The walking dead amc #2

And then more loudness during the Talking Dead, when they told us who the first trough victim was.
Ok, I see from later posts who he was...I missed it in TTD. I'm glad I watched TTD, but I wish if there were important bits (like Mary being Gareth & slab boys mom, and the guy in the rail car being one of the captor/bad guys) they would include it in TWD. I don't always stay up for TTD and I hate missing the little bits that make things have more sense!

Torture is my guess, Gareth seems like he might be into that. It was unclear to me, is he still alive? I know he was shot, but it did not seem like it was fatal. He could be another (Governor) type out for vengeance.

I'm pretty sure he is still alive, as they had made such a big deal out of him being on the show. Do you think they will go back there at all? The katana is there, how can Michonne be Michonne without it? :rotfl:

Wait, huh? Now I am so confused!!! :rotfl: I spent yesterday watching a variety of episodes from season 3 & 4. I don't remember this guy. Who was he and when did they free him and from where?

Ok, now I think I remember, it's slowly coming back to me. From the train car, when they were escaping, right? He grabbed Rick?

Yes, the hairy guy with the tatooed forehead. We did not see him ever, before last night. But last night, he was the one, who was brutalizing the women from Terminus in the traincar flashback.
If they hadn't of told us that during the Talking Dead, did they really think any of use would have known that? I sure didn't, we couldn't even hardly see him in the flashbacks, they were so dark.

Wait, huh? Now I am so confused!!! :rotfl: I spent yesterday watching a variety of episodes from season 3 & 4. I don't remember this guy. Who was he and when did they free him and from where?

Ok, now I think I remember, it's slowly coming back to me. From the train car, when they were escaping, right? He grabbed Rick?

Yeah, the crazy guy they freed in the train car who got eaten by the walker. He was the same guy pulling the women out of the train car in the flashback (Gareth's mom and the other woman). I'm guessing they kept him alive to torture him for what they did.

Right - Rick was ready to just run and Glen made them free whoever was in the car because that's who they were.

And for anyone who has read the comics, do you think they are making Carol more like the tough Andrea from the comics?

Ok, I see from later posts who he was...I missed it in TTD. I'm glad I watched TTD, but I wish if there were important bits (like Mary being Gareth & slab boys mom, and the guy in the rail car being one of the captor/bad guys) they would include it in TWD. I don't always stay up for TTD and I hate missing the little bits that make things have more sense!

We didn't even pick up who slab boy was either, until TTD. There was a lot of "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" being shouted during the TTD last night. And yes, I agree, more of that should have been obvious during TWD, because I wouldn't have gotten any of it on my own.

I always record TTD, because it's so darn funny!! I LOVE when Scott Gimple is on, he is so fantastic.

I have a feeling when they say things like that on TTD that they have filmed scenes that reveal that extra info but due to time constraints they don't make it into TWD. They probably end up as deleted scenes on the DVD/Blu-rays.

Omg, I want Conan O'Brien to be on Talking Dead every week. That part where he was saying he'd kill walkers with his Emmys... :rotfl2:

Greg Nicotero told us at PaleyFest that he watched this episode with Norman Reedus about two weeks ago, and apparently Norman was so speechless at the end of it that he just got up and left without saying a word. He called Greg from his car about 20 minutes later to tell him how much he liked it. :rotfl:

You are saying they were sleeping together, like a couple??? I don't recall them ever saying that.

I honestly don't know for sure... it was my impression they were being 'intimate' at the prison. it was never shown that they were in bed together... like Maggie and Glenn ... or Shane and Lori, but they had some sexual innuendo and flirting, so I had just assumed that they were 'doing it"... but on the low key (which would be fitting to their character's personality).

And they are too close in age to be condsidered a cougar situation.

I have a hard time placeing ages on these two... Carol seems more like 40-50 and Daryl seems more early 30's to me.

I like when someone from the show is on TD so we can get filled in on little tidbits we miss from the episode.
Great episode! Trough scene & Judith scene in cabin were intense. To be honest, I wasn't that worried during the trough scene. You could see it in Rick's eyes that he wasn't going to let anything happen. Carol kicks *** & this group seems unbeatable. Loved the reunion scenes; Carol & Daryl, Judith & Rick. They are back together & a BIG group now which is wonderful. Not missing Beth so much. Gareth will meet up w/them at some point b/c they showed that in the previews in the last month.

I am also skeptical of Eugene's story about how he is going to flip the script on the zombies. Since last season DH keeps saying there is no way that guy is a scientist, but I disagreed with him. After the scene where he talks about the cure, I was starting to see what dh is saying. Anyone else? If that is not who he is...who is he?

To be honest, I wasn't that worried during the trough scene. You could see it in Rick's eyes that he wasn't going to let anything happen.

I knew that they were going to "go down the line" and stop at Glenn when I saw those 4 nameless guys at the start of the line. I figured the nameless dudes were toast but by the time they got to Glenn, Rick would have figured something out.

It was such a good episode that I can imagine the next ones paling in comparison. How do you top that?

Carol may be a mother-figure to everyone, but she is no cougar compared to Daryl, who's the same age (well, at least NR is). That reunion... so lovely. And Rick finding Judith. I can't believe I wept so much in a show about zombies.

I honestly don't know for sure... it was my impression they were being 'intimate' at the prison. it was never shown that they were in bed together... like Maggie and Glenn ... or Shane and Lori, but they had some sexual innuendo and flirting, so I had just assumed that they were 'doing it"... but on the low key (which would be fitting to their character's personality).

No, they flirt, but it hasn't gone further than that. At least not yet.

I have a hard time placeing ages on these two... Carol seems more like 40-50 and Daryl seems more early 30's to me.

Norman Reedus is actually 45.

I knew that they were going to "go down the line" and stop at Glenn when I saw those 4 nameless guys at the start of the line. I figured the nameless dudes were toast but by the time they got to Glenn, Rick would have figured something out.

It was such a good episode that I can imagine the next ones paling in comparison. How do you top that?

Carol may be a mother-figure to everyone, but she is no cougar compared to Daryl, who's the same age (well, at least NR is). That reunion... so lovely. And Rick finding Judith. I can't believe I wept so much in a show about zombies.

And I loved seeing Carl holding her when they were back on the road. I kept thinking of the episode where he first found out Lori was pregnant, and he called himself, "big brother Carl".

No, they flirt, but it hasn't gone further than that. At least not yet.

Norman Reedus is actually 45.

I actually think that if Daryl hooks up with someone it will be Beth not Carol. I like Daryl and Carol together but not in a romantic way. He is so confused about loving someone and being loved though I wonder if he ever will have an intimate relationship.

And I loved seeing Carl holding her when they were back on the road. I kept thinking of the episode where he first found out Lori was pregnant, and he called himself, "big brother Carl".

I commented on Carl holding her while they were walking too, it was so sweet. Yes, I was crying too LOL. I was actually surprised, based on how dark the finale was, and the beginning of this episode was, that they gave us such happy stuff for a few minutes. Loved it!
When Daryl set his head on Carols chest, I think I melted :lovestruc

I am also skeptical of Eugene's story about how he is going to flip the script on the zombies. Since last season DH keeps saying there is no way that guy is a scientist, but I disagreed with him. After the scene where he talks about the cure, I was starting to see what dh is saying. Anyone else? If that is not who he is...who is he?

Spoiler in white for Eugene from the comics:

Spoiler:: In the comics he's a high school science teacher. He knows he can't survive in this world so he lies and says he has a cure to have others protect him.

After the scene where he talks about the cure, I was starting to see what dh is saying. Anyone else? If that is not who he is...who is he?
All I see when I look at him is some guy living in mom's basement playing role playing video games THINKING he is saving the universe and then the end of the world occurs, and he just goes off into fantasy land and thinks he really IS saving the universe.

I commented on Carl holding her while they were walking too, it was so sweet. Yes, I was crying too LOL. I was actually surprised, based on how dark the finale was, and the beginning of this episode was, that they gave us such happy stuff for a few minutes. Loved it!
When Daryl set his head on Carols chest, I think I melted :lovestruc

And when Dayrl just ran to her like that?? Forget it, I was done... :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter