The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I Have met a number of people that we have met at bonnet creek that told us that's what they told the timeshare sellers when they went to the timeshare meetings.
The plural of anecdote is not data. Sales is having no problems in general, because sales are up. There will always be people who know that direct purchases are foolish, but timeshare is a product that is sold, not bought.

By the way, I am not by any means opposed to the mega renters. I have learned so much about timeshares and they have helped me out personally through various transactions. They have saved my Canadian bacon more than once! ;).

Just logged into both legacy and new sites, no issues.
Yeah, I'm stuck! :( I'll try a different computer.

OK just got on- a 3 bedroom second week of Jan, is 231,000 points. I pay roughly... $3090 US for 500,000 points a year. We generally only need a 1 bedroom for most of our travel, but it is nice to have extra points for when we bring family along as well.

Last edited:

Personally, I'd go for the 2 bedroom. We just really like having a separate sitting space that doesn't need to be made up. The kitchen is very open to the living room, so I think they'd need to be hard sleepers for you to be able to do do stuff in there without disturbing them. I also don't think there would be enough floor space in the bedroom to set up air mattresses without having to step on the air mattresses to get into and out of bed. And that second bathroom might come in really handy depending on the ages of your kids. Just my .02 since you asked :)

Thanks my big question was floor space in the bedroom. I don't mind paying more for a two bedroom but I know my kids (ages 4 & 6) will likely make there way into our room anyway! I guess it's better to have too much space than not enough

The whole thing is very confusing to be honest. I'm just glad I found Vacation Strategy and they were able to book what WinPointVIP couldn't. Like I said, Winpoint wanted to charge me double if I booked now with them instead of waiting those 60 days out. It was over a $1000 difference. Insane. Vacation Strategy didn't do this.

I dunno how the backend system works with points, resellers, etc... Very confusing.

Is there still housekeeping when you book through like vacation strategy or only when you book directly through the resorts website? How big does the resort fee? My mother in law will be joining us who has walking issues and I want her to be comfortable as possible with getting around the resort too. Has anyone rented a wheelchair and had it delivered to the resort?

Also I just got off the phone with vacation strategy and they quoted me 1,015 for 6 nights in Oct....is that generally the cost for a 2 bedroom? I can't believe that so just making sure.

Last edited:
Look up the points chart and estimate $7/1,000 points. That gives you a ballpark, usually on the slightly higher side. Looking at a random 6-day stay with only one night being a Fri or Sat, this is $1,057.

Is there still housekeeping when you book through like vacation strategy or only when you book directly through the resorts website?
There is not daily housekeeping when you book through a third party like vacation strategy. My family has never felt like we needed it - you get dish and laundry detergent in the unit so we just run the dishwasher and clothes washer when we need clean dishes or towels.

How big does the resort fee?
I am guessing you are asking how big the resort feels not the size of a resort fee (there is not a resort fee). The resort is quite large but it's easy to walk between the towers.

My mother in law will be joining us who has walking issues and I want her to be comfortable as possible with getting around the resort too. Has anyone rented a wheelchair and had it delivered to the resort?
We ordered an ecv for my mom during our recent stay and had it delivered from Walker Mobility. It was dropped off at bell services at the main building and bell services charged it for us and helped us take it apart the first time. It was great for my mom's mobility issue but pretty heavy and annoying to take in and out of the car a lot.

Also I just got off the phone with vacation strategy and they quoted me 1,015 for 6 nights in Oct....is that generally the cost for a 2 bedroom? I can't believe that so just making sur
That's what we have paid for a week (7 nights) in October so that seems right. I'm not sure if it seems high or low to you but we usually pay between $130-$160 a night for a two bedroom deluxe. I know some folks have gotten better deals but I am happy to pay $130-160 from a seller I am comfortable with (have used Farrell's, Shelby Resorts, and Lise Bohm all with good service).

Have fun planning!

Look up the points chart and estimate $7/1,000 points. That gives you a ballpark, usually on the slightly higher side. Looking at a random 6-day stay with only one night being a Fri or Sat, this is $1,057.

where might I be able to find some of that info. I am so used to being on property but we have a trip (if my husbands job lets him) in the fall and so going off site and all this is new.

where might I be able to find some of that info. I am so used to being on property but we have a trip (if my husbands job lets him) in the fall and so going off site and all this is new.

I want to point out the points chart is for owners, not renters. At bonnet creek you don't rent points like the at DVC resorts, you rent reservations. As a renter, you want to shop around for the best price for your dates and that's it. There can be huge differences in what someone will rent a Bonnet Creek reservation for, regardless of the season. You have to shop around to get the best deal.

How much do the reservations rent for? You can get an idea by looking at the completed listings on ebay. Also, remember that usually ebay listings are not for reservations made well in advance, they are closer. Generally, you will pay a premium to book earlyn. Once again, you have to shop around.

I want to point out the points chart is for owners, not renters. At bonnet creek you don't rent points like the at DVC resorts, you rent reservations. As a renter, you want to shop around for the best price for your dates and that's it. There can be huge differences in what someone will rent a Bonnet Creek reservation for, regardless of the season. You have to shop around to get the best deal.

How much do the reservations rent for? You can get an idea by looking at the completed listings on ebay. Also, remember that usually ebay listings are not for reservations made well in advance, they are closer. Generally, you will pay a premium to book earlyn. Once again, you have to shop around.

Thanks. I appreciate this. Sounds like I should wait a little bit for an Oct trip before I get something.

The best way to get a ceiling price is to get a quote from Vacation Strategy and Vacation Upgrades. They will give you a quote. I have used VS and they have a very good cancellation policy. Lock in your price, then search for a better deal. VS says they will match any price you can find. I am not sure if that is from Owners directly though. At least this way you have locked in a ceiling price. The best prices start to come out within 60-days of travel. This is not going to be as easy as it once was but in slower times it will still be fairly easy because there will be quite a bit of inventory.

@Upatnoon is correct that the price from renters will range drastically. One owner could be renting a 2BR Dlx for $4000 for a week and another for $700 for a week. They are both renting the same thing. One person wants to rake unsuspecting people over the coals and the other is in line with the rough going rate. A rough rate for estimation is $7/1,000 points. It will vary slightly. Where the BIG savings come is inside 60-days with a PlatVIP owner. If there is inventory, they book at 50% of the point total and get next available size up for free. For example in Value season at WBC, a 1BR Dlx is 84,000 points. Assuming there are 1BR and 2BR Dlx available in inventory 60-days out, the owner can book the 2BR Dlx for 42,000 points (84,000 for the 1BR + 50% discount + free upgrade). 42,000 x $7/1000 = $294.

It does take a lot more research, more risk, and willing to be patient and flexible.

I asked Vacation Strategy what is their "Price Match Policy" and the email reply:

Vacation Strategy will match a price, but

It must be another third party booking company who is accredited with the BBB, and we must be able to verify the price.

Price Matching does not apply to holidays or special price periods.

Last edited:
Just got an email from my Megarenter saying my reservation has been cancelled for September because of this!!! Anyhow have any tips or suggestions on how I can find something?

What canceled the reservation? None of the updates should affect reservations. What they are probably telling you is that the Megarenter canceled the reservation because Wyndham has put in controls for the book/rebook loophole. They don't want to rent to you at the price they gave because it will cost them more points for the unit. Since you cannot go and look at what happened, you have to take what they say.

September is a slow period. I got a quote from VS in Sept for 7-nights in a 2BR Dlx for $680.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter