The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

There are many here who do love the Sheraton Vistana. We stayed as invited guests of Sheraton, purpose to buy into their TS. Were located in Cascades, unit was very nice. Personally, Not a fan of the size of the resort, the pool layouts nor the extra driving distance to the WDW parks. For me, that adds up over the course of a week‘s trip, especially at the end of a long day & fighting traffic out of WDW area.

If we didn’t already have an interest in several DVC resorts, would likely have bought into WBC as it’s one of our favorite “onsite” resorts. Yes, I consider it onsite as to the driving convenience, it’s just not Disney themed. Could be a deal breaker for many I suppose. It’s never difficult to find a quiet spot there to relax outdoors & lots of shade. their poolscape seems to absorb guests particularly well, making it feel less during crowded peak times.
This is good to read too! I have been tempted by some very good prices at Vistana, but had noted it’s further afield and WBC seems to have more exciting pools

We're DVC members but have stayed at WBC via exchanging another timeshare we own. As long as you have a car, driving to the parks is easy. WBC is in a very convenient location. Even driving to MK isn't a problem (for us, anyway) - just allow enough time to ride the monorail or the ferry (we like the ferry) across the lagoon from the TTC. I agree that a 2BR "apartment" is much better for a family of 5 than a hotel room (that's why we own DVC and other timeshare!), and at WBC you feel like you're in the bubble with the exception of having to drive to the parks.
The ferry at TTC is always better than the monorail. Taking the monorail is a beginner’s mistake.

How is traffic to/from the parks? (For reference we live in Southern CA so I think DH is concerned about the kind of traffic we sometimes encounter going to DL).
You got this lol.

Traffic on I-5 is indeed daunting, at least to me as a tourist

FL I-4 can get backed up due to frequent accidents & traffic, we tend to take the surface streets whenever possible when driving outside of Disney.

Well, other than the greenway to MCO. Even if there is a traffic issue on it, you have the beeline, etc to utilize in bypassing it

Thanks, all! I appreciate the insights. Since we’re used to the 2BR from recent trips, I think it probably makes the most sense to stick with it. It’s best if we all have a little space when needed :)

We also love to order groceries for pickup between the airport and the resort and then we are ready to hit the ground running for our first day.

How is traffic to/from the parks? (For reference we live in Southern CA so I think DH is concerned about the kind of traffic we sometimes encounter going to DL). We will be there last week of August, so I’m hoping for relatively “light” crowds.

Finally - what is the likelihood of nights opening up between now and late August? I currently have our first 6 nights booked, but can’t get the last 2 - is there a chance or should I plan on a resort change? (We’re used to having to be slightly flexible when renting timeshare units :)
Compared to Los Angeles, the traffic is nonexistent.

If you leave right after the fireworks will it be busy? Yes. but overall there is no comparison. And WBC is not far from anywhere on property.

Your biggest concern coming from California should be the humidity, heat and thunderstorms. Also, jet lag if you plan to rope drop.

Timeshare availability changes every day. The closer you get to your trip, the more people who will cancel opening up your dates. I would just make sure the person you are renting from has the points to do it and is willing to do it.

You got this lol.

Traffic on I-5 is indeed daunting, at least to me as a tourist

FL I-4 can get backed up due to frequent accidents & traffic, we tend to take the surface streets whenever possible when driving outside of Disney.

Well, other than the greenway to MCO. Even if there is a traffic issue on it, you have the beeline, etc to utilize in bypassing it
Bonnet Creek is “inside the gates.” In my experience, while you can hit substantial traffic getting into the gates, once inside, there is rarely anything major. Thus, driving from BC to the parks should not involve a lot of traffic.

The biggest backups will be at the pay booths getting into the park parking lots. Which sometimes can be a fair number of cars if going early in the morning.

Bonnet Creek is “inside the gates.” In my experience, while you can hit substantial traffic getting into the gates, once inside, there is rarely anything major. Thus, driving from BC to the parks should not involve a lot of traffic.
Yes, as indicated in my post on the previous page lol.

My answer was meant to cover the WDW tourist area, including:

the drive to MCO

sojurns nearby “outside the bubble”

& in response to references in the recent conversation here of the Sheraton VIstana where I wasn’t fond of crossing the highway when it was busy

Last edited:
How is traffic to/from the parks? (For reference we live in Southern CA so I think DH is concerned about the kind of traffic we sometimes encounter going to DL).
Staying at Bonnet Creek, traffic will be non-existent comparatively speaking. (My son is at UCLA, so I know the comparisons.) Buena Vista Drive can be slow getting to/from Studios, but that's because of the lights, not the traffic.

The ferry at TTC is always better than the monorail. Taking the monorail is a beginner’s mistake.
I'm curious why you find this to be the case. We've gone almost every year for the past 10+ years, so definitely not beginners. I hate when we have to take the ferry, and usually only do so if the monorail isn't yet running (early morning arrivals).

I'm curious why you find this to be the case. We've gone almost every year for the past 10+ years, so definitely not beginners. I hate when we have to take the ferry, and usually only do so if the monorail isn't yet running (early morning arrivals).
Maybe it’s just bad luck, but every time we’ve taken the monorail it has always seemed to take longer than the ferry, because we always make the next ferry, but the monorail we’ve sometimes had to wait for more than one. Also, the monorail can be so disgustingly cramped whereas the ferry, there is always somewhere you can sneak to where you are not wall to wall bodies (other than rope drop and right after fireworks I guess,although even then, if you don’t have a stroller and can go upstairs, you won’t be too crammed in).

Also, after fireworks and at rope drop, the ferry is usually significantly quicker. The capacity is just so much larger than the monorail.

You all talked us into it! I was all set to book a 1 BR DVC rental at SSR to scratch the on-site itch, then DH starTed looking at SSR and WBC and he’s like WBC has more going on, it looks more fun, we get an extra bedroom, etc. so we‘re giving it a try! I am very excited.

We are still considering 1-2 nights before WBC at an MK area resort to cover our main MK day, but I am very excited for the extra space at WBC. We’re probably going to do the 4 day summer tickers and deliberately plan some resort days to just relax.

You all talked us into it! I was all set to book a 1 BR DVC rental at SSR to scratch the on-site itch, then DH starTed looking at SSR and WBC and he’s like WBC has more going on, it looks more fun, we get an extra bedroom, etc. so we‘re giving it a try! I am very excited.

We are still considering 1-2 nights before WBC at an MK area resort to cover our main MK day, but I am very excited for the extra space at WBC. We’re probably going to do the 4 day summer tickers and deliberately plan some resort days to just relax.
You chose wisely IMO. Not to crap on somebody’s “home” resort. Something for everyone. Always enjoyed SSR having relatively last minute availability in the past. I’ve cancelled reservations there a few times to save points & pay cash when I’ve found availability at WBC.

disclosure, we do have free parking in the parks. For some lack of is a deal breaker.

Do think a split trip also a great idea. I still find myself booking the values for a spur of the moment trip nearly every year. Get a kick out of the giant icons.

Can anyone confirm there is a sleeper sofa/hide a bed/futon in a 1BR Deluxe? We didn't inspect too closely when we stayed last time (and were in a 2BR deluxe so unsure if there is even one in the 1BR???) and I'm suddenly second guessing myself that it even exists. Thanks!

Does anyone have any current info on cabana rentals at the pool? Specially how to book, price and how far in advance they accept a reservation?

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter