The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Groupie's

Thanks for all the well wishes, Dad is plugging along at therapy and they seem to think he will regain most of what he lost in time..:) DH and I are really bummed about loosing our May trip :guilty: But what better way to make it up.. BOOK A SEPTEMBER 5-13 TRIP :yay: 4 days at Vero followed by 5 at POR with free Dining :teacher:

Everyone going for Flower & Garden, please take lots of pictures for me..

Blossmomz, Eliza, DVC Mike & lodgeloafer... Have a great trip :grouphug: can't wait to hear all about it :flower3:

Awesome keliblue, turning those lemons into lemonade!
I hope you have a wonderful Sept trip. Dixie Landings is our 'other' favorite resort.
I am glad your Dad continues to improve.

See Dodie. I told you Granny would take real good care of you!

Granny, it looks like the thread can be up to 5K posts, so we have a little bit to go.
Unless we should start one now??

Groupies, what do you think? Start one now? What do we want to call it??:dance3:

I did my homework, finally!

corner.jpg

fav.jpg
lamp.jpg

fav1.jpg

fav2.jpg

tb.jpg

It's amazing how distorted colors are when you use a flash!:dance3:

Oh yeah ! I did forget about that one ! Good luck to your son :thumbsup2
Have fun on your upcoming trip blossomz ! Have u flown out of BWI before ? I'm just curious how that airport is because we may use it to get dd to and from college. Just found out USA 3000 will be flying out of Melbourne, FL airport nonstop to BWI. They don't stop in Philly. So we were thinking of using this airline and just driving further down to Baltimore to pick her up.

I don't have any issues with BWI. We've been really satisfied with everything! We almost always fly Southwest or Airtran out of BWI. I'd say it's worth a try!

Muushka! The bathroom looks fantastic!!

Guess what I did this morning! Since we are heading to AKL this time and we wanted to get a better feel for the resort, I thought we'd take advantage of something special they offer there. They have several safari activities, but 2 out of the 3 require concierge..which we will not be. So I asked about the 3rd one..Wanyame Safari. It is a 3 hour experience that takes you out in small vehicles (no more than 12 people) on all 3 of the savannahs at the Lodge. You can get very up front and personal with the animals. Then you get a special multicourse dinner at Jiko in a reserved section of the restaurant. Since the 23rd is my son's 18th birthday I decided to go for it for just the 2 of us! There was just enough space left! So we're in! The CM also said she would contact the restaurant to see if they could do a surprise cake for him for dessert! It's not VWL..but I think it will really be a fun experience!! We leave a week from today!! WOO HOO!!

Kelli that is great news about your dad.

Mushka loved the pics. It looks great. Also I believe they are locking the big threads at 250 pages. I am a part of one that moves very fast on the Universal boards. We are already on part 4. They lock it every time it gets to 250.

Blossomz that sounds great. I can't wait to hear what you thought of it.

Happy Wednesday Groupies & Welcome to all the new recruits, glad to have ya.

Hey Blossomz,
Are you flying out of Philly? Looking at the evening news yesterday and apparently some Nitwit tried to smuggle drugs through security in a lipstick tube, so naturally now security is thinking of banning makeup or at least make you put it in your magical ziploc bag.

:headache: If they thought having to look at bare feet was bad, not sure if they can handle seeing me for a 6:30 am flight with a bare face. :scared:

I can barely fit all the "magic potions" of creams that make me look half human in that zip lock. I'll never fit my war paint in!:scared1:

Barb-- I love, love, love your bathroom. I may have to "copy" it. We're having our bedroom bathroom redone next month. The tiles will be a sage green and I think your choices would look really good. Do you mind? Thanks for sharing.

Keli--so glad your dad is on the mend and you have a trip to look forward to this fall.

Blossomz--Sounds like so much fun. Your son will have a great birthday.

Lodgeloafer--no, unfortunately I wasn't "home" so didn't get to tell kitty he has a new name. Hope you or Eliza get to see him.

Deb

Guess what I did this morning! Since we are heading to AKL this time and we wanted to get a better feel for the resort, I thought we'd take advantage of something special they offer there. They have several safari activities, but 2 out of the 3 require concierge..which we will not be. So I asked about the 3rd one..Wanyame Safari. It is a 3 hour experience that takes you out in small vehicles (no more than 12 people) on all 3 of the savannahs at the Lodge. You can get very up front and personal with the animals. Then you get a special multicourse dinner at Jiko in a reserved section of the restaurant. Since the 23rd is my son's 18th birthday I decided to go for it for just the 2 of us! There was just enough space left! So we're in! The CM also said she would contact the restaurant to see if they could do a surprise cake for him for dessert! It's not VWL..but I think it will really be a fun experience!! We leave a week from today!! WOO HOO!!

DW and I are doing the Wanyama Safari next month when we go to AKV! Let us know here how you like it!

Hi everyone :wave2:

Our trip is still over 2 months away, but my 7yo is so excited he's been bringing in souvenirs in to school all week.

He's brought in our photo album from Star Wars weekend, his annual pass, his room key, and his dream fast pass :rotfl:

He wants to bring in his lanyard with all his pins next!

Kelli that is great news about your dad.

Mushka loved the pics. It looks great. Also I believe they are locking the big threads at 250 pages. I am a part of one that moves very fast on the Universal boards. We are already on part 4. They lock it every time it gets to 250.

Blossomz that sounds great. I can't wait to hear what you thought of it.

250!!!!:scared1: We better start a new one soon, like tomorrow!!

Barb-- I love, love, love your bathroom. I may have to "copy" it. We're having our bedroom bathroom redone next month. The tiles will be a sage green and I think your choices would look really good. Do you mind? Thanks for sharing.

Deb

You go girl!:thumbsup2

Hi everyone :wave2:

Our trip is still over 2 months away, but my 7yo is so excited he's been bringing in souvenirs in to school all week.

He's brought in our photo album from Star Wars weekend, his annual pass, his room key, and his dream fast pass :rotfl:

He wants to bring in his lanyard with all his pins next!
How cute is that:cloud9:

wildernessDad and Blossomz, we want to hear all about i!:yay:

We're down to single digits! :cool1:

9 days until we drive down to Port Canaveral for a night at the Radisson. Then the following morning we board the Disney Wonder for 4 nights, and finally 3 nights at BWV. This will be our very first cruise (not just our first Disney cruise). We're excited!

We're excited about your cruise too! We stayed at the Raddison for our first cruise also. Very convenient.

May the waves be tiny, your waiters be attentive, your food be delicious and your ports be wonderful. :cloud9:

Good luck with the cruise, DVC Mike! I made 7 cruises (patrols) on a submarine. I hope that those 'cruises' are nothing like a DCL cruise. :)

Can't say it as well as Muushka, but have a wonderful cruise Mike.

Still basking in that WDW glow. One of the women I was with sent me a Greatest Hits of Herman & the Hermits! They both got such a kick out of my excitment watching them at F&G. I'm listening to it right now. I just may become a groupie for them too!

Deb

Keliblue...I still have your dad/family in my thoughts and prayers. Glad to hear he's going to be ok.

Dodie....thanks for joining our list !

Granny....a BIG thanks for keeping the list up-to-date :thumbsup2

blossomz.....we're staying at AKV this summer too. How did you hear about the safari and who did u call to book ? Price ?

Muushka.....LOVE how you decorated ! What a pretty home with a Lodge touch ! :thumbsup2

DVCMike.....have a fantastic first-time-ever cruise ! You are gonna love it ! We also stayed at the Radisson for our first cruise (Disney Wonder) in a 1 bedroom suite. You will be REALLY close to the port. Depending on what time you check-in, drive down to the port and watch the Magic go out to sea on Saturday (5-5:30 pm I believe). It is so awesome knowing you'll be going the next day. Just hearing the horn gives me goosebumps !

Can't say it as well as Muushka, but have a wonderful cruise Mike.

Still basking in that WDW glow. One of the women I was with sent me a Greatest Hits of Herman & the Hermits! They both got such a kick out of my excitment watching them at F&G. I'm listening to it right now. I just may become a groupie for them too!

Deb
I'll join:lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter