The Way Old Friends Do..Happy New Year to everyone here on the dis ....*new post, page 4, #69*

Awww Dan, that was such a nice post. Things have certainly been interesting around here over the years, haven't they? Sometimes good, sometimes not so good and yet here we all are.

I will try to swallow some of the anger I carry around and be more light and playful like I once was. Your post is a great reminder that new beginnings are a chance to make a change.

Happy New Year Dan, Marie, and the rest of the DISers! Jan. is my DIS anniversary month. Six years of DISin' to my name! :earsgirl:

TC :cool1:

I believe it was Thomas Wolfe who said; “you can’t go home again”.

And I think it was F. Scott Fitzgerald who wrote, “There are no second acts in American lives."

Also I’m sure it was Springsteen that sang, “Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack, I went out for a ride and I never went back. Like a river that don't know where it's flowing, I took a wrong turn and I just kept going.”

And although I’m not much on Abba, I’m almost positive there’s another verse at the end of that song- something like, “We can face it together, the way old friends do. We can wander in on cheerleaders, from Cedar Point to Kalamazoo. From the steps of City Hall, to the corn fields of yore. What once was, was grand but what was once just ain’t no more. . .”

Or maybe I made that last part up in the desperate throes of a Sudafed flashback. . . who knows? ;)

Anyways. . . can't stay long, but I did want to say to Dan; lay off the sappy Swedish pop buddy- nothing good can come of it. . .

Instead, go get the 25th Anniversary edition of “Born to Run”, pop open a beer, and watch the concert DVD of The Boss from 1975. . . it’ll cheer you up.

Trust me on this- I am, after all, a professional.

Oh, and have a Happy New Year, my friend.

:smooth:

Dan ~ That is so nice, you are such a lovely man.

Happy New Year to you too and everyone else on the Dis :hug:

So nice to see so many of us here. :goodvibes Again, my best for '06, and thanks for your good wishes. :sunny:

And great to see some 'faces' I have not seen in some time....Dream, Shep and even WillyJ!!! :flower: Stop back more often guys. And Willy, are you sure those people said those things? :scratchin You're not tradin' in The Boss for ABBA, eh??? :rolleyes1 :earboy2: :wave:

WOW...thanks Dan!! You are right...we have all(most of us here) had moments that we wish we could take back. You are such a nice human being Dan and I am a better person for knowing you(I really am!) There have been times when I get mixed up in a heated discussion about things that I start to write some stuff that are kind of on the ugly sideand then I think about you and what YOU would think about me and I end up changing the wording!!

Truly though Dan...I am glad I met you and I am glad you are a cyber friend as well. You,Marie and the rest of your family have a wonderful happy New Year.

Sheila

I'm so glad that I was able to meet you and Marie in 2005, and I am really looking forward to spending some time with you both again hopefully in 2006.

2005 is a special year for me here on the Dis. I met so many wonderful people in person, and just online. Not only do we talk, but we genuinly care about each other and each other's families. I never thought I would develop friendships like this, and I'm so grateful everyday that I have.

Thank you Dan for such a moving thread - you are the "father" of the Dis boards and you mean so much to so many of us :hug: .

I hope you, Marie and your entire family have a wonderful New Year. I also hope that everyone on the Dis has fun tonight and stays safe. God Bless you all and I look forward to talking to you all in 2006.

I'm giving this a little bump so others can receive Dans Happy New Years wishes :flower:

Happy New Year everyone!

newyearred.gif

Awww Mr. Dan...very sweet! I hope y'all have a wonderful new year! Thanks for being such a nice and compassionate person here on the DIS!

:hug:

Thank-you!! I wish everyone here :cool1: a happy new year!!!

All the best to you and Marie, Dan!! You one of the reasons this board works. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter