The Wilderness Lodge and Villas FAQ (Part 7) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm signing on! We were super lucky and snagged a Free Dining ressie for in Dec..Dec 10-14!!! I'm pretty sure someone must have canceled as the resort has been booked for months with Free Dining!! We even got courtyard view with bunk bed! We canceled our AKL room and are paying $15 more a night to stay at the resort we wanted to stay at since day 1. It will be our 7th stay at WL..most recent being last Dec!!

Can't wait!!!

Anyone have a personal review of Artist's Point? I'm looking at taking my Mom there one night. What are the not-to-be-missed dishes?

Brian

We ate there last Dec for the first time and LOVED IT!!! My parents and I all got the salmon and it was the best we've had. My brother got some kind of "wild game" can't think of what it was at the moment. He also got the cheese platter and my parents and I got the soup. We started off with just one soup and it was such a hit that 2 more ended up coming to our table!

The desserts were also good. We all got the cobbler but I didn't like the "homemade" ice cream that went with it. If I were to get it again, I'd request it without the ice cream or just get a plain vanilla if they had it.

We would for sure return!!

I recently asked this on the restaurant board but surprisingly didn't get a firm answer. Did anyone who recently visited WL notice if the tuna sandwich is still on the menu at RF? It is listed on the Allears menu but not on the one for this site.

Thanks in advance for those who answer.

Myself, DS, DDin law, my two grandsons will be staying at the Villa's Dec 10 through 17 2010! So happy to get an RCI exchange! I can't wait to see the magic in my grandson's eyes!

Ate there in July and had an amazing meal. Don't get drawn into the salmon, while very good it was still pretty much just salmon. Go for one of the specials or something that seems interesting to you on the menu. Service is great and the setting is serene. Exceptional wine list and at many price points.

We ate there last Dec for the first time and LOVED IT!!! My parents and I all got the salmon and it was the best we've had. My brother got some kind of "wild game" can't think of what it was at the moment. He also got the cheese platter and my parents and I got the soup. We started off with just one soup and it was such a hit that 2 more ended up coming to our table!

The desserts were also good. We all got the cobbler but I didn't like the "homemade" ice cream that went with it. If I were to get it again, I'd request it without the ice cream or just get a plain vanilla if they had it.

We would for sure return!!

CONGRATS on the free dining snag!! I'm sure you lucked out with that one!!!

Thanks!

I will definitely have to take a look at those.

Ate there in July and had an amazing meal. Don't get drawn into the salmon, while very good it was still pretty much just salmon. Go for one of the specials or something that seems interesting to you on the menu. Service is great and the setting is serene. Exceptional wine list and at many price points.

Not too into salmon myself so it will be easy to look at the other things on the menu!

The serene setting put it over the top for me already!

Thanks,

Brian

I am so excited to be here!!!! We just booked a trip for the begining of June!!!!

LOVE me some WL...can't wait to be part of the discussion!

I am so excited to be here!!!! We just booked a trip for the begining of June!!!!

LOVE me some WL...can't wait to be part of the discussion!

Congrats on your booking!!! I was planning on looking into getting a room at the villas sometime. Since it seems we use the pool and hottub over there more than the main ones. Have you staying there before?

Brian

Congrats on your booking!!! I was planning on looking into getting a room at the villas sometime. Since it seems we use the pool and hottub over there more than the main ones. Have you staying there before?

Brian

Once I stayed in the regular rooms for a few days.... many years ago though.... really looking forward to staying at the villas!!!!

I'm subscribing to this thread. Planning on one of our trips either SPring Break or Fall break at Wilderness Lodge :goodvibes. We haven't stayed here since 2003 so it will be nice to go back.

We will be at WL Dec 3-12 and we are wondering if they have movie nights on the beach in Dec, if so is there a movie list and times and can you buy something to eat. (popcorn etc.)
Thanks

All this information is GREAT!! How about details of Christmas events going on in the lobby? Is there a set time each night that "holiday entertainment" begins (choirs and such)?

I love the WL and usually go during October. Next year my sister and I want to change things up a bit and go a little later in the fall. Any idea when the Christmas decorations are put up??? I've heard how beautiful everything is with the huge tree and all, that we would love to see it in person.

I love the WL and usually go during October. Next year my sister and I want to change things up a bit and go a little later in the fall. Any idea when the Christmas decorations are put up??? I've heard how beautiful everything is with the huge tree and all, that we would love to see it in person.
TIA,
Deb

Not sure how early it is up, but we usually arrive the day after Thanksgiving and it is up then.:thumbsup2

TIA,
Deb
I can't remember which thread it was, but someone recently posted that they're either there now or just got back and the decorations are already going up at the WL.

Thanks so much for the info...looks like we better plan for the middle of November to make sure we don't miss them!
Already I'm getting excited about our 2011 fall trip. However will we make through an entire year??? :woohoo:

Just curious if anyone has ever been successful in upgrading to CL upon check-in.

In August, I snagged a tremendous Christmas rate ($276/NT) through Expedia for a Courtyard View, however, CL wasn't offered for this "special promo rate."

I'm trying to gauge how likely it is that I would be able to pay to upgrade to CL at check-in. The WDW booking site still shows CL availability over Christmas:santa:.

If it is possible, would the charge be the difference between what I paid and the CL rack rate? If so, then nevermind:rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter