The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Question: How do we give them our room# if we haven't been told our room # yet?

We always just give our last name as we usually don’t have our room number when parking for our VGC stays. They’ll let you through without any problem. 👍🏼

Currently here, second day. Expectation met. Today was DL day, was amazing to really just step outside the resort and you are at the turnstiles. Early Entry is only 30 minutes but we were able to ride Hyperspace Mountain, Buzz Lightyear and Star Tours and then we got in line for Rise of Resistance and that was only 30 minutes. So 4 rides in about 1 hour. This was great. Later today, the wait times got up so we decided to rest in our room which is the nicest part of all this.

Tomorrow is DCA and cannot wait to walk outside the door into the Pixar Pier entrance

Anyone else's VGC signatures not showing up anymore? When I click on my profile and my signature, it's showing there. But when I post in threads, it just shows a little red X.

I'm nervous because we plan to go in June 2024 and stay in a studio. What happens if come July, I get it booked....but then they need to renovate? Will I be out of luck or what?

I just saw on Twitter that the outdoor fireplace area has tables with reserved signs on them and they are only for Hearthstone Lounge guests now. I'm not a fan of this.

I'm nervous because we plan to go in June 2024 and stay in a studio. What happens if come July, I get it booked....but then they need to renovate? Will I be out of luck or what?
Never experienced this before, but I low-key hope we'll be moved to the hotel side (or maybe even to VDH). :teeth:

It's likely they'll remove the room(s) from inventory prior to 11 months. If not, then you get bumped to a comparable-or-better room on the hotel side or ask you to accept VDH.

I was moved to hotel side twice, when a studio was not available for some unknown reason. They will bring you a microwave, the paper plates & utensils, etc, if you ask for them to help make the hotel room with equivalent studio DVC amenities. You’d still get the free DVC self-park.

Never experienced this before, but I low-key hope we'll be moved to the hotel side (or maybe even to VDH). :teeth:

I would NOT want to be moved to VDH. That would be super disappointing for our very first VGC stay.

It's likely they'll remove the room(s) from inventory prior to 11 months. If not, then you get bumped to a comparable-or-better room on the hotel side or ask you to accept VDH.

Comparable or better hotel room would be fine for us.

I was moved to hotel side twice, when a studio was not available for some unknown reason. They will bring you a microwave, the paper plates & utensils, etc, if you ask for them to help make the hotel room with equivalent studio DVC amenities. You’d still get the free DVC self-park.

Good to know. Though I'd probably beg for a suite or club level instead of them bringing me a microwave. Ha! Wishful thinking, I know. I wonder if I could get a regular fridge instead of the stupid beverage fridge because we are planning on doing breakfast in our room and need the mini fridge, microwave, and toaster.

Has anyone used the laundry room lately? How much does it cost and can I use a credit card? I assume they also have soap for me to purchase? I've never actually done laundry in a hotel before. Ha!
(Yes, our trip is over a year away but I'm just curious.)

I would NOT want to be moved to VDH. That would be super disappointing for our very first VGC stay.

I'd consider it if they upgraded you from let's say a studio to a 1BR?

I'd also be "willing" to give up our kitchen for club level and perhaps some credit towards food at Craftsman bar.

facebook twitter