The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Where can I purchase groceries for delivery to Bonnet Creek? Will they hold the delivery if the delivered before we get there. Also, if there is cold food do they have a refrigerator?
Do I pick the food up at the same building as check in? Sorry for all of the questions, but I have never had food delivered to Bonnet Creek before. Thanks

Does anyone have the email address for Wyndham Bonnet Creek? I work 3rd shift and it is difficult for me to call during normal business hours.

Booked WBC for August today! Really excited to be going back again. Probably our 6th or 7th stay and they've all been great. We have a 3 bedroom deluxe reserved through Ken Price and Vacation Upgrades. Highly recommend them if you're considering staying at WBC.

I just requested a quote for the beginning of June and received a message saying it was during the restricted period. Where do you stay if WBC isn’t available during the school vacation months?

I just requested a quote for the beginning of June and received a message saying it was during the restricted period. Where do you stay if WBC isn’t available during the school vacation months?

Sheraton Vistana Resort (Not to be confused with Sheraton Vistana Village). You can book it directly through Marriott, AAA discount available if you are a member.

Sheraton Vistana Resort (Not to be confused with Sheraton Vistana Village). You can book it directly through Marriott, AAA discount available if you are a member.
Difference? The only listings I can find have both village and resort in the name, can't find separate listings. TIA

Attachments

• IMG_5824.jpeg
    IMG_5824.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 5
Where can I purchase groceries for delivery to Bonnet Creek? Will they hold the delivery if the delivered before we get there. Also, if there is cold food do they have a refrigerator?
Do I pick the food up at the same building as check in? Sorry for all of the questions, but I have never had food delivered to Bonnet Creek before. Thanks
My number one complaint about Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek is that they will NOT accept any grocery orders at all unless you are physically present. Last year when we stayed there I placed an Amazon Whole Foods order to be delivered before our arrival, only to get a panicked text from the delivery person while at the airport saying that the front desk would not accept the order. I spoke to a staff member and he absolutely refused to relent, so it all had to go back to Whole Foods (I did get a refund). I was very surprised as we had been able to do this in the past, but apparently their policy changed, and this is a major reason why I would be very reluctant to return there, unless they change the policy back again.

What’s the difference and is one better then the other?
Sheraton Vistana is extremely close. It is right outside the gates. Villages is closer to Universal I think. As to quality my understanding is they are similar (although I’ve never stayed at Villages, and have stayed at Vistana a half-dozen times). We **love** Vistana. The suites are huge, the grounds and pools (7 of them!) are fantastic.

Since I can't post direct links here, do a search on YouTube for "sheraton vistana villages vs villas" and the top two non sponsored results should be two videos that compare the two. One is from my channel and one from another channel that I watch. They will give you a good idea of what each resort is like. YouTube is a great resource for learning about resorts before you go. Just like Disney YouTube channels.

Since I can't post direct links here, do a search on YouTube for "sheraton vistana villages vs villas" and the top two non sponsored results should be two videos that compare the two. One is from my channel and one from another channel that I watch. They will give you a good idea of what each resort is like. YouTube is a great resource for learning about resorts before you go. Just like Disney YouTube channels.
Can confirm, Dioxide’s YouTube videos are great. Please do more Disney-Area ones!

We’ve never stayed a bonnet creek; so I’d love some insights. We usually stay on-site, is driving to/from the parks that much more inconvenient then taking the bus? DH likes to be in the “bubble”, but I’m thinking a 2-bedroom at WBC will be much nicer than squeezing all 5 of us into a mod for about the same price?

For recent non-Disney trips we’ve done a 2BR villa in a resort, the setup was great and we loved having the kitchen for breakfast/snacks/quick meals. The extra bathroom is also very helpful with 3 daughters!

Has anyone gone from on-site to WBC and what we’re the pros/cons.

We’ve never stayed a bonnet creek; so I’d love some insights. We usually stay on-site, is driving to/from the parks that much more inconvenient then taking the bus? DH likes to be in the “bubble”, but I’m thinking a 2-bedroom at WBC will be much nicer than squeezing all 5 of us into a mod for about the same price?

For recent non-Disney trips we’ve done a 2BR villa in a resort, the setup was great and we loved having the kitchen for breakfast/snacks/quick meals. The extra bathroom is also very helpful with 3 daughters!

Driving to and from the parks is much nicer than relying on Disney bus transportation, especially if you are willing to pony up the extra $25 for preferred parking (especially at MK).

We're DVC members but have stayed at WBC via exchanging another timeshare we own. As long as you have a car, driving to the parks is easy. WBC is in a very convenient location. Even driving to MK isn't a problem (for us, anyway) - just allow enough time to ride the monorail or the ferry (we like the ferry) across the lagoon from the TTC. I agree that a 2BR "apartment" is much better for a family of 5 than a hotel room (that's why we own DVC and other timeshare!), and at WBC you feel like you're in the bubble with the exception of having to drive to the parks.

We used to always stay on property but as our family grew over the years from 1 to 4 kids we had to find an alternative to Disney. The cost for a family of 6 is prohibitively expensive. We’ve probably stayed at WBC 6 or 7 times and they’ve all been great visits. We love the variety of pools and really enjoy the extra room. It’s nice to not be on top of one another like we would be in a hotel room. We also like having the washer/dryer in the room. We can pack less since we do a quick load of laundry every couple of days. We always have our own car and the driving is very easy as the hotel is practically on Disney property. We usually place an online grocery order for pickup at the nearest Publix when we make it into Orlando. We just pull up to the curb outside and they load it right in the car for us.

The only con for us is that it’s not a true Disney themed hotel. But there are so many overwhelming positives that we don’t really miss being on property.

I always just Uber/Lyft. Already saving a ton at WBC and the grounds are so nice I almost always have 1-2 resort only days saving even more. You pretty much getting larger accommodation, great resort amenities, and private car service to and from parks for less.

Sheraton Vistana is extremely close. It is right outside the gates. Villages is closer to Universal I think. As to quality my understanding is they are similar (although I’ve never stayed at Villages, and have stayed at Vistana a half-dozen times). We **love** Vistana. The suites are huge, the grounds and pools (7 of them!) are fantastic.
There are many here who do love the Sheraton Vistana. We stayed as invited guests of Sheraton, purpose to buy into their TS. Were located in Cascades, unit was very nice. Personally, Not a fan of the size of the resort, the pool layouts nor the extra driving distance to the WDW parks. For me, that adds up over the course of a week‘s trip, especially at the end of a long day & fighting traffic out of WDW area.

If we didn’t already have an interest in several DVC resorts, would likely have bought into WBC as it’s one of our favorite “onsite” resorts. Yes, I consider it onsite as to the driving convenience, it’s just not Disney themed. Could be a deal breaker for many I suppose. It’s never difficult to find a quiet spot there to relax outdoors & lots of shade. their poolscape seems to absorb guests particularly well, making it feel less during crowded peak times.

Thanks, all! I appreciate the insights. Since we’re used to the 2BR from recent trips, I think it probably makes the most sense to stick with it. It’s best if we all have a little space when needed :)

We also love to order groceries for pickup between the airport and the resort and then we are ready to hit the ground running for our first day.

How is traffic to/from the parks? (For reference we live in Southern CA so I think DH is concerned about the kind of traffic we sometimes encounter going to DL). We will be there last week of August, so I’m hoping for relatively “light” crowds.

Finally - what is the likelihood of nights opening up between now and late August? I currently have our first 6 nights booked, but can’t get the last 2 - is there a chance or should I plan on a resort change? (We’re used to having to be slightly flexible when renting timeshare units :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter