The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

1 pound white potatoes
1 pound sweet potatoes

Boiled and mashed together. Add 4 tbl of butter salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. Can add milk too if needed. Set aside

HI WFD Ladies!!!! I popped in and there you were!!!!!

I have terrible time management skills lately so dinner has been hot or miss. I am trying to plan ahead, and to buy food that is easy and fast to cook, but that is not all prepackaged.
Today my daughter Marisa and her family stopped by toplay cards, so the original sausage, peppers and onions over either roasted potatoes or pasta went out the window and Chinese is in.

This sounds delicious! A nice change from my traditional Shepard pie and one the girls I pick up on my way home from work would love!

Preheat oven to 350

In 2 tbls veg oil cook one large onion chopped and 1 pound of sliced mushrooms for 5 -7min
Add 2 pounds of ground beef. When beef is browned add 1 cup of beef stock and salt and pepper to taste. (I cook the liquid down some)
In 9 inch oven safe pan layer the beef mixture and top with the mashed potato mixture. Dot with butter and cook for 45 min until heated through and top os lightly browned.

My grandmother gave this recipe to me and this is exactly how she wrote it :)

Howdy!!!!

How are you doing?

Been OK, trying to sell off anything not tied down on eBay, but what else is new?

I hurt my leg on Memorial Day doing stupid stuff. Today is the first day that I've gone without a lidocaine patch on it. Hopefully it gets better soon cause I have a parade to march in a week!

How about you?

Been OK, trying to sell off anything not tied down on eBay, but what else is new?

I hurt my leg on Memorial Day doing stupid stuff. Today is the first day that I've gone without a lidocaine patch on it. Hopefully it gets better soon cause I have a parade to march in a week!

How about you?
Still trying to recover from the Car Wreck - Got a pinched nerve in my neck, going to PT twice a week... Lots of fun.. and trying to work.

Do you think those patches work? They gave me some for the pain and I do not think they work for me.

Still trying to recover from the Car Wreck - Got a pinched nerve in my neck, going to PT twice a week... Lots of fun.. and trying to work.

I had forgotten about the car wreck. Those are awful and take so long to recover from. Even what seems like the most minor ones. :hug:

Do you think those patches work? They gave me some for the pain and I do not think they work for me.

Are they prescription strength patches? They work pretty good for me and have been dulling the pain. I'm going to out one on today because I went to the Chiropractor and they massaged the sore muscles. It will help overall, but now it's kind if inflamed from all the attention.

I had forgotten about the car wreck. Those are awful and take so long to recover from. Even what seems like the most minor ones. :hug:

Are they prescription strength patches? They work pretty good for me and have been dulling the pain. I'm going to out one on today because I went to the Chiropractor and they massaged the sore muscles. It will help overall, but now it's kind if inflamed from all the attention.

Yes, it is taking longer than I wanted to recover and it might take more time.
The patches are Rx Strength, 5% I think, about 5-inch square, but they just do not seem to help.

I am so glad you are able to get relief from them, maybe it is just the kind of pain I am not sure, but so far not impressed with them

The patches are Rx Strength, 5% I think, about 5-inch square, but they just do not seem to help.

I am so glad you are able to get relief from them, maybe it is just the kind of pain I am not sure, but so far not impressed with them
....feel better soon....my DS, as you may know, is currently doing DCP. Yesterday he had the late shift, so decided to use the pool at his community center. It suddenly began to rain, with thunder and lightning, so he ran for cover, but the cement was slippery, and he fell and [literally] split open his head. He had to get 5 staples in his head!

....feel better soon....my DS, as you may know, is currently doing DCP. Yesterday he had the late shift, so decided to use the pool at his community center. It suddenly began to rain, with thunder and lightning, so he ran for cover, but the cement was slippery, and he fell and [literally] split open his head. He had to get 5 staples in his head!
Ughhh, hope he feels better soon! That is awful.

Hi Brandi! Have your tried massage therapy? Buddy has been in agony for a few years, and has gone for more tests than I care to count, PT, shots. The works. The neurosurgeon said he is 66 years old and has beat the heck out of his spine. Okay. The salon near my house is where he goes for haircuts, and she recently added a massage therapist to her team, an itty bitty thing. Well, Aimee has been slowly turning my old fogey hubby into a renaissance man; he goes for his haircuts twice a month, lets her shave him, comes home with sprays with essential oil, LOL!!!! Well she convinced him to get a massage. That girl found the spots in his back and he was pain free for over a week. Now that may not sound like a lot, but he has never gone that long. I think he needs to make some regular visits, and he agrees, but I wonder if your pinched nerve needs a little TLC and massage therapy may be what it takes.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awful!

So dinner has been just okay. I made sausage and peppers Monday night over angel hair. The girls do not like red sauce so I fixed a garlic sauce. It was just okay, and my sweet sausage mixed with a little hot was all screaming hot!

Tuesday I fixed ham steaks with a mixed veggie pasta. Again, it was just okay. Buddy has asked that I please stop nanatizing his food. LOL!

Wednesday I hit the Job Lot to take advantage of the 25% off entire purchase if I am 62 (yes) so we had homemade grinders and chips for dinner.

Tonight is Nola's end of year concert so we will stop at a wake, go to the concert and have leftovers. I am going to try to make a correction to the sausage and pepper hot fiasco.

The rest of the month is crazy! We had to Roger Williams University on Sunday with Kady and Marisa. This is Kady's orientation, so she is busy but we will have a chance to tour the university and area while she does whatever they are supposed to do. Dinner Sunday thru Tuesday is in that area.

Saturday is a BBQ to welcome my nephew's fiancé to the family, so the weekend is shot.

The following Saturday is Kady's graduation, and I will host a small gathering after. Kady has requested sandwich platters and sides.

The 22nd is her party and Marisa has a shindig planned at Welby's. It is a small party but she has a softiserve ice cream machine, a shave ice truck and goodness only knows what food, games, and treats. It is a pool party and they have a projector ready in case folks stay after dark for movies.

I hope you all are enjoying a decent stretch of weather, and pray that you are all healing form the Spring falls, as well as that nasty accident!

So dinner has been just okay. I made sausage and peppers Monday night over angel hair. The girls do not like red sauce so I fixed a garlic sauce. It was just okay, and my sweet sausage mixed with a little hot was all screaming hot!

I have a recipe for sausage and peppers that is over penne. We haven't had it in a while, but just the other day I put it on the menu for a week or so out.

Last night I had a Caprese salad for dinner. We were going to have Chinese Chicken salad, but Fran wanted a tomato. Since we're not growing our own this year I bought an heirloom at the store. It was huge and made for a dinner for me. So the Chinese Chicken salad will be tonight.

Hi Brandi! Have your tried massage therapy? Buddy has been in agony for a few years, and has gone for more tests than I care to count, PT, shots. The works. The neurosurgeon said he is 66 years old and has beat the heck out of his spine. Okay. The salon near my house is where he goes for haircuts, and she recently added a massage therapist to her team, an itty bitty thing. Well, Aimee has been slowly turning my old fogey hubby into a renaissance man; he goes for his haircuts twice a month, lets her shave him, comes home with sprays with essential oil, LOL!!!! Well she convinced him to get a massage. That girl found the spots in his back and he was pain free for over a week. Now that may not sound like a lot, but he has never gone that long. I think he needs to make some regular visits, and he agrees, but I wonder if your pinched nerve needs a little TLC and massage therapy may be what it takes.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awful!

Tuesday I fixed ham steaks with a mixed veggie pasta. Again, it was just okay. Buddy has asked that I please stop nanatizing his food. LOL!

Wednesday I hit the Job Lot to take advantage of the 25% off entire purchase if I am 62 (yes) so we had homemade grinders and chips for dinner.

Tonight is Nola's end of year concert so we will stop at a wake, go to the concert and have leftovers. I am going to try to make a correction to the sausage and pepper hot fiasco.

The rest of the month is crazy! We had to Roger Williams University on Sunday with Kady and Marisa. This is Kady's orientation, so she is busy but we will have a chance to tour the university and area while she does whatever they are supposed to do. Dinner Sunday thru Tuesday is in that area.

Saturday is a BBQ to welcome my nephew's fiancé to the family, so the weekend is shot.

The following Saturday is Kady's graduation, and I will host a small gathering after. Kady has requested sandwich platters and sides.

The 22nd is her party and Marisa has a shindig planned at Welby's. It is a small party but she has a softiserve ice cream machine, a shave ice truck and goodness only knows what food, games, and treats. It is a pool party and they have a projector ready in case folks stay after dark for movies.

I hope you all are enjoying a decent stretch of weather, and pray that you are all healing form the Spring falls, as well as that nasty accident!
Wow, that is one busy week, and I love it that Buddy has found some relief with Massage Therapy.
And how time appropriate, I had a 90 minute massage last night! lol.

I have been going to PT, Massage Therapy, and Acupuncture, and the Pain Management Dr, so I think I am doing everything but Chiropractor. Who knows I might add that too. :)

And oils to boot, look at how evolved Buddy is getting. I Love it.

I have a recipe for sausage and peppers that is over penne. We haven't had it in a while, but just the other day I put it on the menu for a week or so out.

Last night I had a Caprese salad for dinner. We were going to have Chinese Chicken salad, but Fran wanted a tomato. Since we're not growing our own this year I bought an heirloom at the store. It was huge and made for a dinner for me. So the Chinese Chicken salad will be tonight.
What is Chinese Chicken?

What is Chinese Chicken?

Costco has a mix for Chinese Chicken Salad. All the ingredients come in little packages. You make the salad part. I use lettuce, cucumber, celery, red onions, and bean sprouts if I have them. And then the packets have chicken, crispy noodles and wonton strips, cashews and almonds, and sesame dressing. You make the salad and put the packet toppings on top and toss.

Its pretty good and I've been serving it for over 20 years cause I know I served it at a bridal shower i hosted before i met Fran.

Wow, that is one busy week, and I love it that Buddy has found some relief with Massage Therapy.
And how time appropriate, I had a 90 minute massage last night! lol.

I have been going to PT, Massage Therapy, and Acupuncture, and the Pain Management Dr, so I think I am doing everything but Chiropractor. Who knows I might add that too. :)

And oils to boot, look at how evolved Buddy is getting. I Love it.

LOL! I know. He is getting domesticated! LOL!

I would not rule out a chiropractor, although after what you are going I through, one more pratictioner might just send you over the edge! Buddy was doing acupunture, but I dont think he was going often enough. I know my niece swears that the proctice wa a Godsend.
Costco has a mix for Chinese Chicken Salad. All the ingredients come in little packages. You make the salad part. I use lettuce, cucumber, celery, red onions, and bean sprouts if I have them. And then the packets have chicken, crispy noodles and wonton strips, cashews and almonds, and sesame dressing. You make the salad and put the packet toppings on top and toss.

Its pretty good and I've been serving it for over 20 years cause I know I served it at a bridal shower i hosted before i met Fran.

I remember Chinese chicken salad! I never made it but I used to be so happy when I went to a shower or party and it was on the table.

My plan is to finish the leftovers tonight. Yes, I am still planning dinners and not having them, just liek I have been doing for ten years! My DDIL used to check this thread just to see what was NOT for dinner! LOL!

Has anyone here tried Arbonne products? A friend used them for 30 days and is not selling them. I wondered if they help with a 30 day clean eating plan. The only problem, and it is a real problem for me is that I am afraid I will have to give up my wine.

Has anyone here tried Arbonne products? A friend used them for 30 days and is not selling them. I wondered if they help with a 30 day clean eating plan. The only problem, and it is a real problem for me is that I am afraid I will have to give up my wine.
:eek:......:faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter