The Worst Of WDW Food Awards

This is obviously information that we will never have access to or knowledge of, but you have to wonder why there is a lack of consistency. We haven't been to Tony's since our first trip in 2007, but I didn't notice anything bad. Maybe because of some extenuating circumstances. BUT, after years of reading here, I wouldn't go back.

Word of mouth is powerful, people.
I've been to Tony's a good number of times, with alternating experiences. Good then bad, good again, then bad, etc. So now, knowing it's so inconsistent, I only book it as an extra and mostly only as lunch.

On our initial day last week, we stopped by Pecos Bill (unplanned), and I knew we were in for an experience. Their hamburgers didn't fail to deliver some of the memorable places to never return to...no matter how short the line is and how hungry you may be.
Yikes! Sad to see Pecos Bill on so many people's lists here. (I am gluten free now) but for many years, all my sons and I enjoyed the burgers. I guess I need to make a new plan for them if there is a next time.

You know what I am sick of? The EXTREMELY expensive festival food at Epcot that is never served at the right temperature and is always served with the teensiest bit of 'tude. Why are they putting out the same dishes year after year after year after year......

All might hate me for this... but here it goes. Worst buffet goes to Tusker House for me. Dirty, food was not that great, and it was just a mess.
Oops :laughing: ...of course! (We're going there in April). Because we kept hearing it was great but never managed to get there, and we love Boma. Oh well, at least we know to temper our expectations. Maybe we'll get lucky, but at least we won't be still curious.

LOL, what's up with Disney and the bad pizza? It's mostly bread with a little sauce and dwindling of cheese. Got to agree with previous poster that Animal Kingdom has some of the best quick service places.

It's not just Disney. Once you get past Northern NJ, the pizza SUCKS. Doesn't matter the state. You can get serviceable pizza at a chain (Pizza Hut, Bertucci's, etc.), but that's about it.

Yes, I'm a pizza snob, but I come from a state with the best pizza in the U.S.

T-Rex and Beaches and Cream. I had food poisoning at both places and B&C in particular was super overrated. Hurricane Hanna's is much better!

Sci-Fi isn't horrible but the service is always bad. I feel like they purposely find the grouchiest 20-somethings to work there.

Hollywood and Vine's food is pretty gross but the customer service has always been great and the characters have the best interactions.

Okay, I'll join in! The worst meal we've ever had, that has caused me to vow never to go back, was at Beaches and Cream last July 2020. I had the Reuben sandwich, and my sister had the French Dip. There was so much fat throughout the corned beef, like big chunks of fat, that it still makes me gag when I think about it, with barely a smear of thousand island on it, and very scant coleslaw. It was just disgusting. I think they left the dip part out of my sister's French Dip. The meat was more like jerky, and there was very little of it. Thankfully, she can tolerate fatty meat, so offered to give me a half of her sandwich, and she took half of mine, but we were like never again. The service was also terrible. For $16 and $17 respectively, these sandwiches were totally not worth it. I'm a half full kind of girl, and always willing to give things a second chance, but I'm seriously scared away from B&C now. We were so looking forward to this meal, too. My root beer float was good though, as was my sister's glass of wine. One other thing, since the remodel, B&C has totally lost it's charm. The end.

If you eat with your eyes first, then this looks like a loser. Even the onion rings couldn't save this meal. They were greasy and under salted, and just not good.
enhance

See, I wasn't exaggerating! :scared: :crazy2:
View attachment 556268

Where's the beef? :confused3 I nominate this pic for most unappetizing photo of the year award!
View attachment 556269

Thank goodness it's hard to mess up wine and ice cream!
enhance

that looks horrible!! I would have been so pissed.

It's not just Disney. Once you get past Northern NJ, the pizza SUCKS. Doesn't matter the state. You can get serviceable pizza at a chain (Pizza Hut, Bertucci's, etc.), but that's about it.

Yes, I'm a pizza snob, but I come from a state with the best pizza in the U.S.

Pennsylvania? Me too!

This is official BTW!

Worst Pizza - Room service at CSR

DON'T WORRY YOU ALL, WE ARE NOW BRINGING YOU WITH THE MOST DELICIOUS RECIPES.

Worst chicken fingers - The Lunching Pad "Caribbean Jerk Chicken Strips served with choice of Side"
These are regular chicken strips, topped with some mixture of, I don't know, maybe jalapeno and green pepper?? Now I am not claiming to be an expert on jerk chicken, but I do know, that this isn't it! 😀Would have been tolerable if it still tasted good, but no such luck. I couldn't wait to show these babies off, we had a good laugh over it.

I can't say that we've had a memorably awful meal at Disney (although a pre-pandemic meal at Chef Mickey's was close). Rather, we look at it through a value lens. For instance, we had an AMAZING meal at Story Book Dining at $60 per adult (and we could have asked for endless entree dishes to boot!). Or we could pay $55 per adult at Chef Mickeys for some really ordinary buffet offerings (mac & cheese, etc). Both are character meet-and-greets but Story Book had exceptionally good food. I'm willing to pay $60 for good food but will not pay for Chef Mickey's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!