The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we are VIP and I spoke with Bonnet Creek and also reservations when I booked our dates. It's not something I even asked for when booking they told me that's what I should do when I call prior to our arrival. I then went digging around in my owners books and it says the same thing for VIP's. I'm sure we'll be happy no matter which room we are in so that's not really my priority at this point. However, I am curious about reading some answers to my questions #1, 2 & 3.

Thanks though:thumbsup2

Log on to Wydnhamvacationresorts.com, and sign in with your user name and password. Click on my confirmations. To the very right will be a section that says "In the Upgrade Window" or "Not Available for Upgrade" or something very similar to that. Anyway, if you are in your upgrade time frame, click on that link and it will tell you if there is anything available for your upgrade.

I have never heard of people getting unit sized upgrades by calling the resort directly or at check-in. I'm afraid you've gotten some misguided information.

I highly recommend wyndhamowners.org as a site to help you with upgrades/managing your ownership. It's a wonderful site for owners.

I have learned so much through that board and others like it. I really love to see other owners using the benefits that you paid for when you purchased! :lovestruc

1. The air conditioning worked fine in our room, all night. Nice and cool. No problems. One one of our stays, the air wasn't working correctly in our room and they came in 10 minutes and fixed it.

2. It will take you perhaps 5 minutes to get to the grills.

3. Ask the front desk when you check in.

Thank you so much Steelebug, Wed100105 & Upatnoon. I greatly appreciate all of your time and input :)

We're staying at BC at the end of August and I can't wait. Can someone please tell me what building this photo is taken FROM?

rickroot. com / images / bonnet_2. jpg

I don't have 10 posts yet, so you'll have to delete the spaces.:lovestruc

We are going with another family and this is what they want their view to be. :)

Which buildings have a spa by them?
If I recall correctly, each pool area has a hot tub, so you should be fine in any building (all of them are close to *some* pool area.)

I need help I'm staying at BC at the end of Oct for the first time. I'm taking my parents with us for a good relaxing vacation to WDW. Our last trip was kinda disaster and I want to make this one special for them. Can someone tell me which building is best for access to the bar and firework view? And also which pools have the lazy rivers? The maps aren't that great for this. Thanks. :confused3:

I need help I'm staying at BC at the end of Oct for the first time. I'm taking my parents with us for a good relaxing vacation to WDW. Our last trip was kinda disaster and I want to make this one special for them. Can someone tell me which building is best for access to the bar and firework view? And also which pools have the lazy rivers? The maps aren't that great for this. Thanks. :confused3:

I think they just put in a new bar between buildings 4 and 5, so my vote goes to building 4. There is a lazy river near it and in my opinion, it has the best fireworks view. Building 5 is okay if you get up high enough and if you're in the side of the building that angles toward the fireworks. To be safe, I would request building 4.

We're staying at BC at the end of August and I can't wait. Can someone please tell me what building this photo is taken FROM?

rickroot. com / images / bonnet_2. jpg

I don't have 10 posts yet, so you'll have to delete the spaces.:lovestruc

We are going with another family and this is what they want their view to be. :)

That is building #1, looking southward. I have a similar picture which I took from the "Village Center" (check-in bldg.). To get a similar view (but a little further), you'd have to have a "lake view" unit in bldg. #4. You could also get a "lake view" unit in the "village center", too.

That is building #1, looking southward. I have a similar picture which I took from the "Village Center" (check-in bldg.). To get a similar view (but a little further), you'd have to have a "lake view" unit in bldg. #4. You could also get a "lake view" unit in the "village center", too.

Thank you so much! I'll let him know. :thumbsup2

Where does the shuttle pick you up at? Which building would be the shortest distance to the shuttle? Thanks :)

Where does the shuttle pick you up at? Which building would be the shortest distance to the shuttle? Thanks :)
The shuttle leaves from the building you check in at, which also has the game room, snack bar, etc.

The closest to it are buildings 1 and 4. Building 4 is my favorite because it is close to a pool with hot tubs, the bar, and the lazy river with the fort.

It's really not a far walk from any of the buildings, especially considering how much walking you will do around the theme parks.

Staying at BC for first time in July. Very excited. We plan on being in a park first thing in the morning, with afternoon break at BC, then back at park until closing. What would you suggest for the best view while I'm enjoying my morning coffee? I'd like a lake view without having to look at any construction or parking garages :) Also don't want the sun directly in my eyes...do I ask for too much? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

Wow! Started off w/Free Dining @ POR with my family of 5 (includes 3 teens - 16, 14 and 12) Aug 15-20. Doable, yes...relaxing - not hardly. Then started looking @ DVC rentals because the trade off of free food for. more room and happier family sounded nice. Besides, who can actually eat all that food in the heat of August??

Called Ken Price this evening because of the AWESOME deal he had on his home page. Cannot pass up $110/night for a 2 bedroom!! The difference we are saving will go a long way towards our food budget, but the space, I think, will make the difference in this being a RELAXING Disney vacation.

Thanks, Allyson, for starting this thread and for everyone that has posted such glowing reviews of BC. I'm sure I will have a few questions before we leave in 6 weeks, but for now I feel very secure knowing that our accomodations will be top notch:cool1:

I thought I would come here and ask the BC experts!!! Do you think its a good deal for BC 1bed/1ba unit for the week 9/4 - 9/11 (Labor Day Holiday week) for $750? Good deal or not? :confused:

We received our confirmation letter for July 2011 in the mail today for a 3 bedroom unit. Now I am very anxious for Sept so I can book the other 3 - 1 bedroom units.

Does anyone know if there is a good chance of getting an owner free upgrade to a 4 bedroom, or do you think the 4 bedrooms are usually full. Don't need the 4 bedroom except they are just so nice and roomy.

We received our confirmation letter for July 2011 in the mail today for a 3 bedroom unit. Now I am very anxious for Sept so I can book the other 3 - 1 bedroom units.

Does anyone know if there is a good chance of getting an owner free upgrade to a 4 bedroom, or do you think the 4 bedrooms are usually full. Don't need the 4 bedroom except they are just so nice and roomy.

Hi,

Are you VIP? If not, then you won't be eligible for an upgrade.

I'm sorry to say that it is highly unlikely that you'd get an upgrade to a four bedroom presidential for the summer season. It's not impossible with booking one, canceling, and re-booking it with the discount/upgrade, but that would take a huge amount of points, skill, and most of all-luck!

You may have luck with the 3 one-bedrooms. I've seen quite a lot of availability this summer with two bedroom units and was able to get upgrades/discounts.

Let me know if you need help. I can pm you and walk you through it.
~Nicole

Staying at BC for first time in July. Very excited. We plan on being in a park first thing in the morning, with afternoon break at BC, then back at park until closing. What would you suggest for the best view while I'm enjoying my morning coffee? I'd like a lake view without having to look at any construction or parking garages :) Also don't want the sun directly in my eyes...do I ask for too much? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

I would suggest calling the resort directly and telling them exactly what you posted here. Every time I have called, they have been very nice and accommodating!

We'll be there in July, too. Maybe our paths will cross!

I am thinking of staying here next year but need some info on the shuttle. How often does it run and is it a dedicated Wyndham Bonnet Creek shuttle? Does it go directly to the park (ie. doen't stop in Epcot before going to MK)?
I am not planning to rent a car, will that be a mistake?
Thanks

Hi,

Are you VIP? If not, then you won't be eligible for an upgrade.

I'm sorry to say that it is highly unlikely that you'd get an upgrade to a four bedroom presidential for the summer season. It's not impossible with booking one, canceling, and re-booking it with the discount/upgrade, but that would take a huge amount of points, skill, and most of all-luck!

You may have luck with the 3 one-bedrooms. I've seen quite a lot of availability this summer with two bedroom units and was able to get upgrades/discounts.

Let me know if you need help. I can pm you and walk you through it.
~Nicole

We are VIP I just wasn't sure if others thought it would be available. I wouldn't risk the canceling and rebooking, could loose that 3 bedroom in a split second. We own 389,000 at Bonnet Creek and 319,000 at Branson Mountain Vista. Use to own at Branson at the Meadows but traded it for Bonnet Creek. Anyway between points and some RCI 3 bedroom red weeks we deposited I think we will be able to get the 3 - 1 bedroom units. We have been staying on Disney the last few trips but the family likes Bonnet Creek better, more room to spread out. Thanks for your suggestions, this is a great site, got me excited about Bonnet Creek again.:dance3:

I thought I would come here and ask the BC experts!!! Do you think its a good deal for BC 1bed/1ba unit for the week 9/4 - 9/11 (Labor Day Holiday week) for $750? Good deal or not? :confused:

Thanks to those of you who replied to me by PM that $750 is not a good price. I did not send a deposit and I appreciate all the DISers out there that responded. It was an offer I saw on another site and I knew I could rely on the DIS Boards to set me straight. Thanks again. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter