There and Back Again: A Land and Sea Disney Christmas Tale! *DECEMBER TRIP - UPDATED 2/18*

Hehehe okay that's kinda funny

Was it actual apple cider or just apple juice? I purchased 'chilled apple cider' from MNSSHP and it was definitely just apple juice with ice cubes. I was super bummed!

Your posts on MVMCP are making me excited to get back there at Christmas time! It will be a couple of years, though so I'll just live vicariously through you :P
I was really surprised when I was handed a Halloween cup lol.

I couldn't tell. Either way, on the warm evening, it was the best thing I had lol.

Christmas time is my favorite time of year at any Disney Theme Park! :-)

44108486300_98049ac8e2_z.jpg
Perfect way to start the trip :)

I love the decorations at BoG for Christmas!!! I adore Belle's Enchanted Christmas, and it makes me smile that they kept the tree topper the same as the movie.

After one of the Voices of Liberty sets, I got a little surprise. The Voices of Liberty decided that they would sing their arrangement of “Happy Birthday” to me (video below)!

Oh, you must have been over the moon excited!!!!!!!

After riding the attraction, I got to exit on the side with James Cameron, Jon Landau, and Joe Rohde’s handprints!

Such an awesome detail!

Looks like the MVMCP was off to a fabulous start! We have gone twice and never done the special snack/drink stops! Always too busy meeting characters and riding rides, I suppose.

Day 5: A Sold Out Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - Part 3!

After the fireworks, it was time to get a spot for the 2nd parade of the night. I have been dreaming of seeing this parade with snow falling on Main Street. So, I made my way down Main Street to see if I could find a spot.

I would settle on a spot right towards the end of Main Street. I would really enjoy seeing the projected snow flakes on the buildings while I waited.

I had a great view of the Christmas Tree while I waited for the parade.

Right around the time the parade was starting in Frontierland, we would have a group of performers come out to entertain the crowd on Main Street. They would throw beach “snow” balls into the crowd by playing catch. They also had a dance session. It was a lot of fun!

It was time for the parade!!!

More in my next post!

Day 5: Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade!

It was time for Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade!!!

Enjoy some pictures of the parade:

My favorite part of any Disney Christmas Parade is always the Toy Soldiers!!!

It’s Santa Claus!!!

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is an absolute beautiful parade! Seeing it on Main Street with the snow was awesome! I think this parade is now my favorite parade at Walt Disney World.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade Highlights!

Here is my highlight video of Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade. This is the parade that is presented each evening during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party! I have always wanted to see this parade with snow falling on Main Street. I can now say that I’ve gotten that opportunity!

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

MVMCP - Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade - Highlights!

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

More in my next post!

Day 5: A Sold Out Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - Part 4!

After a great parade, I had enough time to get one ride done. So, I would make my way back towards the Castle and into one of the lands.

I was deciding on riding Big Thunder Railroad or Splash Mountain. I decided to go on Big Thunder Railroad. I absolutely love this ride at night!

There are red and green lights by the trees near Big Thunder and Splash Mountain.

Frontierland is also lit for Christmas!

Snowflake projections on Tom Sawyer Island.

The party was now over. So, I made my way to Main Street where I would take my time and take some pictures.

Cinderella Castle is absolutely stunning!

Seeing a Disney Christmas Tree brings me so much joy!

I love the Toy Soldier statues!

Got a few great shots down Main Street from the Main Street Train Station.

It was time to walk under the train tracks.

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party was absolutely awesome!

I would get some pictures right in front of the Main Street Train Station as I left.

Even though this party was sold out, I still had a great time! I think I prefer the Christmas Party over the Halloween Party. It could be just that I like Christmas more than Halloween. However, there is just something about being engulfed in the Christmas spirit inside a Disney Theme Park. The fireworks and the parade were awesome. I got to experience some cool character meet and greets. I enjoyed the snacks. This party made me really look forward to attending another party really soon!

It was now time to head back to my Resort for the evening. Sadly, I would have to pack since this was my final night at Walt Disney World. However, I was excited to spend some more time in the parks, and a new location for me the next day!

Stay tuned for more updates from my Walt Disney World vacation!

My favorite part of any Disney Christmas Parade is always the Toy Soldiers!!!

My favorite too!!! I remember being totally amazed that some of them were actually playing real instruments, the first time I saw the parade. Before that, I thought it was just "for show."

I think I prefer the Christmas Party over the Halloween Party. It could be just that I like Christmas more than Halloween. However, there is just something about being engulfed in the Christmas spirit inside a Disney Theme Park. The fireworks and the parade were awesome.
I've never been to WDW at Halloween, but I must agree with you, there is just something magical and uplifting inside of me when I spend Christmas-time there. It makes me feel like Christmas is magic again...the way I did when I was a kid!

Perfect way to start the trip :)

I love the decorations at BoG for Christmas!!! I adore Belle's Enchanted Christmas, and it makes me smile that they kept the tree topper the same as the movie.

Oh, you must have been over the moon excited!!!!!!!

Such an awesome detail!

Looks like the MVMCP was off to a fabulous start! We have gone twice and never done the special snack/drink stops! Always too busy meeting characters and riding rides, I suppose.

- I didn't notice that. That's a really cool detail about the tree topper.

- Yes...Yes I was. :D

- Usually if I go to parties, I don't find myself on that many rides. That is mostly because I want to do as much entertainment or characters as possible.

My favorite too!!! I remember being totally amazed that some of them were actually playing real instruments, the first time I saw the parade. Before that, I thought it was just "for show."

I've never been to WDW at Halloween, but I must agree with you, there is just something magical and uplifting inside of me when I spend Christmas-time there. It makes me feel like Christmas is magic again...the way I did when I was a kid!
- I personally think I enjoy the Disneyland Toy Soldiers a little more. That is because all of the Toy Soldiers there are the "band," but there aren't as many Toy Soldiers than what Walt Disney World has. I think I like the parade song more at Disneyland. So, it makes the trumpet line a little more interesting.

Day 6: Final Day At Walt Disney World!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 6 of my trip to Walt Disney World! This would be a half-day for me since I would be flying home later that evening.

My day would begin by dropping off my bags at Bell Services.

Then I would make my way to Disney’s Animal Kingdom. I wasn’t going into the park, but as I was walking toward another bus stop, I noticed that the Animal Kingdom Christmas Tree was now up!

After making a short pit-stop at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, I would make my way to the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus stop. I have never been to this Resort. It’s a bucket list resort for me. So, I was excited to check it out. I was mainly going to drop off a merchandise item for a DIS friend at the Bell Services at the hotel.

I would arrive at Kidani Village!

I would walk in and check out the lobby.

I would spot some animals!

The resort is definitely interesting.

I would then make my way over to Jambo House to check out that part of the resort.

The lobby here is magnificent!

I love the creek area as you walk outside.

I would then make my way to the Mara which is the quick service location for Animal Kingdom Lodge. Definitely an interesting restaurant. It had a long line and only had one person checking in orders for lunch. So, it took me 20 minutes just to order my food.

I would order the crispy chicken sandwich. Definitely a delicious sandwich. It was really big, and I couldn’t finish my meal. So, it is very filling.

After lunch, I would make my way to look for some more animals on this side of the resort. I would spot the giraffes. Fun fact…These are actually a different species of giraffe than what you find on Kilimanjaro Safaris in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

This is when I would leave Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Overall, I’m impressed with the resort, and I can’t wait to stay here. If I was to choose a side to stay on, I would stay at Jambo House.

So, I was making my way to EPCOT at this time. However, the EPCOT bus wasn’t coming for a while and a Disney’s Hollywood Studios bus was at Jambo House. So, I might have jumped on the Disney’s Hollywood Studios bus.

I would arrive at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and the bus would park at the stop closest to the current walkway to EPCOT. I was really happy about that!

So, I would then make my way to EPCOT.

I would spot a turtle while walking to EPCOT.

I was heading back to EPCOT to say farewell to the Voices of Liberty.

The Voices of Liberty would send me off by singing my favorite song that they sing (video below).

It was time to leave EPCOT and head back to my resort to catch the bus!

I would make my way back to my resort.

More in my next post!

VIDEO: Voices of Liberty - “Shenandoah!”

Here is my favorite song that the Voices of Liberty sing. I was able to request this right before my final set getting to see them on this trip. I am thankful that the leader on this day granted my request, and I was able to hear this beautiful arrangement right before I left Walt Disney World.

Make sure you watch my video in HD!

Voices of Liberty - “Shenandoah!”

I hope that you enjoyed the video!

More in my next post!

Day 6: Travel Home!

I would arrive back at my resort, and it was now time to wait for the Disney’s Magical Express bus.

It was now time for Disney’s Magical Express to take me to the airport. I always hate leaving Walt Disney World.

After a bus ride, I would arrive at Orlando International Airport. I would spend some time in the main terminal area. The line for security wasn’t too long, and I still had some time before my flight. This terminal is really relaxing.

Eventually I would go through security, and it would take 20 minutes.

It was time for my final ride of the trip. The tram over to my terminal.

I would get dinner at Mcdonalds inside the terminal.

Eventually, I would get on my flight back home to the midwest.

My flight would be very nice. It wasn’t full at all, and I had no one sitting in the middle seat.

Eventually, I would spot my home town from the air!

I would land safely in the bitter cold midwest!

It felt great to be home, but I quickly missed Florida once I stepped off the airplane. It was in the 30’s when I got off the plane.

I would then get my bag from the baggage claim, drive home, and immediately begin to look forward to my next trip to Walt Disney World!

This now ends my official updates from my November trip to Walt Disney World. Thank you to everyone who has followed along so far!

Hey everyone!

I’M BACK!!! :jumping1:

I have arrived at Walt Disney World after a nice flight this morning!

Disney’s Magical Express was a nightmare this morning. More on this at a later time!

Stay tuned for more live updates from Walt Disney World!

Have been reading along on your updates throughout the last month or so and hope to catch you on this trip! I'll be at Epcot in the afternoon on Monday. Planning to see some afternoon sets and try to catch Candlelight at 5pm, probably going to just stand in the back though. Either way though, excited to read about this trip!

I got to hear Celebrate Me Home for the first time ever last week and it was wonderful, really hoping I get to hear it again during the holiday season!

I had a day. That is literally the best way to describe it in the worst way.

There were definitely some great moments today. One of which was the first of many experiences with another DIS friend, @Lesley Wake. Spent a nice afternoon in Disney's Animal Kingdom and experienced an awesome Kilimanjaro Safaris with screaming cheerleaders.

I would then spend a couple hours basically not doing anything. I would pick up a rental car and then basically go around in circles trying to figure out what to do next.

Now, this morning, I had an issue come up while on my flight. So, because of this issue, I would spend about 3 1/2 hours this evening at an emergency dentist...Yippee!!!

After all of this, I would return to my resort and experience one of the worst displays of costumer service I have ever had on Walt Disney World property. If you want to know more with what happened, just wait for my official updates from this trip. :D

Anyways, I'm ready to sleep. I'm glad a day like today happened at the start of this trip than in the middle of it.

Stay tuned for more live updates from my trip to Walt Disney World!

Have been reading along on your updates throughout the last month or so and hope to catch you on this trip! I'll be at Epcot in the afternoon on Monday. Planning to see some afternoon sets and try to catch Candlelight at 5pm, probably going to just stand in the back though. Either way though, excited to read about this trip!

I got to hear Celebrate Me Home for the first time ever last week and it was wonderful, really hoping I get to hear it again during the holiday season!
It would be great to see you! I'll be at the last 2 or 3 sets on Monday. I have a Dining Package for the 5 p.m. Candlelight Processional on Monday.

Love that song! I hope to see my favorite duo sing it this week!

Thank you for the awesome report on the MVMCP!!! May have to purchase tickets for our visit. We have attended before but it has been awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter