There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
me again - just wanted to say thanks to those who recomended crews cup lounge. we ate there last night - quiet , cool and food was great as was the service.

I'm so glad that you liked it. I think we'll try to eat there on our next trip, too.

:)

Could someone staying check and see if the refillable mug station has seltzer?

I had to go to the Rix Lounge bar at CSR my last trip every time I wanted seltzer. I imagine I would need to do the same at YC or BC. Where would I go in each resort?

We like to drink seltzer and going to a bar every time was pretty tedious.

I only saw water levers but not the highly coveted "soda" lever at CSR.

Wonder if deluxe resorts have more variety in that respect.

Yes!! We stayed at YC last Aug and Hurricane Hanna's refill station had club soda. It was in one of those leavers they have like for water!! I was very happy!!

me again - just wanted to say thanks to those who recomended crews cup lounge. we ate there last night - quiet , cool and food was great as was the service .

i thought today was going to be a dtd morning but played mini golf instead - lunch on the boardwalk (salad at the bakery with grilled chicken , cranberries etc - yum). then epcot for our afternoon fastpasses . lightnining canceled our SAB plans. dinner at captains grill in a little while then back to epcot for evening emh .

we can see the high illuminations fire works from our balcony but i hope to catch the whole show inside tonight .

Love the burgers there!

Yes!! We stayed at YC last Aug and Hurricane Hanna's refill station had club soda. It was in one of those leavers they have like for water!! I was very happy!!

Thanks for confirming! YC BC sounding better by the minute!

I'm hoping someone on this thread will be able and willing to answer this question. How do we handle our MagicBands while going through the airport security scanners? Do we place them in the bin with phone and laptop? Do we wear them (doubtful)? Do we leave them in our carry-on bags?

21 days!

Thanks for confirming! YC BC sounding better by the minute!
Your welcome. The tab is easily overlooked if your not looking for it!

I'm hoping someone on this thread will be able and willing to answer this question. How do we handle our MagicBands while going through the airport security scanners? Do we place them in the bin with phone and laptop? Do we wear them (doubtful)? Do we leave them in our carry-on bags?

21 days!
I would keep them easily accessible in your carry on. You can put them in a zip lock Baggie and when you are on the plane or just before landing put them on.

I've stayed at all three in the past few years - HRH in November, RPR and PBH in July.

Getting from RPR and PBH to WWoHP-Hoggsmeade just about killed me. It was so hot... and so far to go... even taking the boat, it still felt far. This was early evening for events at WWoHP, not mid-day.

Getting from HRH to IOA or UO was a pleasure. Now admittedly, it was November so it was much cooler and less humid.

If your main reason for being there is to go to the theme parks, then I would definitely choose HRH.

If you plan to spend a lot of time at the resort, I know PBH has a great reputation, but I wasn't all that impressed. The beautiful part is that courtyard/shop/restaurant area near the water. If you're inside the hotel, you might see that part for 10 seconds a day when you glance out a window while walking by. I personally didn't think PBH was any nicer than RPR.

So my first choice would be HRH. My second choice would be whichever is cheaper (PBH or RPR). I haven't stayed at the new Cabana Bay yet, so I don't know how that would factor into my decision.

Thanks for the advice. I kind of questioned myself on why we wouldn't stay at the HRH again, given how much we loved it. But then I thought maybe it would be nice to try something new. We will definitely be limited by time and that walk and boat from HRH was handy, especially in August!

Not trying to sway, just inform. Here are my 3 Portofino posts from my "Welcome Foolish Muggles" trip report

All about the Portofino http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41890845&postcount=50

Sal's Marketplace and Deli- this photo post does not appear in this trip report, but here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41925749&postcount=28

Chillin' at the Pool- http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42468186&postcount=439

Dee, we booked Portofino for our pre wdw trip this August. Hope we'll like it!
Good to know about having to leave by 7:00 for Harry Potter! Esp now that Diagon Alley will be open. Woohoo!
I heard Sals Pizza is very good.

Not trying to sway, just inform. Here are my 3 Portofino posts from my "Welcome Foolish Muggles" trip report

All about the Portofino http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41890845&postcount=50

Sal's Marketplace and Deli- this photo post does not appear in this trip report, but here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41925749&postcount=28

Chillin' at the Pool- http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42468186&postcount=439

Thanks! I LOVE your trip reports. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice. I kind of questioned myself on why we wouldn't stay at the HRH again, given how much we loved it. But then I thought maybe it would be nice to try something new. We will definitely be limited by time and that walk and boat from HRH was handy, especially in August!

Ok, I wasn't trying to sway you on the Portofino, but if you are starting to waiver about the Hard Rock...

Here are my posts about that

Arrival-It's a Hard Rock Life!
Room 5112

On Tour at the Hard Rock Hotel
Be Our Guest (Lobby and Public Areas)
A Few of My Favorite Things (Memorabilia)
I Melt With You (Emack & Bolios)
Twistin' by the Pool
(Rockaway) Beach Club (Poolside Bar and Restaurant)
Get Busy (Resort Activities)
Walk This Way

OK, I better start posting some stuff about the Beach Club or people will start thinking they are on the wrong thread!

;)

I would keep them easily accessible in your carry on. You can put them in a zip lock Baggie and when you are on the plane or just before landing put them on.

Thank you. I wasn't sure how they were treated by security: like electronics, which cannot go through in you carry on; or, like a earbuds that can be stashed in you carry on.

me again - just wanted to say thanks to those who recomended crews cup lounge. we ate there last night - quiet , cool and food was great as was the service .

You are right, try the boneless buffalo wings they are great, as is Wes the bartender. I like the cup much better than Marthas Vineyard.

page 32-35

The etsy link was actually in the blog that I posted yesterday (top 10 Disney scents). I ordered one too, and she has several other Disney type scents for sale. I will let you all know if it comes close to the lobby scent! She's probably getting all of these unexpected orders with the mention on the blog haha

Thanks again for this! I revised the FAQ/info post to include more redneck scent info. Sounds like a lot of people will be ordering these candles. You should ask for a commission!

:goodvibes

Hi Dee,

We will be at the YC from 6/22 to 6/26.

Looking forward to returning!!

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Finally caught up reading all the posts! It's funny I think I saw teena in the first BC video I watched! Hope your doing well! This is my 1st post on this and We are going on our 1st family vacation to disney on 11/9-11/15 (free dining! Yay!) and staying at the BC in a water view. We originally were booked at the poly but switched just recently do to all of the construction that will be at that resort during our stay. We are super excited for BC because we were having the hardest time choosing between the 2 resorts. Now it is an easy decision, BC! To be honest I am not too familiar with anything at the BC because we have 1. Never stated there before 2. No family that has stayed there. It will be Me, DH, DS (4), DD (2) & DS (1) and I hope this is a right fit for us. Just hoping my kids aren't too young to enjoy epcot/ HS. We did do all of our ADRs (except 2 in MK) in epcot (3), HS (2) & BC (1). I'm just hoping the buses to MK aren't to bad with a double stroller and 3 toddlers. This is my family's 1st vacation and I'm getting a little OCD about making everything perfect!

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Has anyone been recently who can report what time Ale and Compass opens in the morning??

I'm interested in this info, too!

:thumbsup2

Yes, please add me to the list!! :cool1: we'll be there in June 2016, but I'm not sure of the exact week yet....but it'll make me feel like it's more real!

I can't even tell you how excited I am to stay here. This is just my dream resort... the whole package....location, decor, atmosphere and that awesome pool!

You will be the first entry on the 2016 list!

:cool1:

I'm sorry I never post anything but thank you so much for this incredible thread! We leave today for 2 nights at my sister's in Dallas. All 13 of us are meeting there then fly out Sun 7:30. I can not wait to check in at Beach Club in about 49 hours! My husband and I rented points at BCV, Nov 2010 but besides that we have always stayed at the value or moderates. I can not wait for my official deluxe stay! I'm so anxious to get there and find out where our rooms are. We booked garden view and the only request we made was for the 5 rooms to be located together. Fingers crossed!

Hope you have a fantastic trip.

:yay:

On the be our guest list, I'm not sure what the notes after my name are, I think they are supposed to be for someone else:

marsh0013 June 12-17 YC (BD, SWW, then IoA/US)

We are at YC those dates, and doing SWW Fri/Sat/Sun, but I'm not sure what BD means, and we're not going to IoA/US.

edit: does BD mean birthday? If it does, then that can stay, June 13 is mine! :)

Here are my dates. One night only at YC June 9th (girls trip), Nov 9th-11th before moving to BWI for the rest of the week. Never did a split stay before, this should be interesting. We stayed at YC about 20 years ago and then not again until Oct for the TOT 10 miler. I forgot how great it was. DH and I came back for a quick trip in April and I am hooked!

Sadly we are leaving beach club tomorrow. If anyone can use a case of bottled water just PM me.

OMG!!!!! The best upgrade ever!!!!! We were booked in a Deluxe CL room but we have been upgraded to the Newport Presidential Suite!!!! We can't believe our good fortune, we have never been upgraded!!!! This place is amazing. I have taken pictures and a couple of videos that I will post later, too excited to take time to post pictures now, we are still exploring and in shock!!!!!

OMG!!!!! The best upgrade ever!!!!! We were booked in a Deluxe CL room but we have been upgraded to the Newport Presidential Suite!!!! We can't believe our good fortune, we have never been upgraded!!!! This place is amazing. I have taken pictures and a couple of videos that I will post later, too excited to take time to post pictures now, we are still exploring and in shock!!!!!

Congratulations! I call that an upgrade. :cool1:

21 days!

Before we moved to Florida, and had to fly down here from Boston, we just put them in our carry-on and security never had a problem with that. Have a great trip!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter