Theoretically, could you walk to Wyndham Bonnet Creek from?

If you look at the resorts on Google Earth, you'll see they're only a few hundred yards apart. I don't know if it's actually walkable, because there might be fences or other obstructions in the way, but it's really not very far at all.

I saw the same thing which is why I wondered.

Have you been to Disney/WBC before?

I've been to Disney several times but this is our first trip to WBC.

Then you should strongly consider staying in a Disney resort. Conventional wisdom is that it is an either/or sort of thing.

As for walking: WDW is not a walking-friendly place. There are no sidewalks. Many of the roads are effectively limited-access highways. Traffic is heavy, with lots of tourists who are not paying attention to what they are doing.

Honestly, you could try to get by offsite without a car and without taking cabs from point-to-point from time to time, but you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face. Your time has value on vacation as well as your money.

If you own a timeshare with Wyndham, which we do, it doesn't make sense to stay onsite. Especially with going with 4 adults and 2 kids. We can stay in a three bedroom at WBC with our points. We'd have to get two rooms at a moderate or value resort (the only resorts we could afford). We are only going to the parks so I just don't see the point in renting a car on the chance that we might not time it right to catch the shuttle. They go in 30 min interval so it shouldn't be a problem. The only time I'm concerned about is if we catch a late dinner at DTD or when we go to MNSSHP.

So..it sounds like the backup plan will have to be a taxi. Thanks all for your replies. Appreciate the help. :thumbsup2

If anybody knows/can find out, I'm still curious as to if WBC runs their shuttle through the time MNSSHP is going on.

Yes, I understand that. I'm a Wyndham owner too, and love the resorts. But, I don't try to make them do what they don't do well.

They go in 30 min interval so it shouldn't be a problem.

Last time I was there, there is a "gap" in the middle of the day when the shuttles run considerably less frequently. That may have changed, or it may not have, and it may or may not matter to you depending on your plans. They are also shared route: one bus to EP and MK, one to DS and AK. Depending on which one is first, and where you are going, that can get old very quickly unless you are more patient than I. (Very possible; I often drive to the parks even onsite.)

What's more, 30 minutes doesn't sound like a big deal, but we had a similar setup when we visited Disneyland, and found it created a tension when you are in the park trying to decide when to leave---do we do one more thing? Can we make the 2:30 shuttle to get back to the pool? Should we go for the 3 instead? After about 2-3 days of this, we gave up and just started to drive to the parking structure instead.

But, in the end, it's your vacation. Spend it how you like. But, the overwhelming majority of people who have tried to rely on shuttles alone have come to regret it, even here where they run reasonably frequently and the service is relatively good. Perhaps you are the exception, but by definition most people aren't.

If anybody knows/can find out, I'm still curious as to if WBC runs their shuttle through the time MNSSHP is going on.
Try calling the resort. There is a direct number in the online WVO directory.

I knew about the gap they have in the middle of the day but we plan on staying at the parks at that time so it's not a problem. The last couple of times I went to DW we stayed at POR and POFQ. At both of those resorts, there are multiple stops to each station around the resort which didn't bother us. I don't think they will be an issue for us now. It's no different than any other mass transit system you use.

We've gone to DW many times before so we're pretty laid back about this trip. We've gotten park hoppers so we can move about freely so we're not going to be worrying about making sure we get in everything at a certain park in a certain amount of time. When we're on vacation, we're all about slowing down, not stressing over the small things. 30 mins or so isn't going to be a big deal to us. It's a vacation after all.

You should be fine with shuttles only. I saw a couple arrive at WBC with an airport limo. It's totally doable.

What happened to us the other day was there was a 3pm and a 5pm bus. Well we tried to schedule ourselves around leaving at those times but it didn't work. We weren't ready at 3 but really wanted to get out of there at 4...we were hot, tired and cranky and there was no way we were waiting an hour for the bus. So we cabbed it. No big deal. Just keep cash on hand for cabs....sometimes kids get sick (happened to us in March, had to leave the park after lunch), weather turns nasty, injuries happen, whatever. Sometimes the bus doesn't work for you.

We would have never ever tried the WBC shuttle but our room happened to look out to the bus stop below. The system seemed to be working super well and it really did.

You should be fine with shuttles only. I saw a couple arrive at WBC with an airport limo. It's totally doable.

What happened to us the other day was there was a 3pm and a 5pm bus. Well we tried to schedule ourselves around leaving at those times but it didn't work. We weren't ready at 3 but really wanted to get out of there at 4...we were hot, tired and cranky and there was no way we were waiting an hour for the bus. So we cabbed it. No big deal. Just keep cash on hand for cabs....sometimes kids get sick (happened to us in March, had to leave the park after lunch), weather turns nasty, injuries happen, whatever. Sometimes the bus doesn't work for you.

We would have never ever tried the WBC shuttle but our room happened to look out to the bus stop below. The system seemed to be working super well and it really did.

Thank you for replying! I'm excited to see someone who says it can be done without being a horrible nuisance.

We've actually talked about doing the limo ride from the airport. It's my kids first trip and it's going to be a surprise for them. It will make them feel like royalty! :love:

If you are a hugh disneyaholics and live at the parks all week the shuttles are fine for you! There are tons of them going back each day from different places. So totally doable.

Posters don't seem to be getting as many low ball rental rates as a few years ago. Disney charges for parking. The OP will probably save money if they take the shuttle to the parks but wind up taking a taxi back multiple times. I wouldn't bother with the tension. Enjoying your time in the park. Blow off the shuttle and take a taxi if you don't want to wait for the next shuttle.

Places that are close together, back stage, may be a much longer walk for guests. Anyone who's taken a backstage tour knows the countries in EPCOT are very close together, in the back. CBR and WBC may be next to each other, but the route you'll take to drive is much longer. The route to walk is not only longer but not really safe.

I guess you could make an adventure of it and climb a fence.

You may find that you have a simular experience with taxi's as you have with hotel rooms. It is going to be tough to find one that can carry 6 and you many need to budget for 2 if a van in not available.

SnowAngel or anyone else - What park were you in when you needed the taxi? What was the cost from said park back to Wyndham Bonnet Creek and how long was the ride?

Any taxi rates from any of the parks to WBC would be helpful. What about taxis from any of the Disney hotels to WBC?

Also, how long does it take the shuttle to go from WBC to each park?

Thanks!

You may find that you have a simular experience with taxi's as you have with hotel rooms. It is going to be tough to find one that can carry 6 and you many need to budget for 2 if a van in not available.

Let me start by saying I've never tried so I'm just guessing. But, I would think Orlando being well....Orlando, that it would not be an unusual request. There are many families visiting with more than 4 individuals. So, I would think that the taxi companies would be fairly well supplied with vans. :confused3 Again, just guessing. I guess we'll see...or hopefully, we won't.

I'll report back if I end up using it. I would like to be able to provide the info for others who would also like to not have to drive and just take shuttles as much as possible. It sure has been hard for me to find that info...positive info, anyways. :)

There were tons of vans available at the taxi depot.

A regular taxi from MK to WBC was $18 and change, so $20 with tip.

Taxi to CBR would be about $15.

I estimate cab from Epcot and DHS would be a bit less since they are closer.

There were tons of vans available at the taxi depot.

A regular taxi from MK to WBC was $18 and change, so $20 with tip.

Taxi to CBR would be about $15.

I estimate cab from Epcot and DHS would be a bit less since they are closer.

:thumbsup2 That's what I figured.

PS I think you can easily rent a standard car for $150-$200 for the week.

Yeah, I've heard that a time or two. :rotfl2:

Are you still at WBC? Do you know which building is best to get a fireworks view AND to be close to a shuttle stop?

Thanks Snow Angel. I am planning on a stay of a week at WBC with my cousin and then after 7 nights we will transfer to the Villas at WL where will use Disney transportation and a few random taxi rides.

So we would need a taxi from the airport to WBC. Then we could use mostly shuttles to the parks and sometimes getting back to WBC from the parks. One day will be a waterpark (no shuttle for that so 2 taxi rides there and back) and 1 day to Boardwalk for dinner (2 taxi rides there and back) and a taxi ride from WBC to VWL on our last day. Add in a couple more random taxi rides. I estimate at $25 give or take for a taxi ride plus $50 for the airport run we would likely spend $200 on taxi rides or $100 each splitting it.

I know we could get a car for that but then you have to pay for parking at $14 a day (5 park days at $14 = $70) and we want to have some drinks at various times and be safe. So we could spend $200 on a car and have to be constantly aware of how much we are drinking, or spend $200 on cabs and not have to worry about that so much (we are not lushes but do want to be responsible adults!).

So I figure the cab route is our best bet. Thanks for the information - I saw your reply to my original post about this too. Just not in time before I asked the same question again.

you need a car.

to walk from CBR to WBC - requires getting out on the road (this is one the busiest) and you might run into security guards who get upset at people walking.

you can't walk between the two - first there is a fence and a little creek.

Thanks Snow Angel. I am planning on a stay of a week at WBC with my cousin and then after 7 nights we will transfer to the Villas at WL where will use Disney transportation and a few random taxi rides.

So we would need a taxi from the airport to WBC. Then we could use mostly shuttles to the parks and sometimes getting back to WBC from the parks. One day will be a waterpark (no shuttle for that so 2 taxi rides there and back) and 1 day to Boardwalk for dinner (2 taxi rides there and back) and a taxi ride from WBC to VWL on our last day. Add in a couple more random taxi rides. I estimate at $25 give or take for a taxi ride plus $50 for the airport run we would likely spend $200 on taxi rides or $100 each splitting it.

I know we could get a car for that but then you have to pay for parking at $14 a day (5 park days at $14 = $70) and we want to have some drinks at various times and be safe. So we could spend $200 on a car and have to be constantly aware of how much we are drinking, or spend $200 on cabs and not have to worry about that so much (we are not lushes but do want to be responsible adults!).

So I figure the cab route is our best bet. Thanks for the information - I saw your reply to my original post about this too. Just not in time before I asked the same question again.

I love this idea. I am trying to convince DH that we don't need a car next time but he says he needs it. I did try though.

I just got home from the airport.

I know nothing of fireworks views, sorry.

Does anyone know what the current shuttle schedule is between the Wyndham Bonnet Creek and the Disney parks?

What I want to know -- THREE YEARS AFTER THE FACT -- is...

how did OP get home from the parks????:confused3

Like everyone has said, walking from CBR to Bonnet Creek would not be a good idea, too far and dangerous.

Mears has a calculator that gives cab fare from various locations, airport to hotel, hotel to hotel, park to hotel, etc; you can enter number of passengers, reserve a ride online too. Prices could change but it will give you a good idea what to expect to pay.

Its handy to know where to find taxi stands at the parks. A CM in the transportation areas can help with that. Last I knew, MK. cabs were at T&T Center, Epcot, HS and AK were near the Disney bus lanes. I'm not sure where DD cab stand is now, in the past it was by Pleasure Island and I definitely would not have recommended to take a bus from a park to DD to get a cab to Bonnet Creek, too much time, too long of a walk and only a few bucks saved.

If we don't rent a car I don't hesitate to get a cab if I feel like it. I've been waiting for a bus at Epcot and grabbed a cab to a Disney hotel cause I was so hot & tired and just wanted to sit! So worth it!! :)

Best deal I could find for car rental this past July was $285 for a week and that was a small mid-size. Using a close by hotel shuttle and cabs when needed would have been a lot less.

Just saw this is an old thread!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter