The What's for Dinner Thread - August 2014 (recipe index in OP)

....hmmmm :scratchin , I wonder if I could substitute a GF version of the spice cake.....you meant a 'mix', right? [not an actual already-made cake?]

WFDT? Yup, LEFTOVERS again....it's monsooning outside, with wind gusts up to 40mph!

Good Sunday Morning!

Pio- you are always a busy woman!!! I am jealous, a trip to Shanghai? WOW!

We had a good time last night. Funny thing, I am "the payroll department" for the CPA I work for, so I run payroll for quite a few small businesses, and track income for others. I correspond with their book keepers, or whoever reports income or wages. Well we joined our friends for dinner before the concert, and they had another couple with them. OMG! Her first name was unusual, but I did nto want to pry...she said what's your name again? I have been chatting with her for close to 3 years! LOL!!! Small World! She does the books for one of my clients, so I get his income from her every month.

Dinner was Italian, and pretty good. Not great, but good.

The theater was odd, IMO. We were in the Balcony, and the view was really nice, but in order to accomplish that goal, the distance between each row was TIGHT! Like even my short little legs were pressed up against the set in front of me. The chair itself was wide enough so that you were not spilling into your neighbors side, but WOW! If you could have seen Donny and Buddy, knees pressed to nose! Yikes!

Dinner tonight is a sirloin steak grilled. Salad and maybe crash potatoes. Well it will be if there is propane and if it is not too cold. I am like the Winter Whisperer...If I plan to finally creep out into the yard there will be a blizzard! LOL!

WFDT? Actually, I have no idea what's gonna be for dinner for the next 4 weeks or so, since demo on my kitchen is formally starting TODAY

Happy Friday Ladies,

I am not even going to apologize for not being here anymore. I have been so busy and now with Lent starting I am even busier. I think of you every day and will get in when I can. I haven't even been on FB like I like to.

Kimmar ~ how exciting. We just have finished a bedroom remodel - well actually we took it completely down to the studs. Our home is a 125 year old farm house. There is not one wall that is straight, and completely plastered. What a mess - we hung sheetrock, rewired it, new floor and sub floor - well actually it was a complete renovation. But I love it now that it is finished.

Alison ~ I know you are already gone. I sure hope you and Fran are having fun.

Nan ~ Glad you had a great weekend. You so deserved it!!

PIO ~ I am loving your pictures. Just beautiful!!

Brandi ~ I loved your pictures from over the weekend. You do the most amazing things. How are you feeling?

Last Friday we got about 10" of snow but over the weekend it was in the 40's and by Wednesday all of the snow was gone. It is to be in the 60's today and upper 70's over the weekend. Spring really is just around the corner.

We have a busy weekend as tomorrow, Jay is retiring from the National Guard. He joined when he was just 17, been on 2 tours of duty and is ready to call it quits after 20 years. There is a big ceremony tomorrow afternoon and then a celebration and supper at 6pm. The boys are coming home with us, so the adults can have a bit of fun. Matthew and Katlin will be coming also so we all will be together. I can't wait to have all my chicks together. :)

WFDT ~ Grilled rib eyes, baked potatoes and a green salad.

Make it a great day All!!!

I am not even going to apologize for not being here anymore. I have been so busy and now with Lent starting I am even busier. I think of you every day and will get in when I can.

:wave:

I think we can all understand this sentiment. Real life just seems to get so much more complicated and fast-paced these days. I have every intention of getting on the Dis....but I never seem to be able to find or make the time. :(

Hope that the pace of Lent settles down.

WFDT? Probably going to the diner, after 5:30 mass......still no kitchen....

:wave2:

Hi all! We docked this morning, arrived at the Boardwalk by 11AM and spent the next few hours in Epcot. Fran got a nap for an hour or so while I repacked our suitcases. Then we headed over to The Springs where we had dinner at Paddlefish (formerly Fulton's Crab House). On the bus back to the resort now and I think I'll practically pass out, but first a bath in my jacuzzi tub!

Last edited:
Alison - Have a great time at the World. It is going to be quite a few years before I head back there. It may be a 4-year thing. I think you'll understand.

Kimmar - Just think of you nice new kitchen when it's all done. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see the pics!

WFDT?

We had flat rice noodles with some fish cake and hoisin sauce.

Good Morning everyone.

life does get in the way and makes it hard to keep up on all our friends.
Today is my first day back to work and dinner tonight will be an easy taco salad.
Something simple and easy to throw together.

Hope you all have a great day.

:wave: I probably won't have time to check in again before I head to Shanghai and HK. Catch you all in about 10 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter