yay::cool1:

Once your room is ready all bands connected to that room reservation should work on the door. :thumbsup2 Sometimes they can be glitchy, that happened to us when we checked in at BCV in January, but most of the time we don't have a problem. If you get to your room and your band doesn't work just go back to the front desk and they can fix it.

That's an interesting question about your band working for both rooms, I'm not sure if that is possible. I've never had a room ready before 11:00 AM so I haven't been able to test that theory.

Great job on the new thread :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Can't wait to be back at the YC in a couple of weeks!!!! :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

TigrLvsPooh already correctly answered your first question, so I'll take this one. Once you check in at BC, your Magic Band will no longer work for room entry at CSR. Your MB can only be attached to one room at a time, at least that is how it was 3 months ago. My inlaws did the exact same thing as you want to do and none of their MBs worked at resort #1 once my BIL ran over and checked into resort #2. At least they found this out while someone was still in room #1 and until they were out of the room completely, they just never locked the door or left someone in the room. Unfortunately that won't work for you if you're solo.

After reading all of the information y'all have provided (THANK YOU!) we've decided to upgrade to a Garden View Club Level room! :dance3: This will be the first CL stay for us, and we are all so excited!!!

Thank you, my husband want to take my girls who will be 7 & 9 at the time. Is it worth it for them? I am worried they will get board after 30 minute or so. He does take them fishing near our home in the summer but they are close by so they can run home when they want.

We have been taking my nephew who was in Kindergarten and then first grade for our trips. It's a two hour tour so it's not too long for anyone, even a child. The guide was paying special attention to my nephew, helping him bait his hook and bring the fish in when he got one. That was great for the rest of us as we could enjoy fishing with out having to stop and help my nephew. It's catch and release so the guide would help take the fish off of the hook for anyone who needed the help and slide it back into the water. My nephew has been getting about 5 fish during these two hour trips so it keeps him entertained. He also spent some time playing with the bait fish that were swimming around in the holding tank. :thumbsup2

When you call that number (1-407-824-1219) let the guys know when you are coming for your trip. The smart thing to do would be to let them tell you where the fish are the most active right when you are at WDW for your trip. Then you would go to that location as opposed to picking a predetermined location. Of course you would have to wait until right before your trip to call and figure out where you would be going BUT it's only a cab/car ride away on Disney property!

As an example of this we had a REALLY GREAT fishing trip in Bay lake one year. We booked the next year's trip at Bay lake thinking it would be the same but the fish were the most active at Carribean Beach Resort. When went out the second time during that same week our guide said we should go to CBR and that's where we had more success.

So the next time we book our fishing trip we are going to call that number. I would call and reserve in advance of the trip as opposed to a few days before because they don't have that many guides on call.... waiting for last minute reservations, and if you don't reserve the trip in advance you may be out of luck.

We are going to ask for Dan from Apple Valley Ohio, who is very knowledgeable and very kid friendly. I've heard that all the guides are great so no sweat if you don't get Dan, but we REALLY LOVE DAN!!! :thumbsup2

We are going to reserve a fishing trip but let them know that we want the guides to tell us where to go the week of our trip based on how active the fish are during the week we are there.

When you call that number it's a DIRECT link to the fishing dept. and not the call center with the general reservation agents who know next to nothing about the fishing trips. The guys are frequently out helping people with the boats etc... so don't be afraid to leave a message.

When you do things this way you are going to let the experts tell you exactly where the fish are biting for maximum enjoyment!!

Two hours on the lake is not too long for anyone, even people who don't fish and the guides are all about making that experience as fun and as comfortable as possible. There are sodas and water on the boat, towels to wipe your hands, a guide to bait the hooks and take the fish off and comfortable seats to sit in and enjoy the beauty of the setting. Even if you don't fish I would consider going along just to enjoy the experience it is that fun! The boats hold 5 people so there will be room for you.

~NM

Hey Dee!:) Made it over...Thanks for the new awesome thread!:cool1::cool1:

We're 7 days away too!!! Beyond excited DD is celebrating her graduation so I am hoping all of our plans go smoothly. Thanks for the youtube links they are great!

So fun!:banana:

I've gone fishing at WDW for the last two years, once from Bay Lake and then the last time from Caribbean Beach resort. We have not gone from the Yacht Club yet....

We love the fishing at WDW. The guides are really great and they help you as much as needed. Our fishing trips at WDW are one of the "can't miss" highlights of our trip. If this is something that you are even slightly interested in then I highly recommend checking it out.

Call this number, 1-407-824-1219 to talk to the Fishing CM's (and NOT the generic call center workers). These Fishing CM's will be able to help you plan your fishing trip much better than the call center workers.

This is the monster I caught at CBR resort last March, 2014.

13120645513_f1d050de77_z.jpg

~NM

Fishing might be my way to get my DH back sooner! He would love that!:cool1:

Just spent the weekend in another state at a soccer tournament, and came home to find the new thread - thanks !! :) FOUR days until we arrive at BC. Slowly going crazy with the waiting !!!

I understand completely. Were you in Wilmington NC by chance at the Seaside Classic Soccer?:cool1:

Hi from the yacht club. We had a very busy 1st day. We had lunch at rose and crown pub, then walked over to the beach club to meet the lovely Teena. After that we went to magic kingdom attempted to ride pirates but it broke down. :( Then we headed back to EPCOT to ride soarin. Finished the night off lounging in the pool watching the fireworks.

Our room is amazing!!! We have lagoon view that looks over the wedding gazebo. We are loving it here so far.

Off to bed because we have to get up early for breakfast with cinderella tomorrow.

I'll check in tomorrow to see if I can help anyone.

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Have a great day! My DD says the weather is beautiful in Disney today. lol She is still checking my phone app and we have been home almost a month.:rotfl2:

After reading all of the information y'all have provided (THANK YOU!) we've decided to upgrade to a Garden View Club Level room! :dance3: This will be the first CL stay for us, and we are all so excited!!!

So exciting! You will love it!!!:cool1:

OMG, OMG, OMG....!

I'm wayyy behind on my Dis reading and just catching up. I'm all the way back to May 14, which as you all know on this thread amounts to pages and pages.

But I just had to drop in to say how excited I am that Real (Happy) Dee is attending the Beach Club Meet! So exciting!!! :cheer2:

Can't wait to meet everyone.

:banana::banana::banana:

okay, back to catching up. I'll show up here again once I'm all caught up.

It's great to see a new thread :cool1:. We will be checking into BC in 4 days...I am so excited I can't contain myself :dancer:. Unfortunately before we leave my family will have to attend a wake/funeral for my uncle who passed away early yesterday morning. It's heartbreaking, not just because of who he was, but the fact that he was such a huge Disney fan himself. I will be thinking of him a lot while we are on our trip.

It's great to see a new thread :cool1:. We will be checking into BC in 4 days...I am so excited I can't contain myself :dancer:. Unfortunately before we leave my family will have to attend a wake/funeral for my uncle who passed away early yesterday morning. It's heartbreaking, not just because of who he was, but the fact that he was such a huge Disney fan himself. I will be thinking of him a lot while we are on our trip.

Yeah on your trip!!! So sorry for your loss but you know your trip would make him happy for you:-)

PoohsFan1 said:

So sorry for your loss. No better way to celebrate your uncle's life that a trip to wdw considering he was such a fan :) I'm sure he would be happy for you to be enjoying Disney at it's best :)

The problem I have had with the boats in the morning is not that they are not running early enough, but that they don't necessarily have room for everyone waiting at the dock.

My suggestion is to be out at the boat dock 50 mintues before your scheduled breakfast time. If you don't get on a boat 35 minutes before your ADR time, bail on the boat and walk.

That is pretty much my approach on a typical DHS morning. :laughing: The Friendship boats have never been all that friendly to me.

Thanks for answering, Dee!

Sorry for ur loss!

Amber

Hi everyone! We r eating lunch right now at hurricane Hanna's. Just FYI they scanning magic bands and putting on a paper band to get into and out of the pool.

Amber

Hi everyone! We r eating lunch right now at hurricane Hanna's. Just FYI they scanning magic bands and putting on a paper band to get into and out of the pool.

Amber

Yay, so glad they are doing that! Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter