The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the answer, Any other pointers about this resort that could help me out. :worship:

We are VIP I just wasn't sure if others thought it would be available. I wouldn't risk the canceling and rebooking, could loose that 3 bedroom in a split second. We own 389,000 at Bonnet Creek and 319,000 at Branson Mountain Vista. Use to own at Branson at the Meadows but traded it for Bonnet Creek. Anyway between points and some RCI 3 bedroom red weeks we deposited I think we will be able to get the 3 - 1 bedroom units. We have been staying on Disney the last few trips but the family likes Bonnet Creek better, more room to spread out. Thanks for your suggestions, this is a great site, got me excited about Bonnet Creek again.:dance3:

Did you deposit 3 red three-bedroom units into RCI or 3 red one-bedroom units into RCI? (Just curious as I'm trying to pull Bonnet Creek for next March.) There's a good discussion about this over on the Tug board if you are interested. :)

We just booked a 2 bedroom for August 28-September 4 for $600!:cool1:
I am so excited! Thank you to all of the people who contribute to this thread!

Did you deposit 3 red three-bedroom units into RCI or 3 red one-bedroom units into RCI? (Just curious as I'm trying to pull Bonnet Creek for next March.) There's a good discussion about this over on the Tug board if you are interested. :)

Deposited 1 3-bedroom red week, and 2 1-bedroom red week. But as everyone knows just because it is suppose to be a 3-bedroom when using RCI it may not be. It has something to do with priority order that rooms are pulled in. Not sure where the tug board is, can you send me a link. You could maybe PM it to me, I just recently figured out how to do that. If I don't hear from RCI by Sept I will book the 3 1-bedroom using points at 10 months out.

Deposited 1 3-bedroom red week, and 2 1-bedroom red week. But as everyone knows just because it is suppose to be a 3-bedroom when using RCI it may not be. It has something to do with priority order that rooms are pulled in. Not sure where the tug board is, can you send me a link. You could maybe PM it to me, I just recently figured out how to do that. If I don't hear from RCI by Sept I will book the 3 1-bedroom using points at 10 months out.

Here's the Tug board: http://www.tugbbs.com

I also highly recommend wyndhamowners.org.

See you over there! :)

I am staying at BC this OCt with hubby and 4 boys. We have stayed onsite 3 times before (YC, WL, Poly). Am looking forward to the extra space with BC but in the pictures it looks a little generic. Definitely missing the Disney theming. Does anyone know how to go about ordering balloon bouquets or other "Disney" type decorations and if they can be in the room at check in?
party:

We are strongly thinking about Bonnet Creek for our next WDW vacation, but I have a couple of questions.

What are the shuttles like to the parks? How often do they run? Are they on a specific schedule and do typically run on time? We will have a rental car, but it would be nice to save the $14 parking fee some days.

Also, how quickly to 2 bedrooms book up? I looked at Ken's website and the prices are much better if book less than 60 days out, however, I would not want to lose out on staying here for a better deal.

Thanks!
Michelle

Also, how quickly to 2 bedrooms book up? I looked at Ken's website and the prices are much better if book less than 60 days out, however, I would not want to lose out on staying here for a better deal.

Thanks!
Michelle

I first contacted Ken back in April for a late August booking. He knew it was a medium busy time and suggested checking in about 1x/month to see how it's looking for availability. He'll book early if he thinks he has to but if he doesn't, he's all about saving you money. I talked to him earlier this week to finalize plans for our booking. I'm just waiting to get a confirm that we're done but I know there was availability.

I first contacted Ken back in April for a late August booking. He knew it was a medium busy time and suggested checking in about 1x/month to see how it's looking for availability. He'll book early if he thinks he has to but if he doesn't, he's all about saving you money. I talked to him earlier this week to finalize plans for our booking. I'm just waiting to get a confirm that we're done but I know there was availability.

THat is GREAT to know! Thanks!:thumbsup2

I am staying at BC this OCt with hubby and 4 boys. We have stayed onsite 3 times before (YC, WL, Poly). Am looking forward to the extra space with BC but in the pictures it looks a little generic. Definitely missing the Disney theming. Does anyone know how to go about ordering balloon bouquets or other "Disney" type decorations and if they can be in the room at check in?
party:

The activities desk at Bonnet Creek does balloon arrangements. I seriously thinking about ordering one, but I haven't found anyone else who has and they don't have pictures available so I'm a little nerous.

I wrote this down earlier this week and can't find my paper. This is from memory so I may be off a little.

$7 - 7 latex balloon bouquet with a card
$15 mylar balloon with 7 latex balloons and a card
$22 mylar balloon with 7 latex balloons, a card, and a teddy bear

If I decide to do it, I'll take a picture and let you know.

Thanks!
Michelle

The majority of the units at BC are 2-bedrooms. The 1-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom units are harder to get because there are fewer. The 2-bedrooms are almost always available before 60-days out. But, if you are going during a prime season, you should book early to ensure that you have a reservation.

There are gas grills located near La Cocina Bar & Pizzaria next to the pool between buildings #2 (Torre del Vientro) & #3 (Torre del Mar).

Thanks:) Just realized we'll be @ BC approx. the same time (if I read your signature correctly).

The majority of the units at BC are 2-bedrooms. The 1-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom units are harder to get because there are fewer. The 2-bedrooms are almost always available before 60-days out. But, if you are going during a prime season, you should book early to ensure that you have a reservation.

We will be going the first week of June 2011. Not sure if that is "prime" season or not.

I know I am thinking about this ***way*** early.... just trying to work out a tentative budget, so I can convince dh that we simply HAVE to return next year. :cool1:

We are strongly thinking about Bonnet Creek for our next WDW vacation, but I have a couple of questions.

What are the shuttles like to the parks? How often do they run? Are they on a specific schedule and do typically run on time? We will have a rental car, but it would be nice to save the $14 parking fee some days.

Thanks!
Michelle

We are leaving tomorrow. Although we didn't use the buses, I have the schedule in front of me.

Departures from Tower 6 and the Clubhouse occur about every 20 minutes from 8:00 a.m. until 12:30 then much less often later in the afternoon and evening. There is one bus to MK and Epcot and another to HS and AK. There is a separate schedule and bus for Downtown Disney with departures starting at 3:30 p.m.

Return times started at 12:15 for MK, 3:15 for Epcot, 4:00 for AK, and 4:15 for HS.

There is a phone number listed on the schedule for questions. 407.390.0000 (press 2)

Thanks!
Michelle

I booked through Ken a couple of months ago for October. He told me that at the 60 day mark if there was still availability he would rebook a reservation for us and cancel the existing one so that we could get the cheaper rate. That way I have everything in order but still have a chance to get a better deal!

The activities desk at Bonnet Creek does balloon arrangements. I seriously thinking about ordering one, but I haven't found anyone else who has and they don't have pictures available so I'm a little nerous.

I wrote this down earlier this week and can't find my paper. This is from memory so I may be off a little.

$7 - 7 latex balloon bouquet with a card
$15 mylar balloon with 7 latex balloons and a card
$22 mylar balloon with 7 latex balloons, a card, and a teddy bear

If I decide to do it, I'll take a picture and let you know.

Thanks for the info - I wish they had something that was all Mylar (Latex is a choking hazard:sad2:) but those are good prices. Looking forward to a pic if you get one!

Can you order Pizza from the on site pizza place over the phone or do you need to do it in person? I think we may consider that for a lunch or two and would like to order when leaving the theme park to have it ready when we get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter