The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I had emailed member services to place my VGC room requests and received a response saying requests are not guaranteed. I did my online check in and it says I have no room requests. Was I supposed to do something else when I made the request?
I don't think the room request shows up anywhere the guests see on the reservation, but it is in the system. It's never guaranteed--they are just requests.

I don't think the room request shows up anywhere the guests see on the reservation, but it is in the system. It's never guaranteed--they are just requests.

At VGC, even if you do online check in and get a text that your room is ready, you still have to go to the front desk, right? I just realized we don't have magic bands to go straight to the room.

At VGC, even if you do online check in and get a text that your room is ready, you still have to go to the front desk, right? I just realized we don't have magic bands to go straight to the room.

I feel a bit lost these days it's been so long but you can go to the desk once you arrive and get your keycard. Then they'll text you the room later and you can head right to it.

Yes you have to make a trip to the desk. But if you go before the room is ready and get your card, you won’t have to go again after getting the text.

we just did online check in too and I requested a quiet room, no need for sal in my out of state wound, lol. It said no requests too. Ive heard (and pp Also agreed) it’s a separate line they see internally. We don't arrive till 10:30 PM... so hopefully crowds at the desk won’t be an issue!

Does VGC accept room requests? If so, how do I request for one with a view of the theme parks? It's an 1-bedroom villa. TIA.

LAX

I
Does VGC accept room requests? If so, how do I request for one with a view of the theme parks? It's an 1-bedroom villa. TIA.

LAX
I either use chat or email member services. I’d ask for Paradise Pier View. There are some rooms that overlook Redwood Creek that would qualify as “theme park view”

There is a whole thread about VGC room views. Keep in mind that depending on how old the pictures are, the trees may be quite a bit taller than in the pictures. The thread is called
Villas at Disney's Grand Californian - Room Views

There is a whole thread about VGC room views. Keep in mind that depending on how old the pictures are, the trees may be quite a bit taller than in the pictures. The thread is called
Villas at Disney's Grand Californian - Room Views

I'm here now and emailed Member Services this list of rooms: 5502, 4508, 5508, 4502, 6502. I got 3508. I did online check in but when I went to front desk, they said the assigned a 2nd floor room so I asked again and they re-checked to see what was available. You can see a little bit of the park but the trees are in the way.

Attachments

• 20210530_074314.jpg
    20210530_074314.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 25
2020 Avacado toast from Craftsman Grill

2021 Mobile Order Avocado Toast, the second piece of bread was just underneath the first. The egg was hard cooked. I was so sad- I’ve been dreaming of this toast for 17 months! It went from top 3 Disney QS meals to the far, far bottom!

Attachments

• 13DE074E-6D2E-4D62-943B-790BD6B94540.png
    13DE074E-6D2E-4D62-943B-790BD6B94540.png
    287.5 KB · Views: 29
  • BFCB67AB-E1C6-4A8F-B034-3192A1D7C2D3.jpeg
    BFCB67AB-E1C6-4A8F-B034-3192A1D7C2D3.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 6CFC8FBF-F1B1-4538-83BD-721E48837F4A.jpeg
    6CFC8FBF-F1B1-4538-83BD-721E48837F4A.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 50D31B19-5E95-4F01-9069-AB8E937192E4.jpeg
    50D31B19-5E95-4F01-9069-AB8E937192E4.jpeg
    68.7 KB · Views: 27
That looks so sad. The lobster quesadilla I had for dinner was amazing! Maybe the cook wasn't awake, yet?

Are you going to get anything from Tortilla Joe's to take back to the room? DON'T USE MOBILE ORDER. Walk up to the bar and order from the bartender. As a bonus, you get a floor show watching the bartender work his magic while you wait for your food. 🕺

Last edited:
That looks so sad. The lobster quesadilla I had for dinner was amazing! Maybe the cook wasn't awake, yet?

Are you going to get anything from Tortilla Joe's to take back to the room? DON'T USE MOBILE ORDER. Walk up to the bar and order from the bartender. As a bonus, you get a floor show watching the bartender work his magic while you wait for your food. 🕺
Thanks for the tip! Can you also sit in the bar/lounge as a walk-up?
Also, is the quick service Tortilla Joe's area (burrito bar) up and running?

I’m waiting for the quesilla now! I didnt get the poke bowl because I remembered it as perfection and didn’t want that ruined too! Good tip on tortilla joes. We have Naples reserved tonight but tomorrow is open

Does anyone know the best Grand Californian e-mail to send comments to in order to get a response from management? The pool situation is incredibly disappointing this weekend. Every other hotel I've been to since the pandemic has figured out that appointment slots for pool time is better than telling guests they need to wait an indeterminate amount of time by the front gate (yesterday 2 hours) to use the pool ...

I'd rather just know they don't have any slots available and not slather up with sunscreen to be disappointed at the gate.

Can you go to guest services? It filled around 1:30 today. We got in at noon and it was close to full, but then a bunch of preschool families left so availability steady for a bit (it seemed). All the cabanas were also full, which I’ve never seen before. I was surprised how many families I saw going in at 9AM when we were eating breakfast. I wonder if they had been turned away yesterday based on your report. That would be so frustrating.

I’m waiting for the quesilla now! I didnt get the poke bowl because I remembered it as perfection and didn’t want that ruined too! Good tip on tortilla joes. We have Naples reserved tonight but tomorrow is open
The quesadilla was amazing and survived ”to go” well. The nachos… not so much! I’ll get them again when I can get the tray. My kids loved the kids grilled cheese and hot dog of the month (nacho hot dog).

Can you go to guest services? It filled around 1:30 today. We got in at noon and it was close to full, but then a bunch of preschool families left so availability steady for a bit (it seemed). All the cabanas were also full, which I’ve never seen before. I was surprised how many families I saw going in at 9AM when we were eating breakfast. I wonder if they had been turned away yesterday based on your report. That would be so frustrating.
I asked guest services who to email,they gave me the general manager's email. I sent him my thoughts on the experience. I feel worse for people who paid $700+/night to stay here. We'll see what comes of it.

The pool situation is incredibly disappointing this weekend. Every other hotel I've been to since the pandemic has figured out that appointment slots for pool time is better than telling guests they need to wait an indeterminate amount of time by the front gate (yesterday 2 hours) to use the pool ...

I'd rather just know they don't have any slots available and not slather up with sunscreen to be disappointed at the gate.

No contacts for you, but that is just awful! Aulani is basically a free for all, but the CMs are checking for wristbands like never before. Hopefully the GCH management can figure out a better system ASAP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter