There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the be our guest list, I'm not sure what the notes after my name are, I think they are supposed to be for someone else:

marsh0013 June 12-17 YC (BD, SWW, then IoA/US)

We are at YC those dates, and doing SWW Fri/Sat/Sun, but I'm not sure what BD means, and we're not going to IoA/US.

edit: does BD mean birthday? If it does, then that can stay, June 13 is mine! :)

Yes, the IoA/US is someone elses, but the SWW/BD (Birthday) is for you.

:thumbsup2

Here are my dates. One night only at YC June 9th (girls trip), Nov 9th-11th before moving to BWI for the rest of the week. Never did a split stay before, this should be interesting. We stayed at YC about 20 years ago and then not again until Oct for the TOT 10 miler. I forgot how great it was. DH and I came back for a quick trip in April and I am hooked!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Sounds like a fantastic trip.

:cool1:

Sadly we are leaving beach club tomorrow. If anyone can use a case of bottled water just PM me.

What a nice offer! Hopefully someone will see this and be able to use the water.

I can't remember if you have posted here before- want to say :welcome: to the thread.

:goodvibes

OMG!!!!! The best upgrade ever!!!!! We were booked in a Deluxe CL room but we have been upgraded to the Newport Presidential Suite!!!! We can't believe our good fortune, we have never been upgraded!!!! This place is amazing. I have taken pictures and a couple of videos that I will post later, too excited to take time to post pictures now, we are still exploring and in shock!!!!!

:cool1::yay::cheer2:

THAT is a boatload of pixie dust!!!

Enjoy your trip and the upgrade!

Can't wait to see the pictures when you get a chance. You can wait until you get home if you need to, but if you are able to share earlier...

(PS- don't forget to leave the suite to go to the parks once in awhile)

I'm hoping someone on this thread will be able and willing to answer this question. How do we handle our MagicBands while going through the airport security scanners? Do we place them in the bin with phone and laptop? Do we wear them (doubtful)? Do we leave them in our carry-on bags?

You put your phone in the bin? I always leave my phone in my carry-on bag.

I left my MagicBands in my carry-on bag; no problem going through security.

You put your phone in the bin? I always leave my phone in my carry-on bag. I left my MagicBands in my carry-on bag; no problem going through security.

Great, thanks. And, yes, the few times I've flown, especially 2 trips to Europe, we were instructed to put all electronics in a bin. It's been three years, so maybe things have changed.

F3651F67-DFC0-4725-A199-86B3A1898178_zps3r4bupmd.jpg

Eating appetizers at the dining room table. Still can't believe our luck!

7440D40E-8BAA-4D27-BDC3-B6188D3B0918_zpsdixkwwhp.jpg

floridagirl61 - that is awesome. enjoy ! hope to see more pics later .

we did the keys to the kingdom tour this am. highly reccomend it ! and i remembered why I avoid mk on saturday ;). ( after the tour that is ) 7 dwarves went down while we were in the fp line - they were taking people off the ride in the middle. we were too tired to wait it out - going to try to ride it during evening emh tomorrow night. but did find out if a ride breaks down during gour fast pass time it turns into an open return for that day - well at least according to what the lady in front of me said the cast member said. we didnt stay to see if that was true .

OMG!!!!! The best upgrade ever!!!!! We were booked in a Deluxe CL room but we have been upgraded to the Newport Presidential Suite!!!! We can't believe our good fortune, we have never been upgraded!!!! This place is amazing. I have taken pictures and a couple of videos that I will post later, too excited to take time to post pictures now, we are still exploring and in shock!!!!!

HOLY COW!! That is some upgrade!! Speaking of Pixie Dust, Tinkerbell must have the 'runs'!
tink1.jpg

Congratulations!

~NM

That is a most awesome upgrade! Enjoy every minute of it... and can't wait to see even more pictures!!:cheer2::yay::banana:

I took pictures of the lockers today too! They are located near Beaches n Cream if someone is looking for them

Here are some pics of the showers and the lockers. Let me know if you would like some more.

Fantastic. Thank you so much! These pictures are very helpful.

I have never seen these showers before! I wonder if they are new or if I just never noticed them.

I took pictures of the lockers today too! They are located near Beaches n Cream if someone is looking for them

Thank you as well. Post your pictures when you get a chance, but what YOU need to concentrate on is taking pictures of your stunning accomodations!

pixiedust:

Great, thanks. And, yes, the few times I've flown, especially 2 trips to Europe, we were instructed to put all electronics in a bin. It's been three years, so maybe things have changed.

Airport security here will always ask that electronics are removed from hand luggage and placed on the plastic trays to go through the x-ray machine at least in my experience that has always been the case.

floridagirl61 - that is awesome. enjoy ! hope to see more pics later .

we did the keys to the kingdom tour this am. highly reccomend it ! and i remembered why I avoid mk on saturday ;). ( after the tour that is ) 7 dwarves went down while we were in the fp line - they were taking people off the ride in the middle. we were too tired to wait it out - going to try to ride it during evening emh tomorrow night. but did find out if a ride breaks down during gour fast pass time it turns into an open return for that day - well at least according to what the lady in front of me said the cast member said. we didnt stay to see if that was true .

Test Track went down during our FP time yesterday and a little while later a received am email saying I could pick from a list of rides and could go anytime between 4pm-9pm, which was the closing time. We ended up using it at Test Track around 8:45 and no questions were asked :thumbsup2.

Floridagirl: I love that you and your DH are taking FULL advantage of the "Glam Life" by each sitting at the head of the table :rotfl2:

So happy for you with the Major Dose of Pixie Dust!!!

NM: Poor Tinkerbell :rotfl::rotfl:

I am so torn!!! I love the idea of staying at the BC and having Epcot be RIGHT THERE, but at the same time I prefer the YC decor and would love a full balcony.

How much longer is the walk from YC? The far wing seems so much farther when I look at maps/satellite images. We will have two 4.5 yos and a 6yo with a double stroller when we go. Will walking past SAB be tough?

I am way over thinking a trip over a year away...

Honestly, it can't be but a few minutes more.. Go straight out the lobby and turn left. I have stayed at both and I actually prefer the YC for the reasons you say.. Full balcony and decor

:beach: Here now at yacht club room in room 4143 king room......very nice room......had a wonderful time .......rode 7 dwarfs twice. Thought it was going to be sort of a kiddy ride but that thing has some zip to it. ;)

We also did the Feel the force at Star Wars weekend......that was the best

One more.....did the Star Wars breakfast and that was fun also....

pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter