Theft inside the bubble?

I never experienced the feeling of not being able to able to leave my things while I'm in the pool or on the slide. This extends to Castaway Cay as well and going into the ocean. Those time frames were around 30 minutes at a time, and no one ever touched my things.

This is how I feel also. I never have much in my bag and my phone is old enough that it is not desirable. But, I have no concerns about the pool deck or CC.

We had this happen to someone on the Fantasy in September. They made them walk back down to the cubbies by the entrance to store it.

It's a good thing I didn't bring mine then. I got all the way to the top and was like, dang, maybe I should have brought it to video us in the raft :)

Which one did you get? I lost the one we used last time and need to get a new one. I would prefer one that has been Aqua Duck tested LOL.
From Amazon
YOSH Waterproof Phone Case Universal Waterproof Phone Pouch
I got each kid one and i tested each one by putting tissue/small bit of papertowel then putting
it under water. I remember having to send 1 back for a replacement. But the others tested fine.
Test ...test..test...

From Amazon
YOSH Waterproof Phone Case Universal Waterproof Phone Pouch
I got each kid one and i tested each one by putting tissue/small bit of papertowel then putting
it under water. I remember having to send 1 back for a replacement. But the others tested fine.
Test ...test..test...

Thanks! I will check it out. I also appreciate the tip on testing it out!

I generally keep my phone on me but otherwise am pretty relaxed. I’ve never had any issues.

I also left a bunch of stuff in the stroller when we used strollers to go the parks. Park purchases, a backpack with a kids Kindle, etc… I never had anyone steal anything.

I always left stuff in the stroller realizing that they could be stolen. I generally didn’t leave anything valued at over $100. I approached it as it was a reasonable amount of money I was willing to gamble for the benefit of not having to carry it in lines. As long as you’re not leaving the clearly obvious stuff in plain sight then I think you’ll be fine. It’s a lot more brazen for a thief to go through a bag rather than just grab an already visible item of value.

I use a waterproof phone case or Kyss bag depending on how much I have with me. I don't understand how people believe bad things don't happen because it's Disney.

The reality of this whole thing is somewhere between no one would ever do something bad on a Disney vacation and everyone is out to get me all the time.

Most of the time, leaving a phone or sunglasses on a pool chair is probably fine because most people won't mess with it. I would guess people who would consider taking someone's stuff are pretty aware of all the cameras that are watching them all the time. And still, bad things can happen. Everyone has to evaluate their own risk tolerance and decide what to do.

would you all say it's safe/worth it to bring my nice DSLR camera? I think I would be very nervous leaving it around by the pool or beach. I know there is also a way to have pictures taken by Disney photographers and purchase prints at the end of the cruise, is this a better idea? Is the photo quality worth the price?

would you all say it's safe/worth it to bring my nice DSLR camera? I think I would be very nervous leaving it around by the pool or beach. I know there is also a way to have pictures taken by Disney photographers and purchase prints at the end of the cruise, is this a better idea? Is the photo quality worth the price?
We always take our DSLRs (his and hers, hers is much more sophisticated since DW has a much better eye than I have). However, we leave them in the room if we go to the pool. We like having the cameras for shots outside those the onboard photographers take. We do also purchase some of those pictures, particularly on the optional dressy dinner nights. We enjoy the opportunity to get professionally captured images of us in our dress clothes.

Absolutely! I bring my DSLR (now mirrorless), tripod and several lenses. Usually have it with me all day, generally in a small backpack. Have never had an issue leaving it on a chair at Castaway (though I do attach the straps to the chair to discourage a grab and go).

Disney has always been the real world. I act the same way at WDW and the cruise that I do anywhere else. I don't take valuables with me, I don't leave my stuff unattended, I make sure that my wallet is in deep pockets and hard to get, I don't carry a purse or bag with me, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter