The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

It's nine days until we (me, DW, DD9, DD5) fly into SNA from out of state for our 3 night use-it-or-lose-it-points stay at VGC. Barring a last minute reprieve from the governor, we won't be able to enter the parks. I'm sure Downtown Disney and the VGC pool will take up much of our time, but does anyone have suggestions on other fun family activities in the area? We'll have a rental car.

I was thinking of hitting Newport Beach where my family would spend a week every summer instead of going to Disneyland, no matter how much I begged. My dad, forever scarred by the frozen winters of upstate New York worshiped the sun. I've also seen mention of the Disney exhibit at the Bowers museum. Anything else I should consider?
The San Diego Zoo is a nice day trip from Anaheim! And of course there are the Southern California beaches!

Does anyone know how to link a VGC reservation to the Disneyland App? I have a DVC studio stay coming up and would like to be able to check in on the app, but I can't seem to find how to link it.
Thanks!

Does anyone know how to link a VGC reservation to the Disneyland App? I have a DVC studio stay coming up and would like to be able to check in on the app, but I can't seem to find how to link it.
Thanks!

It seems like you have to link thru the website, not the app.

Did anyone stay at VGC this opening week? I was hoping we would have some details by now.

Any details on?

Check-in process
Bell Services
Grocery procedures
Update on tree growth (or hopefully trimming) or views
Balcony open or closed

Will take any details!

We have our first VGC stay this July for a big birthday trip (and it's been over 10 years since we have been to DR at all)!

Very excited and waiting for dining reservations to open up.

What restaurants are not to be missed? I have food allergies, so any great gluten free options would be awesome!

Can you access the pools before check-in time? Since re-opening, have you been getting into your rooms early?

I just can't figure out why sometimes the stalking works and the waitlist doesn't.

I don't work for Disney so I don't know this for sure, but I'm willing to guess that there's a program that checks wait lists periodically, perhaps as little as once a day. In any case I'm going to guess that if you stalk the reservations you may be getting in between times that the wait list program runs. Just a guess.

Are the chances of getting your room location requests better when you check-in in person at the front desk or when you check-in online?

I usually add mine via email to member services or chat. There aren’t many options during online check in and it may be too late by in person check in since it’s such a small resort.

Since re-opening, has anyone had experience with grocery delivery like Amazon Fresh? With the lack of food options and long wait times for mobile ordering, thinking of having groceries delivered.

I had emailed member services to place my VGC room requests and received a response saying requests are not guaranteed. I did my online check in and it says I have no room requests. Was I supposed to do something else when I made the request?

I had emailed member services to place my VGC room requests and received a response saying requests are not guaranteed. I did my online check in and it says I have no room requests. Was I supposed to do something else when I made the request?

If it's something that isn't standard they place the request in a note field and there aren't too many standard requests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter