The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

And now a few personal photos from a brief February 2021 visit with 3 of our young grandchildren who enjoyed the kiddie-friendly areas of the Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. These little cousins were 4 years and 2 years old at the time. The playground was closed for renovation so they couldn't play there on that trip - the oldest enjoyed it in Nov. 2019. This time, they loved feeding the fish & turtles, playing in the toddler splash zone (sharing ice cream treats, of course!), and wandering around the lake in the evening with the pretty lighting and music playing. Even weeks later, they asked to go back there. :love:

image001935.jpg

image001943 (002).jpg.png

image001942 (002).jpg.png

image001944 (002).jpg.png

image001991.jpg

Last edited:
For those headed to Bonnet Creek soon, just a heads up that the pirate ship pool is closed for construction.

Thanks for that update @jrsharp21 and it spurred me to look it up on the Club Wyndham website, where I found this:

The resort is currently undergoing renovations to Tower 6 through Jan. 2021. During this time, the pool and pirate ship will be closed with plans to reopen on Nov. 20, 2021. Additionally, you may encounter noise, dust, odors, and work crew on-site. Dates are subject to change. [emphasis added]

Good to know!

We are booked for a first trip in a couple weeks with a young toddler - is the pirate ship also the splash pad/toddler water area?

We are booked for a first trip in a couple weeks with a young toddler - is the pirate ship also the splash pad/toddler water area?

No. The splash pad area is next to the main pool/lazy river outside of the main building/lobby building.

Right, the pirate ship pool with a big slide (height requirement) is at the far back end of the lake next to the hotel. The Spanish fort pool and floating river are behind Towers 5 & 6, near the hotel. Behind the main lobby building at the front of the resort, there's a freeform pool area with a zero entry side and a floating river, as well as a separate toddler splash zone. Between Towers 2 & 3, there's another pool area with a kids' slide as well. So even though the pirate ship pool is closed, there's still plenty of easy walking access to pool amenities for all ages, hot tubs, poolside food & beverages, etc.

No. The splash pad area is next to the main pool/lazy river outside of the main building/lobby building.

Right, the pirate ship pool with a big slide (height requirement) is at the far back end of the lake next to the hotel. The Spanish fort pool and floating river are behind Towers 5 & 6, near the hotel. Behind the main lobby building at the front of the resort, there's a freeform pool area with a zero entry side and a floating river, as well as a separate toddler splash zone. Between Towers 2 & 3, there's another pool area with a kids' slide as well. So even though the pirate ship pool is closed, there's still plenty of easy walking access to pool amenities for all ages, hot tubs, poolside food & beverages, etc.

Thank you both!

Right, the pirate ship pool with a big slide (height requirement) is at the far back end of the lake next to the hotel. The Spanish fort pool and floating river are behind Towers 5 & 6
Perhaps you meant 4 & 5? Tower 6 is right next to the pirate shipwreck pool that is currently closed.

Perhaps you meant 4 & 5? Tower 6 is right next to the pirate shipwreck pool that is currently closed.

Ah yes, I stand corrected, thank you! The Spanish fort pool area is mainly behind Tower 5 with a quieter pool section and cabanas behind Tower 4. From Tower 6, you exit toward the lake and turn right for the Spanish fort pool area or left for the pirate pool area. Thanks for the clarification.

We just booked for November. I'm pretty excited, I've been thinking about this place for awhile, and we are finally ready to venture off site. Is there a running path at the resort?

We just booked for November. I'm pretty excited, I've been thinking about this place for awhile, and we are finally ready to venture off site. Is there a running path at the resort?

When we were there last week, I saw many people running in the mornings on the path that goes around the entire lake/pond. Being a runner myself, I was curious what the distance was all the way around.

I've run in the direction of Buena Vista Blvd, but the sidewalk stops before it gets all the way there. I remember having to cobble together a route that went there and back, and around the Hilton complex plus the Wyndham complex to get something that was more than just a mile or two---at least, I think so. It's been a few years.

Does anyone know if you can walk from Club Bonnnet Creek to the wyndam grand to club bonnet creek to access their restaurants?
The Club Wyndham buildings and the Wyndham Grand hotel surround the same lake. There's a continuous walkway all the way around. Very easy to access their restaurants!

Does anyone have a weekend date booked with Vacation Strategy? I just called WBC for our stay 10/23-10/30 and they didn't have my reservation. I called VS and they said that if they remove the owners name and put my name, I'm at risk of cancellation because I'm not an owner. It's not one of the blackout dates mentioned before, but apparently most weekend dates are now blacked out. They said they had to wait until morning of the 23rd to change the owner's name to my name. I'm kinda terrified that they'll cancel my reservation if they change the name day of and I won't have a back up plan for hotel. Thoughts?

Are ground floor rooms ok? We're in a three bedroom deluxe, and my dad has requested ground floor, because he has mobility issues. Do those rooms still have balconies/patios?

Also, I see that the pirate ship pool is closed. Are there any other water slides?

Are ground floor rooms ok? We're in a three bedroom deluxe, and my dad has requested ground floor, because he has mobility issues. Do those rooms still have balconies/patios?

Also, I see that the pirate ship pool is closed. Are there any other water slides?
I don't know if there are three-bedroom units on the ground floor, but those units have patios. The only ground floor area I would not want to get is near the minigolf. I always feel bad for the people with those rooms, because of the lack of privacy.

As for mobility concerns, the resort has excellent, fast elevators.

The ground floor units that face the parking lots will not have a nice view. But they do all have patios, AFAIK. Yes, the pool between Towers 2 & 3 has a basic slide that empties directly into the pool (it's popular with school age kids) and the toddler splash zone behind the main lobby building has a toddler slide. Only the pirate pool's separate, tall slide (which has a height requirement) is closed.

Does anyone have a weekend date booked with Vacation Strategy? I just called WBC for our stay 10/23-10/30 and they didn't have my reservation. I called VS and they said that if they remove the owners name and put my name, I'm at risk of cancellation because I'm not an owner. It's not one of the blackout dates mentioned before, but apparently most weekend dates are now blacked out. They said they had to wait until morning of the 23rd to change the owner's name to my name. I'm kinda terrified that they'll cancel my reservation if they change the name day of and I won't have a back up plan for hotel. Thoughts?

In mid June Wyndham added weekend dates including dates in October, which your dates overlap on 2 weekends. When did you make your reservation? I would definitely want some clarification on how they will be able to add your name since your vacation is impacted on both weekends. I understand your worry. https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...rces/reservations/owner-priority-reservations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter