TheNeverEndingPTR! Sept2010...no, November...WAIT! January?Ugh. maybe September 2011!

Why does my ticker says 9 months and 2 days and yours says 9 months and 3 days???

I think I messed up and put the 26th! I'm completely unwilling to change it now b/c it's moved and I don't want to start over! I'll just have to leave it as it is. :laughing:

Merry Christmas! (a couple days early!) We are celebrating today, as well as tomorrow and Christmas b/c Eli is here and we take her home tomorrow. The house is rocking to the sound of Beatles Rockband, uploading MP3 players, and laughter this morning! :lovestruc

There is a very large blip in our celebration and it very much effects our trip plans (or at least the payments I was intending on making!). Rey got suspended from work for 30 days! :eek: It's a truck driver thing, but basically he had 3 logbook issues in a year and had been shut down by DOT, so they gave him a suspension. I'm trying to roll with the punches here, we'll be ok, I think, deferring some bills and using my petsitting money (ahem...that was supposed to be making trip payments) for groceries, etc. He'll go back Jan. 21st, so it will just be very tight until then! There is ALWAYS a bright side to everything in my world though, and this means I get him home for a month! I don't think he has been here for a month for over 13 YEARS, so it will be nice to have an extended period of time to spend with him, especially in the dead of winter. Hopefully he'll be missing out on driving in some bad storms as well. You have to try and find a silver lining sometimes, right?!?!?!

Anyway, I attempted to get a family pic of all 4 kids and failed miserably. My boys really do hate having their pics taken, so it was like pulling teeth! On top of that, learning a new lens and the ins and outs is NOT something that's easily done with resistant subjects! :p The girls did great though! Here are some of our holiday pics:

christmaskids157aeee.jpg

christmaskids124arrr.jpg

christmaskids060a.jpg

christmaskids159a.jpg

christmaskids149a.jpg

christmaskids160a.jpg

Love the pics with the new lens! The look on Savannah's face in the third one is priceless!

party: Happy New Year!!!!!!! pixiedust:

I hope everyone is starting off the year well today! We stayed up and had a couple friends over to ring in the new year. Lots of board games and silliness! This is going to be a great year...b/c we're going to WDW! How could it not?!? :goodvibes

I got online right away this morning and signed us up for Give a Day-Get a Day! I'm so excited! We have to drive into St. Louis (about 100 miles) to do it, but Eli lives there anyway and she'll be volunteering with us, so it will work out perfectly!

There were not a ton of opportunities with younger (under 16) kids, but I found one that looks nice. We will be making origami flowers and cards on MLK Day to be distributed to residential elderly care facilities in the area. Sounds like a worthy cause and we'll either get a ticket each or FP's for our trip. We really won't need the tickets, but I thought this would be a great opportunity to not only connect as a family and get excited for our trip but to give back to the community. We don't do it nearly enough and we should!

Hope & I haven't started walking yet b/c I'm a lazy bum and it's 11 degrees! :cold: The only indoor place in our area to walk costs money. Looks like we're going to have to bite the bullet and just bundle up. I keep saying that, but do you see me walking??? :rolleyes:

Off to petsit this morning! I hope your first morning of 2010 has started off well!

WDW20092909a.jpg

You ARE a lazy bum!!! LOL- Nah, it is just really, really cold!

Apparantly I'm the lazy one since I slept in this morning and can't sign up for anything because the website is too overloaded. *sigh*

Joining your PTR cause it'S GREAT!

Planning is part of the fun for me too!

We are hoping to do a Sept. trip as well (with free dining) - if hubby can find a job - big if there.

Keep telling me all your plans so I can keep going on mine.

And the homeschool tickets are great - we don't homeschool yet but is a MAJOR option for middleschool which is a year and 1/2 a way.

PS Can you walk at the mall? We have lots of mall walkers here.

Joining your PTR cause it'S GREAT!

Planning is part of the fun for me too!

We are hoping to do a Sept. trip as well (with free dining) - if hubby can find a job - big if there.

Keep telling me all your plans so I can keep going on mine.

And the homeschool tickets are great - we don't homeschool yet but is a MAJOR option for middleschool which is a year and 1/2 a way.

PS Can you walk at the mall? We have lots of mall walkers here.

Welcome, welcome!!! :goodvibes

Ah, athe mall. I miss those days of living in the city. I guess I forgot to mention that we live 100 miles from the nearest mall! It's a pretty rural area and there just aren't a lot of places we can go inside to walk.

Hey Hope, we could walk at Voldemart?!?! It could be an in-your-face gesture b/c we could walk but refrain from buying anything! :laughing: (which would take some will power on my part!) Do you think they would notice we were just walking in circles? :p

You laugh but I actually considered it until I remembered that the lighting or something in that place literally makes me sick. :sick:

Wow, love reading your PTR (and some of the last TR) I have literally been sitting here for over an hour reading while DH watches all the football. looking forward to following the rest of your planning as we plan as well.

Wow, love reading your PTR (and some of the last TR) I have literally been sitting here for over an hour reading while DH watches all the football. looking forward to following the rest of your planning as we plan as well.

Thank you and welcome! I'm glad you like my TR, I didn't realize in my haste that they would close it and make it so no one could comment if it was moved to completed TRs! That's what I get for being OCD! :p

:cutie:Hello my friend. Sorry I have not been around much since my last trip to Disney in November and then the holidays kept me hopping. It was a great trip, and very different without having the kids with us, although I did miss them somewhat, somehow I don't think hubby shares that opinion with me!:laughing: So glad you got your lens, the pix are great as usual. Actually I think I have the same table as you, I noticed it in the pic of your tree (beautiful) and then the pix of the kids - I thought they came really nice, I know what a job it is to get 6 kids to smile all at the same time - usually they are beating each other up in that close proximity!:rotfl:
Sorry to hear about Rey being suspended but I hope you are enjoying your time with him! Some days I would like to be suspended from work to stay home, but then again we like to eat - haha! As always your plans and back up plans look great! I have to start calling for ADRs for my July trip next month and I have not a clue what I am in the mood for! It's hard to plan not knowing EMH, etc. We just switched from staying at Bay Lake Tower to the Animal Kingdom at the kids request UGH:upsidedow. I'll get there someday I hope! Actually I have to go to West Palm Beach in 2 weeks to see my family. My uncle is not doing so hot, so off I go. Of course I got the call that said I should make a trip down, the day after I got home from Disney - boy did I feel bad!

Well I hope your holidays were great and a happy 2010 to you! Gina:cutie:

Gina!!! I'm so glad you popped in! Sorry to hear about your uncle, but at least you get to go somewhere warm for a bit, right? It was ZERO degrees here this morning and I was dreaming of Florida. Can't wait to hear about what ADR's you choose, I'm jealous you are going in July, September feels like eons! (I was going to type MONTHS and then realized it IS months away!) :laughing:

Well I hope Florida is warmer when I go. Today it was in the 30's. Although for you that would be like a heat wave! I subbed in on Hope's PTR so now I can keep up with the both of you! So many great ideas so little time!! As for ADR's I have some swirling in my head a must do repeat is Crystal Palace for breakfast, and Whispering Canyon for dinner can anyone say pass the ketchup! I think Ohana is in the running since we liked the luau but not paying for it again - pineapple bread is my 9 yo's new weakness. Also Boma is in the mix - me and hubby went in November and loved it, not sure how the kiddies will do, but I am sure they can make a meal out of mac and cheese and Zebra Domes. Hell I could just eat dessert myself! Also planning on Chef Mickey's this time as. Gee it does sound like I have more planned than I thought, I just have to pick the days! It so hard without knowing park hours and emh either, UGH! Plus I have to find out how to avoid parks with tour groups - I got stuck in that mess in DHS last year with the dreaded yellow and green flag people and I thought I would kill someone. I almost came to blows in a restroom but that is another story! Time to start researching!:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter